Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Favorite quotes by Godly people

Re: Favorite quotes by Godly people

Will I be judged in order to get into heaven by my righteousness or by the righteousness of Christ? If I had to trust in my righteousness to get into heaven, I would completely and utterly despair of any possibility of ever being redeemed. But when we see that the righteousness that is ours by faith is the perfect righteousness of Christ, then we see how glorious is the good news of the gospel. The good news is simply this, I can be reconciled to God, I can be justified by God not on the basis of what I did, but on the basis of what’s been accomplished for me by*Christ.----Dr. R.C. Sproul
    1 Peter 1:3-5

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His abundant mercy has begotten us again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, to an inheritance incorruptible and undefiled and that does not fade away, reserved in heaven for you, who are kept by the power of God through faith for salvation ready to be revealed in the last time. (NKJV)

Matthew 5
    16 Let your light shine before men in such a way that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven.

Matthew 7
    12 However you want people to treat you, so treat them, for this is the Law and the Prophets.

1 Corinthians 13
    1 If I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but do not have love, I have become a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal.

1 Peter 3
    15 Sanctify Christ as Lord in your hearts, always being ready to make a defense to everyone who asks you to give an account for the hope that is in you, yet with gentleness and reverence.

Here's another quote about Christian living by Elisabeth Elliot:

Do you often feel like parched ground, unable to produce anything worthwhile? I do. When I am in need of refreshment, it isn't easy to think of the needs of others. But I have found that if, instead of praying for my own comfort and satisfaction, I ask the Lord to enable me to give to others, an amazing thing often happens - I find my own needs wonderfully met. Refreshment comes in ways I would never have thought of, both for others, and then, incidentally, for myself.
    Matthew 5
    16 Let your light shine before men in such a way that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven.

Matthew 7
    12 However you want people to treat you, so treat them, for this is the Law and the Prophets.

1 Corinthians 13
    1 If I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but do not have love, I have become a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal.

1 Peter 3
    15 Sanctify Christ as Lord in your hearts, always being ready to make a defense to everyone who asks you to give an account for the hope that is in you, yet with gentleness and reverence.

Matthew 5

Matthew 7

1 Corinthians 13

1 Peter 3

Matthew 5

Matthew 7

1 Corinthians 13

1 Peter 3

Matthew 5

Matthew 7

1 Corinthians 13

1 Peter 3

Matthew 5

Matthew 7

1 Corinthians 13

1 Peter 3

Matthew 5

Matthew 7

1 Corinthians 13

1 Peter 3

Matthew 5

Matthew 7

1 Corinthians 13

1 Peter 3

Matthew 5

Matthew 7

1 Corinthians 13

1 Peter 3

Matthew 5

Matthew 7

1 Corinthians 13

1 Peter 3

Matthew 5

Matthew 7

1 Corinthians 13

1 Peter 3

Matthew 5

Matthew 7

1 Corinthians 13

1 Peter 3

Last edited by Deuteronomy Skaggs; Nov 18th 2017 at 03:31 AM.
    Matthew 5

Matthew 7

1 Corinthians 13

1 Peter 3

Galatians 6:14 - But God forbid that I should boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world.

Thread Information