Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The two witnesses

Blog Entries

The two witnesses

I also posted this one before but I would like to re-post it for new people to the site. It is also another way to look at the book of Revelation

The two witnesses

I believe these two witnesses to be symbolic of the prophets and the law who pointed to Jesus. Why does God call them the two witnesses? Why the term witness? It means that they had to witness something. Is it because they witnesses and pointed to Jesus?

It took two witnesses to witness to a testimony and two witnesses to witness a crime. Could the testimony be about who Jesus is and the crime be what Israel was guilty of?

Mosses represents the law and like the witnesses turned water into blood and struck the earth with all types of plagues. Elijah represents the prophets and like the witnesses he could shut the sky up so that it couldn’t rain and had fire devour his enemies. These two are the two olive trees also the two golden lamp stands and the two anointed ones that stand before the lord . This is referred to in Zechariah chapter 4.

The fire out of there mouths is the word that has power to condemn and convict . They are dressed in sackcloth to represent repentance. Jews reading this would understand the meanings.

They mirror Jesus’ life they have a 3 year ministry and can’t be killed until there time has come. They are also killed by the beast (which I believe is a demon behind the power of Rome) which also killed Jesus. They are killed in Jerusalem just like Jesus was. They are also dead for 3 days like Jesus was and are raised back to life and went up to heaven . Both Jesus and the two witnesses had earthquakes around the time of there death and there was also an earthquake when Jesus rose back to life.

Why is it 7000 people that died in the earthquake? Why the number 7000? 7 is the number of completeness and perfection to God and 1000 means many. It also says in Revelation 11:13 that people gave glory to God after the earthquake just like some people realized that Jesus was the son of God after the earthquake when Jesus died.

Why is Jerusalem also called Sodom and Egypt in Revelation 11:8. Sodom represents the morality of Jerusalem and Egypt represents the oppression of Jerusalem.

These two witnesses torment people with the word as there words torment and convicts people just like Jesus' words did. The Pharisees were happy when Jesus died because he was exposing them for who they were and they celebrated. His death.

Revelation is the unveiling of Jesus and these two witnesses help to show us who Jesus is.

Blog Entries

Re: The two witnesses

Gabriel and Micheal are the two witnesses

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ross3421 View Post
    Gabriel and Micheal are the two witnesses
    How did you come up with that?

How could they be killed?

Each of the two witnesses is anointed (from being an olive tree) and a church (from being a candlestick) by the Spirit of Jesus Christ.

As their witnessing is done on earth, and given a few clues that are quite definitive, the two witnesses are believers witnessing the truth and faith of Jesus Christ.

The two witnesses, therefore, are all of remnant (alive and remaining) believers symbolically called the churches at Ephesus and Smyrna.
    Grace and peace unto you from God the Father and from the Lord Jesus Christ!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by marty fox View Post
    How did you come up with that?

How could they be killed?
    Then ask yourself how could Jesus be killed?

Anyway.....these two spirit beings adorned fleshly bodies (aka Sodom) and are killed.

Things to note which the OP touched on....

1. Thier "bodies" rise up and they ascend into heaven as all watch.
    2. Thier bodies are only in the grave for how long? 3 days
    3. Thier ministry is how long? 3.5 years.

Ummmm sound familiar?

These two spirits are are actually 2 of the seven spirits upon the Lamb. They are two of his horns/eyes.

19 And the angel answering said unto him, I am Gabriel, that stand in the presence of God; and am sent to speak unto thee, and to shew thee these glad tidings.

12 And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people:

Blog Entries

Then ask yourself how could Jesus be killed?

Anyway.....these two spirit beings adorned fleshly bodies (aka Sodom) and are killed.

Things to note which the OP touched on....

1. Thier "bodies" rise up and they ascend into heaven as all watch.
    2. Thier bodies are only in the grave for how long? 3 days
    3. Thier ministry is how long? 3.5 years.

Ummmm sound familiar?

These two spirits are are actually 2 of the seven spirits upon the Lamb. They are two of his horns/eyes.

19 And the angel answering said unto him, I am Gabriel, that stand in the presence of God; and am sent to speak unto thee, and to shew thee these glad tidings.

12 And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people:
    But the seven spirits are the Holy Spirit

I still don't see how you tie them to Gabriel and Micheal

Good point..................
    And those castles made of sand....fall into the sea......eventually

Blog Entries

[QUOTE]
    YES!!!!!! I think you are the only one besides myself that see this.....

The holy spirit would be composed of seven parts. They are 7 in one. These seven are actually the 7 angels seen throughout Revelation. Two of these seven would be M&G.

Blog Entries

[QUOTE=ross3421;3370411]

YES!!!!!! I think you are the only one besides myself that see this.....

The holy spirit would be composed of seven parts. They are 7 in one. These seven are actually the 7 angels seen throughout Revelation. Two of these seven would be M&G.
    The Holy Spirit is God not angels angles are messengers of God

The Holy Spirit is the most Majestic manifestation that God alone can produce. He glorifies the relationship between the Father and his Son , Jesus Christ the Lord.
    And those castles made of sand....fall into the sea......eventually

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jeffweeder View Post
    The Holy Spirit is the most Majestic manifestation that God alone can produce. He glorifies the relationship between the Father and his Son , Jesus Christ the Lord.
    Well said Jeff..................

Blog Entries

The Holy Spirit is God not angels angles are messengers of God
    So you say the seven spirits "OF GOD" are the Holy spirit in which we agree.....However even if they do not represent the Holy spirts the following still applies

Well they have to be non created as 1. they are of God and 2. do no think the Lamb would have created eyes/horns. So we have 7 non created spirits.

Are not spirits angels and angels spirits? Can there be noncreated angels? Can these 7 angels be non created beings?

Blog Entries

So you say the seven spirits "OF GOD" are the Holy spirit in which we agree.....However even if they do not represent the Holy spirts the following still applies

Well they have to be non created as 1. they are of God and 2. do no think the Lamb would have created eyes/horns. So we have 7 non created spirits.

Are not spirits angels and angels spirits? Can there be non created angels? Can these 7 angels be non created beings?
    Sorry im not following you. The seven spirits are the Holy Spirit (the 7 horns & 7 eyes) who is God and not created. All angles are created beings. I don't think the angles have anything to do with the 7 spirits.

The 7 angles are the seven stars Jesus holds in his hands

Sorry im not following you. The seven spirits are the Holy Spirit (the 7 horns & 7 eyes) who is God and not created. All angles are created beings. I don't think the angles have anything to do with the 7 spirits.

The 7 angles are the seven stars Jesus holds in his hands
    Which are the Angels to the 7 churches =)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jesuslovesus View Post
    Which are the Angels to the 7 churches =)
    Yep.........................

Thread Information