Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Ye shall know that i am the Lord" in the book of Ezekiel

"Ye shall know that i am the Lord" in the book of Ezekiel

I found something very fascinating in the book of Ezekiel that should help to understand when Ezekiel spoke futuristically about the nation of Israel. I have found 64 instances of the phrase "ye shall know that i am the Lord" in the book of Ezekiel. No way will i think to cover them all, but there are some important guiding principles to be garnered from them.

There are 3 primary usages of this phrase found there with important ramifications for understanding endtime prophecies. The principle meaning in all three cases is a personal revelation of who God is, in a nationalistic way, not simply a one on one kind of way that is of utmost importance in an individual's salvation experience. After all, one day Jesus will say (to many individuals, probably in a collective kind of way,) "depart from me, ye workers of iniquity, I NEVER KNEW YOU".

#1. "ye shall know that I am the Lord " is used to the children of Israel, when they were to suffer affliction, at the hands of the Babylonians.

Eze. 6 makes it clear that Israel would understand that "I am the Lord" as a direct result of the attack by the Babylonians. They would understand, at least some of them would, that this was a judgment by God, to turn their hearts back to him.

*[[Eze 6:6]] KJV* In all your dwellingplaces the cities shall be laid waste, and the high places shall be desolate; that your altars may be laid waste and made desolate, and your idols may be broken and cease, and your images may be cut down, and your works may be abolished.
    *[[Eze 6:7]] KJV* And the slain shall fall in the midst of you, and ye shall know that I am the LORD....

*[[Eze 6:10]] KJV* And they shall know that I am the LORD, and that I have not said in vain that I would do this evil unto them....

*[[Eze 6:13]] KJV* Then shall ye know that I am the LORD, when their slain men shall be among their idols round about their altars, upon every high hill, in all the tops of the mountains, and under every green tree, and under every thick oak, the place where they did offer sweet savour to all their idols.

There are other instances of this direct corollation. Reading it, you can understand that they, the children of Israel would get the message.

2. [I am saving the most important one for last]. There are numerous usages of this phrase "ye shall know that I am the Lord" found in chapters 26-35. But the kicker is that this is directed at Gentile, rather, heathen nations. More specifically, when God brings judgment upon certain heathen nations, such as, Tyre, Egypt, Zidon, Assyria, Meschech, among others. A common, interwoven thread, is that these are enemies who hated and/ or despised Israel.

3. Lastly we find this phrase "ye shall know that I am the Lord (thy) God" in reference to endtimes Israel. There is many places where we know that this refers to endtime Israel, because the principal result is never to be removed from their land again. But here is the kicker. The one component, actually there are a series of components, that will precede Israel from "knowing the Lord their God ", Being placed BACK into their land first. That's right. They do not come to recognize who God is, who he really is, until AFTER they are returned to their land. It is Ezekiel 20 that lays out the framework of order that leads to them proclaiming and knowing, who God is, i.e., who Jesus is. Briefly,

1. Judges them with fury and wrath, i.e., the time of Jacob's trouble begins.
    2. They are scattered into all the nations of the world. When the children of Israel were scattered by the Babylonians and the Assyrians, scripture says that they blasphemed God's name by saying "the people of the Lord"

*[[Eze 36:20]] KJV* And when they entered unto the heathen, whither they went, they profaned my holy name, when they said to them, These are the people of the LORD, and are gone forth out of his land.
    *[[Eze 36:21]] KJV* But I had pity for mine holy name, which the house of Israel had profaned among the heathen, whither they went.

This is the real reason that the gospel of the kingdom must be preached in all the world before the end can come. God will correct the injustice that has been proclaimed about his name. Prior to Israel coming to "know that i am the Lord" the heathen (see #2 above) will "know that i am the Lord".
    3. The children will be brought TO THE WILDERNESS. Just as Mt. Sinai is "in the wilderness of Egypt", and not in the promised land, so shall this gathering in the wilderness, NOT BE IN THE PROMISED LAND.
    4. God will meet with them face to face.
    5. The rebels will be purged from the congregation, before being allowed to enter into the promised land.
    6. They will be allowed to enter into the promised land.
    7. The will loathe/ grieve for all of their past sins. THEY REPENT.
    8. God pours his spirit upon them. (AFTER retiring to the promised land). THEN,
    9. "They shall know that i am the Lord"!

What is the overarching reason why the heathen "know that I am the Lord" before Israel does?

*[[Eze 34:27]] KJV* And the tree of the field shall yield her fruit, and the earth shall yield her increase, and they shall be safe in their land, and shall know that I am the LORD, when I have broken the bands of their yoke, and delivered them out of the hand of those that served themselves of them.

Israel's redemption is predicated on deliverance from her enemies. What is the biggest tool of Satan? FEAR! Those heathen nations that Ezekiel says will "know that I am the Lord" before the children of Israel does, are those nations that struck fear in her eyes. They doubted the Lord in his ability to protect them and to deliver their enemies into their hands. I hope you will look at things from Ezekiel's perspective. Faith & fear!
    Blessings to all who keeps the saying and the prophecy of his book!
    GB
    Last edited by goldenboy; Jan 5th 2018 at 03:03 PM. Reason: Spelling mistakes and added scripture from Ezekiel 6.

Re: "Ye shall know that i am the Lord" in the book of Ezekiel

There is no question that Ezekiel is prophesying about the time of the end. No question. Most of what he writes is about the time period after the 490 day siege of Jerusalem, the day of Jesus' visitation on Kislev 4. All this begins 40 years after the rapture however.

Blog Entries

What is also 'no question', is the truth that the Israel these prophesies refer to is not the Israel we know today, but the true Israel of God, His righteous people,
    the Victorious ones, who are people from every race, nation and language. 1 Peter 2:9-10, Revelation 5_9-10

The book of Ezekiel is all about, knowing who God is. The epitome of all things is when israel knows "that I am the Lord". But it will take place at the end of all things. I have and will now do again , state that the children of Israel will be dwelling in the promised land when she finally knows "that I am the Lord".

*[[Eze 20:42]] KJV* And ye shall know that I am the LORD, when I shall bring you into the land of Israel, into the country for the which I lifted up mine hand to give it to your fathers.
    *[[Eze 20:43]] KJV* And there shall ye remember your ways, and all your doings, wherein ye have been defiled; and ye shall lothe yourselves in your own sight for all your evils that ye have committed.

So what is it that happens that this finally takes place. It is found in the next verse.

*[[Eze 20:44]] KJV* And ye shall know that I am the LORD, when I have wrought with you for my name's sake, not according to your wicked ways, nor according to your corrupt doings, O ye house of Israel, saith the Lord GOD.

Look at where it says when. WHEN, i have wrought with you for my names sake. But it doesn't just stop there. When...[and] Not according to your wicked ways, nor according to your corrupt doings. What we find in this passage (chapter 20) is that God will deal with them face to face. What does that mean? They will again be presented with his glory, as he did on Mt. Sinai. There they refused him. This time they will not. There is an important point found in this passage.

*[[Eze 20:19]] KJV* I am the LORD your God; walk in my statutes, and keep my judgments, and do them;
    *[[Eze 20:20]] KJV* And hallow my sabbaths; and they shall be a sign between me and you, that ye may know that I am the LORD your God.
    *[[Eze 20:21]] KJV* Notwithstanding the children rebelled against me: they walked not in my statutes, neither kept my judgments to do them, which if a man do, he shall even live in them; they polluted my sabbaths: then I said, I would pour out my fury upon them, to accomplish my anger against them in the wilderness.

There are 3 standard principals to knowing who God is, and what he is all about.
    1. Walking in his statutes,
    2. Keeping my judgments, and
    3. Hallowing my Sabbaths, including those within the feasts of the Lord.

And of course, we know what happened when they didn't do those things. God poured out his fury and anger upon them. But, thinking on this passage [and many others], is that how they came to "know that i am Lord"? I hope that you can see that the answer is clearly NO. The pouring out of God's fury will cause them to walk uprightly, and is a part of the process of knowing him [statues, judgments, Sabbath] , but it was the face to face encounter that got the job done. Look at how God describes this process. "When i have wrought with then according to my names sake". A revelation of himself. [I hope you can see that i am moving towards Luke 17:30, when the Son of man is revealed. The way that we know God is to know his son.

*[[1Ti 3:16]] KJV* And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

Get ready, get ready!
    The judgment and wrath of God,
    REVEALS WHO MAN IS, a wretched sinner.

*[[Rom 1:18]] KJV* For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;

The grace and love of God,
    REVEALS WHO GOD IS, thru Jesus Christ our Lord.

*[[Rom 1:17]] KJV* For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

The judgment of God reveals who man is.
    Grace and mercy, reveals who God is.
    God reveals who he is thru Jesus.
    It wasn't the judgment and fury that reveals who God is, but what is done afterwards.

*[[Eze 7:9]] KJV* And mine eye shall not spare, neither will I have pity: I will recompense thee according to thy ways and thine abominations that are in the midst of thee; and ye shall know that I am the LORD that smiteth.

Ye shall know that I am the LORD

Knowledge of the Lord is the power of the Lord.

To be made to know the Lord is to experience (usually by revelation) the Lord's power.
    Grace and peace unto you from God the Father and from the Lord Jesus Christ!

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious View Post
    Ye shall know that I am the LORD

Knowledge of the Lord is the power of the Lord.

To be made to know the Lord is to experience (usually by revelation) the Lord's power.
    *[[Phi 3:10]] KJV* That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;
    *[[Phi 3:11]] KJV* If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead.

I am trying to get people to realize that the rapture of the church is the revealing of Christ, the apocalypse. And I'm not talking post-trib rapture.

*[[Joh 5:27]] KJV* And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man.
    *[[2Ti 4:8]] KJV* Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.
    *[[Mat 23:39]] KJV* For I say unto you, Ye shall not see me henceforth, till ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord.
    *[[Mat 16:28]] KJV* Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.
    *[[Luk 21:31]] KJV* So likewise ye, when ye see these things come to pass, know ye that the kingdom of God is nigh at hand.
    *[[Luk 21:27]] KJV* And then shall they see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    *[[Phi 3:10]] KJV* That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;
    *[[Phi 3:11]] KJV* If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead.

I am trying to get people to realize that the rapture of the church is the revealing of Christ, the apocalypse. And I'm not talking post-trib rapture.

*[[Joh 5:27]] KJV* And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man.
    *[[2Ti 4:8]] KJV* Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.
    *[[Mat 23:39]] KJV* For I say unto you, Ye shall not see me henceforth, till ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord.
    *[[Mat 16:28]] KJV* Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.
    *[[Luk 21:31]] KJV* So likewise ye, when ye see these things come to pass, know ye that the kingdom of God is nigh at hand.
    *[[Luk 21:27]] KJV* And then shall they see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory.
    But, you can't convincingly make people realize that. Why? Because the rapture (catching up) of the Church is not the revealing (revelation) of Christ. Things and works of the Christ are revealed from beginning to end in their dispensations before the Church is caught up to become begotten sons in the begotten Son of God.

After the end, and after being caught up, Is when Luke 21:27 happens:

And then shall they see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory.

The "Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory" means the Son of man coming with works and power of the Christ as well as with great glory of God the Son.
    Grace and peace unto you from God the Father and from the Lord Jesus Christ!

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious View Post
    But, you can't convincingly make people realize that. Why? Because the rapture (catching up) of the Church is not the revealing (revelation) of Christ. Things and works of the Christ are revealed from beginning to end in their dispensations before the Church is caught up to become begotten sons in the begotten Son of God.

After the end, and after being caught up, Is when Luke 21:27 happens:

And then shall they see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory.

The "Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory" means the Son of man coming with works and power of the Christ as well as with great glory of God the Son.
    And in the context of this:

We have this:

*[[Luk 21:32]] KJV* Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass away, till all be fulfilled.

In other words, when THEY see him

*[[Rev 1:7]] KJV* Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.
    *[[Mat 24:30]] KJV* And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

THEY will know, IT is there one and only sign that they will believe, that the kingdom of God, is near!
    You might want to go back and read 2 Thess 1:7-10. There it equates his revealing, the apocalypse, with THE DAY that he comes to glorified in the saints and admired in all those that believed. You might try reading 2 Thess 2 where it says that the brightness of his coming, his revelation, must precede the revealing of the man of sin. Until Christ comes with the glory of the Father and the holy angels, the world will continue to walk in the mystery of iniquity, not knowing the glory of the SON.
    GB

And in the context of this:

We have this:

*[[Luk 21:32]] KJV* Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass away, till all be fulfilled.

In other words, when THEY see him

*[[Rev 1:7]] KJV* Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.
    *[[Mat 24:30]] KJV* And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

THEY will know, IT is there one and only sign that they will believe, that the kingdom of God, is near!
    You might want to go back and read 2 Thess 1:7-10. There it equates his revealing, the apocalypse, with THE DAY that he comes to glorified in the saints and admired in all those that believed. You might try reading 2 Thess 2 where it says that the brightness of his coming, his revelation, must precede the revealing of the man of sin. Until Christ comes with the glory of the Father and the holy angels, the world will continue to walk in the mystery of iniquity, not knowing the glory of the SON.
    GB
    *[[Eze 5:5]] KJV* Thus saith the Lord GOD; This is Jerusalem: I have set it in the midst of the nations and countries that are round about her.

Hopefully you will believe Jesus about the sign that he said that he would give to that generation:

*[[Mat 12:39]] KJV* But he answered and said unto them, An evil and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given to it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas:
    *[[Mat 12:40]] KJV* For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.

Yes, Jesus will one day soon spend 3 days and nights in Jerusalem [one of them will constitute this taking place]

*[[Joe 3:16]] KJV* The LORD also shall roar out of Zion, and utter his voice from Jerusalem; and the heavens and the earth shall shake: but the LORD will be the hope of his people, and the strength of the children of Israel.
    *[[Joe 3:17]] KJV* So shall ye know that I am the LORD your God dwelling in Zion, my holy mountain: then shall Jerusalem be holy, and there shall no strangers pass through her any more.

And after having dwelt in Jerusalem for 3 days/ 3 nights, he will leave in a blaze of glory, in clouds of glory:

*[[1Th 4:16]] KJV* For THE LORD HIMSELF SHALL DESCEND FROM HEAVEN WITH A SHOUT, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
    *[[1Th 4:17]] KJV* Then WE which are alive and remain SHALL BE CAUGHT UP together with them IN THE CLOUDS, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
    GB

*I thought everyone might like to see this, or maybe you won't. The brightness of his glory, departs from off of the threshold!

[[Rev 8:2]] KJV* And I saw the seven [trumpet] angels prepared to sound...

Eze 10 KJV Then I looked, and, behold, in the firmament that was above the head of the cherubims there appeared over them as it were a sapphire stone, as the appearance of the likeness of a throne. And he spake unto the man clothed with linen, and said, Go in between the wheels, even under the cherub, and fill thine hand with coals of fire from between the cherubims, and scatter them over the city.

**[[Rev 8:3]] KJV* And another angel came and stood at the altar, having a golden censer; and there was given unto him much incense, that he should offer it with the prayers of all saints upon the golden altar which was before the throne. *[[Rev 8:4]] KJV* And the smoke of the incense, which came with the prayers of the saints, ascended up before God out of the angel's hand.

And he went in in my sight. Now the cherubims stood on the right side of the house, when the man went in; and the cloud filled the inner court. Then the glory of the LORD went up from the cherub, and stood over the threshold of the house; and the house was filled with the cloud, and the court was full of the brightness of the LORD'S glory. And the sound of the cherubims' wings was heard even to the outer court, as the voice of the Almighty God when he speaketh. And it came to pass, that when he had commanded the man clothed with linen, saying, Take fire from between the wheels, from between the cherubims; then he went in, and stood beside the wheels. And one cherub stretched forth his hand from between the cherubims unto the fire that was between the cherubims, and took thereof, and put it into the hands of him that was clothed with linen: who took it, and went out.

**[[Rev 8:5]] KJV* And the angel took the censer, and filled it with fire of the altar, and cast it into the earth: and there were voices, and thunderings, and lightnings, and an earthquake.

And there appeared in the cherubims the form of a man's hand under their wings. And when I looked, behold the four wheels by the cherubims, one wheel by one cherub, and another wheel by another cherub: and the appearance of the wheels was as the colour of a beryl stone. And as for their appearances, they four had one likeness, as if a wheel had been in the midst of a wheel. When they went, they went upon their four sides; they turned not as they went, but to the place whither the head looked they followed it; they turned not as they went. And their whole body, and their backs, and their hands, and their wings, and the wheels, were full of eyes round about, even the wheels that they four had. As for the wheels, it was cried unto them in my hearing, O wheel. And every one had four faces: the first face was the face of a cherub, and the second face was the face of a man, and the third the face of a lion, and the fourth the face of an eagle. And the cherubims were lifted up. This is the living creature that I saw by the river of Chebar. And when the cherubims went, the wheels went by them: and when the cherubims lifted up their wings to mount up from the earth, the same wheels also turned not from beside them. When they stood, these stood; and when they were lifted up, these lifted up themselves also: for the spirit of the living creature was in them. Then the glory of the LORD departed from off the threshold of the house, and stood over the cherubims. And the cherubims lifted up their wings, and mounted up from the earth in my sight: when they went out, the wheels also were beside them,

☆and every one stood at the door of the east gate of the LORD'S house; and the glory of the God of Israel was over them above.
    [These are the people that remained in Jerusalem, standing at the east gate, watching the GLORY OF THE LORD... DEPART!

[I highlighted and added comments here] ☆
    This is the living creature that I saw under the God of Israel by the river of Chebar; and I knew that they were the cherubims. Every one had four faces apiece, and every one four wings; and the likeness of the hands of a man was under their wings. And the likeness of their faces was the same faces which I saw by the river of Chebar, their appearances and themselves: they went every one straight forward.

GB
    Last edited by goldenboy; Jan 27th 2018 at 06:54 PM. Reason: Added a paragraph.

The subtitle of this chapter is "Where does the glory go?
    But the title is "What happens to those that remain?"

Notice that this what happens right after the glory departs.* Notice that the glory of God,* returns to the throne... But only for a little while.

*[[Eze 10:19]] KJV* And the cherubims lifted up their wings, and mounted up from the earth in my sight: when they went out, the wheels also were beside them, and every one stood at the door of the east gate of the LORD'S house; and the glory of the God of Israel was over them above.

God's glory returns to its position over the cherubims, to the throne of God! But what i want you to grasp is what happens to those who are still in the city. This chapter is addressed to them.

Eze 11 KJV Moreover the spirit lifted me up, and brought me unto the east gate of the LORD'S house, which looketh eastward: and behold at the door of the gate five and twenty men; among whom I saw Jaazaniah the son of Azur, and Pelatiah the son of Benaiah, princes of the people. Then said he unto me, Son of man, these are the men that devise mischief, and give wicked counsel in this city: Which say, It is not near; let us build houses: this city is the caldron, and we be the flesh. Therefore prophesy against them, prophesy, O son of man. And the Spirit of the LORD fell upon me, and said unto me, Speak; Thus saith the LORD; Thus have ye said, O house of Israel: for I know the things that come into your mind, every one of them. Ye have multiplied your slain in this city, and ye have filled the streets thereof with the slain. Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD; Your slain whom ye have laid in the midst of it, they are the flesh, and this city is the caldron: but I will bring you forth out of the midst of it.
    *[[Eze 5:2]] KJV* Thou shalt burn with fire a third part in the midst of the city, when the days of the siege are fulfilled: and thou shalt take a third part, and smite about it with a knife: and a third part thou shalt scatter in the wind; and I will draw out a sword after them...

*[[Eze 5:10]] KJV* Therefore the fathers shall eat the sons in the midst of thee, and the sons shall eat their fathers; and I will execute judgments in thee, and the whole remnant of thee will I scatter into all the winds.

THE REMNANT, THE ELECT, SHALL BE SENT IN TO ALL OF THE FOUR WINDS. But the ones that remain...

*[[Eze 5:12]] KJV* A third part of thee shall die with the pestilence, and with famine shall they be consumed in the midst of thee: and a third part shall fall by the sword round about thee; and I will scatter a third part into all the winds, and I will draw out a sword after them.

They shall die by the sword round about Jerusalem. ONE THIRD!

Ye have feared the sword; and I will bring a sword upon you, saith the Lord GOD. And I will bring you out of the midst thereof, and deliver you into the hands of strangers, and will execute judgments among you.

Ye shall fall by the sword; I will judge you in the border of Israel; and ye shall know that I am the LORD.

This city shall not be your caldron, neither shall ye be the flesh in the midst thereof; but I will judge you in the border of Israel: And ye shall know that I am the LORD: for ye have not walked in my statutes, neither executed my judgments, but have done after the manners of the heathen that are round about you.

*[[Rev 9:13]] KJV* And the sixth angel sounded, and I heard a voice from the four horns of the golden altar which is before God
    *[[Rev 9:14]] KJV* Saying to the sixth angel which had the trumpet, Loose the four angels which are bound in the great river Euphrates.
    *[[Rev 9:15]] KJV* And the four angels were loosed, which were prepared for an hour, and a day, and a month, and a year, for to slay the third part of men.

,And it came to pass, when I prophesied, that Pelatiah the son of Benaiah died. Then fell I down upon my face, and cried with a loud voice, and said, Ah Lord GOD! wilt thou make a full end of the remnant of Israel? Again the word of the LORD came unto me, saying, Son of man, thy brethren, even thy brethren, the men of thy kindred, and all the house of Israel wholly, are they unto whom the inhabitants of Jerusalem have said, Get you far from the LORD: unto us is this land given in possession. Therefore say, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Although I have cast them far off among the heathen, and although I have scattered them among the countries, yet will I be to them as a little sanctuary in the countries where they shall come. Therefore say, Thus saith the Lord GOD; I will even gather you from the people, and assemble you out of the countries where ye have been scattered, and I will give you the land of Israel. And they shall come thither, and they shall take away all the detestable things thereof and all the abominations thereof from thence. And I will give them one heart, and I will put a new spirit within you; and I will take the stony heart out of their flesh, and will give them an heart of flesh: That they may walk in my statutes, and keep mine ordinances, and do them: and they shall be my people, and I will be their God. But as for them whose heart walketh after the heart of their detestable things and their abominations, I will recompense their way upon their own heads, saith the Lord GOD. Then did the cherubims lift up their wings, and the wheels beside them; and the glory of the God of Israel was over them above.

*And the glory of the LORD went up from the midst of the city, and stood upon the mountain which is on the east side of the city.

*Afterwards the spirit took me up, and brought me in a vision by the Spirit of God into Chaldea, to them of the captivity. So the vision that I had seen went up from me. Then I spake unto them of the captivity all the things that the LORD had shewed me.
    ....*[[Rev 9:18]] KJV* By these three was the third part of men killed, by the fire, and by the smoke, and by the brimstone, which issued out of their mouths....

FIRE AND BRIMSTONE!

*[[Luk 17:29]] KJV* But the same day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them all.
    *[[Rev 9:20]] KJV* And the rest of the men which were not killed by these plagues yet repented not of the works of their hands, that they should not worship devils, and idols of gold, and silver, and brass, and stone, and of wood: which neither can see, nor hear, nor walk:
    GB

Looks like you did the same study I did? Yours is a little more comprehensive though, and draw more conclusions. I don't know how much we agree on our eschatology, but as far as I can tell, you make some solid points. Without trying to interpret what you specifically believe, let me just let you know what I believe, based on your comments.

I agree that the whole world is being told, "And you shall know that I am the Lord." And Israel is told that, as well, in a somewhat different way. Israel is told that they will come to know about their history in the light of what they should've known as a people of God, formerly under the Law.

The world will come to recognize the pattern of history as they are judged for all the evil they've done. They will know that they are getting justice done to them. Justice is also being done to Israel, and Israel will also know by their history that what was done to them was what they deserved.

But with Israel there is hope for them because they were chosen to be the people of God. Many of them will be cast off as illegitimate. But there must be those who respond in repentance, when judgment comes against them, and they realize they have not lived up to their calling.

The big thing I would add here is that the OT prophecies have to do with Israel largely. At that time the people of God had not yet come to include the nations. And so, much that we are given appears to single Israel out as the *only* people of God on earth.

I don't think we should apply that same picture in the NT era, when the people of God has come to include many nations, along with Israel. Today, we would apply this truth about "coming to know that He is Lord" to many peoples who have been called to be the people of God, and yet, like Israel, have fallen short. They will all come to know that He is Lord through judgments against their countries. And some will, like Israel, come back to God in repentance, recognizing that they have done wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by randyk View Post
    Looks like you did the same study I did? Yours is a little more comprehensive though, and draw more conclusions. I don't know how much we agree on our eschatology, but as far as I can tell, you make some solid points. Without trying to interpret what you specifically believe, let me just let you know what I believe, based on your comments.

I agree that the whole world is being told, "And you shall know that I am the Lord." And Israel is told that, as well, in a somewhat different way. Israel is told that they will come to know about their history in the light of what they should've known as a people of God, formerly under the Law.

The world will come to recognize the pattern of history as they are judged for all the evil they've done. They will know that they are getting justice done to them. Justice is also being done to Israel, and Israel will also know by their history that what was done to them was what they deserved.

But with Israel there is hope for them because they were chosen to be the people of God. Many of them will be cast off as illegitimate. But there must be those who respond in repentance, when judgment comes against them, and they realize they have not lived up to their calling.

The big thing I would add here is that the OT prophecies have to do with Israel largely. At that time the people of God had not yet come to include the nations. And so, much that we are given appears to single Israel out as the *only* people of God on earth.

I don't think we should apply that same picture in the NT era, when the people of God has come to include many nations, along with Israel. Today, we would apply this truth about "coming to know that He is Lord" to many peoples who have been called to be the people of God, and yet, like Israel, have fallen short. They will all come to know that He is Lord through judgments against their countries. And some will, like Israel, come back to God in repentance, recognizing that they have done wrong.
    I can sum things up with two statements.
    1. The judgments of God, wrath and fury, reveal who man is... sinful!
    2. The glory of God reveals who God is...Holy!
    GB

According to 2 Thess 1:7-10, the rapture is the simultaneous revelation of wrath, power, and glory of God.

*[[Rom 1:18]] KJV* For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;

*[[2Th 1:7]] KJV* And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels,

*[[2Th 1:8]] KJV* In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:
    *[[2Th 1:9]] KJV* Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;
    *[[2Th 1:10]] KJV* When he shall come to be glorified in his saints, and to be admired in all them that believe (because our testimony among you was believed) in that day.
    GB

Then I think you are very badly mistaken. When Christ comes, he comes at the end of the age. He comes:
    1) Like lightning
    2) With fiery judgment
    3) To gather his Church
    4) To resurrect his people
    5) To save Israel from extinction
    6) To reveal God's judgment against sin to the world.
    etc. etc.

The revelation, or appearing, of Christ comes in glory, and involves simultaneously the salvation of the Church and the judgment of the world. Antichrist will be defeated. The nations will suffer a terrible conflagration. And Christians will be glorified by donning new immortal bodies. All of this takes place at the same time!

Of course, I fully understand that Pretribbers see it differently. I just don't know why, when there are zero Scriptures to teach such a theology. It must be "read into" the Holy Book. And this represents a serious mistake, and a move wholly inspired by man, and not by God....in my humble opinion.

Thread Information