Thread: Health Colds ?

Health Colds ?

I am living with my son and daughter in law and there 8 children.....
    And this time of the year starts the colds!

All ready 3 of the children have a cold, and more getting the start.

Cant understand how they get them? Since they eat fruit and vegetables like other children
    eat candy. Even more so.
    Well, I take my vitamins and I take C extra , but nothing seems to help.........

Any ideas at all please ! Thanks' I don't have the cold yet , but sure its on its way ! !
    Eph. 2:8
    For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
    9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Blog Entries

Re: Health Colds ?

Quote Originally Posted by grams View Post
    I am living with my son and daughter in law and there 8 children.....
    And this time of the year starts the colds!

All ready 3 of the children have a cold, and more getting the start.

Cant understand how they get them? Since they eat fruit and vegetables like other children
    eat candy. Even more so.
    Well, I take my vitamins and I take C extra , but nothing seems to help.........

Any ideas at all please ! Thanks' I don't have the cold yet , but sure its on its way ! !
    Cold germs are always present and the human body is constantly fighting them. We experience the symptoms of a cold when the cold virus is winning the fight, which takes place when our immunity is lowered for some reason. Many things can cause a lowered immunity: not enough sleep, too much stress, too many sweets or sugars and not enough fluids. To reduce your chances of getting a cold, make sure to get plenty of rest and sleep. Drink plenty of water. Reduce your stress level, and reduce the amount of sugar intake. What is good for the children is good for the adults.

Many people take vitamin supplements but forget to take mineral supplements also. Minerals are important and often forgotten.

Blog Entries

I do not skip taking my probotic supplement ! http://articles.mercola.com/sites/ar...ne-system.aspx

OK! that helps me..............

But I do not understand how the grand children get the colds ?? They eat so good......... they walk around eating carrots, celery, all sorts of vegetables and loads f fruit.

How is it possible they get the colds and bring them home ? I would even think people seeing how they eat would feel like I did........ they love the good foods......

like other children eat junk !!!!!! and so much they should be over weight , not thin as they are......... ?
    For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Blog Entries

But I do not understand how the grand children get the colds ?? They eat so good......... they walk around eating carrots, celery, all sorts of vegetables and loads f fruit.

How is it possible they get the colds and bring them home ? I would even think people seeing how they eat would feel like I did........ they love the good foods......

like other children eat junk !!!!!! and so much they should be over weight , not thin as they are......... ?
    Diet is only one aspect of health. Children are subjected to stress just like adults, especially on the first days of the school year when everything is new, different, strange, and harder. They also are accustomed to later bed times in the summer, and not rising early. When school starts, they are required to get up earlier and probably stay up too late.

Also, it's important that children learn to wash their hands often and to avoid putting their fingers in their mouths, rubbing their eyes, or picking their noses.

Public school is concentrated with children, most of whom have not learned these bits of wisdom concerning hygiene. So exposure to the cold virus is increased.

Blog Entries

Years ago my wife subbed for the school custodian at a middle school for a few months . During every one of the classes she would go around and sanitize the all door knobs and water fountains . The principal said class absences were down 93% from the year before ! The regular custodian was not doing their job right . More tips .... http://www.moneycrashers.com/prevent...-germs-school/

Blog Entries

Wear a disposable surgical mask and keep hands washed after touching anything.
    If getting a cold would be a serious detriment to your health...it is a cheap and maybe somewhat clumsy inexpensive way to cut the risks down from air-born virus.
    Peace to you!

It is because of Him that you are in Christ Jesus, who has become for us wisdom from God—that is, our righteousness, holiness and redemption.

1 Corinthians 1:30

I forgot to mention the children are home schooled, so only when they go to play foot ball [other sports] are they with other children.

I guess when their is shopping done, we bring things home with germs ?

Blog Entries

I forgot to mention the children are home schooled, so only when they go to play foot ball [other sports] are they with other children.

I guess when their is shopping done, we bring things home with germs ?
    Possibly. But we can't avoid germs. Our best approach is to increase our immunity.

Hi Grams, I struggled for years with a colds that seemed to last from late fall until early spring, until my wife's best friend gave me a bottle of a liquid extract called Echinacea. Apparently this extract, whose name comes from the flower it's extracted from, enhances the body's immune system. Since then my colds have been far less frequent, and if I do end up getting one, they are milder and last for a much shorter duration.

You can take a daily regiment as a preventative, or you can begin to take it the moment you sense the symptoms of a cold coming on. If you take it daily, you can only do so for 6-8 weeks at a time before you need to take a 2 week break from taking it or it builds up in you system and no longer seems to work/stops enhancing your immune system (I'm not sure why?). Of course, if you've taken if faithfully for 6-8 weeks, it continues to enhance your immune system after you stop taking it for 1-2 weeks. Just read the instructions carefully and follow those.

I used to buy it at my local health store, but found it at a place called Puritan's Pride online for less than 1/2 the price.

Also, be sure to wash your hands often (our use hand sanitizer and lightly rinse it off after 20 seconds each time), and be sure not to touch your nose w/o a Kleenex or rub your eyes unless you've just washed or sanitized. These things should help, but if you have one of your grandchildren on your lap and they sneeze on you (and you know it's gonna happen) then all bets are probably off. If you get a cold, like I said above, the Echinacea should make it easier to deal with (it always seems to for me anyway) as long as the cold doesn't get too bad before you begin to use it.

Oh, and if you can move air in your house all day long, with a floor fan or a kitchen fan, you'll be absolutely surprised how much that helps in a house that is normally bottled up tight during the winter. It shouldn't blow on anyone and doesn't need to be on anything but the lowest setting, just lightly circulating the air does the trick.

~Deut
    Matthew 5
    16 Let your light shine before men in such a way that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven.

Matthew 7
    12 However you want people to treat you, so treat them, for this is the Law and the Prophets.

1 Corinthians 13
    1 If I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but do not have love, I have become a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal.

1 Peter 3
    15 Sanctify Christ as Lord in your hearts, always being ready to make a defense to everyone who asks you to give an account for the hope that is in you, yet with gentleness and reverence.

Thank you , that sounds good......

Blog Entries

Try eating organic foods and purchase only single ingredient foods. A carrot (for example) laden with chemicals our bodys can’t identify may be in the long run worse than a Jolly Rancher.

And it is important everyone wash their hands, and also fresh air circulation in the home. While most of us can fight off small amounts of exposure, a large dose of virus exposure can overwhelm an immune system.
    Those who seek God with all their heart will find Him and be given sight. Those who seek their own agenda will remain blind.

Thanks.......... I know they spray the vegetables,,,,,,,, but with a large family I cant always pay for organic...........

Thread Information