Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213

Thread: Trump laments immigration from 's---hole countries' in Oval Office negotiations

Re: Trump laments immigration from 's---hole countries' in Oval Office negotiations

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Mark View Post
    To be honest, I would have no issue with the state law (so far as the constitution is concerned), if the feds were consistent with the 14th amendment and the 1st amendment. But they are not. The constitution allows the states FAR more power than it allows the Federal government. For instance, if the state can compel or the feds can compel a pharmicist to sell an abortificant as part of a constitution right for the buyer, then the same should be true for facebook when it comes to advertising guns for sale.

The feds were WAY out of line with trying to tell Little Sisters of the Poor they had to provide birth control for their employees or to tell Hobby Lobby they had to provide abortificants to their employees.
    but it is a state law, Washington state. What is the federal government doing regarding this law that they shouldn't in your view?

Re: Trump laments immigration from 's---hole countries' in Oval Office negotiations

Quote Originally Posted by bluesky22 View Post
    I agree wholeheartly. I would not advise any degree of forcing or violence, but evangilsm and living as God wants us to. Our example would show, and we would be strong.

Sometimes that might mean taking a stand ( respectfully, but strongly ) and why against trends ( say abortion ) that God does not approve of. I mean our system is supposed to be of and for the people right? If we Christians, the salt and light of the world, don’t stand for Gods Truths, what are we doing?
    I totally agree with taking a stand ... but taking a stand does not necessarily mean insisting the civil government is "your way" ... actually it is easier to take a stand when you have something to take a stand against ... so if the government says xyz then you don't go on trying to change them you just say well this is where I STAND and then STAND THERE and take the consequences ... that is my understanding of TAKING A STAND ... and well people see that and I think that is a more effective way to make change than to make out like one is a victim ... be brave and take a stand and take the consequences ...
    Lead me in Your truth and teach me,
    For You are the God of my salvation;
    On You I wait all the day.

Psalms 25:5

All Americans, not only in the States most heavily affected but in every place in this country, are rightly disturbed by the large numbers of illegal aliens entering our country. The jobs they hold might otherwise be held by citizens or legal immigrants. The public service they use impose burdens on our taxpayers. That’s why our administration has moved aggressively to secure our borders more by hiring a record number of new border guards, by deporting twice as many criminal aliens as ever before, by cracking down on illegal hiring, by barring welfare benefits to illegal aliens. In the budget I will present to you, we will try to do more to speed the deportation of illegal aliens who are arrested for crimes, to better identify illegal aliens in the workplace as recommended by the commission headed by former Congresswoman Barbara Jordan. We are a nation of immigrants. But we are also a nation of laws. It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years, and we must do more to stop it.

From Bill Clinton's state of the union address, 1995.
    "For a small moment have I forsaken you, and with great mercy will I gather you.With a little wrath did I hide My countenance for a moment from you, and with everlasting kindness will I have compassion on you," said your Redeemer, the Lord."..."For the mountains shall depart and the hills totter, but My kindness shall not depart from you, neither shall the covenant of My peace totter," says the Lord, Who has compassion on you.

Isaiah 54

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Christinme View Post
    I am not saying that Christians cannot rule the earth ... but that Christians rule by serving not by "forcing" ... at least that is what my understanding of Scripture is ... and well civil government concerns "forcing" ... not to say that Christians cannot serve in civil government ... just that we need to be careful about "forcing" morality ... better to "encourage" it ... again just my understanding ...
    I tend to agree with you here. "Forcing" is not the answer.

I think if we reach enough people for Christ, and they "see the light", we won't have to force anything, it would a natural out cropping of the new Birth and more and more would want the changes. Having Christians in places of civil authority would help in this regard, ( sure could not hurt) all of us living the Great Commission and the Gospel. We need more Christian leaders at higher levels, making a "stand" for Gods worldview and not mans. Just my thoughts

16 Who will rise up for me against the evildoers? or who will stand up for me against the workers of iniquity? Psalm 94

Thread Information