View Poll Results: What happened to the 10 tribes of "Israel"?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • They went everywhere.

7 43.75%
  • They went nowhere.

4 25.00%
  • They went into thin air.

0 0%
  • OTHER, or doesn't matter.

5 31.25%
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: What happened to the 10 lost tribes of the house of Israel?

Blog Entries

Re: What happened to the 10 lost tribes of the house of Israel?

Quote Originally Posted by Trivalee View Post
    It is remarkable that where God symbolically imposed the punishment of Israel and Judah on the prophet, inexplicably, Keraz did not only ignore what is actually said but interpreted it to mean that the Jews will be punished for 2730 years.
    I know why he does, as many others have made a similar claim, though some remove 70 years from the 430 and then multiply by 7 and then get to 1948 by changing the years into 360 day years.
    My method of understanding is that:
    when God says Days, He means days and we are to understand it that way.
    when God says Days for years, He means we are to take a day for a year.
    when God says Years or Months or Weeks, we are to take each period IN THE SAME granularity of counting.

We are not to convert Years to Days and then back to Years whilst changing the length of each year.
    This is actually a method used by someone more than 100 years ago to prove the date of when Jesus came and a fulfillment of Daniel's prophecy.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Trivalee View Post
    It is remarkable that where God symbolically imposed the punishment of Israel and Judah on the prophet, inexplicably, Keraz did not only ignore what is actually said but interpreted it to mean that the Jews will be punished for 2730 years.
    Wow, the confusion here is astounding! And the silly objections to my posts display much ignorance.

FHG, the Jews are of Judah. Please be more careful to attribute names correctly.
    The people of the Northern ten tribes; the House of Israel are, according to your belief, lost to history.
    What Ezekiel 4:4-6 is telling us is; Israel; the ten tribes will have 390 years punishment, increased by X 7 for continued sins =2730 years. Leviticus 26:18
    The Jews will be punished for their sins for 40 years. This was increased by 7 X 7 = 1960 years. Leviticus 26:24 & 28

We don't have an exact date for the final exile of Israel by the Assyrians, but they were conquered in 721 BC, so adding 2018 = 2739 means that their punishment by exile is now over.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ForHisglory View Post
    I know why he does, as many others have made a similar claim, though some remove 70 years from the 430 and then multiply by 7 and then get to 1948 by changing the years into 360 day years.
    My method of understanding is that:
    when God says Days, He means days and we are to understand it that way.
    when God says Days for years, He means we are to take a day for a year.
    when God says Years or Months or Weeks, we are to take each period IN THE SAME granularity of counting.

We are not to convert Years to Days and then back to Years whilst changing the length of each year.
    This is actually a method used by someone more than 100 years ago to prove the date of when Jesus came and a fulfillment of Daniel's prophecy.
    Indeed, such errant hermeneutics is at the heart of the doctrine oriented schism in the Body of Christ.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Keraz View Post
    Wow, the confusion here is astounding! And the silly objections to my posts display much ignorance.

FHG, the Jews are of Judah. Please be more careful to attribute names correctly.
    The people of the Northern ten tribes; the House of Israel are, according to your belief, lost to history.
    What Ezekiel 4:4-6 is telling us is; Israel; the ten tribes will have 390 years punishment, increased by X 7 for continued sins =2730 years. Leviticus 26:18
    The Jews will be punished for their sins for 40 years. This was increased by 7 X 7 = 1960 years. Leviticus 26:24 & 28

We don't have an exact date for the final exile of Israel by the Assyrians, but they were conquered in 721 BC, so adding 2018 = 2739 means that their punishment by exile is now over.
    I don't know anyone who believes this nonsense, but carry on by all means if it makes you happy.

Blog Entries

Actually Keraz you might notice that Jews is used as a generic term in the NT. Paul himself was of the tribe of Benjamin (which is not Judah) yet he states:
    Act 21:39* Paul replied, “I am a Jew, from Tarsus in Cilicia, a citizen of no obscure city. I beg you, permit me to speak to the people.”

And here also:
    Rom 1:16* For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek.

According to MY belief the 10 Northern tribes are not lost to history - that is your claim.

You are also wrong as I highlighted what was stated and it shows that the ten tribes had sinned for 390 years, so the siege would be for 390 days (which Ezekiel enacted before them).
    Eze 4:1* “And you, son of man, take a brick and lay it before you, and engrave on it a city, even Jerusalem.*
    Eze 4:2* And put siegeworks against it, and build a siege wall against it, and cast up a mound against it. Set camps also against it, and plant battering rams against it all around.*
    Eze 4:3* And you, take an iron griddle, and place it as an iron wall between you and the city; and set your face toward it, and let it be in a state of siege, and press the siege against it. This is a sign for the house of Israel.

Nowhere does Ezekiel say that there is punishment of 390 years coming, nor does it mention a x7 increase.

As for the House of Judah, this was 40 years, and no mention of x7 increase and definitely not a x7 x7 increase which is even more bizarre a claim.

there is in Leviticus a statement which says that when God allows punishment to fall, and IF DURING the punishment the Jews don't repent then there would be a seven fold increase.
    This is what Daniel understands and is in his prayer in Dan 9.
    He is acknowledging that his people have not repented as they should, so they are due to have a sevenfold increase in punishment.
    Their punishment was 70 years, so this was to be 70 x7 = 490 years.
    This is the root of the 70 weeks prophecy and what is deserved and about God's grace.

Blog Entries

1 Kings 12:21 proves that Judah and Benjamin were the two tribes that stayed with King Rehoboam. They are the only tribes in the House of Judah, but there were many from Israel who escaped the Assyrians from Israel. They all became Jews.
    The 10 Northern tribes seceded and made Jereboam their king. v 20 This was God's doing; verse 24. Since then, all the prophets carefully maintain this separation; in over 160 Bible verses.
    It IS important and God's secret as to their whereabouts and their final destiny will be revealed in these last days.

Mixing up the siege of Jerusalem, a fulfilled prophecy, with the decreed times of exile for Israel and Judah, is a mistake.

Blog Entries

1 Kings 12:21 proves that Judah and Benjamin were the two tribes that stayed with King Rehoboam. They are the only tribes in the House of Judah, but there were many from Israel who escaped the Assyrians from Israel. They all became Jews.
    The 10 Northern tribes seceded and made Jereboam their king. v 20 This was God's doing; verse 24. Since then, all the prophets carefully maintain this separation; in over 160 Bible verses.
    It IS important and God's secret as to their whereabouts and their final destiny will be revealed in these last days.

Mixing up the siege of Jerusalem, a fulfilled prophecy, with the decreed times of exile for Israel and Judah, is a mistake.
    These two tribes did indeed stick together - however have you ever considered where the land of Simeon is according to scripture?

The Inheritance for Simeon
    Jos 19:1* The second lot came out for Simeon, for the tribe of the people of Simeon, according to their clans, and their inheritance was in the midst of the inheritance of the people of Judah.*
    Jos 19:2* And they had for their inheritance Beersheba, Sheba, Moladah,*
    Jos 19:3* Hazar-shual, Balah, Ezem,*
    Jos 19:4* Eltolad, Bethul, Hormah,*
    Jos 19:5* Ziklag, Beth-marcaboth, Hazar-susah,*
    Jos 19:6* Beth-lebaoth, and Sharuhen—thirteen cities with their villages;*
    Jos 19:7* Ain, Rimmon, Ether, and Ashan—four cities with their villages,*
    Jos 19:8* together with all the villages around these cities as far as Baalath-beer, Ramah of the Negeb. This was the inheritance of the tribe of the people of Simeon according to their clans.*
    Jos 19:9* The inheritance of the people of Simeon formed part of the territory of the people of Judah. Because the portion of the people of Judah was too large for them, the people of Simeon obtained an inheritance in the midst of their inheritance.

Just thought you should be aware of this.
    Also notice in 1 Kings 11:32 only one tribe is given to Rehoboam. 1 Kings 12:20 states ONLY Judah remained loyal. Then in verse 23 we have Judah, Benjamin and the rest of the people.
    We also have the question of the Levites and priests, for where were they based?

Someone who came south from the tribe of Asher didn't stop being of the tribe of Asher. This is clear from the NT. Rather the designator, House of Judah speaks of the lead role, not the sole tribe.
    It is why later in the NT Paul used the word Jew for everyone.
    Jesus Himself is of the tribe of Judah.

Blog Entries

Thanks FHG.
    Yes, I did know that Simeon was in Judah territory. I don't think though, they are joined with Judah; that is they are not Jewish.

All this business is tied up as a mystery of God. We simply cannot fully understand it, but what is plain, is that the bulk of the descendants of ancient Israel still remain scattered among the nations. Only the 2/12ths of the Jewish people are visible to us today.
    My belief is that the House of Israel are the people who have [mainly] accepted the Gospel. The people: who although they never knew Me or heard the prophets, have given their allegiance to Me.
    This is proved by Jesus' statement: I have come to save the lost sheep of Israel. His Gospel has been accepted by just a few of Judah, but by a vast multitude of people from every race, nation and language. Revelation 7:9

Blog Entries

Thanks FHG.
    Yes, I did know that Simeon was in Judah territory. I don't think though, they are joined with Judah; that is they are not Jewish.

All this business is tied up as a mystery of God. We simply cannot fully understand it, but what is plain, is that the bulk of the descendants of ancient Israel still remain scattered among the nations. Only the 2/12ths of the Jewish people are visible to us today.
    My belief is that the House of Israel are the people who have [mainly] accepted the Gospel. The people: who although they never knew Me or heard the prophets, have given their allegiance to Me.
    This is proved by Jesus' statement: I have come to save the lost sheep of Israel. His Gospel has been accepted by just a few of Judah, but by a vast multitude of people from every race, nation and language. Revelation 7:9
    Do you know anyone who is a descendant of Benjamin? Where did they disappear to?
    In fact the two groups that remain are the Jews, who may not be of Judah and the Levites.
    Simeon was entirely within the control of Judah, physically, geographically , economically etc. It would be like Kansas trying to be independent of the rest of the US and being part of Canada. Doesn't work.
    The point about a single tribe is that it was through that tribe that salvation AND the king would come.
    It is not that literally ONLY the people of that one tribe would be living in Jerusalem etc.

When Jesus spoke of the lost sheep of Israel He is speaking of ALL the tribes of Israel - including your supposed 10 missing ones, whom He sent the disciples to, whilst He was alive.
    You can believe anything you like, but if scripture doesn't support it, then don't expect anyone else to agree.
    As scripture doesn't support your position, and nor does history...

Blog Entries

Do you know anyone who is a descendant of Benjamin? Where did they disappear to?
    In fact the two groups that remain are the Jews, who may not be of Judah and the Levites.
    Simeon was entirely within the control of Judah, physically, geographically , economically etc. It would be like Kansas trying to be independent of the rest of the US and being part of Canada. Doesn't work.
    The point about a single tribe is that it was through that tribe that salvation AND the king would come.
    It is not that literally ONLY the people of that one tribe would be living in Jerusalem etc.

When Jesus spoke of the lost sheep of Israel He is speaking of ALL the tribes of Israel - including your supposed 10 missing ones, whom He sent the disciples to, whilst He was alive.
    You can believe anything you like, but if scripture doesn't support it, then don't expect anyone else to agree.
    As scripture doesn't support your position, and nor does history...
    For sure; scripture does not support the idea of Judah, the Jewish people today, being all of Israel.

How much history do you know? I probably know as much American history as you do, but I also have a good knowledge of ancient history. When the origins of the Western nations is studied, it is amazing how they all point to the Caucasus region, then to the Middle East area. Exactly where the House of Israel came from and were exiled to. Jeremiah 31:21 tells them to mark their way of migration. They did that and their cairns, dolmens and grave mounds are littered across Europe. There is plenty of scholarly research into this subject and also how those nations have a general Israelite tribal characteristic. France = Reuben, Finland =Issachar, Scotland =Asher, etc, and Britain & USA are from Joseph, that is: Ephraim and Manasseh.

You don't agree because you have already decided what you want God to do for you.
    As I said; it is all God's secret and He doesn't want all and sundry to know these things. That is why it is difficult to understand and why you reject it.

For sure; scripture does not support the idea of Judah, the Jewish people today, being all of Israel.

How much history do you know? I probably know as much American history as you do, but I also have a good knowledge of ancient history. When the origins of the Western nations is studied, it is amazing how they all point to the Caucasus region, then to the Middle East area. Exactly where the House of Israel came from and were exiled to. Jeremiah 31:21 tells them to mark their way of migration. They did that and their cairns, dolmens and grave mounds are littered across Europe. There is plenty of scholarly research into this subject and also how those nations have a general Israelite tribal characteristic. France = Reuben, Finland =Issachar, Scotland =Asher, etc, and Britain & USA are from Joseph, that is: Ephraim and Manasseh.
    LOL there isn't a single serious historian who supports this idea. Neither does genetic testing.
    "For a small moment have I forsaken you, and with great mercy will I gather you.With a little wrath did I hide My countenance for a moment from you, and with everlasting kindness will I have compassion on you," said your Redeemer, the Lord."..."For the mountains shall depart and the hills totter, but My kindness shall not depart from you, neither shall the covenant of My peace totter," says the Lord, Who has compassion on you.

Isaiah 54

Blog Entries

You don't agree because you have already decided what you want God to do for you.
    As I said; it is all God's secret and He doesn't want all and sundry to know these things. That is why it is difficult to understand and why you reject it.
    History is one of my hobbies, languages another - the interaction of languages, cultures and peoples is of great interest.

Did you not know that all nations descend from Noah and his sons? That Noah settled in the plain of Shinar?
    When you speak of Western nations, which specific peoples are you meaning?
    Israel was NOT exiled to the Caucasus, but it was in that direction from Jerusalem.
    Do you understand how mountainous that region is?
    Do you not understand why the Caucasus is considered the extremity of Europe?
    The Scythians didn't come from South of the Caucasus but from the East of the Caspian - they came along the plains, as did the Huns, and many others - this route is an easy route.

There are no Israeli dolmens or cairns scattered across Europe. Can you point to a single one with Hebrew or Aramaic inscriptions on it?
    France is not Reuben, nor is Finland Issachar. In fact the Finns come from further east, and have a relationship with the Mongols.
    So now you claim Scotland is Asher, I thought you were claiming Dan before, or is that Danmark for you now?
    Britain and the USa are not Ephraim and Manasseh.

Anyone even slightly scholarly will reject pseudo claims like this and would like some actual corroborative evidence, instead of fantasy.

Blog Entries

Yes FHG, I know your objections are valid in the general scientific and historical community. Any hint of an Israelite descent is instantly squashed.
    The Bible verse that puts all the learned and wise pronouncements into question is: Matthew 11:25-26.....God's secrets are hidden from them, but revealed to the simple.
    Therefore, God has made it impossible for any non-Christian, or a Christian who holds to wrong beliefs about who is Israel, to comprehend the truth of our origins.

The fact is; Jesus came into the world and when the Jews rejected and killed Him, the Apostles took the Gospel to the Gentiles. Acts 13:47

Now; people from every race, tribe, nation and language have accepted Christianity, but the main people group and the ones who have borne fruit; with missions and Bible distribution - as Jesus said in Matthew 21:43, are the Western, Caucasian people. Doesn't that give a clue as to the amazing Plan of God, to redeem the House of Israel and to eventually restore them into the holy Land.

You reject out of hand the idea that Britain and America are Ephraim and Manasseh. This is hardly proper rebuttal; just your unsupported opinion.

We read in Genesis 48:8-20, that Jacob blessed Ephraim and Manasseh: Ephraim would become a great company of nations and Manasseh one great nation. Then Moses prophesied that they would become very numerous and powerful, they would conquer nations and live in the fertile lands of the earth. Deuteronomy 33:13-17

So if you think the Jews are all of God's people, you are very much mistaken.

Blog Entries

Yes FHG, I know your objections are valid in the general scientific and historical community. Any hint of an Israelite descent is instantly squashed.
    The Bible verse that puts all the learned and wise pronouncements into question is: Matthew 12:25-26.....God's secrets are hidden from them, but revealed to the simple.
    Therefore, God has made it impossible for any non-Christian, or a Christian who holds to wrong beliefs about who is Israel, to comprehend the truth of our origins.
    God does NOT reveal His plans to the FOOL.
    Psa 92:5* How great are your works, O LORD! Your thoughts are very deep!*
    Psa 92:6* The stupid man cannot know; the fool cannot understand this

Matt 12 does not mean we are to be idiots, or deny the TRUTH in order to appear simple. It only makes us simple minded.
    I don't think Matt 12 is the reference you wanted:
    Mat 12:25* Knowing their thoughts, he said to them, “Every kingdom divided against itself is laid waste, and no city or house divided against itself will stand.*
    Mat 12:26* And if Satan casts out Satan, he is divided against himself. How then will his kingdom stand?

The truth of the origins of Israel are not hard. It is simple FACT that the people of France are NOT descended from Reuben, nor Denmark from Dan. Just to explain simply for you - if they were then the Nazis would have tried to kill them all.
    If you can't even provide a SINGLE thing which shows that these people came from these tribes, and we do have other sources which speak of their origins, then it shows that you are putting your trust, not in the TRUTH but lies.

The fact is; Jesus came into the world and when the Jews rejected and killed Him, the Apostles took the Gospel to the Gentiles. Acts 13:47
    The gospel was indeed taken abroad. And? It doesn't change the FACT that the Lost Sheep Jesus sent the apostles to while He was alive, were living in the Promised Land.

Now; people from every race, tribe, nation and language have accepted Christianity, but the main people group and the ones who have borne fruit; with missions and Bible distribution - as Jesus said in Matthew 21:43, are the Western, Caucasian people. Doesn't that give a clue as to the amazing Plan of God, to redeem the House of Israel and to eventually restore them into the holy Land.
    It shows God's blessing on a people who formerly were not His. And yes God does have a plan for His people - the people of Israel.

You reject out of hand the idea that Britain and America are Ephraim and Manasseh. This is hardly proper rebuttal; just your unsupported opinion.
    I have heard nonsense like this before. I have even read some of the supposedly supporting information. Yet when you look into ANY supporting evidence, you discover it does NOT support it even a little bit. So provide something which supports your UNFOUNDED claim. What we have is your unsupported opinion, against the opinion of multiple sources of information.

We read in Genesis 48:8-20, that Jacob blessed Ephraim and Manasseh: Ephraim would become a great company of nations and Manasseh one great nation. Then Moses prophesied that they would become very numerous and powerful, they would conquer nations and live in the fertile lands of the earth. Deuteronomy 33:13-17
    So if you think the Jews are all of God's people, you are very much mistaken.
    Have you not considered why those blessings have NOT YET come to fruition?
    They haven't happened yet because they were disobedient to God.

Blog Entries

God does NOT reveal His plans to the FOOL.
    Psa 92:5* How great are your works, O LORD! Your thoughts are very deep!*
    Psa 92:6* The stupid man cannot know; the fool cannot understand this

Matt 12 does not mean we are to be idiots, or deny the TRUTH in order to appear simple. It only makes us simple minded.
    I don't think Matt 12 is the reference you wanted:
    Mat 12:25* Knowing their thoughts, he said to them, “Every kingdom divided against itself is laid waste, and no city or house divided against itself will stand.*
    Mat 12:26* And if Satan casts out Satan, he is divided against himself. How then will his kingdom stand?

The truth of the origins of Israel are not hard. It is simple FACT that the people of France are NOT descended from Reuben, nor Denmark from Dan. Just to explain simply for you - if they were then the Nazis would have tried to kill them all.
    If you can't even provide a SINGLE thing which shows that these people came from these tribes, and we do have other sources which speak of their origins, then it shows that you are putting your trust, not in the TRUTH but lies.

The gospel was indeed taken abroad. And? It doesn't change the FACT that the Lost Sheep Jesus sent the apostles to while He was alive, were living in the Promised Land.

It shows God's blessing on a people who formerly were not His. And yes God does have a plan for His people - the people of Israel.

I have heard nonsense like this before. I have even read some of the supposedly supporting information. Yet when you look into ANY supporting evidence, you discover it does NOT support it even a little bit. So provide something which supports your UNFOUNDED claim. What we have is your unsupported opinion, against the opinion of multiple sources of information.

Have you not considered why those blessings have NOT YET come to fruition?
    They haven't happened yet because they were disobedient to God.
    Sorry, typo; Matthew 11:25-26

The blessings promised to Ephraim and Manasseh have taken place. Again your unsupported opinion, that just shows your lack of careful study of what the Bible really tells us.

The British Empire and a powerful United States of America are their fulfilment. Thinking that the Jewish people are yet to conquer the world, is nonsense and never said in the Bible.

You plainly want Israel, that you think is just the Jewish people, to be to ones who will rule with Jesus. Where is the Church? In heaven? What for?

A verse, any verse that says God will take His Church to heaven is required. Please provide it.

Thread Information