Thread: Doctrine and Attitude

Doctrine and Attitude

Attached Images Attached Images
    Matt 9:13
    13 "But go and learn what this means: ' I DESIRE COMPASSION,AND NOT SACRIFICE,' for I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners."
    NASU

Blog Entries

Re: Doctrine and Attitude

Demons, for example. If they can do it, so can we.

In essentials, unity; in non-essentials, liberty; in all things, charity. - Rupertus Meldenius

Read your Bible and pray every single day. - Pastor Jon Courson

If your grace ain't greasier than a bucket full of chitlin's and gravy, you might be a legalist - an internet friend.

Or as I like to say it, you can be right in your head and wrong in your heart. Conversely, you can be right in your heart and wrong in your head with some of your doctrine. Better to be both, but the latter is better than the former because the former will land you in hell.

Yea... A friend of mine use to say "I prefer being around people that know the God of the bible instead of just knowing the bible of God."
    Matt 9:13
    13 "But go and learn what this means: ' I DESIRE COMPASSION,AND NOT SACRIFICE,' for I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners."
    NASU

So true, and I would encourage everyone to listen to Leonard Ravenhill sermons (find and stream/download them). I love that guy and have learned much from him, praise Jesus! Leonard was a great example of someone who could preach the (hard/harsh) truth in love, opposed to being correct in doctrine but just brow-beating people with the word, etc.
    So Send I You By Grace Made Strong

It's about truly knowing God and not just knowing "about" God. The devil knows all about God, but has no intimate relationship with God. John 17:3 - And this is eternal life, that they know you the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom you have sent, which is an intimate, experiential knowledge, found only in a relationship. The term "know" implies intimate, experiential knowledge, through a relationship with Him, not merely theoretical knowledge.
    Galatians 6:14 - But God forbid that I should boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world.

Thread Information