Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 242526272829303132333435

Thread: Can Salvation be lost?

Re: Can Salvation be lost?

This is such a difficult subject! How do we know when the *knowledge* of salvation becomes the *reality* of salvation? It has to be a matter of the human heart in relationship with God. I should think a person knows when this happens? Some undoubtedly *assume* it has happened when it really has not. Hence, the difficulty...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by randyk View Post
    This is such a difficult subject! How do we know when the *knowledge* of salvation becomes the *reality* of salvation? It has to be a matter of the human heart in relationship with God. I should think a person knows when this happens? Some undoubtedly *assume* it has happened when it really has not. Hence, the difficulty...
    I guess your question is no different from asking whether it is possible for a believer to know if he is *saved* or not? If this indeed, is what you alluded, then I would say that a believer who doesn't know he is saved is probably not in Christ. But you're right, a genuine believer should know.

That said, the question about whether salvation gained, can be lost is of a general nature. Those who believe that it can be lost, argue fact that those who do, in most cases, remain in denial and are deluded that they're still in right standing with God. Worthy of consideration too, is the concept of backsliding. Some hold that a Christian who backslides is not saved in the first place - I don't agree with this view.

Quote Originally Posted by randyk View Post
    I guess your question is no different from asking whether it is possible for a believer to know if he is *saved* or not? If this indeed, is what you alluded, then I would say that a believer who doesn't know he is saved is probably not in Christ. But you're right, a genuine believer should know.

That said, the question about whether salvation gained, can be lost is of a general nature. Those who believe that it can be lost, argue fact that those who do, in most cases, remain in denial and are deluded that they're still in right standing with God. Worthy of consideration too, is the concept of backsliding. Some hold that a Christian who backslides is not saved in the first place - I don't agree with this view.

Yuma, AZ where chocolate melts in the fridge

The answer is "No." Why does it take 35 pages to say that? You folks really really need to read your bibles and learn what you claim to believe.

Read a chapter of Proverbs every day. Proverbs has 31 chapters so you can keep your place by just looking at a calendar. There is no religion or nothing in Proverbs and you don't have to believe anything. Just read to find wisdom. When you are comfortable with that, then read the bible from Romans to 2 Thessalonians over and over until you start to remember what it says. That is the part that applies to Christians.

The answer is "No." Why does it take 35 pages to say that? You folks really really need to read your bibles and learn what you claim to believe.

Read a chapter of Proverbs every day. Proverbs has 31 chapters so you can keep your place by just looking at a calendar. There is no religion or nothing in Proverbs and you don't have to believe anything. Just read to find wisdom. When you are comfortable with that, then read the bible from Romans to 2 Thessalonians over and over until you start to remember what it says. That is the part that applies to Christians.

Thread Information