Thread: hearing loss and ocd

hearing loss and ocd

I'm afraid. I know that I believe in Jesus Christ is my Lord and Savior and believe He forgives me but I still struggle with this. I'm deaf and have OCD. OCD always wants me to doubt my salvation and my hearing loss makes life more difficult.

I want to live for Christ but how can I help others when I don't hear well what others are saying? How can I exercise my thoughts and emotions and heart when I'm deaf not knowing well what others are saying and this makes it harder for me to get my focus off of myself and onto others. I can do for people but that's not enough because my social skills and speaking are poor with my speech impediment, and whatever relationships I have never lasts for they always drift away. When I hear people talk around me, I don't hear words for the most part it just sounds like a bunch of sounds all garbled together and it gets frustrated and annoying. I think most hearing people feel awkward with me but if that's so, I feel the same with them. Is there any deaf people on this website whom I can chat with? I don't go to deaf websites for they, pretty much all of them, you have to pay money to be a member.

it's hard feeling useless. I don't do well with deaf people either because I was raised around hearing people. I met a guy at work, bob jones university in the dining area where I worked temporary and he's deaf with hearing aids. I gave him my email address if he wanted to talk or whatever but never heard back from him and that was a couple of weeks ago. I just feel lonely and rejected and wondered why would Jesus love me, I'm such a wretched sinner! Yes, I know He came to save sinners even the most wretched. When I'm not with people I spend time being alone and it hurts so much reading God's Word on how to live my life for Jesus while knowing I fall so short or don't obey.

I have a hard time keeping a job because I would just work, work, and work and there's hardly any social interaction with others and I feel like I'm going crazy, I've got to talk, I've got to know what's going on with others! I just feel depressed right now.

I don't want anyone to feel sorry for me I just need help and don't know what to do about this. Never feel sorry for me. I once worked for this person's house doing outside work and this person came over to me and said he felt sorry for me, I asked why and he said he felt sorry for me because I was deaf, I told him not to feel sorry for me and he said it again, I feel sorry for you. I felt very angry and felt like an inferior, so never tell deaf people you feel sorry for them.

Re: hearing loss and ocd

Perhaps you can't hear but you can write and read. perhaps you could pray for God to inspire you with poetry or devotional writing. You deafness does not limit written communication. The only things that limits that; is your willingness to write.

Paul wrote that God will not allow us to be tested beyond what we are able to endure, so I assume that the Lord believes and trusts you that you can endure this if you look to Him (the way of escape). I also believe that even with your deafness He has not left you without a talent. So the question is are you going to use that talent or just sit on it. Seek Him for direction and open doors to use the gift or talent He has given you.
    "He's wild, you know. Not like a tame lion."
    C.S. Lewis, "The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe."

"Oh, but sometimes the sun stays hidden for years"
    "Sometimes the sky rains night after night, When will it clear?"

"But our Hope endures the worst of conditions"
    "It's more than our optimism, Let the earth quake"
    "Our Hope is unchanged"
    "Our Hope Endures" Natalie Grant

Thread Information