Thread: Some questions that have been bothering me

Some questions that have been bothering me

I have been struggling with the concept Who created God? And life after death what happens. I am a fairly new Christian and lately I just been struggling

Re: Some questions that have been bothering me

God is timeless, eternal, everlasting.

Psalms 90:2
    Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever thou hadst formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, thou art God.

Psa 102:24* I said, O my God, take me not away in the midst of my days: thy years are throughout all generations.*
    Psa 102:25* Of old hast thou laid the foundation of the earth: and the heavens are the work of thy hands.*
    Psa 102:26* They shall perish, but thou shalt endure: yea, all of them shall wax old like a garment; as a vesture shalt thou change them, and they shall be changed:*
    Psa 102:27* But thou art the same, and thy years shall have no end.*

Man is not able to search out the mind of God.

Job 37:23* Touching the Almighty, we cannot find him out: he is excellent in power, and in judgment, and in plenty of justice: he will not afflict.*

Isa 55:8* For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.*
    Isa 55:9* For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.*
    Isa 55:10* For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater:*
    Isa 55:11* So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.*

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by joshreed0811 View Post
    I have been struggling with the concept Who created God? And life after death what happens. I am a fairly new Christian and lately I just been struggling

This article might help you.

http://creation.mobi/who-created-god

God has always existed. He was not created. He is ultimate reality, in which all else flows from. Only things created need a cause.

Heaven is going to be good, but I have no clue what it will be like.
    A cannot be A & not A at the same time.

מקום כניעה סך הכל

I have been struggling with the concept Who created God?
    At some point, existence must be a brute fact, or you'd be stuck in an infinite regression: who God created? But then who created the thing that created God? But then who created the thing that created the thing that created God? And so forth. As others have said, God is that brute fact in that God has always existed.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Athanasius View Post
    At some point, existence must be a brute fact, or you'd be stuck in an infinite regression: who God created? But then who created the thing that created God? But then who created the thing that created the thing that created God? And so forth. As others have said, God is that brute fact in that God has always existed.

Yes, I remember once reading that “an actual infinity cannot exist “ I think it was William Lane Craig.
    A cannot be A & not A at the same time.

מקום כניעה סך הכל

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Athanasius View Post
    Hi Josh, what Athanasius said.

Let me use different words so that if one post doesnt connect with you maybe another will. Only things that have a beginning need a beginner. If someone or something has no beginning, then it needs no beginner.

God has no beginning. So he needs no beginner. And if he had a beginning, we run into the problem our friend Athanasius points out. That being needs a beginner and on and on and on and on. Its like dominos falling and never finding the first domino. Its a view that make less sense than Christian theism.

In essentials, unity; in non-essentials, liberty; in all things, charity. - Rupertus Meldenius

Read your Bible and pray every single day. - Pastor Jon Courson

If your grace ain't greasier than a bucket full of chitlin's and gravy, you might be a legalist - an internet friend.

Josh,

You asked about life after death. What happens? We know very little about what our future incorruptible and immortal bodies will be like. Neither can we know what our life will be. We are given some information:

Job 14:12* So man lieth down, and riseth not: till the heavens be no more, they shall not awake, nor be raised out of their sleep.*
    Job 14:13* O that thou wouldest hide me in the grave, that thou wouldest keep me secret, until thy wrath be past, that thou wouldest appoint me a set time, and remember me!*
    Job 14:14* If a man die, shall he live again? all the days of my appointed time will I wait, till my change come.*
    Job 14:15* Thou shalt call, and I will answer thee: thou wilt have a desire to the work of thine hands.*

Psa 116:15* Precious in the sight of the LORD is the death of his saints.*

Isa_64:4* For since the beginning of the world men have not heard, nor perceived by the ear, neither hath the eye seen, O God, beside thee, what he hath prepared for him that waiteth for him.

1Co_2:9* But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

Rom 6:23* For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.*

Believers identify with Christ's death and resurrection.

Gal 2:20* I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.*

Php 3:20* For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ:*
    Php 3:21* Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.*

Col 3:1* If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.*
    Col 3:2* Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.*
    Col 3:3* For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.*
    Col 3:4* When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.*

Blog Entries

God was not created. The Bible speaks about God as "the alpha and the omega," which are the first and last letters of the Greek Alphabet. The "Alpha", the first letter, represents the idea that God is the beginning, the origin, the start of everything else. Everything has a beginning except for the one who is the beginning. There is nothing that came before God.

Don't be tricked by the meaningless and worthless doctrine of infinite regress, which seeks to eliminate God by spurious argument. Let no man cheat you out of your faith with spurious arguments as our brother and Apostle Paul has said many times (Colossians 2:4).

As for life after death, take courage from his word to the Thessalonians, where he says,

1Thessalonians 4:
    13 But we do not want you to be uninformed, brethren, about those who are asleep, so that you will not grieve as do the rest who have no hope. 14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who have fallen asleep in Jesus.

If you are struggling as a Christian then know this. All Christians struggle, some more than others. And many have doubts. The best way to avoid doubt about the faith is to love others. Reach out and help someone else. As you read the New Testament, take note of how many times faith is associated with love and hope. Love for others will strengthen your faith, and your faith will strengthen your love.

Best wishes.

GOD has always been........................

Well will give an account to GOD when we are all raptured up ...... we will then know were we will be depending on what we have done here on earth !
    Eph. 2:8
    For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
    9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

The beautiful farm in the center of heaven!
    Blog Entries

I'll start by saying I'm no theologian but here's what runs through my mind when I consider the eternality of our God.
    First love. God is love. If this is so then I think it's safe to say love always exists. Just because we humans stop loving another doesn't mean love stops existing. It comes from somewhere or some One. Better still life. When we consider all our pithy little sayings in this world, there is one I find particularly contradictory. That saying is somewhere along these lines..."everyone dies sometime, it's just a part of life"
    Think about that. Jesus said that he is the life. Life is life and it doesn't include death. Life and death are 2 completely different things. Like two different entities, if you will, separate and apart from one another. Life doesn't end neither does it begin. It just IS. Thus Jesus said "before Abraham was, I AM"
    LIFE and LOVE And TRUTH and all that God is always are and always will be and have always been And these things are a person. That person is our God. And our God is the originator of these because He is all that...(and a bag of chips. )

Disclaimer: to all you educated theologians, I'm not an educated individual, just giving the best description according to my own understanding. Please forgive any error I might have said here and help correct it so I don't cause any confusion.
    Don't seek too much knowledge. You just may be putting more weight on your shoulders than you're able to bare. Let God be the one to decide how quickly you grow.

This is a question that is not answered in the Bible. However, the God that is presented in the Bible. seems to be a deity that wants people to live in peace, health, and prosperity. The idea of the family, loyalty, friendship is very important. Also, the idea of honoring your parents and the idea of parents securing a future for their children is also very important.

But how did God originate ? I can not even begin to understand this. We do not even know how mater came into existence. There are angels and spirits and a whole world of supernatural that is mentioned in the Bible. We do not even know anything about this world.

I honestly would like to know this but perhaps if we knew how God was created then we would be the God and would also know how to create and have knowledge of the spirit world. But the Bible does say that God has no beginning and no ending - he dwells in eternity and his time is not the same time - as we know it.
    Last edited by GOD WE TRUSTED; Jan 11th 2019 at 05:02 PM. Reason: mispell

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOD WE TRUSTED View Post
    This is a question that is not answered in the Bible. However, the God that is presented in the Bible. seems to be a deity that wants people to live in peace, health, and prosperity. The idea of the family, loyalty, friendship is very important. Also, the idea of honoring your parents and the idea of parents securing a future for their children is also very important.

But how did God originate ? I can not even begin to understand this. We do not even know how mater came into existence. There are angels and spirits and a whole world of supernatural that is mentioned in the Bible. We do not even know anything about this world.

I honestly would like to know this but perhaps if we knew how God was created then we would be the God and would also know how to create and have knowledge of the spirit world. But the Bible does say that God has no beginning and no ending - he dwells in eternity and his time is not the same time - as we know it.
    The answer of God's eternal nature is answered in the Bible. God is self-existing so to speak. Not that he created himself, but that he has just always been in existence. He calls himself "I AM that I AM" in Exodus. God simply put, just IS. No one created God. There never was a time where he is not exist. Isaiah calls God "the everlasting" God.

God was not created.

Material matter was created. How? God spoke it into being in Genesis 1.

God's primary focus on OUR lives is our salvation, sanctification, revival, renewal, and our works that he created for us to do for him after we are saved [Ephesians 2:10]. God isn't so preoccupied with us being prosperous. Plenty of Christians live in poverty and want. The same with health. God will heal via doctors and supernaturally, but that isn't his primary concern for us.

Our lives are all about the spiritual. That's the most important thing. Material things and our material bodies will fade and die. Our souls and the souls of others is of primary importance.

The answer of God's eternal nature is answered in the Bible. God is self-existing so to speak. Not that he created himself, but that he has just always been in existence. He calls himself "I AM that I AM" in Exodus. God simply put, just IS. No one created God. There never was a time where he is not exist. Isaiah calls God "the everlasting" God.

God was not created.

Material matter was created. How? God spoke it into being in Genesis 1.

God's primary focus on OUR lives is our salvation, sanctification, revival, renewal, and our works that he created for us to do for him after we are saved [Ephesians 2:10]. God isn't so preoccupied with us being prosperous. Plenty of Christians live in poverty and want. The same with health. God will heal via doctors and supernaturally, but that isn't his primary concern for us.

Our lives are all about the spiritual. That's the most important thing. Material things and our material bodies will fade and die. Our souls and the souls of others is of primary importance.
    ".....it's your nickel"

So true - it is almost seems all too simple to seem true. But I believe it too. Thank You for the encouragement jayne

So true - it is almost seems all too simple to seem true. But I believe it too. Thank You for the encouragement jayne
    No matter how far you go in distance...He's there.

No matter how far back or forward you go in time, even before time...He's there.

No matter how deep the sin or how hurt the hurt, He's there.
    ♪ Each day may Christ become clearer, His Cross dearer, Our Hope nearer. ♫

If God is God and created all things, that means he created time. Maybe that helps.

Thread Information