"Your name and renown
    is the desire of our hearts."
    (Isaiah 26:8)

Blog Entries

Re: Alabama senate seat goes to a Democrat

Quote Originally Posted by Fenris View Post
    Roy Moore lost his bid for election.

So what does it mean?

Was Moore a deeply flawed candidate who couldn't even win in the deep south?

Or is a Democrat tide brewing, that could flip the House and Senate to the Democrats in 2018?

Discuss!
    I think his campaign was flawed . Moore would not debate Jones , big mistake I think . Moore has run for office before but he was not ready for the all the date nights coming back from many years ago . The local MSM was relentless in their attack on Moore , I noticed very few Moore ads but tons of Jones ads . I think if Moore would have got out in front on the dategate this race could of a been a horse of another color . The democrats will make much hay of this GOP defeat .

There's something to this, here-

Can Only Trump Survive Trump?

So far, Republicans haven’t been able to adapt to the President’s style of politics.
    By Rich Lowry — December 15, 2017

The past two months of electoral losses for the Trump GOP feel very familiar.

Newly elected president Barack Obama’s party lost off-year gubernatorial elections in Virginia and New Jersey and suffered a stunning upset in a Senate race it had no business losing, in Massachusetts. Trump’s party lost off-year gubernatorial elections in Virginia and New Jersey and suffered a stunning upset in a Senate race it had no business losing, in Alabama.

We don’t know if Trump will experience a midterm shellacking on par with Obama’s in 2010, or, getting more speculative, go on to win reelection anyway. But every indication is that Obama and Trump are similar in that their modes of operating work much better for them than their parties.

Both pioneered a different way of doing presidential politics, and built a new coalition for victory. But no one could replicate Obama’s model, and so far, no one has shown any signs of successfully adapting to, let alone copying, Trump’s.

Other Democrats didn’t have Obama’s personal magnetism, or ability to present garden-variety liberal positions as a middle way born of excruciating thoughtfulness. They weren’t bonded to the base, and capable of turning it out in record numbers. They weren’t running elections nationwide where the so-called coalition of the ascendant could truly make its electoral presence felt.

As a result, the only Democrat left standing after the Obama years was Obama himself. Trump could be creating a similar dynamic.

His behavior is designed to make the other side fear and hate him as much as possible. The president finds this entertaining, and it has the added advantage of convincing his voters that, whatever his other flaws, Trump has “the right enemies.”

The problem is that all the people stirred up into a lather of anti-Trump loathing might want to do something with all their pent-up energy — like vote. With Trump nowhere near a ballot for the next three years, the only alternative is to take it out on the nearest person with an “R” next to his name.

Ed Gillespie ran away from Trump and lost in Virginia. Roy Moore ran toward Trump (with a lot of excess baggage) and lost in Alabama. One was a wonky establishment Republican careful to sand away any hard edges in his political persona; the other was an obstreperous and ignorant insurgent Republican who prided himself on his outrageousness. It didn’t matter.

They both were defeated the same way, holding their own Republican voters, but getting overwhelmed by a tide of millennials, suburbanites, and minorities motivated by their abiding animus toward Trump.

The backlash that conventional wisdom thought Trump would create among these voters in 2016, to his own detriment, is coming about in 2017, to the detriment of his fellow Republicans. They can’t rely on the circumstances or the personal qualities that helped Trump get over the top last year.

They don’t have the luxury of losing the popular vote and still winning elections. They don’t have the advantage of running against a historically bad candidate in Hillary Clinton. They don’t have Trump’s star power, brazen self-confidence, knack for diminishing opponents, innate sense for culture war politics, and dominance of and understanding of the media.

This gets to the idiocy of Steve Bannon’s project to try to run Trump-like insurgents everywhere. Bannon is trying to recapture the magic of 2016, without the one indispensable ingredient — Trump himself.

Trump, too, labors under an unrealistic view of the meaning of 2016. Just because he won the presidency when he had an approval rating in the 30s, it doesn’t mean it’s a good idea to stay in the 30s. In the Alabama exit polls, Trump’s approval rating was 48 percent; if it had been 51 percent, it might have been enough for Moore to win.

With the right opponent and the right conditions in 2020, Trump may be able to win reelection — after his party gets decimated underneath him. We’ve seen this movie before.
    "For a small moment have I forsaken you, and with great mercy will I gather you.With a little wrath did I hide My countenance for a moment from you, and with everlasting kindness will I have compassion on you," said your Redeemer, the Lord."..."For the mountains shall depart and the hills totter, but My kindness shall not depart from you, neither shall the covenant of My peace totter," says the Lord, Who has compassion on you.

Isaiah 54

Blog Entries

Moore lost because he ran a horrible campaign that couldn’t overcome the allegations made against him - along with the millions of dollars Dems outside of Bama poured into running an anti-Moore campaign.

But the article is quite correct, only Trump is Trump and any trying to act like him will be seen as a a phony or worse.
    Conservatives can only win when they run on policy and stay on message. Conservatives WILL win if they stay on message and run on policy while pointing out that the only message Dems have is an anti-Trump smear campaign.

Much as it has happily surprised me Trump has gotten a lot of his agenda pushed through and rallied Republicans to do get it done.
    All they have to do is say “Look whst’s been done so far. Vote for me if you want more of it. If you want to go backward vote for the other guy.”
    Day by day
    Oh Dear Lord
    Three things I pray
    To see thee more clearly
    Love thee more dearly
    Follow thee more nearly
    Day by day

Quote Originally Posted by BrianW View Post
    Conservatives can only win when they run on policy and stay on message. Conservatives WILL win if they stay on message and run on policy while pointing out that the only message Dems have is an anti-Trump smear campaign.
    Lemme give you a great big AMEN here, brother! Don't run with Trump or against Trump. Just run on the conservative message.
    "For a small moment have I forsaken you, and with great mercy will I gather you.With a little wrath did I hide My countenance for a moment from you, and with everlasting kindness will I have compassion on you," said your Redeemer, the Lord."..."For the mountains shall depart and the hills totter, but My kindness shall not depart from you, neither shall the covenant of My peace totter," says the Lord, Who has compassion on you.

Isaiah 54

Quote Originally Posted by hawkman View Post
    I think his campaign was flawed . Moore would not debate Jones , big mistake I think . Moore has run for office before but he was not ready for the all the date nights coming back from many years ago . The local MSM was relentless in their attack on Moore , I noticed very few Moore ads but tons of Jones ads . I think if Moore would have got out in front on the dategate this race could of a been a horse of another color . The democrats will make much hay of this GOP defeat .
    And I see that you're in Alabama. Thanks for the report from the front lines!

Isaiah 54

Lemme give you a great big AMEN here, brother! Don't run with Trump or against Trump. Just run on the conservative message.
    I'd agree with this too.
    Do not say, “Why were the old days better than these?” For it is not wise to ask such questions.
    Ecc 7:10

John777 exists to me only in quoted form.

To start, I observe the system but I do not participate.

The reason is because I found out that the Beast of revelation is a political economical power. It will control most of the world.

So far, the democratic system has not only be copied by several nations but also IMPOSED in several other nations. The economic system also sucks the goods of poor countries and boycotts the ones who want to be out of the system.

With this base, my opinion about what happened with Mr. Moore is just an abuse of propaganda.

Look at yourself. Lets say when you were 12 years old you stole money from your mother's purse. You were caught later and the case was closed with a punishment like grounded for a day.

You run for politician and a person who knows your parents denounced that you are a burglar. She says that you stole money. You defend yourself, saying that you are not a burglar.

But, the propaganda against you puts you down and out of the political racing.

The point is that she, the woman who accused you and also you, were both telling the truth.

You WERE a burglar at one moment in your life, but now you are not.

Is this bad record in your life a reason for you to be out of a political position?

I don't think so. You are now a different person, and you should be judged by others, the voters, for whom you are today, not by whom you were in the past.

__________________________________________________ ___

Lets use the bible.

Saul was a Christian killer. He uses his authority as a pharisee to condemn arbitrarily others and send them to death.

Suddenly, after a change in his life when the Christ talk to him, he wasn't a killer anymore.

At the beginning others didn't trust him much, almost everybody knew who "he was".

But, when he showed them later "whom he is now", the concept about him changed.

__________________________________________________ __

Mr. Moore lost the elections because people judged about his past.

Wrong decision.

As a Republican myself, this is a worrisome fact: The latest Marist poll gives Democrats a 13-point margin when voters are asked whether they would prefer to vote for a Democrat or a Republican next year. This suggests there could be a Democrat wave in 2018. It's still 11 months away so a lot could happen.
    I would call that good news. Pollsters routinely over-sample Democrats. They begin with the premise that America is 45% Democrats, 30% Republican. They make up a bogus poll to back up this phony baseline. Then they can over-sample Dems according to these numbers. Check the poll data if it has been released. I guarantee the ratio is similar the 45%Dem/30%Rep baseline.

Roy Moore lost his bid for election.

So what does it mean?

Was Moore a deeply flawed candidate who couldn't even win in the deep south?

Or is a Democrat tide brewing, that could flip the House and Senate to the Democrats in 2018?

Discuss!
    Moore was a bad candidate. Alabama should have listened to Trump in the primary.

The biggest problem with this election is that it emboldens Dems to keep wasting our time with nonsense instead of governing. It shows that if they get serious and go after a race with everything they have they can win. 2018 will be full of messes I believe. Republicans seem to be too stupid to ride Trump's coat tails. Trump has way more influence than people think.

In the end, the economy will have 10x the impact on 2018 than this AL race.

Blog Entries

And I see that you're in Alabama. Thanks for the report from the front lines!
    You are welcome !

My wife had actually watched Roy Moore work in the court house when he was a judge back many years ago . My wife had a month of jury duty and she had nothing but good things to say about Moore . It was wall to wall Jones ads on local TV , glad it's over just not the result .

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tony P View Post
    Moore was a bad candidate. Alabama should have listened to Trump in the primary.

The biggest problem with this election is that it emboldens Dems to keep wasting our time with nonsense instead of governing. It shows that if they get serious and go after a race with everything they have they can win. 2018 will be full of messes I believe. Republicans seem to be too stupid to ride Trump's coat tails. Trump has way more influence than people think.

In the end, the economy will have 10x the impact on 2018 than this AL race.
    Well I think the Dems would have been on a Luther Strange rampage if he had of been the GOP man . Link of bad things going on https://legalschnauzer.blogspot.com/...rminghams.html

Blog Entries

Exclamation Democrat Russian Bots ! ? !

The Roy Moore story continues .....

https://dailycaller.com/2019/01/07/a...lag-democrats/

Thread Information