(27 And he shall make a strong covenant with many for one week, and for half of the week he shall put an end to sacrifice and offering. And on the wing of abominations shall come one who makes desolate, until the decreed end is poured out on the desolator.”)

Who the 'he' is in Dan 9:27? It is my contention that if we understood who this 'he' is in Dan 9:27, we could resolve many misunderstanding in Revelation - and even give us the exact date of when the 'antichrist' is mortally wounded!

If you subscribe to a preterist interpretation of Daniel 9, please refrain from commenting in this thread - there's a million others to post in. I am not trying to throw away a historical understanding of Daniel 9 - I am merely saying that there is a future application to it and Revelation is based around this futurist interpretation of it. If you subscribe to Daniel 9:27 only, I ask you why just Dan 9:27 and not the whole chapter? Especially when it addresses certain problems that have never really been resolved.

Please note, in describing a futurist interpretation of Daniel 9, I have to use dates to illustrate some things. If dates offend you, this is not the thread for you. I am not setting a date for the 'rapture'. I don't believe in a whisked away rapture, so don't accuse me of saying something that I'm not. Nor am I setting a date for Jesus' return, but certain aspects in the end-times do seem to conform to set dates.

Here is my theory: Revelation is structured around Daniel 9 without a "gap" to the "70th week". I've mixed up some translations to fit how I see things, here's the interlinear to go over it: http://biblehub.com/interlinear/daniel/9.htm
24 “Seventy '7's [NIV] are decreed about your people and your holy city, to finish the transgression, to put an end to sin, and to atone for iniquity, to bring in everlasting righteousness, to seal both vision and prophet, [ESV] and to anoint the most Holy. [KJV]

25 "Know and understand this: From the time the word goes out to restore and rebuild Jerusalem until the Anointed One, the ruler, comes, there will be seven 'sevens,' and sixty-two 'sevens.' It will be rebuilt with streets and a trench, but in times of trouble. [NIV]

26 And after threescore and two weeks [KJV] an anointed one shall be cut off and shall have nothing [ESV] and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined. [KJV]

27 He will make a firm covenant with many for one week, but in the middle of the week he will put a stop to sacrifice and offering. And the abomination of desolation will be on a wing of the temple until the decreed destruction is poured out on the desolator."

Of course, 'weeks' is the Hebrew word, 'shabua' which means '7' and also means "Feast of Weeks", the conclusion of which is Shavuot (aka Pentecost, the 50th day, with the Feast of weeks being 7 weeks/ 49 days from Passover to Shavuot.) In other words, it can have the meaning of 'years' in the sense of Shavuot to Shavuot.

At verse 24, we have 'seal the prophet' and 'anoint the Most Holy': who would these be? Joshua and Zerubabbel respectively. From Zechariah 3 & 4.
Zech 4:14 Then said he, These are the two anointed ones, that stand by the Lord of the whole earth.
These would be the 2 witnesses that are in the 1st half of the 7 year covenant time-frame.

In verse 25, the "anointed one", isn't Zerubabbel, it's the antichrist. John 5:43 I have come in my Father’s name, and you do not receive me. If another comes in his own name, you will receive him.

Now let's go back to Revelation 17
When I saw her, I marveled greatly. 7 But the angel said to me, “Why do you marvel? I will tell you the mystery of the woman, and of the beast with seven heads and ten horns that carries her. 8 The beast that you saw was, and is not, and is about to rise from the bottomless pit[b] and go to destruction. And the dwellers on earth whose names have not been written in the book of life from the foundation of the world will marvel to see the beast, because it was and is not and is to come. 9 This calls for a mind with wisdom: the seven heads are seven mountains on which the woman is seated;

they are also seven kings, five of whom have fallen, one is, the other has not yet come, and when he does come he must remain only a little while. 11 As for the beast that was and is not, it is an eighth but it belongs to the seven, and it goes to destruction. 12 And the ten horns that you saw are ten kings who have not yet received royal power, but they are to receive authority as kings for one hour, together with the beast.
There's a 7th head, an 8th head, and a False Prophet (we know this because the False Prophet is the beast from the earth, and the 8 heads belong to the beast from the sea.) (One could argue that the woman represents the church and the false prophet is the leader of this wicked church).

Now let's go back to verse 26
26 And after threescore and two weeks [KJV] an anointed one shall be cut off and shall have nothing [ESV] and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined. [KJV]

When we look at Daniel 9 in a strictly future tense, the 'anointed one' is understood to be the antichrist/ the 7th head of Revelation 17; and is cut off after 62 weeks (literally 62 weeks from the 69th Shavuot from the creation of Israel). Then the 'people of the prince to come destroys the city and the sanctuary'. This 'next prince' is our 8th head.

Going over verse 25 & 26, the 'anointed one' (aka the 'antichrist'/ 7th head) arrives at the 69th Shavuot (this dusk June 11, 2016) and is then killed after 62 weeks (August 19th, 2017). (How this arrival is manifested, I have no clue)

Here it is again
25 "Know and understand this: From the time the word goes out to restore and rebuild Jerusalem until the Anointed One, the ruler, comes, there will be seven 'sevens,' and sixty-two 'sevens.' It will be rebuilt with streets and a trench, but in times of trouble. [NIV]

In verse 25, it says 7 '7's and 62 '7's. Because there is a valid historical model for interpreting the numbers just as years (e.g. 70 '7's has historically been understood to mean 490 years even though there is no 'years' mentioned), one could just as easily say 49 years & 62 weeks. In other words, the 7 '7's and the 62 '7's are differentiated because they have 2 different meanings: the 7 '7's would mean 49 (years) and the 62 '7's would mean 62 weeks... and we would still arrive at the same date of dusk June 11, 2016 because we could go 49 years from the end of the 6 Day War that recaptured Jerusalem at June 10, 1967. The '62 weeks' marks the termination of this phase of the anointed one (after which, he receives a mortal head wound and his mortal head wound is healed):

This anointed one is the one that receives the mortal head wound from Revelation 13

And I saw a beast rising out of the sea, with ten horns and seven heads, with ten diadems on its horns and blasphemous names on its heads. 2 And the beast that I saw was like a leopard; its feet were like a bear's, and its mouth was like a lion's mouth. And to it the dragon gave his power and his throne and great authority. 3 One of its heads seemed to have a mortal wound, but its mortal wound was healed, and the whole earth marveled as they followed the beast. 4 And they worshiped the dragon, for he had given his authority to the beast, and they worshiped the beast, saying, “Who is like the beast, and who can fight against it?” 5 And the beast was given a mouth uttering haughty and blasphemous words, and it was allowed to exercise authority for forty-two months. 6 It opened its mouth to utter blasphemies against God, blaspheming his name and his dwelling,[a] that is, those who dwell in heaven. 7 Also it was allowed to make war on the saints and to conquer them.[b] And authority was given it over every tribe and people and language and nation, 8 and all who dwell on earth will worship it, everyone whose name has not been written before the foundation of the world in the book of life of the Lamb who was slain.
After the 62 weeks, the anointed one (the 7th head) is killed (receives the mortal head wound) and then is healed. Then the 8th head, the 'next prince' destroys the city and sanctuary.

Now, we come to the infamous Dan 9:27
27 He will make a firm covenant with many for one week, but in the middle of the week he will put a stop to sacrifice and offering. And the abomination of desolation will be on a wing of the temple until the decreed destruction is poured out on the desolator."
It's ambiguous who the verse is referring to: is it the 8th head, or is it the revived 7th head? Or is it both with each other? The '70th week' (aka 7 year tribulation) can finally arrive, but it comes pretty late to the whole game (in Revelation terms, it comes at the 6th Trumpet).

At the very least, we can know that the 7 years comes after the 'mortal head wound'. Put another way, Revelation 13's beast from the sea is starting at the beginning of the 7 year covenant.

Now let's finish out Rev 13 with the Beast from the earth/ the False Prophet. Here it gets a little confusing: people automatically assume that the false prophet comes right after the 'beast from the sea' emerges from his mortal head wound healing... But that doesn't make sense with what Daniel 9 is describing. The False Prophet is actually coming 1260 days after the 7th head gets his mortal head wound and subsequent healing. Again, the scenario Daniel 9 is describing is this sequence of events:

• the anointed one comes at the 69th Shavuot (or alternately, 7 '7's / 49 years after the recapture of Jerusalem at June 10, 1967),

• then after 62 weeks receives a mortal head wound ('is cut off'), then possibly makes a 7 year covenant, which after 1260 days, the 7th head relinquishes (or is stripped of) authority in some manner;

• the False prophet comes and makes people worship a living image of the 7th head in the middle of the 7 year covenant (which is not exactly the same time frame as the person being given authority).

And when you look at Rev 13, you can see that this is what is being described: in verse 5 above, it shows that the 7th head/ mortally wounded head is only blaspheming God and making war on the saints. There is no mention of the forced worship with 666 (yes, it does say that people “will” worship him - but that doesn't occur right then and there). The 2 witnesses, Zerubabbel and Joshua are witnessing.

Here is Rev 13
11 Then I saw another beast coming up out of the earth; he had two horns like a lamb, but he sounded like a dragon. 12 He exercises all the authority of the first beast on his behalf and compels the earth and those who live on it to worship the first beast, whose fatal wound was healed. 13 He also performs great signs, even causing fire to come down from heaven to earth before people. 14 He deceives those who live on the earth because of the signs that he is permitted to perform on behalf of the beast, telling those who live on the earth to make an image of the beast who had the sword wound yet lived. 15 He was permitted to give a spirit to the image of the beast, so that the image of the beast could both speak and cause whoever would not worship the image of the beast to be killed. 16 And he requires everyone-small and great, rich and poor, free and slave-to be given a mark on his right hand or on his forehead, 17 so that no one can buy or sell unless he has the mark: the beast's name or the number of his name. 18 Here is wisdom: The one who has understanding must calculate the number of the beast, because it is the number of a man. His number is 666.
"On his behalf" (verse 12 above) is derived from the Greek "enopian' which means "before, in the presence of; in behalf of, by authority of" https://billmounce.com/greek-dictionary/enopion

This understanding/ translation fits better with what Daniel 9 is describing. The 7th head is mortally wounded at the beginning of the 7 years, then authority is transferred from the 7th head to the False Prophet (at the middle of the 7 years) who then makes people worship a living image of the 7th head.

Hopefully, people can see how the deception is working: the 7th head arrives and is around for a while (62 weeks) before getting a mortal head wound and even after being healed, the mortally head wounded person doesn't immediately start enforcing worship of himself until 3.5 years later!

This is a lot of abstract ideas, let's look at something concrete: the star sign of Revelation 12:1
And a great sign appeared in heaven: a woman clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet, and on her head a crown of twelve stars. 2 She was pregnant and was crying out in birth pains and the agony of giving birth.

Which occurs on September 23, 2017, Jupiter is 'born' through Virgo's hips with 12 stars (9 stars in Leo + 3 planets) at her head

Remember how the serpent casts a flood out of his mouth in Revelation 12?
12 Therefore, rejoice, O heavens and you who dwell in them! But woe to you, O earth and sea, for the devil has come down to you in great wrath, because he knows that his time is short!”

13 And when the dragon saw that he had been thrown down to the earth, he pursued the woman who had given birth to the male child. 14 But the woman was given the two wings of the great eagle so that she might fly from the serpent into the wilderness, to the place where she is to be nourished for a time, and times, and half a time.

15 The serpent poured water like a river out of his mouth after the woman, to sweep her away with a flood. 16 But the earth came to the help of the woman, and the earth opened its mouth and swallowed the river that the dragon had poured from his mouth. 17 Then the dragon became furious with the woman and went off to make war on the rest of her offspring, on those who keep the commandments of God and hold to the testimony of Jesus. And he stood on the sand of the sea.

Then the beast from the sea comes up in Revelation 13.

Well, let's go back to Daniel 9 again:

[The 'anointed one' (7th head) comes at the (7 + 62 ) 69th Shavuot from the creation of Israel (aka 'shabua' which means week/ '7' / or Feast of Weeks, the end of which is Shavuot. Or, alternately the 7th head of Satan comes 49 years after the taking back of Jerusalem (June 10, 1967), and the 8th head coming 62 weeks after this 49 years marker (June 11, 2016) on August 19th, 2017.]

26 And after threescore and two weeks [KJV] an anointed one shall be cut off and shall have nothing [ESV]

[at the same time that the 7th head is mortally wounded, the 8th is being anointed. This 7th head that is 'cut off' is the same as the Revelation 13 head that is mortally wounded and comes back to life.]

and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined. [KJV]

[This 'flood' of Daniel 9 is the same 'flood' of Revelation 12:15. So, after 62 weeks, the 7th head of Satan gets killed, on August 19th, 2017. Then the 8th head comes with his people to destroy the city and the sanctuary with a flood! When was the woman going into the wilderness in Revelation 12? September 23, 2017! Right after the 7th head is mortally wounded, the 8th head comes to destroy the city and the sanctuary and sends a flood out after the woman, just like Daniel 9 describes!

[We are back to the 'he' again. We know that the 7th head is worshiped with the living image, so at the very least we know that the 7th head, the mortally head wounded individual is the one being worshiped at the middle point of this 7 year period. People automatically assume this 'he' is the same as the 'prince to come', but hopefully the reader can see that the 'prince to come' in this particular instance means the 8th head.
After the city and the sanctuary has been destroyed, then the 7 year covenant is made.]

There's a lot more material just going over the 7 year covenant dates and other conclusions from the material, so I'll just leave that for another post for now.