Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 23 of 23

Thread: Warning of the wheat being uprooted also?

  1. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    12,756
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Warning of the wheat being uprooted also?

    Quote Originally Posted by Slug1 View Post
    If the wheat cannot be uprooted with the tares, why the specifics in the parable showing us that IF the tares were to be uprooted, wheat would also??

    I believe the parable is about trying to remove the tares BEFORE the harvest time. Before harvest time, the tare plant and wheat plant look almost identical so removed tares would result in some wheat being removed. But, at harvest it's very easy to tell wheat from tare and thus easy to remove all tares without any accidental wheat loss. Since this is about angels removed the bad people, they will wait until harvest which is the end of the world and no good people will be accidentally removed with the bad. IE: it's too early now to distinguish between saved and unsaved with 100 percent accuracy simply because it's too soon and people still have time to choose the light or the dark path.
    James 4:10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    In a place of praying hard and trusting God while battling on my knees!
    Posts
    29,509
    Blog Entries
    94

    Re: Warning of the wheat being uprooted also?

    Quote Originally Posted by ewq1938 View Post
    I believe the parable is about trying to remove the tares BEFORE the harvest time. Before harvest time, the tare plant and wheat plant look almost identical so removed tares would result in some wheat being removed. But, at harvest it's very easy to tell wheat from tare and thus easy to remove all tares without any accidental wheat loss. Since this is about angels removed the bad people, they will wait until harvest which is the end of the world and no good people will be accidentally removed with the bad. IE: it's too early now to distinguish between saved and unsaved with 100 percent accuracy simply because it's too soon and people still have time to choose the light or the dark path.
    I agree. The warning however... "IF" a wheat can never be removed (or even accidentally removed as you mention), then why is there any warning? If wheat can't be removed, ever... then there should also be no "fear" of pulling up wheat with tares no matter WHEN the timing is.
    Slug1--out

    ~Titus 2:11 For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men,~

    ~Honestly, the pain of persecution lets you KNOW you are still alive... IN Christ!~

    ~Colossians 1:28 Him we preach, warning every man and teaching every man in all wisdom, that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus.~


    ~"In the turmoil of any chaos, all it takes is that whisper that is heard like thunder over all the noise and the chaos seems to go away, focus returns and we are comforted in knowing that God has listened to our cry for help."~


  3. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    12,756
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Warning of the wheat being uprooted also?

    Quote Originally Posted by Slug1 View Post
    I agree. The warning however... "IF" a wheat can never be removed (or even accidentally removed as you mention), then why is there any warning? If wheat can't be removed, ever... then there should also be no "fear" of pulling up wheat with tares no matter WHEN the timing is.
    Well it is possible to pluck the wheat if done at the wrong time which is why the landowner tells the workers to wait. All farmers and workers would have recognized this issue with tares but since the workers are loyal angels and the owner is God and God tells them to do it at harvest, then we know no wheat shall be lost because at harvest both the saved and unsaved will bear fruit, the good have good fruit and the bad will have bad fruit and the angels will not be confused.


    So, it's possible through disobedience but won't happen because the angels will obey God.
    James 4:10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Chattanooga, TN
    Posts
    14,860

    Re: Warning of the wheat being uprooted also?

    Quote Originally Posted by Slug1 View Post
    I agree. The warning however... "IF" a wheat can never be removed (or even accidentally removed as you mention), then why is there any warning? If wheat can't be removed, ever... then there should also be no "fear" of pulling up wheat with tares no matter WHEN the timing is.
    The warning wasn't to the wheat brother. It was to the angels. And keep in mind, this isn't about salvation either. Its about separating the wheat from the tears. There are plenty of other passages about danger to the wheat based on the actions of the wheat. Here, there's no warning at all to the wheat. The only threat is from angels harvesting too soon. And God won't let that happen as we see in the parable. So the wheat has no reason to fear at all in this parable.
    Matt 9:13
    13 "But go and learn what this means: ' I DESIRE COMPASSION,AND NOT SACRIFICE,' for I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners."
    NASU

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    12,756
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Warning of the wheat being uprooted also?

    Quote Originally Posted by Brother Mark View Post
    The warning wasn't to the wheat brother. It was to the angels. And keep in mind, this isn't about salvation either. Its about separating the wheat from the tears. There are plenty of other passages about danger to the wheat based on the actions of the wheat. Here, there's no warning at all to the wheat. The only threat is from angels harvesting too soon. And God won't let that happen as we see in the parable. So the wheat has no reason to fear at all in this parable.
    Exactly .
    James 4:10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    In a place of praying hard and trusting God while battling on my knees!
    Posts
    29,509
    Blog Entries
    94

    Re: Warning of the wheat being uprooted also?

    Quote Originally Posted by Brother Mark View Post
    The warning wasn't to the wheat brother. It was to the angels. And keep in mind, this isn't about salvation either. Its about separating the wheat from the tears. There are plenty of other passages about danger to the wheat based on the actions of the wheat. Here, there's no warning at all to the wheat. The only threat is from angels harvesting too soon. And God won't let that happen as we see in the parable. So the wheat has no reason to fear at all in this parable.
    Hooah! OK, I see that this can look like I'm construing that the warning is for the wheat. I understand that the warning is to angels. If wheat can't be "harmed" ever... then yanking out tares in fear of wheat also being removed, would NOT be an element of warning TO the angels.

    The warning is about timing, but "if" wheat are wheat and that can't be taken away (IOWs, no fear of being pulled out with the tares) as some believe...

    The angles should simply be told, it's not time yet... but they are warned WHY it's not time yet. That WHY, is because the wheat can be LOST also!!!!!!
    Slug1--out

    ~Titus 2:11 For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men,~

    ~Honestly, the pain of persecution lets you KNOW you are still alive... IN Christ!~

    ~Colossians 1:28 Him we preach, warning every man and teaching every man in all wisdom, that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus.~


    ~"In the turmoil of any chaos, all it takes is that whisper that is heard like thunder over all the noise and the chaos seems to go away, focus returns and we are comforted in knowing that God has listened to our cry for help."~


  7. #22
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Chattanooga, TN
    Posts
    14,860

    Re: Warning of the wheat being uprooted also?

    Quote Originally Posted by Slug1 View Post
    Hooah! OK, I see that this can look like I'm construing that the warning is for the wheat. I understand that the warning is to angels. If wheat can't be "harmed" ever... then yanking out tares in fear of wheat also being removed, would NOT be an element of warning TO the angels.

    The warning is about timing, but "if" wheat are wheat and that can't be taken away (IOWs, no fear of being pulled out with the tares) as some believe...

    The angles should simply be told, it's not time yet... but they are warned WHY it's not time yet. That WHY, is because the wheat can be LOST also!!!!!!
    The point of the parable, is God won't let them. The argument is mute from this parable. Its impossible for the wheat to be torn up by the angels because God won't allow it. He stops it. Its not possible in this fashion. Jesus could also pull up the wheat, but He refuses to do so. We could go all night on the "what ifs". This passage simply doesn't fit for what you are trying to get across. There are far better passages than trying to put this one to use in such a way.

    If God won't allow it, its not possible. Jesus said "I coud call 10,000 angels" but He didn't. That would have doomed everyone, including Abraham, Isaac and Jacob who were already in paradise. That doesn't prove anyone can lose their salvation. But they would have been doomed if Christ had called 10,000 angels. Should we have a doctrine now that suggest the OT saints could have been lost after death since Christ could have called 10,000 angels?

    The parable doesn't prove anyone can lose their salvation either. It just shows the power of God and of the angels. Also, keep in mind that if you use this passage to suggest wheat can be uprooted, then we are not safe from angels and must guard ourselves against them. Are demons angels that can pluck us out before the time? God won't allow either, so the point is mute. If God won't allow it, it is not possible.

    IOW, why not just use this parable as it is intended and find another passage that the context really fits the concept of wheat being pulled up because of what is happening in the wheat? Otherwise we are looking for doctrine where their is none, IMO and that begins to look like eisogesis to those that read the posts.
    Matt 9:13
    13 "But go and learn what this means: ' I DESIRE COMPASSION,AND NOT SACRIFICE,' for I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners."
    NASU

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    3,131
    Blog Entries
    21

    Re: Warning of the wheat being uprooted also?

    If harvesting killed all men and sent them to hell, ok, I see your point. uprooting the two and burning both is a possibility God keeps in his back pocket? Ripping up good grain by the roots is simply not how harvesting is done....... that's the point you need to grasp.

    in the course of harvesting crops, two things "could" be uprooted together - but that's how actual farming is done.... don't over use the analogy about farming......The parable simply explains that this crop is to be treated a specific way and with specific instructions, to treat the situation as if there were another way of doing things, expressly creates a new "possibility" to the parable, one that doesn't exist in the story.

    Do NOT to uproot any wheat at the wrong time - it's that simple.
    As the "thief" in the night, Christ is going to suddenly appear on the throne of Israel - not the antichrist.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. The Little Horn who uprooted 3 of the 10 kingdoms
    By Cyberseeker in forum End Times Chat
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: Dec 18th 2017, 05:16 PM
  2. Discussion Sifted Like Wheat
    By IMINXTC in forum Growing in Christ
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: Feb 26th 2017, 10:01 PM
  3. Wheat or chaff
    By Wall in forum Bible Chat
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: Jul 21st 2011, 12:19 AM
  4. Wheat harvest literal or spiritual?
    By Beckrl in forum End Times Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Apr 26th 2010, 10:28 PM
  5. Revealing the Wheat From the Tares
    By manichunter in forum Bible Chat
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: Jul 9th 2008, 06:31 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •