Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Matthew 26:29,the unfinished passover seder and marriage supper of the Lamb

Re: Matthew 26:29,the unfinished passover seder and marriage supper of the Lamb

Quote Originally Posted by randyk View Post
    Interesting. Thank you! I've never put all these things together myself. As for predicting the 2nd coming will be on the Feast of Trumpets, I won't do that. Setting dates has never worked for anybody. However, I get your point. The Feast of Trumpets much better depicts Christ's coming than Passover!
    I am with you Randy on setting dates. It is just that all of the feast dates have been related to an event in Jesus life. Also scripture says we will not know the day or the hour but Paul says we should not be caught unawares so we should be able to see it coming.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheDivineWatermark View Post
    The passage says that "the marriage" has taken place... and regarding the guests (for the "feast/supper"), "having been invited" (that is, the inviting has been accomplished by then)... but it does not say that "the marriage feast/supper" has taken place (as of yet, at that time). I believe it corresponds perfectly with the Matthew 25:1,10nasb "wedding feast/supper" (and Matthew 22:9-14nasb, as well as Luke 12:36-37,40 upon His "return" [that is, to the earth]).

There is only one "rapture" (that of "the Church which is His body" before the 7-yrs/70th-Wk; FOR "the marriage"), but those who are "resurrected" AFTER/AT END of the 7-yrs/70th-Wk (Daniel 12:13, Revelation 20:4, etc) attend "the wedding feast/supper" [i.e. the earthly MK] (these are "resurrected" [to stand again on the earth] rather than "raptured" ["IN THE AIR"]), as well as those who endure unto the end of that time period, entering as living/mortals ["having been invited" to the promised and prophesied earthly Millennial Kingdom, its inauguration (commencing at the time of Christ's 2nd Coming to the earth)] (none of these are said to be "raptured" [i.e. to a supposed heavenly feast/supper]). I supplied the passages, specifically (to show this).

Matthew 26:29 correlates with Luke 22:16,18,30 (and that correlates with Matthew 19:28 / Matthew 25:31-34 "When the Son of man comes..." [always a "2nd-Coming-to-the-earth" reference])
    Beside ignoring the chronological order of events that take place in Revelation 19,you have also suggested that the marriage supper of the Lamb has to take place on this war torn,nuclear contaminated earth after Jesus returns. Will God invites us to a wedding with such an awful and terrified place?

If he does,then why is it that we can't find the marriage supper of the Lamb being mentioned in the rest of Revelation 19:17 to 21,and Revelation 20?

[QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by CurtTN View Post
    I see your point but must disagree with your 2 main assumptions.

1) Yes Jesus came to Jerusalem to celebrate the Passover but He ate the referenced meal on the day before Passover not on Passover. Scripture does not call the last supper a Seder meal.
    Jewish calendar always begins on the sunset of previous day,to sunset of that day.

Matthew 26:17 Now the first day of the feast of unleavened bread the disciples came to Jesus, saying unto him, Where wilt thou that we prepare for thee to eat the passover?

Mark 14:12 And the first day of unleavened bread, when they killed the passover, his disciples said unto him, Where wilt thou that we go and prepare that thou mayest eat the passover?

Luke 22:7 Then came the day of unleavened bread, when the passover must be killed. 8And he sent Peter and John, saying, Go and prepare us the passover, that we may eat.

Scripture does call it the Passover seder.

2) Matt. 26:29 does not make mention that when Jesus drinks wine again in Heaven it will be a Seder meal and that it will be the completions of this one.
    Since the meal is not finished,and Jesus indicates that he shall drink it new with them in heaven,it indicates that he shall finish it in heaven.

May be your opinion but I find no support. Since the Passover feast has already been part of prophesy fulfillment it seems more likely that the 2nd coming will be on Feast of Trumpets.
    Google "passover seder marriage supper of the Lamb",you should see lot of comments and books written about these two events,and linked them to one single event. But what they don't see is it's timing with the second coming of Jesus.

[QUOTE=2ndcoming;3327347]

Jewish calendar always begins on the sunset of previous day,to sunset of that day.

Matthew 26:17 Now the first day of the feast of unleavened bread the disciples came to Jesus, saying unto him, Where wilt thou that we prepare for thee to eat the passover?

Mark 14:12 And the first day of unleavened bread, when they killed the passover, his disciples said unto him, Where wilt thou that we go and prepare that thou mayest eat the passover?

Luke 22:7 Then came the day of unleavened bread, when the passover must be killed. 8And he sent Peter and John, saying, Go and prepare us the passover, that we may eat.

Scripture does call it the Passover seder.
    Both these scriptures are wrong because the FUB begins the day after Passover not before. The Passover lamb is killed on the day of preparation not on the day of Passover. Again my point is they were there to celebrate both feasts and therefore planed to be there for over a week and the arrived before. See Lev. 23 reguarding the feast days.

Since the meal is not finished,and Jesus indicates that he shall drink it new with them in heaven,it indicates that he shall finish it in heaven.
    again this is assumption not stated fact.

Google "passover seder marriage supper of the Lamb",you should see lot of comments and books written about these two events,and linked them to one single event. But what they don't see is it's timing with the second coming of Jesus.
    I certainly don't seek Google for my Bible references and the passages in Rev, on the marriage supper are short and concise. Again no mention of it being a Seder meal, it is a marriage celebration. You can call a goat a pig but it doesn't make it so.

Thanks for the reply

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndcoming View Post
    Beside ignoring the chronological order of events that take place in Revelation 19,you have also suggested that the marriage supper of the Lamb has to take place on this war torn,nuclear contaminated earth after Jesus returns. Will God invites us to a wedding with such an awful and terrified place?

If he does,then why is it that we can't find the marriage supper of the Lamb being mentioned in the rest of Revelation 19:17 to 21,and Revelation 20?
    Hi 2nd, why dio you conclude that the Marriage Supper will be on earth? Why not in Heaven? It is my conclusion that following the rapture/1st resurrection we go with Jesus from the clouds to Heaven for that supper and then we return with Him when He comes to do battle at Armageddon.

Thanks

[QUOTE]

Both these scriptures are wrong because the FUB begins the day after Passover not before. The Passover lamb is killed on the day of preparation not on the day of Passover. Again my point is they were there to celebrate both feasts and therefore planed to be there for over a week and the arrived before. See Lev. 23 reguarding the feast days.
    Can you elaborate more on your thought? Are you with Hebert Armstrong who believes a three days and three nights of Jesus' death with Wednesday being the crucifixion,and Saturday being the resurrection?

again this is assumption not stated fact.
    Jesus clearly indicates that he shall finish this meal in heaven. You can argue that he starts a new meal which has no relevance to the unfinished Passover meal. But it doesn't speak the common character of Jesus.

I certainly don't seek Google for my Bible references and the passages in Rev, on the marriage supper are short and concise. Again no mention of it being a Seder meal, it is a marriage celebration. You can call a goat a pig but it doesn't make it so.
    Then you are missing many good points when people spends tons of time to study their resemblance. I have listed one below;

[ There are four cups in the Passover Seder.

1 The Cup of Blessing

2 The Cup of Wrath

3 The Cup of Redemption (represents the blood of the Passover Lamb)

4 The Cup of the Kingdom

He took the cup but didn’t drink it Himself. He passed it around. They drank it, but He didn’t. He said He wouldn’t drink it till the day when He drinks it new with His disciples in His Father’s Kingdom. This means that there will be another Passover Seder in the Kingdom. ]

End of quote

The four cups are the progressive revealing of kingdom. When the 4th cup is drank in heaven,it reveals that kingdom is at hand. Jesus prepares to return to this earth.

[QUOTE]
    Hi 2nd, why dio you conclude that the Marriage Supper will be on earth? Why not in Heaven? It is my conclusion that following the rapture/1st resurrection we go with Jesus from the clouds to Heaven for that supper and then we return with Him when He comes to do battle at Armageddon.
    Nope. I have always said that the marriage supper of the Lamb shall be held in heaven. My comment is directed to TheDivineWatermark who always enchant the thought that Marriage supper of the Lamb is on this earth.

Blog Entries

Matthew 26:29 But I say unto you, I will not drink henceforth of this fruit of the vine, until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father's kingdom.

Most of us agree that Jesus did not finish his last supper with his disciples. He has indicated that he should finish the passover seder with them in his Father's kingdom.
    Sorry, don't agree. After supper He took the cup, which means the Passover is at an end - this is the final cup and it is drunk by all.

Note this in Mark:
    Mar 14:23 And he took a cup, and when he had given thanks he gave it to them, and they all drank of it.
    Mar 14:24 And he said to them, "This is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many.
    Mar 14:25 Truly, I say to you, I will not drink again of the fruit of the vine until that day when I drink it new in the kingdom of God."

The usage of the word they includes Jesus, this is confirmed in verse 25 because He says "again". Again means He has drunk, but will not do so until a later time.

Further Jesus doesn't say He won't drink the Passover cup, but fruit from the vine - which speaks of His return.
    He returns at the Feast of Booths, which occurs with fruit from the trees specified.

By the way, if you note John's gospel, Jesus' first miracle was turning water into wine.
    However did you know that at the Feast of Booths, is when the jars are filled with water afresh.
    It is due to this that Jesus declared in John 7:
    Joh 7:37 On the last day of the feast, the great day, Jesus stood up and cried out, "If anyone thirsts, let him come to me and drink.
    Joh 7:38 Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, 'Out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.'"

Which feast was this? The Feast of Booths.
    Last edited by ForHisglory; Jul 26th 2016 at 07:23 AM. Reason: Clarity

Blog Entries

There is also some indication from Jesus that he may come back on a future Passover.

Luke 13:35 Behold, your house is left unto you desolate: and verily I say unto you, Ye shall not see me, until the time come when ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord.

They shall not see Jesus until they say "Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord". Now,"Blessed is he that comes in the name of the Lord" is part of Hallel. Hallel is a Jewish prayer, a verbatim recitation from Psalm 113 - 118 which is used for praise and thanksgiving that is recited by the Jews on their three festival of Passover,Shavuot,and Sukkot. Last time they recited this song is at the time of Jesus' triumphal entry to Jerusalem.

Luke 19:38 Saying, Blessed be the King that cometh in the name of the Lord: peace in heaven, and glory in the highest.

Did Jesus relate his second coming to a future Passover during which the recitation of the Hallel shall take place? Some thought here.
    Now this is more interesting, and yet we need to tie this into this:
    Luk 17:30 so will it be on the day when the Son of Man is revealed.
    Luk 17:31 On that day, let the one who is on the housetop, with his goods in the house, not come down to take them away, and likewise let the one who is in the field not turn back.
    Luk 17:32 Remember Lot's wife.
    Luk 17:33 Whoever seeks to preserve his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life will keep it.

You see it is when the Two Witnesses (2W) are resurrected and ascend to heaven that the people will give glory to God:
    Rev 11:11 But after the three and a half days a breath of life from God entered them, and they stood up on their feet, and great fear fell on those who saw them.
    Rev 11:12 Then they heard a loud voice from heaven saying to them, "Come up here!" And they went up to heaven in a cloud, and their enemies watched them.
    Rev 11:13 And at that hour there was a great earthquake, and a tenth of the city fell. Seven thousand people were killed in the earthquake, and the rest were terrified and gave glory to the God of heaven.

You see the AC will come on the 10th Nisan and kill the 2W. He will claim to be god, and some will think this must be so as he killed the 2W.
    However 3.5 days later when the Passover Lambs should be slain - yet he has stopped this sacrifice, claiming to be the one who takes away sin - the 2W will rise from the dead, and the earthquake prophesied in Zech 14:5 will occur and so the people will give glory to God, and so those who do so will find deliverance, though they will need to flee for their lives.

Blog Entries

There is another evidence that Jesus' second coming shall take place in season of spring.

Daniel 2:34 Thou sawest till that a stone was cut out without hands, which smote the image upon his feet that were of iron and clay, and brake them to pieces. 35Then was the iron, the clay, the brass, the silver, and the gold, broken to pieces together, and became like the chaff of the summer threshingfloors; and the wind carried them away, that no place was found for them: and the stone that smote the image became a great mountain, and filled the whole earth.

The stone is Jesus. It speaks of his return. The key word is "became like the chaff of the summer threshing floors". It doesn't say "became like the chaff of the autumn threshing floors". And because it may require days,months to rebuke and judge all nations,to place his return in season of spring is reasonable.
    Sorry, but the above actually supports a Feast of Booths return.
    In Israel the Autumn starts 21/9, so an Autumn threshing floor would be at the end of Autumn meaning around 21/12.
    So the Summer threshing floor speaks of when Summer ends and the late harvest is in.
    When is the Harvest Festival?
    Deu 16:13 "You shall keep the Feast of Booths seven days, when you have gathered in the produce from your threshing floor and your winepress.
    This IS the summer threshing floor.

It is the 3rd occasion when the men of Israel are to gather which is the 15th Tishri
    Deu 16:16 "Three times a year all your males shall appear before the LORD your God at the place that he will choose: at the Feast of Unleavened Bread, at the Feast of Weeks, and at the Feast of Booths. They shall not appear before the LORD empty-handed.

The Jubilee is declared shortly before.
    Lev 25:9 Then you shall sound the loud trumpet on the tenth day of the seventh month. On the Day of Atonement you shall sound the trumpet throughout all your land.
    Lev 25:10 And you shall consecrate the fiftieth year, and proclaim liberty throughout the land to all its inhabitants. It shall be a jubilee for you, when each of you shall return to his property and each of you shall return to his clan.

Note that the destruction of those kingdoms occur at His coming, not months afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by ForHisglory View Post
    Sorry, but the above actually supports a Feast of Booths return.
    In Israel the Autumn starts 21/9, so an Autumn threshing floor would be at the end of Autumn meaning around 21/12.
    So the Summer threshing floor speaks of when Summer ends and the late harvest is in.
    When is the Harvest Festival?
    Deu 16:13 "You shall keep the Feast of Booths seven days, when you have gathered in the produce from your threshing floor and your winepress.
    This IS the summer threshing floor.

It is the 3rd occasion when the men of Israel are to gather which is the 15th Tishri
    Deu 16:16 "Three times a year all your males shall appear before the LORD your God at the place that he will choose: at the Feast of Unleavened Bread, at the Feast of Weeks, and at the Feast of Booths. They shall not appear before the LORD empty-handed.

The Jubilee is declared shortly before.
    Lev 25:9 Then you shall sound the loud trumpet on the tenth day of the seventh month. On the Day of Atonement you shall sound the trumpet throughout all your land.
    Lev 25:10 And you shall consecrate the fiftieth year, and proclaim liberty throughout the land to all its inhabitants. It shall be a jubilee for you, when each of you shall return to his property and each of you shall return to his clan.

Note that the destruction of those kingdoms occur at His coming, not months afterwards.
    Good points! However, I trust everyone here realizes that the point would be moot for those who do not actually live in the Middle East or north of the equator? South of the equator would be the opposite. Rather than try to tie in Christ's coming with a specific feast maybe we should just try to *learn* from the Feasts?

I can see why Christ would actually die in alignment with the Jewish Passover feast. And I can see why Pentecost might fall soon after this, in the same year. Jesus' earthly ministry was completed at a time when the Law was still in effect.

But Christ's 2nd coming is not tied to Jesus' earthly ministry at all, even if the atonement and the outpouring of the Spirit were. Christ's coming is going to take place long, long after the Law was made passť. Therefore, we might do well to not try to pinpoint Jesus' return with reference to a specific feast under an outmoded covenant.

There is no argument with me that Jesus is talking about a future Passover cup. But it seems to me that an attempt is being made to make the scriptures fit your theology to say that it will be renewed IN HEAVEN.

There was only one "last supper " that Jesus partook of just prior to his crucifixion that is mentioned in all 4 gospels. They must agree.

As far as when this will be done "anew",
    Matthew says: "in my Father's kingdom"
    Mark says: "new in the kingdom of God",
    Luke says: "when the kingdom of God shall come".

Luke gives the fullest account of Jesus's words, "when the kingdom of God shall come". The kingdom of heaven encompasses the kingdom of God, but the kingdom of God is here on the earth. This renewed supper well not take place until the established kingdom of God on planet earth.

As far as was it passover or not, the meal was to be completed before the next daybreak. The Lamb's for the Passover seder are killed on the 14th,during the daytime. Then, on the 14th at evening, the meal begins. This is stated that way to make sure that it is prepared and ready when the time for the meal has come, at the start of the 15th.
    This can be confirmed by reading Lev 23. In verse 27 it says to have the day of atonement on the "tenth" day of the month, whereas in verse 32 he equates that to being the"ninth day of the month at evening". Being that they are the same means that the 14th day of the month at evening is the same as the start of the 15th. Jesus ate the prepared passover meal on the Passover, the 15th of the month!
    Blessings to all who keepeth the sayings and the prophecy of HIS book!
    GB
    Adding 2 concurring thoughts to the Passover meal.
    1. The day is a treated as a high holy sabbath in which no work was to be done on that day. Meaning that it must be prepared the day before it is eaten.
    2. The feast of unleavened bread takes place on the 15th thru the 21st. The Passover meal commemorates leaving Egypt having to eat unleavened bread during that time. It is a 7 day feast of unleavened bread, not 8. [14-21=8days]
    Deut. 16:3 says that it is to be remembered as the bread of affliction. Even in Isa 30:20, when looking back on the Lord's (future) deliverance, it will be engendered as the bread of affliction.

Sorry, don't agree. After supper He took the cup, which means the Passover is at an end - this is the final cup and it is drunk by all.

Note this in Mark:
    Mar 14:23 And he took a cup, and when he had given thanks he gave it to them, and they all drank of it.
    Mar 14:24 And he said to them, "This is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many.
    Mar 14:25 Truly, I say to you, I will not drink again of the fruit of the vine until that day when I drink it new in the kingdom of God."

The usage of the word they includes Jesus, this is confirmed in verse 25 because He says "again". Again means He has drunk, but will not do so another time.

Further Jesus doesn't say He won't drink the Passover cup, but fruit from the vine - which speaks of His return.
    He returns at the Feast of Booths, which occurs with fruit from the trees specified.

By the way, if you note John's gospel, Jesus' first miracle was turning water into wine.
    However did you know that at the Feast of Booths, is when the jars are filled with water afresh.
    It is due to this that Jesus declared in John 7:
    Joh 7:37 On the last day of the feast, the great day, Jesus stood up and cried out, "If anyone thirsts, let him come to me and drink.
    Joh 7:38 Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, 'Out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.'"

Which feast was this? The Feast of Booths.
    Let's stick to KJV since it is the best translation of Hebrew bible.

Mark 14:22 And as they did eat, Jesus took bread, and blessed, and brake it, and gave to them, and said, Take, eat: this is my body. 23 And he took the cup, and when he had given thanks, he gave it to them: and they all drank of it. 24And he said unto them, This is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many. 25 Verily I say unto you, I will drink no more of the fruit of the vine, until that day that I drink it new in the kingdom of God.

I don't see the word "again" in this verse. Let's go to Luke 22 since Luke has a much detailed account of the last supper.

There are two cups Luke has recorded. The first cup in verse 17 while the second cup in verse 20. Let's look at the first cup.

Luke 22:14 And when the hour was come, he sat down, and the twelve apostles with him. 15 And he said unto them, With desire I have desired to eat this passover with you before I suffer: 16 For I say unto you, I will not any more eat thereof, until it be fulfilled in the kingdom of God. 17 And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and said, Take this, and divide it among yourselves: 18 For I say unto you, I will not drink of the fruit of the vine, until the kingdom of God shall come. 19 And he took bread, and gave thanks, and brake it, and gave unto them, saying, This is my body which is given for you: this do in remembrance of me.

In Jewish tradition,there are 4 cups of wine need to be taken before,during,and after the Passover meal. Luke records two,while Matthew and Mark records one only. In verse 17,before Jesus took the cup,he has already declared in verse 16 that he will not eat anymore thereof,until it be fulfilled in the kingdom of God. Then he took the cup,and gave thanks,and said,take this,and divide it among yourselves. It is quite clear that he didn't drink this cup.He even repeated himself of no desire to drink this cup in verse 18,until the kingdom of God shall come.

Luke 22:20 Likewise also the cup after supper, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood, which is shed for you.

This is the cup after supper. There is no record from Luke that Jesus took this cup. This cup is considered to be the fourth cup. This 4th cup is also seen by some Christians as the cup in Matthew 26:28-29 and Mark 14:24-25.

Also,we need to look at the events in Luke 22:14 to 20 are in chronological order.

14 And when the hour was come, he sat down, and the twelve apostles with him. 15 And he said unto them, With desire I have desired to eat this passover with you before I suffer: 16 For I say unto you, I will not any more eat thereof, until it be fulfilled in the kingdom of God.

When the hour was come,the table was set,when Jesus sat down with the twelve disciples,before the meal began,he already told them he would not eat any more thereof,until it be fulfilled in the kingdom of God. I believe Jesus didn't partake any of the four cups at all in last supper.

And your claim that Jesus shall return in Sukkot has no biblical evidence.Fruit of the vine is just another name for wine.

Now this is more interesting, and yet we need to tie this into this:
    Luk 17:30 so will it be on the day when the Son of Man is revealed.
    Luk 17:31 On that day, let the one who is on the housetop, with his goods in the house, not come down to take them away, and likewise let the one who is in the field not turn back.
    Luk 17:32 Remember Lot's wife.
    Luk 17:33 Whoever seeks to preserve his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life will keep it.

You see it is when the Two Witnesses (2W) are resurrected and ascend to heaven that the people will give glory to God:
    Rev 11:11 But after the three and a half days a breath of life from God entered them, and they stood up on their feet, and great fear fell on those who saw them.
    Rev 11:12 Then they heard a loud voice from heaven saying to them, "Come up here!" And they went up to heaven in a cloud, and their enemies watched them.
    Rev 11:13 And at that hour there was a great earthquake, and a tenth of the city fell. Seven thousand people were killed in the earthquake, and the rest were terrified and gave glory to the God of heaven.

You see the AC will come on the 10th Nisan and kill the 2W. He will claim to be god, and some will think this must be so as he killed the 2W.
    However 3.5 days later when the Passover Lambs should be slain - yet he has stopped this sacrifice, claiming to be the one who takes away sin - the 2W will rise from the dead, and the earthquake prophesied in Zech 14:5 will occur and so the people will give glory to God, and so those who do so will find deliverance, though they will need to flee for their lives.

Luke 17:30 Even thus shall it be in the day when the Son of man is revealed.

I see Luke 17:30 as the rapture event,explained by one shall be taken,one shall be left in subsequent verses.

34 I tell you, in that night there shall be two men in one bed; the one shall be taken, and the other shall be left. 35Two women shall be grinding together; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

I don't see this event has anything to do with the two witnesses. And concerning their arrival,I believe their arrival shall tie into the confirmation of covenant,which part of it is to give forth the permission to build the third temple. And this event is very likely to take place around a future Hanukkah.

[QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    There is no argument with me that Jesus is talking about a future Passover cup. But it seems to me that an attempt is being made to make the scriptures fit your theology to say that it will be renewed IN HEAVEN.

There was only one "last supper " that Jesus partook of just prior to his crucifixion that is mentioned in all 4 gospels. They must agree.

As far as when this will be done "anew",
    Matthew says: "in my Father's kingdom"
    Mark says: "new in the kingdom of God",
    Luke says: "when the kingdom of God shall come".

Luke gives the fullest account of Jesus's words, "when the kingdom of God shall come". The kingdom of heaven encompasses the kingdom of God, but the kingdom of God is here on the earth. This renewed supper well not take place until the established kingdom of God on planet earth.
    I have to disagree with you. The kingdom of God is the heavenly kingdom where the Father dwells.

Matthew 26:29 But I say unto you, I will not drink henceforth of this fruit of the vine, until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father's kingdom.

Mark 14:25 Verily I say unto you, I will drink no more of the fruit of the vine, until that day that I drink it new in the kingdom of God.

Luke 22:16 For I say unto you, I will not any more eat thereof, until it be fulfilled in the kingdom of God.

18 For I say unto you, I will not drink of the fruit of the vine, until the kingdom of God shall come.

List of kingdom of God in new testament.

Matthew 12:28 But if I cast out devils by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God is come unto you.

Luke 17:20 And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation:

Mark 1:15 And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.

Mark 10:15 Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child, he shall not enter therein.

Mark 10:24 And the disciples were astonished at his words. But Jesus answereth again, and saith unto them, Children, how hard is it for them that trust in riches to enter into the kingdom of God!

The message of millennium kingdom is never preached during the four gospel era,at the time of Jesus' ministry. It isn't taught many years later until John at Patmos island. All the kingdom of God message preached by Jesus points to his Father's kingdom in heaven. If Jesus preached two kingdom of God message,one in heaven,while one on earth,he has confused his disciples.

Also,Paul has no knowledge of the millennium kingdom. The kingdom of God he teaches also links to the heavenly Kingdom.

1 Corinthians 15:50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

1 Corinthians 6:10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

2 Thessalonians 1:5 Which is a manifest token of the righteous judgment of God, that ye may be counted worthy of the kingdom of God, for which ye also suffer:

When Jesus preaches the kingdom of God is at hand,it is because all the old testament saints who has died were in the place called paradise by Jesus. Their sin is covered,but not forgiven yet. This is why they couldn't go straight to the Father's kingdom where sin is forbidden. It is only after Jesus' blood was shed on the cross,their sin was forgiven. Jesus has spent three days and three nights in Hades. I suspect he went to them and took them all to his Father's place.The kingdom of God was never available until Jesus shed his blood on the cross.

Thread Information