Thread: The Gate Guard said - God Bless

In a place of praying hard and trusting God while battling on my knees!
    Blog Entries

The Gate Guard said - God Bless

While driving to work this morning, I was praying out loud. Crying out actually. Upon ending the prayer the thought that God did not hear the prayer fleshed in my mind. I know what is of God and what is not of God so I ignored the thought. So many prayers over the years, answered and journaled for record.

But the mind is flesh and can spin out of control especially during times where a person is crying out to God. So, silently this time... I ask God for assurance.

In time, I pull onto post and at the gate, my ID card is checked and I am let onto post. Instead of the standard "Army" phrase the Gate Guards always say once the ID has been check... the Soldier said, God Bless you! I said God bless you in return.

In all my years working on this post since I retired from the Army, NOT ONCE has a Gate Guard said, God bless you to me.

Thank you Lord for the ASSURANCE that you heard!
    Slug1--out

~Titus 2:11 For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men,~

~Honestly, the pain of persecution lets you KNOW you are still alive... IN Christ!~

~Colossians 1:28 Him we preach, warning every man and teaching every man in all wisdom, that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus.~

~"In the turmoil of any chaos, all it takes is that whisper that is heard like thunder over all the noise and the chaos seems to go away, focus returns and we are comforted in knowing that God has listened to our cry for help."~

Re: The Gate Guard said - God Bless

Yep ..

It's nice to know He works in this way.

Some people might "write that off" as nothing.

You inspired me to do one.
    Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.Matt 5:6

I have set you an example that you should do as I have done for you. John 13:15

Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.
    And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.
    Matt 25:46

For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith,
    and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.
    1 Tim 6:10

The beautiful farm in the center of heaven!
    Blog Entries

Nice! I'm so glad you shared that. Too often I am guilty of shrugging off those sunbtle signs. This helps me to be more confident in those communications from our Lord.
    Was this recent?
    Don't seek too much knowledge. You just may be putting more weight on your shoulders than you're able to bare. Let God be the one to decide how quickly you grow.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Saved7 View Post
    Nice! I'm so glad you shared that. Too often I am guilty of shrugging off those sunbtle signs. This helps me to be more confident in those communications from our Lord.
    Was this recent?
    Day I posted the OP... 20 Sep 2017
    Slug1--out

~Titus 2:11 For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men,~

~Honestly, the pain of persecution lets you KNOW you are still alive... IN Christ!~

~Colossians 1:28 Him we preach, warning every man and teaching every man in all wisdom, that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus.~

~"In the turmoil of any chaos, all it takes is that whisper that is heard like thunder over all the noise and the chaos seems to go away, focus returns and we are comforted in knowing that God has listened to our cry for help."~

Blog Entries

Ok wow. I figured it might have been while you were still active as a soldier. Whatever that's called. So wow...ok that really makes it clear to me that was God speaking.
    Oh how I wish I had a computer at home so I could share my recent testimony of what God is doing. It's just so long I hate to use my phone.
    Don't seek too much knowledge. You just may be putting more weight on your shoulders than you're able to bare. Let God be the one to decide how quickly you grow.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Saved7 View Post
    Ok wow. I figured it might have been while you were still active as a soldier. Whatever that's called. So wow...ok that really makes it clear to me that was God speaking.
    Oh how I wish I had a computer at home so I could share my recent testimony of what God is doing. It's just so long I hate to use my phone.
    Hooah, last year is 10 years after I retired from active service.

Believe me, I'm patient... if you post a new testimony thread, let me know!
    Slug1--out

Blog Entries

Will do..............

Thread Information