Page 1 of 19 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Episcopal Church to allow same-sex marriages

Episcopal Church to allow same-sex marriages

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/episcopa...-sex-marriage/

I'm not hearing many Christians speak up about this. I'm not hearing about Christians preaching outside of Episcopal Churches.
    Lead me in Your truth and teach me,
    For You are the God of my salvation;
    On You I wait all the day.

Psalms 25:5

Re: Episcopal Church to allow same-sex marriages

Quote Originally Posted by Christinme View Post
    http://www.cbsnews.com/news/episcopa...-sex-marriage/

I'm not hearing many Christians speak up about this. I'm not hearing about Christians preaching outside of Episcopal Churches.
    Do you have a suggestion?
    Some people don't mind contradicting themselves as long as they can keep disagreeing with you...

Quote Originally Posted by ChangedByHim View Post
    Do you have a suggestion?
    Yes I would suggest Christians make a bigger deal about this kind of thing than what they do concerning what the civil government is doing.

Blog Entries

This isn't new news. in general discussion of the church as a whole. But it is a big deal. This same denomination already authorized a "blessing rite" over gay couples a several years ago. The (USA) Presbyterian Church has married gay people for a while and Evangelical Lutherans have practice gay marriage (left up to the individual minister) since 2009. And the United Church of Christ has been marrying gay couples since 2005.

CLICK HERE FOR SOURCE

I guess it depends on what part of the internet one frequents, but I've heard a lot of complaining about this pertaining to the Presbyterians in particular. Most churches aren't going to march in front of those churches but have made decisions to break fellowship with them. One can petition their government based on grievances, but from one church to another - that isn't going to work.
    ".....it's your nickel"

Yes I would suggest Christians make a bigger deal about this kind of thing than what they do concerning what the civil government is doing.
    I agree 100%.

But I'm not sure if you think we should stand outside the E. church and picket? This battle is not with flesh and blood.

The apostate church is going to rise up whether we protest or not.
    Some people don't mind contradicting themselves as long as they can keep disagreeing with you...

Blog Entries

1 John 2 applies to them

Blog Entries

You don't approve of the policies of liberal churches? I don't, either. But I'm not going to avoid contact with liberals (as some conservatives do) or worse, follow the fundamentalist doctrine of "secondary separation." And I'm not going to try to shame liberals into obeying God's commandments, since we don't agree what they are.

Liberals care a lot about causing pain or injustice.
    Liberals see themselves as more enlightened and scientific in their understanding of the Bible. They deny the power of God.
    Therefore they say that LGBT's are born that way and can't change.
    Therefore they would be ashamed to not fight for the equality of LGBT's.

You can't use shame against them. But you could possibly convince them with superior reasoning, or being a friend to them instead of pushing them away with perceived condemnation. Or better yet, you could convince them that there still is power with those who walk with God.

Blog Entries

I don't care if they are "liberal" or "conservative," when they become apostate, they are no longer part of Christ.

I already said in another post that the church in America will be like China. There will be the apostate church that the world embraces, and many will live out their comfort and false hope in there, and there will be Christ's Church that the world will hate and persecute. But do not think for one moment the worse persecution will come from secular groups or activists. The worse persecutors will not be the secular crowd, but they be the very ones who proclaim Jesus. No surprise on that one. Paul is a good example of how an apostate religion persecutes the true faith.

We're just seeing the birth pangs of that. We are being orderd to shut up, told to shut down businesses that we have run for decades, told to get to the back of the bus. They are spreading false doctrine from Scripture, using talking points that build strawmen arguments, twisting the Word of God that love is manifested in embracing rebellion against God, that wisdom is equal to sinning. And the onslought will get even worse.

No, the greatest persecution will come right out of the gates of hell and claim to be among us, praising God, and their words will sound very much like the truth, and many will be swept away by the counterfeit, just as we have read in Scripture. This is what the faithful will have to overcome. Not lawsuits, not media attacks, not assaults from unbelievers, but shame, persecution and false doctrine taught by the apostate church that embraces sin. Those are the tares Slug-1 is referring to. And they are among us.

I agree 100%.

But I'm not sure if you think we should stand outside the E. church and picket? This battle is not with flesh and blood.

The apostate church is going to rise up whether we protest or not.
    I said preach not picket ...

I said preach not picket ...
    OK....... we should all go preach outside the Episcopal church.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by keck553 View Post
    1 John 2 applies to them
    Perhaps, but liberals see themselves as acting on the 1 John 2 principle of loving God & neighbors, and they think that conservatives are the ones not showing love to their neighbors. I think this is one of the less useful Bible passages to bring to the attention of liberals.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by little watchman View Post
    Perhaps, but liberals see themselves as acting on the 1 John 2 principle of loving God & neighbors, and they think that conservatives are the ones not showing love to their neighbors. I think this is one of the less useful Bible passages to bring to the attention of liberals.
    Like CBH, this battle isn't in the flesh, but against the principalities satan has established through his minions in this country. Yes, the enemy will manifest this battle in the flesh, because satan has always assaulted God's creation through this method.

We need to overcome something far greater than the physical consequences of persecution. We need to overcome those principalities that are a close copy, but a counterfeit of God's way. The only way we are going to accomplish that is by the blood of the Lamb and the word of our testimony. I have no desire to protest anything, but

I

WILL

NOT

BE

COERCED

TO

SIN

AGAINST

MY

GOD.

I don't care if they are "liberal" or "conservative," when they become apostate, they are no longer part of Christ.
    This. If they ever were.

Interesting...... a man from the local Episcopal church (very small) came to see me about 10 days ago and told me he's done with them for these very reasons and wanted to start coming to my church. He came the past two Sundays and we are very different from what he's used to as a non-denominational full gospel church. But I think he likes it.

Blog Entries

This. If they ever were.

Interesting...... a man from the local Episcopal church (very small) came to see me about 10 days ago and told me he's done with them for these very reasons and wanted to start coming to my church. He came the past two Sundays and we are very different from what he's used to as a non-denominational full gospel church. But I think he likes it.

No doubt, we will have refugees.

I already said in another post that the church in America will be like China. There will be the apostate church that the world embraces, and many will live out their comfort and false hope in there, and there will be Christ's Church that the world will hate and persecute. But do not think for one moment the worse persecution will come from secular groups or activists. The worse persecutors will not be the secular crowd, but they be the very ones who proclaim Jesus. No surprise on that one. Paul is a good example of how an apostate religion persecutes the true faith.

We're just seeing the birth pangs of that. We are being orderd to shut up, told to shut down businesses that we have run for decades, told to get to the back of the bus. They are spreading false doctrine from Scripture, using talking points that build strawmen arguments, twisting the Word of God that love is manifested in embracing rebellion against God, that wisdom is equal to sinning. And the onslought will get even worse.

No, the greatest persecution will come right out of the gates of hell and claim to be among us, praising God, and their words will sound very much like the truth, and many will be swept away by the counterfeit, just as we have read in Scripture. This is what the faithful will have to overcome. Not lawsuits, not media attacks, not assaults from unbelievers, but shame, persecution and false doctrine taught by the apostate church that embraces sin. Those are the tares Slug-1 is referring to. And they are among us.
    And most definitely on the day of judgement Christ will say to them to depart from Him because He never knew them, to which they will reply, but we did this and that in Your name. Even then they will be clueless.

Thread Information