View Poll Results: What happened to the 10 tribes of "Israel"?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • They went everywhere.

7 43.75%
  • They went nowhere.

4 25.00%
  • They went into thin air.

0 0%
  • OTHER, or doesn't matter.

5 31.25%
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: What happened to the 10 lost tribes of the house of Israel?

Blog Entries

Re: What happened to the 10 lost tribes of the house of Israel?

Quote Originally Posted by BrianW View Post
    In the time of Daniel’s 70th week, 12,000 from the twelve tribes will come to Christ and be sealed. The Old testament clearly tells us that God will gather Israel from the 4 corners of the earth. Romans 11 clearly and emphatically tells us of God's future work for the nation of Israel.

Since 1948 we've seen Jews gathering in Israel just as Ezekiel said they would. He also said there would be a future judgement upon them. In Revelations we know that though they gather in unbelief now God will bring them to belief through His judgement and most likely after the Tribulations. ` See Romans 11 again.

The point of my post is that the thought that the tribes were or are "Lost" and need to be found by Christians is bogus. God tells us through His word that He will gather them NOT that we must find them.

I understand your point fully but in this specific circumstance it's not relevant. Don't put your obsession upon me and try to tell me it's God's will or command that I need to figure out where the "lost" tribes are.

In other words - poppycock and balderdash good sir.
    I can just hear you saying this; in a pommy accent!

What I said in #142, was that we should carefully study the prophesies and try to discern what God actually does Plan for our future.
    Where the lost tribes are, is plainly told to us; they are scattered among the nations and only God knows exactly who they all are.

The current nation of Israel, the Jewish people, the House of Judah, has many specific prophesies about their future. They continue to reject Jesus and now face Judgement along with all the nations. Psalms 110:5-6, Habakkuk 3:12, Revelation 6:12-17
    But the true Israelites of God, all those faithful Christians who call out to the Lord, Acts 2:21, will be protected and the Lord will gather them into all of the holy Land. Jeremiah 3:12-14

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CadyandZoe View Post
    It would be my pleasure to explicate Romans 2, but can you read post 90 and ask me clarification questions?

I find it helpful and informative to argue the other side. In fact, I wouldn't claim to understand my opponent unless I could argue his side.

The concept of the "Spiritual Jew" comes from Romans 2:28-29. My opponent would argue that Paul has eliminated or negated outward expressions of identity, claiming elsewhere that "in Christ there is neither Jew nor Gentile, slave nor free, male nor female." In another place he tells the Galatians that if a man were to receive circumcision then Christ would be of no benefit to him. He tells the Colossians that true circumcision is of the heart, and made without hands. And ultimately, the NT places great value in the proper inwardness, teaching that a man is saved through faith apart from the works of the law; that God will not forgive a man unless he forgives his neighbors; that a man commits adultery with a woman in his heart; that a person must confess the word of God with his mouth and believe it in his heart; that blessed are the pour in spirit; blessed are those who confess their sins with contrition. (Actually that last one comes from Psalm 32).

While Paul admits that circumcision is intended to mark a true child of God, a holy one, a person who loves God, fears God, remains humble and seeks to obey God with all his heart, soul, mind, and body, this is not always the case. He even says that circumcision would be of some value if one obeyed the law. But what good is and outward marker that doesn't actually indicate an inward commitment?

Now, given Paul's position that God circumcises the hearts of those who belong to him, and given that Paul seems to say that a Jew is one inwardly, having a circumcision of the heart by the Spirit, it stands to reason that all those who have this inward circumcision are "Jews inwardly."

In post 90, I argued against this interpretation on the grounds that the subject of the discourse at that spot is centered on those who are keeping the law, which would not be applicable to those who are not keeping the law, such as Gentile believers.
    I have read your post #90 and agree completely. We are on page.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Keraz View Post
    But the true Israelites of God, all those faithful Christians who call out to the Lord, Acts 2:21, will be protected and the Lord will gather them into all of the holy Land. Jeremiah 3:12-14
    And now you move on to replacement theology? It's unscriptural bro and, in fact, it's actually contrary to Scripture.
    "Those diligent and careful studiers of God's Word, those who teach the truth and not fables of man, will receive a reward for that." Agreed. So stop with the Replacement Theology fable. Please.

I know these posts might seem like I'm "coming after you" or somesuch but I'm truly not. I just disagree strongly.

I can just hear you saying this; in a pommy accent!
    Yep!
    Day by day
    Oh Dear Lord
    Three things I pray
    To see thee more clearly
    Love thee more dearly
    Follow thee more nearly
    Day by day

Blog Entries

And now you move on to replacement theology? It's unscriptural bro and, in fact, it's actually contrary to Scripture.
    "Those diligent and careful studiers of God's Word, those who teach the truth and not fables of man, will receive a reward for that." Agreed. So stop with the Replacement Theology fable. Please.
    The hoary old 'replacement theology' accusation.
    I have refuted this notion many times, but people like to haul it out again and again because they fail to grasp that there is only One people of God, Ephesians 4:4-6, John 17:20-23, +
    There has always been some people that God has kept for Himself, from the 7000 in Elijah's time to the 3000 at Pentecost, to the Pilgrim Fathers, to todays faithful Christian believers. Ancient Israel and modern Israel were never all of God's people, only a proportion and in the case of modern Israel, just a tiny minority of Messianic Jews.
    Since Jesus came and the Apostles spread the Gospel, it has been mostly the Western nations that have become Christianized. Unfortunately they are sinking rapidly into apostasy, but there remains a faithful core of people from every tribe, race nation and language, who are the true Israelites of God.

NOBODY is 'replaced'. It is up to every individual to accept or reject the Salvation on offer. Jew or Gentile, male or female, servant or king, etc. 1 Peter 2:7-10, Rev 5:9-10

Blog Entries

You've refuted nothing.

This line all by itself shows your replacement theology "But the true Israelites of God, all those faithful Christians who call out to the Lord, will be protected and the Lord will gather them into all of the holy Land. "

Throwing a couple of Bible verses that you've taken out of context does the exact opposite of what you wished to achieve. I know you guy's hate the term replacement theology and get all offended when it's brought up and I say too bad. If the doctrine fits wear it bro.

In this case? It fits like a handmade custom glove.

but there remains a faithful core of people from every tribe, race nation and language, who are the true Israelites of God.
    No. We are The Church. Big difference.
    Day by day
    Oh Dear Lord
    Three things I pray
    To see thee more clearly
    Love thee more dearly
    Follow thee more nearly
    Day by day

Blog Entries

"A Chosen Generation"
    In the New Testament it is Christians only and never ethnic Jews, who are revealed as God's chosen people and God's holy nation. A few thousand Jews did become Christians then and some are now. But for the rest, Jesus cursed the fig tree and called them members of the synagogue of Satan.
    1 Peter 2:1-lO. They that are with Him [Christ] are called and chosen. [Revelation 17:14; Ephesians 1:4] Peter was writing to Christians: new born babes, lively stones, to a spiritual people, who are the holy priesthood, elect and precious.
    The Lord Jesus has become the chief cornerstone of all these new and living stones. He is building only ONE spiritual nation, ONE spiritual temple!
    Mathew 21:42. This is the Lord's doing and it is marvelous in our eyes.
    Luke 3:8.Truly, God is able of these stones to raise up children unto Abraham.

To be an Israelite of the promised seed, one must now be bringing forth good fruit of the spirit from "good ground" and not of the flesh, either in 30, 60, or up to 100 fold in God's spiritual measure - Matthew l3:23. Because the religious system of Israel rejected Christ as the chief cornerstone and bearer of good fruit, Jesus said to the Jews: The kingdom of God shall be taken from you [as a natural literal nation], and given to [newly incorporated Christian] a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof. Matthew 21:43

There is only one Way all must come - John 14:6 That way is not through natural lineage and inheritance but through the acceptance of God's grace found in, Jesus Christ the Lord. There is only one new Covenant and God makes that Covenant only with true believers.

Who is now and shall yet be a part of the new people of God? The natural Jews?
    Yes, but only as individuals, as Christian Israelites in a totally new and different nation: citizens of a new city, a new government. They must come through Christ in the same manner as any nationality before they can become new citizens of this new nation in all that area promised to Abraham and his descendants by faith. Heb.11:10-16
    Natural Israel did not obtain that which they sought, but the chosen people have attained it. Romans 11:7, Romans 8:29-30

Blog Entries

Here's the problem with what you've just written: You took some bedrock truths and mixed a little poison in with things that are not said in the Bible. You have to twist a whole lot of what's said in the OT and NT, completely ignore other things and downright make some stuff up.

You cannot prove that Replacement Theology is sound doctrine with Scripture because it isn't in there. Not even close. That's why you guys hate the term.

We all know the gospel here and that it all leads to Jesus being the way, the truth and the life. That doesn't change the fact the Israel is under a partial blindness "until the fullness of the Gentiles be come in."
    Of course individual Jews can be saved and become Christians but to say that a born again gentile is now an Israelite is throwing the whole scheme of prophecy that deals with things after Christ's birth out of the window.

You can choose to do that but I adamantly refuse to "teach the fables of man" when I can see clear and precise Scripture that proves otherwise. There's no grey area here.
    Day by day
    Oh Dear Lord
    Three things I pray
    To see thee more clearly
    Love thee more dearly
    Follow thee more nearly
    Day by day

The hoary old 'replacement theology' accusation.
    I have refuted this notion many times, but people like to haul it out again and again because they fail to grasp that there is only One people of God, Ephesians 4:4-6, John 17:20-23, +
    There has always been some people that God has kept for Himself, from the 7000 in Elijah's time to the 3000 at Pentecost, to the Pilgrim Fathers, to todays faithful Christian believers. Ancient Israel and modern Israel were never all of God's people, only a proportion and in the case of modern Israel, just a tiny minority of Messianic Jews.
    Since Jesus came and the Apostles spread the Gospel, it has been mostly the Western nations that have become Christianized. Unfortunately they are sinking rapidly into apostasy, but there remains a faithful core of people from every tribe, race nation and language, who are the true Israelites of God.

NOBODY is 'replaced'. It is up to every individual to accept or reject the Salvation on offer. Jew or Gentile, male or female, servant or king, etc. 1 Peter 2:7-10, Rev 5:9-10

The mistake you make is when you say this:
    I have refuted this notion many times, but people like to haul it out again and again because they fail to grasp that there is only One people of God, Ephesians 4:4-6, John 17:20-23
    There is not one "people" but rather there is but one "way " to be of the children and family of God.

*[[Eph 4:4]] KJV* There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;

*[[Eph 4:5]] KJV* One Lord, one faith, one baptism,

*[[Eph 4:6]] KJV* One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

You do not find him saying that there is "only one people" in that passage. Neither in John 17. But those who inherit the promises of God are:

*[[Rev 7:9]] KJV* After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;

Stop kidding yourself. There is not one people, but one God, and one faith. We must worship him in spirit and in truth.

*[[Joh 4:21]] KJV* Jesus saith unto her, Woman, believe me, the hour cometh, when ye shall neither in this mountain, nor yet at Jerusalem, worship the Father. Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews. But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.

Blessings to all who keeps the saying and the prophecy of his book!
    GB

Here is a lengthy passage of scripture of what took place in the first year of Hezekiah, who was the king of Judah, when the Assyrians came and took the captives of the house of Israel, less than 6 years later. At the end, you can see that some from the other tribes came to worship at Jerusalem. Not many, but some did. Whether they stayed or didn't, the text doesn't say. But many of those to whom he invited, mocked his invitation. But it is probably most likely that there is more to Judah, than just Judah and Benjamin.

GB

Verse list:
    2Ch 29:1-23 KJVLiteHezekiah began to reign when he was five and twenty years old, and he reigned nine and twenty years in Jerusalem. And his mother's name was Abijah, the daughter of Zechariah. And he did that which was right in the sight of the LORD, according to all that David his father had done. He in the first year of his reign, in the first month, opened the doors of the house of the LORD, and repaired them. And he brought in the priests and the Levites, and gathered them together into the east street, And said unto them, Hear me, ye Levites, sanctify now yourselves, and sanctify the house of the LORD God of your fathers, and carry forth the filthiness out of the holy place. For our fathers have trespassed, and done that which was evil in the eyes of the LORD our God, and have forsaken him, and have turned away their faces from the habitation of the LORD, and turned their backs. Also they have shut up the doors of the porch, and put out the lamps, and have not burned incense nor offered burnt offerings in the holy place unto the God of Israel. Wherefore the wrath of the LORD was upon Judah and Jerusalem, and he hath delivered them to trouble, to astonishment, and to hissing, as ye see with your eyes. For, lo, our fathers have fallen by the sword, and our sons and our daughters and our wives are in captivity for this. Now it is in mine heart to make a covenant with the LORD God of Israel, that his fierce wrath may turn away from us. My sons, be not now negligent: for the LORD hath chosen you to stand before him, to serve him, and that ye should minister unto him, and burn incense. Then the Levites arose, Mahath the son of Amasai, and Joel the son of Azariah, of the sons of the Kohathites: and of the sons of Merari, Kish the son of Abdi, and Azariah the son of Jehalelel: and of the Gershonites; Joah the son of Zimmah, and Eden the son of Joah: And of the sons of Elizaphan; Shimri, and Jeiel: and of the sons of Asaph; Zechariah, and Mattaniah: And of the sons of Heman; Jehiel, and Shimei: and of the sons of Jeduthun; Shemaiah, and Uzziel. And they gathered their brethren, and sanctified themselves, and came, according to the commandment of the king, by the words of the LORD, to cleanse the house of the LORD. And the priests went into the inner part of the house of the LORD, to cleanse it, and brought out all the uncleanness that they found in the temple of the LORD into the court of the house of the LORD. And the Levites took it, to carry it out abroad into the brook Kidron. Now they began on the first day of the first month to sanctify, and on the eighth day of the month came they to the porch of the LORD: so they sanctified the house of the LORD in eight days; and in the sixteenth day of the first month they made an end. Then they went in to Hezekiah the king, and said, We have cleansed all the house of the LORD, and the altar of burnt offering, with all the vessels thereof, and the shewbread table, with all the vessels thereof. Moreover all the vessels, which king Ahaz in his reign did cast away in his transgression, have we prepared and sanctified, and, behold, they are before the altar of the LORD. Then Hezekiah the king rose early, and gathered the rulers of the city, and went up to the house of the LORD. And they brought seven bullocks, and seven rams, and seven lambs, and seven he goats, for a sin offering for the kingdom, and for the sanctuary, and for Judah. And he commanded the priests the sons of Aaron to offer them on the altar of the LORD. So they killed the bullocks, and the priests received the blood, and sprinkled it on the altar: likewise, when they had killed the rams, they sprinkled the blood upon the altar: they killed also the lambs, and they sprinkled the blood upon the altar. And they brought forth the he goats for the sin offering before the king and the congregation; and they laid their hands upon them:
    2Ch 29:24-36 KJVLite And the priests killed them, and they made reconciliation with their blood upon the altar, to make an atonement for all Israel: for the king commanded that the burnt offering and the sin offering should be made for all Israel. And he set the Levites in the house of the LORD with cymbals, with psalteries, and with harps, according to the commandment of David, and of Gad the king's seer, and Nathan the prophet: for so was the commandment of the LORD by his prophets. And the Levites stood with the instruments of David, and the priests with the trumpets. And Hezekiah commanded to offer the burnt offering upon the altar. And when the burnt offering began, the song of the LORD began also with the trumpets, and with the instruments ordained by David king of Israel. And all the congregation worshipped, and the singers sang, and the trumpeters sounded: and all this continued until the burnt offering was finished. And when they had made an end of offering, the king and all that were present with him bowed themselves, and worshipped. Moreover Hezekiah the king and the princes commanded the Levites to sing praise unto the LORD with the words of David, and of Asaph the seer. And they sang praises with gladness, and they bowed their heads and worshipped. Then Hezekiah answered and said, Now ye have consecrated yourselves unto the LORD, come near and bring sacrifices and thank offerings into the house of the LORD. And the congregation brought in sacrifices and thank offerings; and as many as were of a free heart burnt offerings. And the number of the burnt offerings, which the congregation brought, was threescore and ten bullocks, an hundred rams, and two hundred lambs: all these were for a burnt offering to the LORD. And the consecrated things were six hundred oxen and three thousand sheep. But the priests were too few, so that they could not flay all the burnt offerings: wherefore their brethren the Levites did help them, till the work was ended, and until the other priests had sanctified themselves: for the Levites were more upright in heart to sanctify themselves than the priests. And also the burnt offerings were in abundance, with the fat of the peace offerings, and the drink offerings for every burnt offering. So the service of the house of the LORD was set in order. And Hezekiah rejoiced, and all the people, that God had prepared the people: for the thing was done suddenly.
    2Ch 30:1-11 KJVLite And Hezekiah sent to all Israel and Judah, and wrote letters also to Ephraim and Manasseh, that they should come to the house of the LORD at Jerusalem, to keep the passover unto the LORD God of Israel. For the king had taken counsel, and his princes, and all the congregation in Jerusalem, to keep the passover in the second month. For they could not keep it at that time, because the priests had not sanctified themselves sufficiently, neither had the people gathered themselves together to Jerusalem. And the thing pleased the king and all the congregation. So they established a decree to make proclamation throughout all Israel, from Beersheba even to Dan, that they should come to keep the passover unto the LORD God of Israel at Jerusalem: for they had not done it of a long time in such sort as it was written. So the posts went with the letters from the king and his princes throughout all Israel and Judah, and according to the commandment of the king, saying, Ye children of Israel, turn again unto the LORD God of Abraham, Isaac, and Israel, and he will return to the remnant of you, that are escaped out of the hand of the kings of Assyria. And be not ye like your fathers, and like your brethren, which trespassed against the LORD God of their fathers, who therefore gave them up to desolation, as ye see. Now be ye not stiffnecked, as your fathers were, but yield yourselves unto the LORD, and enter into his sanctuary, which he hath sanctified for ever: and serve the LORD your God, that the fierceness of his wrath may turn away from you. For if ye turn again unto the LORD, your brethren and your children shall find compassion before them that lead them captive, so that they shall come again into this land: for the LORD your God is gracious and merciful, and will not turn away his face from you, if ye return unto him. So the posts passed from city to city through the country of Ephraim and Manasseh even unto Zebulun: but they laughed them to scorn, and mocked them. Nevertheless divers of Asher and Manasseh and of Zebulun humbled themselves, and came to Jerusalem.

One ironic fact about Hezekiah is that his father was only 9 years old, when Hezekiah was born. Matthews gospel, recognizes both Hezekiah and his father Ahaz, as legitimate holders of the crown of David. Ahaz was born in the 219th year after the division of the kingdom. Hezekiah, in the 228th year.

GB

Blog Entries

Here's the problem with what you've just written: You took some bedrock truths and mixed a little poison in with things that are not said in the Bible. You have to twist a whole lot of what's said in the OT and NT, completely ignore other things and downright make some stuff up.

You cannot prove that Replacement Theology is sound doctrine with Scripture because it isn't in there. Not even close. That's why you guys hate the term.

We all know the gospel here and that it all leads to Jesus being the way, the truth and the life. That doesn't change the fact the Israel is under a partial blindness "until the fullness of the Gentiles be come in."
    Of course individual Jews can be saved and become Christians but to say that a born again gentile is now an Israelite is throwing the whole scheme of prophecy that deals with things after Christ's birth out of the window.

You can choose to do that but I adamantly refuse to "teach the fables of man" when I can see clear and precise Scripture that proves otherwise. There's no grey area here.
    I made the point that there is no 'replacement', only continuation of all who believe in God and now accept Jesus.
    You dislike this truth and accuse me of teaching 'fables', when you fail to back up your belief that all of Jewish Israel will be redeemed. I could post many prophesies that plainly state how the Lord will Judge and punish apostate Jewish Israel and only a remnant will survive. Isaiah 6:12-13, Zephaniah 1:14-18, Romans 9:27, +

Why don't you come clean and say why you must grip onto a Jewish redemption? Show us where the Bible says that the Lord will forgive the Jewish people, or anyone who continues to reject Jesus.
    I suppose that you will trot out Romans 11:25-26. Be aware that this prophecy does not prove your theory of a partially hardened, Jewish Israeli redemption.
    All of Israel, as Paul says; then will include the Gentile believers, admitted in full strength. Therefore the 'whole of Israel, who will be saved', refers to every faithful Christian, who we know are people from every tribe, race, nation and language. Revelation 5:9
    Only those Jews who have accepted Jesus now will be among them. The rest will die. Isaiah 22:14, Ezekiel 20:38, Jeremiah 10:18, +

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    The mistake you make is when you say this:

There is not one "people" but rather there is but one "way " to be of the children and family of God.

*[[Eph 4:4]] KJV* There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;

*[[Eph 4:5]] KJV* One Lord, one faith, one baptism,

*[[Eph 4:6]] KJV* One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

You do not find him saying that there is "only one people" in that passage. Neither in John 17. But those who inherit the promises of God are:

*[[Rev 7:9]] KJV* After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;

Stop kidding yourself. There is not one people, but one God, and one faith. We must worship him in spirit and in truth. GB
    The Two Peoples, Two Promises; Jews and Christians, theory is an immutable tenet of the 'rapture to heaven' theory. These ideas are never stated in the Bible and are false teachings.

In God's eyes, just one people are His faithful ones; all the rest are those doomed for destruction. Romans 9:22 His righteous people are those from every ethnicity, chosen by Him for His own, a dedicated nation ..... 1 Peter 2:9-10

One People of God:
    John 10:16 There are other sheep of Mine.......there will be one flock, one Shepherd.
    1 Corinthians 1:13 Surely Christ is not divided?
    Galatians 3:26-29 It is thru faith that you are all children of God, in union with Jesus.....If you belong to Christ, then your are the descendant and a heir of Abraham.
    Romans 2:10 For everyone who does right, there will be glory, honor and peace.......God has no favorites.
    Titus 2:14 Jesus sacrificed Himself for us, to make us His own people.....

Blog Entries

I made the point that there is no 'replacement', only continuation of all who believe in God and now accept Jesus.
    You dislike this truth and accuse me of teaching 'fables', when you fail to back up your belief that all of Jewish Israel will be redeemed. I could post many prophesies that plainly state how the Lord will Judge and punish apostate Jewish Israel and only a remnant will survive. Isaiah 6:12-13, Zephaniah 1:14-18, Romans 9:27, +

Why don't you come clean and say why you must grip onto a Jewish redemption? Show us where the Bible says that the Lord will forgive the Jewish people, or anyone who continues to reject Jesus.
    I suppose that you will trot out Romans 11:25-26. Be aware that this prophecy does not prove your theory of a partially hardened, Jewish Israeli redemption.
    All of Israel, as Paul says; then will include the Gentile believers, admitted in full strength. Therefore the 'whole of Israel, who will be saved', refers to every faithful Christian, who we know are people from every tribe, race, nation and language. Revelation 5:9
    Only those Jews who have accepted Jesus now will be among them. The rest will die. Isaiah 22:14, Ezekiel 20:38, Jeremiah 10:18, +
    1. I don't "grip" to any such thing as a "Jewish redemption." The very notion is absurd and you do me a great wrong to even suggest that I do. Where that comes from or how you got the mistaken idea I don't know but what I do know is that it doesn't come from anything I've written and posted anywhere. Ever. As I said, it's absurd.

The bible speaks of different groups of "remnant" at different times. A remnant of The Church will be alive and will be saved. Also, a remnant of Jews will be saved when they recognize Christ as Messiah, God and redeemer, believe and are born again.
    This remnant are the 12,000 from the twelve tribes. At THAT time, and only then, will the natural branch be grafted back unto the tree. And this will only happen after the fullness of the gentiles.

The Church and Israel are not the same thing and we gentiles don't become Israelite's when we are born again.

The most simple way to put it is this: The remnant of Israel who survive the tribulation will be saved.
    The Lord will establish His kingdom on this earth with Jerusalem as its capital. The church will return with Christ and will reign with Him for a literal thousand years.
    With Christ reigning as King, Israel will be the leading nation.
    Representatives from all nations will come to Jerusalem to honor and worship the King—Jesus Christ.

2. You don't actually have to use the word replacement to put forth the doctrine. You use every trick in the Replacement Theology handbook except that word. Case in point, you keep throwing scriptures down as if the prove out what you've claimed. They don't. Not even close to it.

Whether you call what you're teaching replacement or not it's the same unbiblical nonsense that far too many in the Church have fallen prey to.
    Day by day
    Oh Dear Lord
    Three things I pray
    To see thee more clearly
    Love thee more dearly
    Follow thee more nearly
    Day by day

Blog Entries

Thanks, BrianW, you did come clean with your statement of how you believe the Church will Return with Jesus. So the Church has to be 'raptured to heaven' some time before the Return. Care to prove that idea? Provide the scripture that says that is Gods Plan for His people. Perhaps you are able to tell us when it will happen, as all the 'raptureists' I know are very confused about that. Pre, Mid and Post rapture, there is no consensus. A few adhere to the 'anytime rapture' doctrine!

Then; in order for that fanciful theory to be possible, you say that Israel; specifically the Jewish nation of Israel, will pass thru and survive the Great Trib and become the leading nation in the Millennium.
    This is not how Jesus sees it:
    Luke 19:27...... Bring those who did not want Me for their King and slaughter them before Me.
    Matthew 21:43 The Kingdom is taken from you, [Jews] and given to a people who bear the proper fruit.
    Revelation 2:9 & 3:9 As for those of Satan's synagogue, who falsely claim to be Jews, but who are not, I will make them come and fall at your feet and they will know you [Christians] are My beloved people.

Blog Entries

An Israelite is a descendant of Israel.
    We are not children of Israel, but of Abraham, so we are NOT and never will be Israelis or Israelites.

I believe in a rapture, but not as you describe it. The Bible clearly states there will be a rapture. You may not like the FACT that it does so, but that is what is stated. Perhaps you take issue with the meaning attached to it - that is fair enough - as people have different ideas what occurs at the rapture.
    For me the rapture that Philip experienced is the rapture the church will experience, with a key difference.
    Philip was caught away (raptured - harpazo in the Greek) to the Ethiopian.
    As the Body of Jesus we will be caught away to Him. Further this will occur when those who died in Him are resurrected, and together with them we meet Him in the sky.

The clearest modern example is of an airplane - its flight describes a curve. It goes up, flies along through the sky and then descends to another place on the earth.
    Now imagine everyone who is IN Him. They all will be converged on the same location, where He is. So they will all be making there own flights to Him.
    When we meet Him, we then come with Him to the place He is going on the earth. This is our landing site (our airfield sticking to the example).
    Now if you can prove that is not what happens through any scripture, then please do - however I find it sufficiently close to what is stated to withstand any scrutiny.

Now as for those who are children of Israel, I don't hold to the pre-trib standard idea that the Great Tribulation is for them. No, the GT is for those in Him BEFORE He returns.
    What happens to the Israelites in order as we are told in various places:
    1. The DAY of Jacob's trouble. This lasts basically a day. During this day will be genocide against those of Israel. It won't last 3.5 years, but basically a day. You can find examples in modern history such as occurred in Rwanda. In the city of Jerusalem roughly 50% or 1 in 2 will be taken. (OD, Zech 14)
    2. Those who have listened to the Two Witnesses and seen them resurrected up to Heaven and given glory to God, will take to heart the words that they spoke concerning God. (Rev 11)
    3. Jesus will descended as a fiery pillar on the Mount of Olives splitting it in two and creating a new valley. (Zech 14, Rev 11)
    4. Those who respond will flee along it (OD, Zech 14)
    5. They will be pursued, but they will be given the wings of an eagle - also protected I think by the fiery pillar - (Rev 12)
    6. They will be nourished by God in the wilderness for 1260 days (Rev 12, Deu 8). This is for the duration of the GT.
    7. They will be led out of the wilderness and back into the Promised Land, to the NHNE (Isa 65 & 66)

So I find that scripture NEVER confuses who is of Israel, and who is not.

Thread Information