Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526

Thread: Did Israel possess their land?

Re: Did Israel possess their land?

Quote Originally Posted by Fenris View Post

Deuteronomy 13:2.
    You are still misapplying that passage when it comes to Jesus though. Jesus doesn't fit the full profile of the ones meant in that passage.

Quote Originally Posted by divaD View Post
    You are still misapplying that passage when it comes to Jesus though. Jesus doesn't fit the full profile of the ones meant in that passage.
    Is he a person unknown to the people before his generation? Yes. Would that mean praying to a new entity? Yes. Would I be able to justify that before God? No.
    "For a small moment have I forsaken you, and with great mercy will I gather you.With a little wrath did I hide My countenance for a moment from you, and with everlasting kindness will I have compassion on you," said your Redeemer, the Lord."..."For the mountains shall depart and the hills totter, but My kindness shall not depart from you, neither shall the covenant of My peace totter," says the Lord, Who has compassion on you.

Isaiah 54

Blog Entries

Nu, prophets also have supernatural powers. Moses turned a staff into a snake. And he was an exceptional human being; but still, only a human being. And the messiah will also be an amazing human being.

Deuteronomy 13:2.
    If you say so

Blog Entries

Nu, prophets also have supernatural powers. Moses turned a staff into a snake.
    He didn't do anything but speak, it was Aaron that cast the rod that became a serpent but he didn't perform the miracle, God did:

Exo 7:8 And the LORD spake unto Moses and unto Aaron, saying,
    Exo 7:9 When Pharaoh shall speak unto you, saying, Shew a miracle for you: then thou shalt say unto Aaron, Take thy rod, and cast it before Pharaoh, and it shall become a serpent.
    Exo 7:10 And Moses and Aaron went in unto Pharaoh, and they did so as the LORD had commanded: and Aaron cast down his rod before Pharaoh, and before his servants, and it became a serpent.

If God told me to throw a rod and it would become a serpent it wasn't me that performed the actual miracle. I was merely the pawn that did as God commanded.
    James 4:10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

That's great, and perhaps the messiah will have miracles also. But God is the source, not the person.
    "For a small moment have I forsaken you, and with great mercy will I gather you.With a little wrath did I hide My countenance for a moment from you, and with everlasting kindness will I have compassion on you," said your Redeemer, the Lord."..."For the mountains shall depart and the hills totter, but My kindness shall not depart from you, neither shall the covenant of My peace totter," says the Lord, Who has compassion on you.

Isaiah 54

Blog Entries

That's great, and perhaps the messiah will have miracles also. But God is the source, not the person.
    The Messiah is God, specifically the Father's Son, so yeah he can do miracles. As for human men/women, some have been written to perform miracles but it's still God giving them the power to do so. In the case of the rod becoming a serpent, I don't see God granting Aaron or Moses any power to change the rod, but that God is simply doing that changing. It's kinda like the difference of shooting a laser out of your hand at an enemy, or pointing your hand out towards the enemy and a laser coming out of heaven at the enemy. It's still God who does it but one is through the person, the other is God doing it himself to benefit the person.
    James 4:10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

Blog Entries

Indeed Jesus said He can do nothing EXCEPT what the Father is doing. Further He exhorts that everything He does we can do - through God who is the source.
    Jesus, when He came to the earth, set aside His godhead, to be made a man and so be restricted as a man is and He could do no more or less than any man could do.

Thread Information