Thread: Can the Coming of the Lord to MT. Saina teach us anything about the Second Coming?

Can the Coming of the Lord to MT. Saina teach us anything about the Second Coming?

Here is the Account of the Meeting between the Lord and the people of Israel at Mount Sinai.

Exodus 19 On the third new moon after the people of Israel had gone out of the land of Egypt, on that day they came into the wilderness of Sinai. 2 They set out from Rephidim and came into the wilderness of Sinai, and they encamped in the wilderness. There Israel encamped before the mountain, 3 while Moses went up to God. The LORD called to him out of the mountain, saying, “Thus you shall say to the house of Jacob, and tell the people of Israel: 4 ‘You yourselves have seen what I did to the Egyptians, and how I bore you on eagles’ wings and brought you to myself. 5 Now therefore, if you will indeed obey my voice and keep my covenant, you shall be my treasured possession among all peoples, for all the earth is mine; 6 and you shall be to me a kingdom of priests and a holy nation.’ These are the words that you shall speak to the people of Israel.”

7 So Moses came and called the elders of the people and set before them all these words that the LORD had commanded him. 8 All the people answered together and said, “All that the LORD has spoken we will do.” And Moses reported the words of the people to the LORD. 9And the LORD said to Moses, “Behold, I am coming to you in a thick cloud, that the people may hear when I speak with you, and may also believe you forever.”

When Moses told the words of the people to the LORD, 10the LORD said to Moses, “Go to the people and consecrate them today and tomorrow, and let them wash their garments 11and be ready for the third day. For on the third day the LORD will come down on Mount Sinai in the sight of all the people. 12And you shall set limits for the people all around, saying, ‘Take care not to go up into the mountain or touch the edge of it. Whoever touches the mountain shall be put to death. 13No hand shall touch him, but he shall be stoned or shot;a whether beast or man, he shall not live.’ When the trumpet sounds a long blast, they shall come up to the mountain.” 14 So Moses went down from the mountain to the people and consecrated the people; and they washed their garments. 15And he said to the people, “Be ready for the third day; do not go near a woman.”

16 On the morning of the third day there were thunders and lightnings and a thick cloud on the mountain and a very loud trumpet blast, so that all the people in the camp trembled. 17 Then Moses brought the people out of the camp to meet God, and they took their stand at the foot of the mountain. 18 Now Mount Sinai was wrapped in smoke because the LORD had descended on it in fire. The smoke of it went up like the smoke of a kiln, and the whole mountain trembled greatly. 19 And as the sound of the trumpet grew louder and louder, Moses spoke, and God answered him in thunder. 20 The LORD came down on Mount Sinai, to the top of the mountain. And the LORD called Moses to the top of the mountain, and Moses went up.

21 And the LORD said to Moses, “Go down and warn the people, lest they break through to the LORD to look and many of them perish. 22 Also let the priests who come near to the LORD consecrate themselves, lest the LORD break out against them.” 23 And Moses said to the LORD, “The people cannot come up to Mount Sinai, for you yourself warned us, saying, ‘Set limits around the mountain and consecrate it.’” 24And the LORD said to him, “Go down, and come up bringing Aaron with you. But do not let the priests and the people break through to come up to the LORD, lest he break out against them.” 25 So Moses went down to the people and told them.

Exodus 20:18 Now when all the people saw the thunder and the flashes of lightning and the sound of the trumpet and the mountain smoking, the people were afraidd and trembled, and they stood far off 19 and said to Moses, “You speak to us, and we will listen; but do not let God speak to us, lest we die.” 20Moses said to the people, “Do not fear, for God has come to test you, that the fear of him may be before you, that you may not sin.” 21The people stood far off, while Moses drew near to the thick darkness where God was. 22 And the LORD said to Moses, “Thus you shall say to the people of Israel: ‘You have seen for yourselves that I have talked with you from heaven. 23 You shall not make gods of silver to be with me, nor shall you make for yourselves gods of gold. 24 An altar of earth you shall make for me and sacrifice on it your burnt offerings and your peace offerings, your sheep and your oxen. In every place where I cause my name to be remembered I will come to you and bless you. 25 If you make me an altar of stone, you shall not build it of hewn stones, for if you wield your tool on it you profane it. 26 And you shall not go up by steps to my altar, that your nakedness be not exposed on it.’

IN the book of Hebrews we find a comparison between Israel and the Church.

Hebrews 12:18 For ye are not come unto the mount that might be touched, and that burned with fire, nor unto blackness, and darkness, and tempest, 19 And the sound of a trumpet, and the voice of words; which voice they that heard intreated that the word should not be spoken to them any more: 20 (For they could not endure that which was commanded, And if so much as a beast touch the mountain, it shall be stoned, or thrust through with a dart: 21 And so terrible was the sight, that Moses said, I exceedingly fear and quake 22 But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels,
    23 To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect, 24 And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel.

Do you believe the coming of the Lord in these passages can teach us anything about the future Second Coming?

Re: Can the Coming of the Lord to MT. Saina teach us anything about the Second Coming

Quote Originally Posted by Jesuslovesus View Post
    Here is the Account of the Meeting between the Lord and the people of Israel at Mount Sinai.

Exodus 19 On the third new moon after the people of Israel had gone out of the land of Egypt, on that day they came into the wilderness of Sinai. 2 They set out from Rephidim and came into the wilderness of Sinai, and they encamped in the wilderness. There Israel encamped before the mountain, 3 while Moses went up to God. The LORD called to him out of the mountain, saying, “Thus you shall say to the house of Jacob, and tell the people of Israel: 4 ‘You yourselves have seen what I did to the Egyptians, and how I bore you on eagles’ wings and brought you to myself. 5 Now therefore, if you will indeed obey my voice and keep my covenant, you shall be my treasured possession among all peoples, for all the earth is mine; 6 and you shall be to me a kingdom of priests and a holy nation.’ These are the words that you shall speak to the people of Israel.”

7 So Moses came and called the elders of the people and set before them all these words that the LORD had commanded him. 8 All the people answered together and said, “All that the LORD has spoken we will do.” And Moses reported the words of the people to the LORD. 9And the LORD said to Moses, “Behold, I am coming to you in a thick cloud, that the people may hear when I speak with you, and may also believe you forever.”

When Moses told the words of the people to the LORD, 10the LORD said to Moses, “Go to the people and consecrate them today and tomorrow, and let them wash their garments 11and be ready for the third day. For on the third day the LORD will come down on Mount Sinai in the sight of all the people. 12And you shall set limits for the people all around, saying, ‘Take care not to go up into the mountain or touch the edge of it. Whoever touches the mountain shall be put to death. 13No hand shall touch him, but he shall be stoned or shot;a whether beast or man, he shall not live.’ When the trumpet sounds a long blast, they shall come up to the mountain.” 14 So Moses went down from the mountain to the people and consecrated the people; and they washed their garments. 15And he said to the people, “Be ready for the third day; do not go near a woman.”

16 On the morning of the third day there were thunders and lightnings and a thick cloud on the mountain and a very loud trumpet blast, so that all the people in the camp trembled. 17 Then Moses brought the people out of the camp to meet God, and they took their stand at the foot of the mountain. 18 Now Mount Sinai was wrapped in smoke because the LORD had descended on it in fire. The smoke of it went up like the smoke of a kiln, and the whole mountain trembled greatly. 19 And as the sound of the trumpet grew louder and louder, Moses spoke, and God answered him in thunder. 20 The LORD came down on Mount Sinai, to the top of the mountain. And the LORD called Moses to the top of the mountain, and Moses went up.

21 And the LORD said to Moses, “Go down and warn the people, lest they break through to the LORD to look and many of them perish. 22 Also let the priests who come near to the LORD consecrate themselves, lest the LORD break out against them.” 23 And Moses said to the LORD, “The people cannot come up to Mount Sinai, for you yourself warned us, saying, ‘Set limits around the mountain and consecrate it.’” 24And the LORD said to him, “Go down, and come up bringing Aaron with you. But do not let the priests and the people break through to come up to the LORD, lest he break out against them.” 25 So Moses went down to the people and told them.

Exodus 20:18 Now when all the people saw the thunder and the flashes of lightning and the sound of the trumpet and the mountain smoking, the people were afraidd and trembled, and they stood far off 19 and said to Moses, “You speak to us, and we will listen; but do not let God speak to us, lest we die.” 20Moses said to the people, “Do not fear, for God has come to test you, that the fear of him may be before you, that you may not sin.” 21The people stood far off, while Moses drew near to the thick darkness where God was. 22 And the LORD said to Moses, “Thus you shall say to the people of Israel: ‘You have seen for yourselves that I have talked with you from heaven. 23 You shall not make gods of silver to be with me, nor shall you make for yourselves gods of gold. 24 An altar of earth you shall make for me and sacrifice on it your burnt offerings and your peace offerings, your sheep and your oxen. In every place where I cause my name to be remembered I will come to you and bless you. 25 If you make me an altar of stone, you shall not build it of hewn stones, for if you wield your tool on it you profane it. 26 And you shall not go up by steps to my altar, that your nakedness be not exposed on it.’

Hebrews 12:18 For ye are not come unto the mount that might be touched, and that burned with fire, nor unto blackness, and darkness, and tempest, 19 And the sound of a trumpet, and the voice of words; which voice they that heard intreated that the word should not be spoken to them any more: 20 (For they could not endure that which was commanded, And if so much as a beast touch the mountain, it shall be stoned, or thrust through with a dart: 21 And so terrible was the sight, that Moses said, I exceedingly fear and quake 22 But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels,
    23 To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect, 24 And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel.

Do you believe the coming of the Lord in these passages can teach us anything about the future Second Coming?
    I find it a fascinating read, and I like these kinds of comparisons. But let me 1st set the stage for how I read the basic lesson here. This is Israel, a mixed crowd of believers and unbelievers. So considering that there were unbelievers in the crowd, not fully repentant and still unclean with paganism, the crowd as a whole was prohibited from touching the holy mountain. That's because those contaminated with undealt with sin would have to die.

The Church, however, is different. It is a congregation that is supposed to consist strictly of believers who have repented. Certainly there are those who backslide or are ingenuine. But the point is, the Church is able to, like Moses, go up on the holy mountain.

So here is a stark contrast. One group is held back due to the mixed nature of the crowd. And other group is not held back, despite the mixed nature of the crowd. We have come to the place where we do not have to be held back by phonies and compromisers. We can go up on the holy mountain.

That is, I believe, the essence of what the writer of Hebrews is saying. We are in the NT era and are covered by the blood of Jesus so that we are in no danger of dying when we meet God. That way, we can be assured that when Christ returns, we will not be destroyed. We will not suffer God's wrath.

So this is the story line. The saints in the OT had the same opportunity to meet with God. But they were held back, in respect to the assurance of eternal life.

By contrast, the saints in the NT are not held back in their meeting with God, and have both the assurance of eternal life and the ability to meet Christ at his Coming. That is, in a sense, "going up to God's holy mountain." It is ascending to him in the air, so that we obtain new glorified bodies that cannot be touched with death.

Blog Entries

Re: Can the Coming of the Lord to MT. Saina teach us anything about the Second Coming

I believe that Heaven will bow down to earth is a similar manner at the time of the Second coming, but I need to take a closer look at this... I believe that these same clouds and lightning will be in the atmosphere of our earth at the coming of Christ.

Absolutely. You did well to connect Exodus 19,20 with the passage from he Heb 12. But you left ank important part off.

*[[Heb 12:26]] KJV* Whose voice then shook the earth: but now he hath promised, saying, Yet once more I shake not the earth only, but also heaven.

*[[Heb 12:27]] KJV* And this word, Yet once more, signifieth the removing of those things that are shaken, as of things that are made, that those things which cannot be shaken may remain.

*[[Heb 12:28]] KJV* Wherefore we receiving a kingdom which cannot be moved, let us have grace, whereby we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear:

The writer of Hebrews refers back to Exodus to make the point that one day, God's voice will once and only once more speak that will shake both the earth and the heavens. ONCE MORE! that will remove those things ( made) that can be shaken, so that those things that can't be shaken, God's kingdom, might remain. This event, the shaking of the heavens and the earth, might bring to the forefront i.e., establish, the kingdom of God!

There are several OT passages that talk about this betty thing:
    *[[Isa 2:19]] KJV* And they shall go into the holes of the rocks, and into the caves of the earth, for fear of the LORD, and for the glory of his majesty, when he ariseth to shake terribly the earth.

*[[Isa 13:13]] KJV* Therefore I will shake the heavens, and the earth shall remove out of her place, in the wrath of the LORD of hosts, and in the day of his fierce anger.

*[[Joe 3:16]] KJV* The LORD also shall roar out of Zion, and utter his voice from Jerusalem; and the heavens and the earth shall shake: but the LORD will be the hope of his people, and the strength of the children of Israel.

*[[Hag 2:6]] KJV* For thus saith the LORD of hosts; Yet once, it is a little while, and I will shake the heavens, and the earth, and the sea, and the dry land;
    *[[Hag 2:7]] KJV* And I will shake all nations, and the desire of all nations shall come: and I will fill this house with glory, saith the LORD of hosts.

*[[Hag 2:21]] KJV* Speak to Zerubbabel, governor of Judah, saying, I will shake the heavens and the earth;
    *[[Hag 2:22]] KJV* And I will overthrow the throne of kingdoms, and I will destroy the strength of the kingdoms of the heathen; and I will overthrow the chariots, and those that ride in them; and the horses and their riders shall come down, every one by the sword of his brother.

*[[Joe 2:10]] KJV* The earth shall quake before them; the heavens shall tremble: the sun and the moon shall be dark, and the stars shall withdraw their shining:
    *[[Joe 2:11]] KJV* And the LORD shall utter his voice before his army: for his camp is very great: for he is strong that executeth his word: for the day of the LORD is great and very terrible; and who can abide it?

And they ALL point to this:

*[[Rev 6:12]] KJV* And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;
    *[[Rev 6:13]] KJV* And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.
    *[[Rev 6:14]] KJV* And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.
    *[[Rev 6:15]] KJV* And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains;
    *[[Rev 6:16]] KJV* And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:
    *[[Rev 6:17]] KJV* For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?

And then they all point back to this:
    [I'll have to admit that i didn't see this connecting point]

*[[Jer 16:16]] KJV* Behold, I will send for many fishers, saith the LORD, and they shall fish them; and after will I send for many hunters, and they shall hunt them from every mountain, and from every hill, and out of the holes of the rocks.

*[[Jer 16:17]] KJV* For mine eyes are upon all their ways: they are not hid from my face, neither is their iniquity hid from mine eyes.

*[[Jer 16:18]] KJV* And first I will recompense their iniquity and their sin double; because they have defiled my land, they have filled mine inheritance with the carcases of their detestable and abominable things.

We all know the scripture about Jesus turning the apostles into "fishers of men", but it will be at this time that the LORD will send out the hunters. To hubby them from the rocks and clefts and in the holes of the mountains. When God speaks, such that it shakes the heavens and the earth, they will know, as in the children of the Lord, those saved and the elect alike, will know that it is the day of the Lord wrath. But there is something in those scriptures from Exodus 19,20 that jumped out at me when i read it Exo. 20:20.

*[[Exo 20:20]] KJV* And Moses said unto the people, Fear not: for God is come to prove you, and that his fear may be before your faces, that ye sin not.

..."that his fear may be before your faces, THAT YOU SIN NOT! "

Putting this together, we see that it will be the GREAT of the Lord, that will cause them not to sin......
    ANYMORE!

*[[Isa 2:19]] KJV* And they shall go into the holes of the rocks, and into the caves of the earth, for fear of the LORD, and for the glory of his majesty, when he ariseth to shake terribly the earth.
    *[[Isa 2:20]] KJV* In that day a man shall cast his idols of silver, and his idols of gold, which they made each one for himself to worship, to the moles and to the bats;
    *[[Isa 2:21]] KJV* To go into the clefts of the rocks, and into the tops of the ragged rocks, for fear of the LORD, and for the glory of his majesty, when he ariseth to shake terribly the earth.

Those children that remain, whether it be the descendents of Jacob, or the church survivors, will be saved.

*[[Joe 2:32]] KJV* And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the LORD shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the LORD hath said, and in the remnant whom the LORD shall call.

*[[Rom 10:13]] KJV* For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Blessings to all who keeps the saying and the prophecy of his book!
    GB

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    Absolutely. You did well to connect Exodus 19,20 with the passage from he Heb 12. But you left ank important part off.

*[[Heb 12:26]] KJV* Whose voice then shook the earth: but now he hath promised, saying, Yet once more I shake not the earth only, but also heaven.

*[[Heb 12:27]] KJV* And this word, Yet once more, signifieth the removing of those things that are shaken, as of things that are made, that those things which cannot be shaken may remain.

*[[Heb 12:28]] KJV* Wherefore we receiving a kingdom which cannot be moved, let us have grace, whereby we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear:

The writer of Hebrews refers back to Exodus to make the point that one day, God's voice will once and only once more speak that will shake both the earth and the heavens. ONCE MORE! that will remove those things ( made) that can be shaken, so that those things that can't be shaken, God's kingdom, might remain. This event, the shaking of the heavens and the earth, might bring to the forefront i.e., establish, the kingdom of God!
    Your right i did leave off the end Part. Mainly because of this Reference : Hebrews 12:29 For our God is a consuming fire.

If you notices i bolded his coming in Chat 19 mainly because of how he came to the mountain: Now Mount Sinai was wrapped in smoke because the LORD had descended on it in fire.

This Fire Element seems to play a Key role. Personally this reminds me of what is said in Zech 2:4 And behold, the angel who talked with me came forward, and another angel came forward to meet him 4 and said to him, “Run, say to that young man, ‘Jerusalem shall be inhabited as villages without walls, because of the multitude of people and livestock in it. 5 And I will be to her a wall of fire all around, declares the Lord, and I will be the glory in her midst.’” Also of 2 Thes 1:8 In flaming fire, inflicting vengeance on those who do not know God and on those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus. Also Isaiah 34:1-8

Adding to This: I also do connect the Shaking of the Heavens and the Earth with the start of the Kingdom of God as I believe is shown in Rev 12:9-12.

There are several OT passages that talk about this betty thing:
    *[[Isa 13:13]] KJV* Therefore I will shake the heavens, and the earth shall remove out of her place, in the wrath of the LORD of hosts, and in the day of his fierce anger.

*[[Joe 3:16]] KJV* The LORD also shall roar out of Zion, and utter his voice from Jerusalem; and the heavens and the earth shall shake: but the LORD will be the hope of his people, and the strength of the children of Israel.

*[[Hag 2:6]] KJV* For thus saith the LORD of hosts; Yet once, it is a little while, and I will shake the heavens, and the earth, and the sea, and the dry land;
    *[[Hag 2:7]] KJV* And I will shake all nations, and the desire of all nations shall come: and I will fill this house with glory, saith the LORD of hosts.

*[[Hag 2:21]] KJV* Speak to Zerubbabel, governor of Judah, saying, I will shake the heavens and the earth;
    *[[Hag 2:22]] KJV* And I will overthrow the throne of kingdoms, and I will destroy the strength of the kingdoms of the heathen; and I will overthrow the chariots, and those that ride in them; and the horses and their riders shall come down, every one by the sword of his brother.

*[[Joe 2:10]] KJV* The earth shall quake before them; the heavens shall tremble: the sun and the moon shall be dark, and the stars shall withdraw their shining:
    *[[Joe 2:11]] KJV* And the LORD shall utter his voice before his army: for his camp is very great: for he is strong that executeth his word: for the day of the LORD is great and very terrible; and who can abide it?

And they ALL point to this:

*[[Rev 6:12]] KJV* And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;
    *[[Rev 6:13]] KJV* And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.
    *[[Rev 6:14]] KJV* And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.
    *[[Rev 6:15]] KJV* And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains;
    *[[Rev 6:16]] KJV* And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:
    *[[Rev 6:17]] KJV* For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?
    I agree on them All connecting to Rev 6 which i also connect to Rev 12 (personally i don't think that the stars Fall multiple times). But if we add in Rev 7 which i know you agree takes place before the 7th seal is also opened in Rev 8:1 we also have a similar order of the People washing their robes before Appearing before the Lord.

And then they all point back to this:
    [I'll have to admit that i didn't see this connecting point] *[[Jer 16:16]] KJV* Behold, I will send for many fishers, saith the LORD, and they shall fish them; and after will I send for many hunters, and they shall hunt them from every mountain, and from every hill, and out of the holes of the rocks.

*[[Jer 16:17]] KJV* For mine eyes are upon all their ways: they are not hid from my face, neither is their iniquity hid from mine eyes.

*[[Jer 16:18]] KJV* And first I will recompense their iniquity and their sin double; because they have defiled my land, they have filled mine inheritance with the carcases of their detestable and abominable things.

We all know the scripture about Jesus turning the apostles into "fishers of men", but it will be at this time that the LORD will send out the hunters. To hubby them from the rocks and clefts and in the holes of the mountains.
    *[[Isa 2:20]] KJV* In that day a man shall cast his idols of silver, and his idols of gold, which they made each one for himself to worship, to the moles and to the bats;
    *[[Isa 2:21]] KJV* To go into the clefts of the rocks, and into the tops of the ragged rocks, for fear of the LORD, and for the glory of his majesty, when he ariseth to shake terribly the earth.

Those children that remain, whether it be the descendents of Jacob, or the church survivors, will be saved.

*[[Joe 2:32]] KJV* And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the LORD shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the LORD hath said, and in the remnant whom the LORD shall call.

*[[Rom 10:13]] KJV* For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

When God speaks, such that it shakes the heavens and the earth, they will know, as in the children of the Lord, those saved and the elect alike, will know that it is the day of the Lord wrath. But there is something in those scriptures from Exodus 19,20 that jumped out at me when i read it Exo. 20:20.

*[[Exo 20:20]] KJV* And Moses said unto the people, Fear not: for God is come to prove you, and that his fear may be before your faces, that ye sin not.

..."that his fear may be before your faces, THAT YOU SIN NOT! "

Putting this together, we see that it will be the GREAT of the Lord, that will cause them not to sin......
    ANYMORE!
    First i like this little nugget in the Exodus Passage: 3: The LORD called to him out of the mountain, saying, “Thus you shall say to the house of Jacob, and tell the people of Israel: 4 ‘You yourselves have seen what I did to the Egyptians, and how I bore you on eagles’ wings and brought you to myself.

First we have the refernce to the Eagle wings which we find in Rev 12:14 But the woman was given the two wings of the great eagle so that she might fly from the serpent into the wilderness, to the place where she is to be nourished for a time, and times, and half a time.

Could the Angel wings Refer then to how they where brought out of Egypt? Namely Exodus 13:21 And the LORD went before them by day in a pillar of cloud to lead them along the way, and by night in a pillar of fire to give them light, that they might travel by day and by night. 22The pillar of cloud by day and the pillar of fire by night did not depart from before the people.(Excuse this little Tangent)

I guess a better response to your connections would be Ezkiel 36:23, Or Isaiah 24 or 34. I think Ezekiel 36 is interesting because like Exodus it gives the Reason for "why" the Lord is Appearing.

In Exodus we get this “Behold, I am coming to you in a thick cloud, that the people may hear when I speak with you, and may also believe you forever.”

In Isaiah 40:5 we Get this

And the glory of the LORD shall be revealed, and all flesh shall see it together: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it.

Ezekiel 36:23 gives us the Reason

“Therefore say to the house of Israel, Thus says the Lord God: It is not for your sake, O house of Israel, that I am about to act, but for the sake of my holy name, which you have profaned among the nations to which you came. 23 And I will vindicate the holiness of my great name, which has been profaned among the nations, and which you have profaned among them. And the nations will know that I am the Lord, declares the Lord God, when through you I vindicate my holiness before their eyes. 24 I will take you from the nations and gather you from all the countries and bring you into your own land. 25 I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you shall be clean from all your uncleannesses, and from all your idols I will cleanse you. 26 And I will give you a new heart, and a new spirit I will put within you. And I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh. 27 And I will put my Spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes and be careful to obey my rules.[a] 28 You shall dwell in the land that I gave to your fathers, and you shall be my people, and I will be your God. 29 And I will deliver you from all your uncleannesses.

Also notice how he States here he will come “Behold, I am coming to you in a thick cloud".

TO me this kinda sounds like Matthew 24:30 They will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. Also it sounds like Rev 14:14 Then I looked, and behold, a white cloud, and on the cloud sat One like the Son of Man, having on His head a golden crown, and in His hand a sharp sickle.

I do thank you for your passages, I hope you don't feel like i ignored them, i believe they were great and gave me alot more connections and things to think about when considering this passage.

Your right i did leave off the end Part. Mainly because of this Reference : Hebrews 12:29 For our God is a consuming fire.

If you notices i bolded his coming in Chat 19 mainly because of how he came to the mountain: Now Mount Sinai was wrapped in smoke because the LORD had descended on it in fire.

This Fire Element seems to play a Key role. Personally this reminds me of what is said in Zech 2:4 And behold, the angel who talked with me came forward, and another angel came forward to meet him 4 and said to him, “Run, say to that young man, ‘Jerusalem shall be inhabited as villages without walls, because of the multitude of people and livestock in it. 5 And I will be to her a wall of fire all around, declares the Lord, and I will be the glory in her midst.’” Also of 2 Thes 1:8 In flaming fire, inflicting vengeance on those who do not know God and on those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus. Also Isaiah 34:1-8

Adding to This: I also do connect the Shaking of the Heavens and the Earth with the start of the Kingdom of God as I believe is shown in Rev 12:9-12.

I agree on them All connecting to Rev 6 which i also connect to Rev 12 (personally i don't think that the stars Fall multiple times). But if we add in Rev 7 which i know you agree takes place before the 7th seal is also opened in Rev 8:1 we also have a similar order of the People washing their robes before Appearing before the Lord.

First i like this little nugget in the Exodus Passage: 3: The LORD called to him out of the mountain, saying, “Thus you shall say to the house of Jacob, and tell the people of Israel: 4 ‘You yourselves have seen what I did to the Egyptians, and how I bore you on eagles’ wings and brought you to myself.

First we have the refernce to the Eagle wings which we find in Rev 12:14 But the woman was given the two wings of the great eagle so that she might fly from the serpent into the wilderness, to the place where she is to be nourished for a time, and times, and half a time.

Could the Angel wings Refer then to how they where brought out of Egypt? Namely Exodus 13:21 And the LORD went before them by day in a pillar of cloud to lead them along the way, and by night in a pillar of fire to give them light, that they might travel by day and by night. 22The pillar of cloud by day and the pillar of fire by night did not depart from before the people.(Excuse this little Tangent)

I guess a better response to your connections would be Ezkiel 36:23, Or Isaiah 24 or 34. I think Ezekiel 36 is interesting because like Exodus it gives the Reason for "why" the Lord is Appearing.

In Exodus we get this “Behold, I am coming to you in a thick cloud, that the people may hear when I speak with you, and may also believe you forever.”

In Isaiah 40:5 we Get this

And the glory of the LORD shall be revealed, and all flesh shall see it together: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it.

Ezekiel 36:23 gives us the Reason

“Therefore say to the house of Israel, Thus says the Lord God: It is not for your sake, O house of Israel, that I am about to act, but for the sake of my holy name, which you have profaned among the nations to which you came. 23 And I will vindicate the holiness of my great name, which has been profaned among the nations, and which you have profaned among them. And the nations will know that I am the Lord, declares the Lord God, when through you I vindicate my holiness before their eyes. 24 I will take you from the nations and gather you from all the countries and bring you into your own land. 25 I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you shall be clean from all your uncleannesses, and from all your idols I will cleanse you. 26 And I will give you a new heart, and a new spirit I will put within you. And I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh. 27 And I will put my Spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes and be careful to obey my rules.[a] 28 You shall dwell in the land that I gave to your fathers, and you shall be my people, and I will be your God. 29 And I will deliver you from all your uncleannesses.

Also notice how he States here he will come “Behold, I am coming to you in a thick cloud".

TO me this kinda sounds like Matthew 24:30 They will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. Also it sounds like Rev 14:14 Then I looked, and behold, a white cloud, and on the cloud sat One like the Son of Man, having on His head a golden crown, and in His hand a sharp sickle.

I do thank you for your passages, I hope you don't feel like i ignored them, i believe they were great and gave me alot more connections and things to think about when considering this passage.
    Thank you for your response. And thank you for the nugget about "coming to you in a thick cloud" I think you are spot on about Matt 24:30 and Rev 14. The read in Eze. 36 is a very good passage. Few people really get it when it comes to putting Israel at the center of the endtimes, especially the epitome of all prophecies, The Revelation! Let me take you to a parallel passage that you can overlay Eze. 36 (& 37 & 38 & 39). But stay focused for a minute with Eze 36 and Eze 20.

*[[Eze 20:34ff]] KJV* And I will bring you out from the people, and will gather you out of the countries wherein ye are scattered, with a mighty hand, and with a stretched out arm, and with fury poured out.*35 And I will bring you into the wilderness of the people, and there will I plead with you face to face.*36 Like as I pleaded with your fathers in the wilderness of the land of Egypt, so will I plead with you, saith the Lord GOD.*37 And I will cause you to pass under the rod, and I will bring you into the bond of the covenant:*38 And I will purge out from among you the rebels, and them that transgress against me: I will bring them forth out of the country where they sojourn, and they shall not enter into the land of Israel: and ye shall know that I am the LORD.*40 For in mine holy mountain, in the mountain of the height of Israel, saith the Lord GOD, there shall all the house of Israel, all of them in the land, serve me: there will I accept them, and there will I require your offerings, and the firstfruits of your oblations, with all your holy things.*41 I will accept you with your sweet savour, when I bring you out from the people, and gather you out of the countries wherein ye have been scattered; and I will be sanctified in you before the heathen.*42 And ye shall know that I am the LORD, when I shall bring you into the land of Israel, into the country for the which I lifted up mine hand to give it to your fathers.*43 And there shall ye remember your ways, and all your doings, wherein ye have been defiled; and ye shall lothe yourselves in your own sight for all your evils that ye have committed. *44 And ye shall know that I am the LORD, when I have wrought with you for my name's sake, not according to your wicked ways, nor according to your corrupt doings, O ye house of Israel, saith the Lord GOD.

If you start overlaying chapter 36 with what is written here, we can see an amplification of God's cutie plans for Israel. Let me give you the outline.
    1. God deals with Israel "according to THEIR ways/ sins.
    2. God scatters them into all nations (not the wilderness, I will explain that in a minute)
    3. The fear of the Lord (Rev. 6:16-17) purges them from their sins (Isa 2;13)
    4. The gathering begins

*[[Eze 39:25]] KJV* Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD; Now will I bring again the captivity of Jacob, and have mercy upon the whole house of Israel, and will be jealous for my holy name;
    *[[Eze 39:26]] KJV* AFTER that they have borne their shame, and all their trespasses whereby they have trespassed against me, when they dwelt safely in their land, and none made them afraid.
    5. Brought TO the wilderness to meet with them face to face (Eze 20:35).
    6. God deals with Israel, NOT ACCORDING TO THEIR WAYS, BUT ACCORDING TO HIS GREAT NAMES SAKE...according to his love for them!

*[[Eze 20:44]] KJV* And ye shall know that I am the LORD, when I have wrought with you for my name's sake, NOT ACCORDING TO YOUR WICKED WAYS, NOR ACCORDING TO YOUR CORRUPT DOINGS , O ye house of Israel, saith the Lord GOD.

AFTER God deals with them according to THEIR WAYS, he will then deal with them according to his holy names sake.
    6. Israel purged from all iniquity.
    7. Israel brought to the holy mountain in their land, IN the land of Israel.
    8. Israel loathes and repents of all of her sins and God pours his spirit upon them. They are redeemed!

If necessary, re-read all of Eze 20 and 36-39.

Now let me explain why #5 is not higher up on the list. I must confess, i didn't see this until recently. Missing something in plain sight for More than 25 years. As I know you are very familiar with the scriptures and know that Rev 12 is directly referenced with Isa 66. The point that i missed is the identity of the woman. I have believed in error, far too many years. Look at there in verse 8. There he plainly declares that the woman is Zion, aka Jerusalem! Look at the next several verses at how God will use Jerusalem to show them his favor and his love toward them. This is when God will become that wall of fire to her. To Jerusalem. He, God, will not allow anything unclean, or unholy, to come near her again. If you grasp this, it is like stepping up to a higher plane. The plane of God's ways, which are so much higher than ours. I could spend lots of words about this, but i will let this settle in your spirit first.
    Blessings to all who keeps thesaying and the prophecy of his book!
    GB

Blog Entries

Interesting connections.

Blog Entries

I am appalled by the confusion that I see exhibited in discussions like this one. Misspellings and poor grammar doesn't help either!

Is it so hard to see that the world is very close to the Day when the Lord will send correction, as He did in the days of Noah?
    God promised to never again flood the world, but we are plainly told that the next time His Judgement/ punishment will be by fire. 2 Peter 3:7 and over 70 other prophesies.

Despite people arguing about the first Five Seals, Revelation 6:1-11, it is a perfectly provable historical fact that they were opened when Jesus Ascended to heaven; circa 33AD We HAVE experienced all the wars, famines, plagues, etc and the martyrs are still being murdered, their souls continuing to pile up under the heavenly Altar.
    Therefore the Sixth Seal is the next prophesied event we can expect.

This world wide disaster, by fire, earthquakes, storms and tsunamis, will be caused by a massive explosion of the suns surface; a Coronal Mass ejection of unprecedented magnitude, Isaiah 30:26a Over 100 other prophesies vividly describe this terrible Day of the Lord's vengeance and wrath:
    1/ What the Lord will use.
    2/ what will trigger it.
    3/ who will be most affected.
    4/ how long it will last
    5/ what happens afterward.
    6/ What it is not - is the Return of Jesus. That happens years later.

We who study Bible prophecy should know all about it and be prepared spiritually and physically.

Quote Originally Posted by Keraz View Post
    I am appalled by the confusion that I see exhibited in discussions like this one. Misspellings and poor grammar doesn't help either!

Is it so hard to see that the world is very close to the Day when the Lord will send correction, as He did in the days of Noah?
    God promised to never again flood the world, but we are plainly told that the next time His Judgement/ punishment will be by fire. 2 Peter 3:7 and over 70 other prophesies.

Despite people arguing about the first Five Seals, Revelation 6:1-11, it is a perfectly provable historical fact that they were opened when Jesus Ascended to heaven; circa 33AD We HAVE experienced all the wars, famines, plagues, etc and the martyrs are still being murdered, their souls continuing to pile up under the heavenly Altar.
    Therefore the Sixth Seal is the next prophesied event we can expect.

This world wide disaster, by fire, earthquakes, storms and tsunamis, will be caused by a massive explosion of the suns surface; a Coronal Mass ejection of unprecedented magnitude, Isaiah 30:26a Over 100 other prophesies vividly describe this terrible Day of the Lord's vengeance and wrath:
    1/ What the Lord will use.
    2/ what will trigger it.
    3/ who will be most affected.
    4/ how long it will last
    5/ what happens afterward.

We who study Bible prophecy should know all about it and be prepared spiritually and physically.
    Not sure of the Relevance this has to the topic but thanks anyway maybe the people who haven't seen you post this same message on every thread since you started your account will find it here =).

6/ What it is not - is the Return of Jesus. That happens years later.
    Exactly your message has nothing to do with the return of Jesus.

Blog Entries

That you and all who reject my message about what God has planned for our future, doesn't concern me. My task is to present it to all I can and like Ezekiel 33:1-6, I will be in the clear but those who fail to heed the warning may be disadvantaged.

My post #8, is about what must happen before the coming of Jesus. Many people wrongly confuse the Sixth Seal with the Return.

Yes. Most do not realize that Jesus will descend to call Israel only to Himself immediately after the rapture.

Luke 21:25 “And there will be signs in the sun, in the moon, and in the stars; and on the earth distress of nations, with perplexity, the sea and the waves roaring; 26 men’s hearts failing them from fear and the expectation of those things which are coming on the earth, for the powers of the heavens will be shaken. 27 Then they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. 28 Now when these things begin to happen, look up and lift up your heads, because your redemption draws near.”

When these begin to happen lift up YOUR heads because YOUR redemption draws near. Then THEY will see the Son of Man coming in glory. The only way for this to be so is immediately after the rapture. The redeemed met the Lord in the air and then THEY see Him coming in glory. This is the event Jesus prophesied about here:

Matthew 15:24 But He answered and said, “I was not sent except to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.”

Notice all the severe event that take place immediately before they see the Son of Man coming in glory. Abject fear, just like Mount Sinai. This is what Jesus will say to them:

Psalm 81:3 Blow the trumpet at the time of the New Moon, At the full moon, on our solemn feast day. 4 For this is a statute for Israel, A law of the God of Jacob.
    5 This He established in Joseph as a testimony, When He went throughout the land of Egypt, Where I heard a language I did not understand.
    6 “I removed his shoulder from the burden; His hands were freed from the baskets.
    7 You called in trouble, and I delivered you [Psalm 83 war which immediately precedes the second coming]; I answered you in the secret place of thunder; I tested you at the waters of Meribah. Selah
    8 “Hear, O My people, and I will admonish you! O Israel, if you will listen to Me!
    9 There shall be no foreign god among you; Nor shall you worship any foreign god.
    10 I am the Lord your God, Who brought you out of the land of Egypt; Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it.
    11 “But My people would not heed My voice, And Israel would have none of Me.
    12 So I gave them over to their own stubborn heart, To walk in their own counsels.
    13 “Oh, that My people would listen to Me, That Israel would walk in My ways!
    14 I would soon subdue their enemies, And turn My hand against their adversaries.
    15 The haters of the Lord would pretend submission to Him, But their fate would endure forever.
    16 He would have fed them also with the finest of wheat; And with honey from the rock I would have satisfied you.”

Half the virgins will heed the call and come to Him. Thus they will mourn for the one they pierced. 1/6th will start to go out to meet Him and will turn back and be made pillars of salt. 1/3rd will left in the land to be tried by fire. Zech 13:8-9.

Here is the big difference between the second coming and Sinai. At Sinai the people were told NOT to go up the mountain to God or they would die. At the second coming, if they do not go out to Him, they will die. Being in abject fear, this will be a difficult decision for them. Btw, how can a New Moon also be a Full Moon? The sun will not give its light and the moon shall be turned into blood. Thus there can be a full moon at the time of a New Moon by supernatural means only.

That you and all who reject my message about what God has planned for our future, doesn't concern me. My task is to present it to all I can and like Ezekiel 33:1-6, I will be in the clear but those who fail to heed the warning may be disadvantaged.

My post #8, is about what must happen before the coming of Jesus. Many people wrongly confuse the Sixth Seal with the Return.
    I agree with you brother about the 6th Seal not being the Return.

Do you believe the Account in Exodus can offer us any infromation About the Return (not the 6th seal event)??

Blog Entries

Do you believe the Account in Exodus can offer us any infromation About the Return (not the 6th seal event)??
    I carefully re-read Exodus 19:1-14
    It does have lessons for us about how we should be when Jesus does Return. Every eye will see Jesus at His Return, but the prophesies about Him coming in wrath say He will be hidden in cloud. Psalms 18:11, Habakkuk 3:4, Revelation 6:12

Thread Information