Thread: Something to think about at Easter.

Blog Entries

Something to think about at Easter.

I know many people think its wrong to celebrate Easter, but for me and my family, Easter is the time we 'remember' Jesus death and resurrection. A long time ago, I wrote something about Easter and ended up sharing it on here, as one of the articles.

Each year, I try to remember to remind people about it as Easter approaches, and that's what I am going to do now. Easter, to me, is not the Easter Egg hunt, or the Easter Bunny or even the new clothes. This is what I think about as Easter nears.

So, for those who have not read this article, please click to read 'We Interrupt This Broadcast to Bring You a Special Report'.

http://bibleforums.org/content.php?5...This-Broadcast...
    My favorite scripture: Malachi 3:16

"Then they that feared the LORD spake often one to another: and the LORD hearkened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the LORD, and that thought upon his name!" (Every time we speak of the Lord, or even THINK of him--its written down in a book of remembrance!)

The beautiful farm in the center of heaven!
    Blog Entries

Re: Something to think about at Easter.

WONDERFUL! Thank you for sharing this!
    Don't seek too much knowledge. You just may be putting more weight on your shoulders than you're able to bare. Let God be the one to decide how quickly you grow.

Quote Originally Posted by Diggindeeper View Post
    I know many people think its wrong to celebrate Easter, but for me and my family, Easter is the time we 'remember' Jesus death and resurrection. A long time ago, I wrote something about Easter and ended up sharing it on here, as one of the articles.

Each year, I try to remember to remind people about it as Easter approaches, and that's what I am going to do now. Easter, to me, is not the Easter Egg hunt, or the Easter Bunny or even the new clothes. This is what I think about as Easter nears.

So, for those who have not read this article, please click to read 'We Interrupt This Broadcast to Bring You a Special Report'.

http://bibleforums.org/content.php?5...This-Broadcast...
    The people that I know who object to celebrating Easter object to the pagan name and rituals (eggs and rabbits). Celebrating the resurrection of our Lord is precisely what we should be doing so I applaud you for your stand. My other issue with the celebration is that the CC decided to make it a "Sunday" holiday. We celebrate Christmas on Dec. 25th regardless of what day of the week it falls even though we have no idea when the day of Jesus birth was. With the resurrection, we do know what day it occurred. Jesus was crucified the day before Passover (13th of the month) and resurrected 3 days and nights later (17th). We have a Jewish calendar and we can find the 17th anytime we wish but the selection of Easter is the first Sunday after the first full moon following the spring equinox.

I have never met anyone who objects to celebrating Easter. Even those who don't worship Christ enjoy having a holiday.
    What I object to is that Pentecost seems to be celebrated less and less - even by some 'Christians'.
    It is still essential for every Christian to wait on God to receive their own personal Pentecost - they have received the breath of Jesus (John 20:22) but He also said Acts1:4-8.

The day if Yahoshua's death - is a day of sadness in remembering the suffering of Yahoshya - also a day of hope.

The day of Yahoshua's death - is a day of sadness in remembering the suffering of Yahoshya - also a day of hope.

duplicated sentences were my mistake.

Thread Information