View Poll Results: What happened to the 10 tribes of "Israel"?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • They went everywhere.

7 43.75%
  • They went nowhere.

4 25.00%
  • They went into thin air.

0 0%
  • OTHER, or doesn't matter.

5 31.25%
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: What happened to the 10 lost tribes of the house of Israel?

Blog Entries

Re: What happened to the 10 lost tribes of the house of Israel?

Quote Originally Posted by Johosophat View Post
    Why is is so hard for people to just accept what the Word plainly says?

The Gentiles are not a replacement for the Jews and not morphing into the 12 tribes.
    No one changes their ethnic identity.
    But you, like many, fail to understand the tremendous implications of Jesus Words: The Kingdom is taken from you, [Jews] and given to a people who bear the proper fruit, Matthew 21:43 Who bears the fruits of the Spirit? Faithful Christians. We are the Lord's people; Christian Jew and Gentile, male and female, great and small, .....

We inherit God's promises to His people; Romans 2:29, Ephesians 1:11-14, Col 1:12, + We are God's witnesses and his light to the nations and we never go to live in heaven. That idea is pure escapism and avoidance of responsibility.
    None of your quotes say that is what God plans for us. The House that is prepared , will come down to earth after the Millennium. Revelation 21:1-7

Quote Originally Posted by Keraz View Post
    No one changes their ethnic identity.
    But you, like many, fail to understand the tremendous implications of Jesus Words: The Kingdom is taken from you, [Jews] and given to a people who bear the proper fruit, Matthew 21:43 Who bears the fruits of the Spirit? Faithful Christians. We are the Lord's people; Christian Jew and Gentile, male and female, great and small, .....

We inherit God's promises to His people; Romans 2:29, Ephesians 1:11-14, Col 1:12, + We are God's witnesses and his light to the nations and we never go to live in heaven. That idea is pure escapism and avoidance of responsibility.
    None of your quotes say that is what God plans for us. The House that is prepared , will come down to earth after the Millennium. Revelation 21:1-7

The fact is I fully agree with every word you are saying on these scriptures. I don't reject any of them any I FULLY agree with every word they literally say. But I also understand what the rest of the bible tells us about the end of the church age and the coming Kingdom age. I don't toss out and ignore all those other scriptures just because they aren't convenient.

You on the other hand are rejecting all kinds of scripture on this with zero logical explanation or pattern whatsoever.

You are trying to convince yourself the Church age is an eternal state on some level, when Romans 11:25 and countless other scriptures say the church age will end and the Kingdom age will begin at the 2nd coming and the blindness will be lifted from Israel.

The church age Saints promises are Heaven based, with an immortal, incorruptible body and a home in Heavenly NJ. You are trying to put 2000 years of church age saints back in the flesh in the coming Kingdom age and giving them a plot of land in Israel to build an earthly house on.

That is just totally absurd.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    You seem to think i contradicted myself to say that a Levite may not necessarily be a Jew. The contradiction is in your mind. I am reiterating these words of Paul:

*[[Rom 9:6]] KJV* Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:
    *[[Rom 9:7]] KJV* Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called.

You just can't seem to get it out of your mind that ethnic and lineage is what defines being a Jew. It has nothing to do. Now, if you say "Israelite" that is a different story. No question about it. Descendents of Jacob will always be Israelites. He says that right here in Roman 9. But we are talking about Jews. True we have habitually come to call all the lineage of Jacob as Jews, but that does not make us correct. Just because i think adultery or smoking pot is ok does not make it okay. Not even if you pass a law saying that it is. Secondly, why would any one say that geographical markers are just figures of speech is beyond me.
    Blessings to all who keeps the saying and the prophecy of his book!
    GB
    I'm not of course saying that geographical markers are just figures of speech. So I don't know what or who you're arguing against? I'm saying that 12 tribal units are used to express the *total land territory of Israel,* because in the past Israel had been reduced to smaller geographical units. The total number of 12 tribes therefore express the entire original land inheritance of Israel, encompassing both the Northern area and the Southern area. In other words, Israel will no longer be divided up into Israel and Judah. It will be one nation, encompassing all 12 tribes equally.

The Jewish People and Israel are one and the same. Why you separate the people from their national identity I don't know?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Johosophat View Post
    The fact is I fully agree with every word you are saying on these scriptures. I don't reject any of them any I FULLY agree with every word they literally say. But I also understand what the rest of the bible tells us about the end of the church age and the coming Kingdom age. I don't toss out and ignore all those other scriptures just because they aren't convenient.

You on the other hand are rejecting all kinds of scripture on this with zero logical explanation or pattern whatsoever.

You are trying to convince yourself the Church age is an eternal state on some level, when Romans 11:25 and countless other scriptures say the church age will end and the Kingdom age will begin at the 2nd coming and the blindness will be lifted from Israel.

The church age Saints promises are Heaven based, with an immortal, incorruptible body and a home in Heavenly NJ. You are trying to put 2000 years of church age saints back in the flesh in the coming Kingdom age and giving them a plot of land in Israel to build an earthly house on.

That is just totally absurd.
    This is incoherent, jumps to wrong conclusions and makes wild accusations.
    There is no point in my replying to such a confused post.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Keraz View Post
    But now they are. Not even the Jews can prove their descent from Judah, all the records were burnt in 70 AD.
    Amos 9:9 is clear: God does know each persons true ancestry and soon we Christians will be divided into the 12 tribes, as we go to live in all of the holy Land.

Psalms 119:169-176 Let my cry reach You, as promised You give me knowledge and understanding. May Your hand be quick to help me, I long for Your deliverance.
    I have strayed like a lost sheep, come now and search for Your servant.
    Let me live to praise You, I am Yours, keep me safe, I pray.
    Again, the tribes are not lost. God promised never to lose them. Amos speaks of the House of Israel, not the Gentiles.

Amos 9:

For behold, I am commanding, And I will shake the house of Israel among all nations As grain is shaken in a sieve, But not a kernel will fall to the ground.

I can not argue your position in light of verses like this.

Quote Originally Posted by randyk View Post
    I'm not of course saying that geographical markers are just figures of speech. So I don't know what or who you're arguing against? I'm saying that 12 tribal units are used to express the *total land territory of Israel,* because in the past Israel had been reduced to smaller geographical units. The total number of 12 tribes therefore express the entire original land inheritance of Israel, encompassing both the Northern area and the Southern area. In other words, Israel will no longer be divided up into Israel and Judah. It will be one nation, encompassing all 12 tribes equally.

The Jewish People and Israel are one and the same. Why you separate the people from their national identity I don't know?
    Probably everyone on this forum, either continues to be, or has been guilty [self included] of calling the ethnic descendents of Jacob, the 12 tribes OF ISRAEL, by the term of spiritual delineation, Jew. Jew is an inward spiritual delineation of the people of God. We have gotten in such a habit of doing this (long enough) that we have come to improperly address the children of Israel as Jews. To call a citizen of Israel, or for that matter, adherents of the Torah, to call them a Jew, merely because we see them as descendents of Judah, or as having historical ties to the kingdom of Judah, is an error of monumental proportions to understanding God's word. Continuing such error, no matter for how long it is done, will never make it correct.

For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh: But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

SECONDLY, you are in fact grouping the specified tribal INHERITANCES into a group inheritance and this is absolutely contrary to scripture.

*[[Eze 47:13]] KJV* Thus saith the Lord GOD; This shall be the border, whereby ye shall inherit the land according to the twelve tribes of Israel: Joseph shall have two portions.*[[Eze 47:14]] KJV* And ye shall inherit it, one as well as another: concerning the which I lifted up mine hand to give it unto your fathers: and this land shall fall unto you for inheritance.

*[[Eze 47:21]] KJV* So shall ye divide this land unto you according to the tribes of Israel.*[[Eze 47:22]] KJV* And it shall come to pass, that ye shall divide it by lot for an inheritance unto you, and to the strangers that sojourn among you, which shall beget children among you: and they shall be unto you as born in the country among the children of Israel; they shall have inheritance with you among the tribes of Israel.
    It makes clear that the inheritances will be divided by lots, individually. And since each tribal territory [a large designated parcel of land] is specifically identified, tribally, the inheritances, BY LOT, can only refer to individual inheritances WITHIN each tribal territory. Which brings me to this revelation. When Jesus said this:

*[[Mat 19:28]] KJV* And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

[Which is immediately followed by this: ]

*[[Mat 19:29]] KJV* And every one that hath forsaken houses, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my name's sake, shall receive an hundredfold, and shall inherit everlasting life.

That, Jesus is referring to that time, when inheritances are passed out. They, the apostles, will be the overseers, the judges, OF THE TWELVE TRIBES, of who gets what and how much inheritance.
    GB

Probably everyone on this forum, either continues to be, or has been guilty [self included] of calling the ethnic descendents of Jacob, the 12 tribes OF ISRAEL, by the term of spiritual delineation, Jew. Jew is an inward spiritual delineation of the people of God. We have gotten in such a habit of doing this (long enough) that we have come to improperly address the children of Israel as Jews. To call a citizen of Israel, or for that matter, adherents of the Torah, to call them a Jew, merely because we see them as descendents of Judah, or as having historical ties to the kingdom of Judah, is an error of monumental proportions to understanding God's word. Continuing such error, no matter for how long it is done, will never make it correct.
    The monumental error is your attempt at forcing a bizarre, religious interpretation of what a "Jew" is and what an "Israeli" is. In reality, the Dictionary decides what these are--not you and your peculiar religious views. A Jew is indeed an Israeli, and not some kind of "inward" expression of an ethnic descendant of Israel. It's rather bizarre that you can't even express the definition of words that everybody else can use rather simply?

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy
    For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh: But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.
    Once again, you are interpreting this wrongly, since you fail to recognize how language works in this instance. It is not saying that physical descendancy from Israel has nothing to do with what a "Jew" is. On the contrary, it is determining among Jews who is a legitimate representative of the religion of the Jews. It has nothing to do with the ethnic identity, and everything to do with what makes that ethnic identity representative of the true faith of Israel!

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy
    SECONDLY, you are in fact grouping the specified tribal INHERITANCES into a group inheritance and this is absolutely contrary to scripture.

*[[Eze 47:13]] KJV* Thus saith the Lord GOD; This shall be the border, whereby ye shall inherit the land according to the twelve tribes of Israel: Joseph shall have two portions.*[[Eze 47:14]] KJV* And ye shall inherit it, one as well as another: concerning the which I lifted up mine hand to give it unto your fathers: and this land shall fall unto you for inheritance.

*[[Eze 47:21]] KJV* So shall ye divide this land unto you according to the tribes of Israel.*[[Eze 47:22]] KJV* And it shall come to pass, that ye shall divide it by lot for an inheritance unto you, and to the strangers that sojourn among you, which shall beget children among you: and they shall be unto you as born in the country among the children of Israel; they shall have inheritance with you among the tribes of Israel.
    It makes clear that the inheritances will be divided by lots, individually. And since each tribal territory [a large designated parcel of land] is specifically identified, tribally, the inheritances, BY LOT, can only refer to individual inheritances WITHIN each tribal territory. Which brings me to this revelation. When Jesus said this:

*[[Mat 19:28]] KJV* And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

*[[Mat 19:29]] KJV* And every one that hath forsaken houses, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my name's sake, shall receive an hundredfold, and shall inherit everlasting life.

That, Jesus is referring to that time, when inheritances are passed out. They, the apostles, will be the overseers, the judges, OF THE TWELVE TRIBES, of who gets what and how much inheritance.
    GB
    Yes, Jesus spoke in the terminology of the current covenant, which addressed Israel as the Chosen Nation and as the inheritors of the territory of the original 12 tribes. The idea that the 12 tribes continued as such was known to no longer exist even in that time, in the time that Jesus said this!

So Jesus was purely addressing the 12 tribes of Israel as the conglomerate of the entire people of Israel, who together would comprise a single nation. The promise to Abraham was not that they should become 12 provinces forever. Rather, it was that they should become a single nation forever.

The Ezekiel vision similarly expressed Israel from an OT vantage point as a nation that would inherit the original land of all 12 tribes. It referred to the *total inheritance,* and not just to a partial inheritance of one or two tribes, or even of six or seven tribes. This inheritance was to consist of all of Israel. It was to be for all the Jews, and it would encompass all the land.

I can understand why you and others read "12 tribes" literally. But you ignore the reality on the ground in the time Jesus said this. And so you don't know what Jesus meant by his reference to the 12 tribes. It had to do with the total number of the Jewish people, and with the total land inheritance necessary to constitute a single nation. It was against divisions, and against minimalization. It was to be a full and equal land inheritance with no more divisions and partitions among the tribes. The idea of boundaries was therefore symbolic, and not real. In reality this expressed an equal inheritance among all tribes, which is another word for homogenization of the Jewish People.

The monumental error is your attempt at forcing a bizarre, religious interpretation of what a "Jew" is and what an "Israeli" is. In reality, the Dictionary decides what these are--not you and your peculiar religious views. A Jew is indeed an Israeli, and not some kind of "inward" expression of an ethnic descendant of Israel. It's rather bizarre that you can't even express the definition of words that everybody else can use rather simply?

Once again, you are interpreting this wrongly, since you fail to recognize how language works in this instance. It is not saying that physical descendancy from Israel has nothing to do with what a "Jew" is. On the contrary, it is determining among Jews who is a legitimate representative of the religion of the Jews. It has nothing to do with the ethnic identity, and everything to do with what makes that ethnic identity representative of the true faith of Israel!

Yes, Jesus spoke in the terminology of the current covenant, which addressed Israel as the Chosen Nation and as the inheritors of the territory of the original 12 tribes. The idea that the 12 tribes continued as such was known to no longer exist even in that time, in the time that Jesus said this!

So Jesus was purely addressing the 12 tribes of Israel as the conglomerate of the entire people of Israel, who together would comprise a single nation. The promise to Abraham was not that they should become 12 provinces forever. Rather, it was that they should become a single nation forever.

The Ezekiel vision similarly expressed Israel from an OT vantage point as a nation that would inherit the original land of all 12 tribes. It referred to the *total inheritance,* and not just to a partial inheritance of one or two tribes, or even of six or seven tribes. This inheritance was to consist of all of Israel. It was to be for all the Jews, and it would encompass all the land.

I can understand why you and others read "12 tribes" literally. But you ignore the reality on the ground in the time Jesus said this. And so you don't know what Jesus meant by his reference to the 12 tribes. It had to do with the total number of the Jewish people, and with the total land inheritance necessary to constitute a single nation. It was against divisions, and against minimalization. It was to be a full and equal land inheritance with no more divisions and partitions among the tribes. The idea of boundaries was therefore symbolic, and not real. In reality this expressed an equal inheritance among all tribes, which is another word for homogenization of the Jewish People.
    As long as you use the doctrines and definitions of men, rather than the word, we will be in disagreement with each other.
    GB

Blog Entries

GB
    I'm convinced that the NT definition of "Jew" refers to anyone from the tribes of Judah or Benjamin. In modern times, a Jew is anyone from the 12 tribes. The "spiritual" Jew concept comes from a misinterpretation of Romans chapter 2.

As long as you use the doctrines and definitions of men, rather than the word, we will be in disagreement with each other.
    GB
    As long as you carry around your own dictionary, and do not use words the same way everybody else uses them, we will never understand each other.

As long as you carry around your own dictionary, and do not use words the same way everybody else uses them, we will never understand each other.
    I did nothing but quoted the scriptures, and you rejected then for your own beliefs.

*[[Rom 2:28]] KJV* For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:*[[Rom 2:29]] KJV* But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

If you do what's right,
    In your own sight,
    You might,
    You might,
    Be an Israelite.

But if by sin,
    Your soul defile,
    You've become,
    Become,
    Another Gentile.

Keep his word,
    To God be true,
    You are,
    You are,
    You are a Jew.

GB

Blog Entries

GB
    Those who like to believe that the people of the Jewish State of Israel are still God's chosen people, are seriously mistaken and display a blindness toward the many prophesies that say how they will be Judged and punished for their sins. Amos 2:4-5, Isaiah 22:8-14, Romans 9:27, + God is Just, they have had nearly 2000 years to do what He asks of them.
    Revelation 2:9 and 3:9 both tell us how the Jews falsely call themselves Jews, actually Israelis: but are not them at all and they belong to the synagogue of Satan.
    Isaiah 57:2-12 describes what the Lord thinks of them. Then in Isaiah 57:13 Those who make Me their refuge will possess the holy Land.

Randyk said that the 12 tribes no longer existed in Jesus' time. This is patently untrue, as Jesus knew about His lost sheep, Matthew 15:24, John 10:16. The Apostles knew where the 10 tribes were in exile and they took the Gospel to them. We Christians are the result of their evangelizing and that alone is proof of us being the Israel of God.

Your premise of the Jewish people being the only descendants of Jacob, rides roughshod over historical, genealogical and Biblical truths. It just leaves all who believe that way clueless about what God really does plan for our future.

Scriptures record only two instances of Jesus using the word Jew, both of them in John. Once before the high priest and the other before Pilate. How did he define the word Jew?

*[[Joh 18:20]] KJV* Jesus answered him, I spake openly to the world; I ever taught in the synagogue, and in the temple, whither the Jews always resort; and in secret have I said nothing.

Those who routinely gather at the temple.

*[[Joh 18:36]] KJV* Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.

The decision to crucify Jesus was a majority rules, collective decision. It was the acknowledgement that Jesus's kingdom was a spiritual one, who did not put up a fight for his release. Spiritual! Jesus's followers walk after the spirit.
    GB

I did nothing but quoted the scriptures, and you rejected then for your own beliefs.

*[[Rom 2:28]] KJV* For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:*[[Rom 2:29]] KJV* But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.
    Isn't Romans 2:28 talking about Jews who were circumcised in "heart" (not just/merely in the flesh). That is, not referring here to Gentiles who were, but Jews who were circumcised in "heart" (is the subject, here) not merely in the flesh.

If you do what's right,
    In your own sight,
    You might,
    You might,
    Be an Israelite.

But if by sin,
    Your soul defile,
    You've become,
    Become,
    Another Gentile.

Keep his word,
    To God be true,
    You are,
    You are,
    You are a Jew.

GB
    How does this ditty square with your two John verses, you placed in the post above mine, here? [John 18:20, 36]

"To God be true"... Jesus also stated that "For many shall come in My name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many." Does this mean you and I have to do this? [be deceived by them?] Or what?

IOW, the subject of Rom2 is not "Gentiles are Jews [spiritual ones] by virtue of their circumcised hearts"

Quote Originally Posted by TheDivineWatermark View Post
    Isn't Romans 2:28 talking about Jews who were circumcised in "heart" (not just/merely in the flesh). That is, not referring here to Gentiles who were, but Jews who were circumcised in "heart" (is the subject, here) not merely in the flesh.

How does this ditty square with your two John verses, you placed in the post above mine, here? [John 18:20, 36]

"To God be true"... Jesus also stated that "For many shall come in My name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many." Does this mean you and I have to do this? [be deceived by them?] Or what?
    I think the answer lies in verse 17:

*17* Behold, thou art called a Jew, and restest in the law, and makest thy boast of God,

And verse 29: * But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

The people of God, "Jews" are defined by the comments and state of the heart. True circumcision is to walk after the spirit, in the heart where God's law resides, in the person and life of Christ. You become a "Jew" by a circumcision of the heart. This takes place when we stop walking after the letter of the law written in our minds. I think too many people have trouble distinguishing between laws written in our minds versus the law of Christ, his life of holiness, written in our hearts. We (who walk after the spirit) wrestle with the flesh and blood commandments written in our minds. It is only if the laws of God are written in our hearts that we can understand the war between flesh and spirit.

I think i commented on those two verses. John 18:20,36. Coming to the temple regularly, to worship him in spirit, is the identifier that Jesus said were Jews. Jesus issued some very harsh words to the scribes, Pharisees and hypocrites, who walk after the outward man.

*[[Mat 23:25]] KJV* Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye make clean the outside of the cup and of the platter, but within they are full of extortion and excess...
    *[[Mat 23:27]] KJV* Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness...
    *[[Mat 23:28]] KJV* Even so ye also outwardly appear righteous unto men, but within ye are full of hypocrisy and iniquity...
    *[[Mat 23:33]] KJV* Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?

When Jesus spoke to Pilate concerning the Jews, he said they didn't recognize that his kingdom was "not of this world", aka spiritual.

Maybe you are asking about being called an Israelite. Israelite ethnicity does not equate to being a Jew. Jew is to be understood as a reference to the inward man, "tribe of Israel" is an external, physical trait of mankind. All Israel being saved refers to the remnant of Jacob that shall come out of (a subset) of the children of Israel that will number as the sands of the sea when the great tribulation begins. Once purged, ungodliness turned away from Jacob, all Israel shall be saved.
    GB

[Concerning false Christs and being deceived]
    a true follower of Christ, being part of the elect, Will not be deceived by any false Christs. My sheep know my voice and are known by me.
    GB
    Last edited by goldenboy; Feb 3rd 2018 at 10:11 PM. Reason: Oversight of a question.

Thread Information