Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Love the lost enough to warn them about the all to REAL HELL==Jesus does!!

Blog Entries

Re: Love the lost enough to warn them about the all to REAL HELL==Jesus does!!

It seems that society has "evolved" to the point that such a sermon preached today would be labeled "hate speech" and get the preacher thrown in jail. Yet. the time this was preached, it started a massive revival.

I think western society is fast approaching what the bible calls "the fullness of iniquity". A point where men can no longer be convicted of sin and thus, forces judgement from an angry God.
    2 Ti 2:14 Of these things put them in remembrance, charging them before the Lord that they strive not about words to no profit, but to the subverting of the hearers.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jude View Post
    Matthew 25:41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

Jude
    That isn't even in the translation hell, it literally says « fire », Greek: « pur », this is the second death where they will be thrown. Second death is never called « hell ».

Aristarkos

Quote Originally Posted by shepherdsword View Post
    It seems that society has "evolved" to the point that such a sermon preached today would be labeled "hate speech" and get the preacher thrown in jail. Yet. the time this was preached, it started a massive revival.

I think western society is fast approaching what the bible calls "the fullness of iniquity". A point where men can no longer be convicted of sin and thus, forces judgement from an angry God.
    Well said...The devil has a firm grip on this world..

II Corinthians 4:1 Therefore seeing we have this ministry, as we have received mercy, we faint not;

2 But have renounced the hidden things of dishonesty, not walking in craftiness, nor handling the word of God deceitfully; but by manifestation of the truth commending ourselves to every man's conscience in the sight of God.

3 But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:

4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

Jude
    The early Church was married to poverty, prisons and persecutions. Today, the church is married to prosperity, personality, and popularity.

~ Leonard Ravenhill

Quote Originally Posted by Jude View Post
    Here's an example of one guy that wanted desperately to warn others about hell..

Luke 16:19 There was a certain rich man, which was clothed in purple and fine linen, and fared sumptuously every day:

20 And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores,

21 And desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table: moreover the dogs came and licked his sores.

22 And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried;

23 And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.

24 And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.

25 But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented.

26 And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence.

27 Then he said, I pray thee therefore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my father's house:

28 For I have five brethren; that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torment.

Jude
    That hell of Luke 16 is actually Hades. It is the current place of the dead. Sure it is a hot place of torment, but even a drop of water gives relief, kinda like having a fever and getting a wet cloth. As you can see, Lazarus was even talking from that hot uncomfortable place so it's not that place of burning flesh that people imagine, even though being a place of torment. Only souls are there, not human bodies, because that place exists for the unsaved dead, who have not been resurrected yet. The fact that his brothers still exist, confirms that Lazarus is in the temporary holding place of the dead (hell/Hades) before judgment day.

Rev 20: 13 The sea gave up the dead that were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead that were in them, and each person was judged according to what they had done. 14 Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. The lake of fire is the second death. 15 Anyone whose name was not found written in the book of life was thrown into the lake of fire.

We experience death once, but there is a second death awaiting the unsaved. First their souls spend time in hot uncomfortable Hades, then they are resurrected for judgment day and thrown into the lake of fire, which is the second death.

Thread Information