Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: the wound of the beast

Blog Entries

Re: the wound of the beast

Quote Originally Posted by randyk View Post
    It is difficult--I was just pointing out that heads can be kings. There is a lot of symbolism here. I think the Beast represents both a king and a kingdom. And I think he has both a single head and a number of heads. The single head is, I think, the 8th king. But it is also the 7th King, which is the 7th Kingdom the 8th King reigns over. If this view isn't crazy, I don't know what is?
    It is...it's all over the place and makes no actual sense. I wish you would look at it through the KJV and not see the 7 kings...past kingdoms where most had fallen and mix them into the 7 intact heads of the Rev 13:1 beast....it gets very easy and simple to understand all the symbologies.

If you can do that, then I would ask simple questions about these various verses and if you don't already see what I am saying then help that you do.
    James 4:10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

Quote Originally Posted by ewq1938 View Post
    It does not say that in a correct translation.

Rev 17:9 And here is the mind which hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth.
    Rev 17:10 And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, and the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space.
    Rev 17:11 And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goeth into perdition.
    Rev 17:12 And the ten horns which thou sawest are ten kings, which have received no kingdom as yet; but receive power as kings one hour with the beast.

So, there is a beast kingdom made up of 7 mountains and ten kings and kingdoms within it. In verse 12 it is the king described as "and the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space"

There were 6 previous versions of this same type of kingdom. Never are these past kingdoms and kings equal to any of the the 7 mountains on the 7th beast kingdom.
    The seven kings are kings, not kingdoms. They are a dynasty. The seven hills are the seven hills of Rome. Go to Rome today and the tour guide will show them to you.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Pergola View Post
    The seven kings are kings, not kingdoms. They are a dynasty. The seven hills are the seven hills of Rome. Go to Rome today and the tour guide will show them to you.
    Nope not a dynasty. Not even within a single kingdom.
    Further the supposed seven hills of Rome is also incorrect.
    At the time of Nero Rome was NOT the city of seven hills. It had only been a city of seven hills about 200 years earlier.
    It had already spread outside the Servian walls.
    Furthermore there were EIGHT hills inside Rome, with one of the seven also having two peaks.
    I have been to Rome. I have also examined maps etc.

Further there are many other places also which are cities with 7 hills.
    Jerusalem is said to have 7 - though it is originally one.
    Constantinople has 7.

There is a list of about 22 which have 7. Further the question is would this phrase have the meaning we attribute to Rome at the time Revelation was written? I don't believe so.

Quote Originally Posted by ForHisglory View Post
    Nope not a dynasty. Not even within a single kingdom.
    Further the supposed seven hills of Rome is also incorrect.
    At the time of Nero Rome was NOT the city of seven hills. It had only been a city of seven hills about 200 years earlier.
    It had already spread outside the Servian walls.
    Furthermore there were EIGHT hills inside Rome, with one of the seven also having two peaks.
    I have been to Rome. I have also examined maps etc.

Further there are many other places also which are cities with 7 hills.
    Jerusalem is said to have 7 - though it is originally one.
    Constantinople has 7.

There is a list of about 22 which have 7. Further the question is would this phrase have the meaning we attribute to Rome at the time Revelation was written? I don't believe so.
    Nero was a Pontifex Maximus.. Do you know the history/defintion of Pontifex Maximus?

Jude
    The cross is going to judge everything in your life: your eating, your drinking, your sleeping, your spending, your talking. Everything is cross-examined!

~ Leonard Ravenhill

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Pergola View Post
    The seven kings are kings, not kingdoms.
    A king always has a kingdom that's how he is a king.

They are a dynasty. The seven hills are the seven hills of Rome. Go to Rome today and the tour guide will show them to you.
    Rev 17:10 And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, and the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space.

No, they can't be shown because 6 have fallen and are gone thousands of years ago and the 7th and 8th aren't existing yet. Plus, the kings are not the mountains Rev 13 speaks of.
    James 4:10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

It is...it's all over the place and makes no actual sense. I wish you would look at it through the KJV and not see the 7 kings...past kingdoms where most had fallen and mix them into the 7 intact heads of the Rev 13:1 beast....it gets very easy and simple to understand all the symbologies.

If you can do that, then I would ask simple questions about these various verses and if you don't already see what I am saying then help that you do.
    I'm doing the best I can, brother. I appreciate you want to help. But each of us have to work through the problems as we see it. I see 7 successive Kingdoms. And I also see 10 Kings in a coalition around Antichrist. This is very simple and logical to me. But when it comes to the symbolism employed, it's a bit different. But thanks!

Blog Entries

I see 7 successive Kingdom. And I also see 10 Kings in a coalition around Antichrist. This is very simple and logical to me.
    And it's accurate but there are some things I have read that interfere with these simple and logical things.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jude View Post
    Nero was a Pontifex Maximus.. Do you know the history/defintion of Pontifex Maximus?
    Jude
    Yes I do. Nero was not the only Pontifex Maximus.
    Julius Caesar was, From Augustus onwards all the emperors were.

There are probably many threads on this, but I wish to briefly revisit it with my own spin. Do you think of Bible Prophecy as a kind of "crystal ball" session? Should we get all emotional about the news like some Prophecy Teachers, thinking that Antichrist is under every rock, or can be tagged on any current irreligious world leader?

So what about the wound of the Beast? Do you think John meant for Christians in his time to read this, and then start speculating about who the Beast was, and whether he would be "wounded" in some particular way? Or, was John referring to something that was currently understandable, and perhaps even applicable?

What would the "wound of the beast" mean to John? Would it be some future Antichrist rising up at the end of the age, and then being struck down dead, only to rise again? Though that's possible, it doesn't seem consistent to me with biblical prophecy overall. Most biblical prophecy has a current application, even if the fulfillment of the prophecy is future.

So how could the "wound of the beast" be applied in John's day? We *know* the Antichrist would be long after John's day, and still has not come yet!

I think John meant for Christians in his day to see applications of antichrist in their own day, in the same figure of the future Antichrist. They had to deal with persecution in their own day, and with the need to endure. They had to deal with the antichristian persecution of the Roman Empire.

What then was the "wound of the beast?" It would be a blow struck against the current "antichrist," which was Rome. It would be a blow against the imperial power of Rome, whether something done against Rome spiritually and legally at the cross, or physically, in 476 AD, when Rome was defeated.

In other words, seeing the wound of the Beast as a future event, with Antichrist physically struck down, does not seem to be the biblical method in prophecy. It is not about news sensationalism, or trying to pinpoint prophecies on current events, on a particular identification, on a particular act of murder, with an accompanying miracle.

Rather, the method of biblical prophecy is to instruct Christians *in all generations.* What do you think?
    How many times has the Bible been seen to be proven to be literal?

Many.

We don't have to speculate about the way the "wounded head" gets wounded, for the Bible tells us:

"...Which had the wound by the sword, and lived." Rev 13:14

Likewise, we have no need of explanation for his method of survival:

"...Whose wound to death was healed," (Rev. 13:12)

We merely, IMO, have to wait for someone to raise a statue to the man (or, a man?) that had a deadly head wound.

Then we will be apprised of the identities of both the first beast and the second.
    JER 14:13 Then said I: 'Ah, Lord GOD! behold, the prophets say unto them: Ye shall not see the sword, neither shall ye have famine; but I will give you assured peace in this place.'
    JER 14:14 Then the LORD said unto me: 'The prophets prophesy lies in My name; I sent them not, neither have I commanded them, neither spoke I unto them; they prophesy unto you a lying vision, and divination, and a thing of nought, and the deceit of their own heart.

Quote Originally Posted by dan View Post

Many.

We don't have to speculate about the way the "wounded head" gets wounded, for the Bible tells us:

We merely, IMO, have to wait for someone to raise a statue to the man (or, a man?) that had a deadly head wound.

Then we will be apprised of the identities of both the first beast and the second.
    The Wound was Rome, we had no Beast after Rome for nigh 2000 years, the gates of hell can not overcome the Church, the Church turned Rome from a Beast into a Conveyor belt of Christendom !! There can be no Beast without Israel either,(the bible is about Israel) and God saw Israel as Dead Men's Bones until 1948 when He breathed life back into those bones.

So the WOUND is of one of the Seven Heads, just like Rev. 13 says, then the Anti-Christ Conquering Jerusalem/Israel HEALS the Wound of the Seven Headed Beast, a figurative Beast. In other words there was Egypt over Israel and the Mediterranean Sea Region (MSR), then Assyria was over Israel and the MSR, and then Babylon was over Israel and the MSR, followed by Persia, Greece and Rome, all over Israel and the Mediterranean Sea Region. Then there was NO BEAST over Israel, because there was no Israel to Beast over, thus the MORTAL WOUND of the Figurative Beast.

Then 2000 years later Israel was reborn, as was the Fourth Beast via the European Union, now all we are waiting on is the Assyrian (Turk, Isaiah ch. 10) born in Greece (Dan. 8), who comes to power in the E.U. (Dan. 7). When that happens then the Beast will be REVIVED/HEALED just as Rev. 13:1-3 says, if we read it properly, it's about a BEAST with 7 Heads, thus the Leopard, Bear and Lion are all mentioned on purpose, so we know who these Beasts are.

Rev. 13:1 And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns (The 6 that is PAST and the coming Anti-Christ and 10 Kings), and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.

2 And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard (Greece), and his feet were as the feet of a bear(Persia), and his mouth as the mouth of a lion(Babylon): and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority.

3 And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death(Rome); and his deadly wound was healed (Anti-Christ CONQUERS Israel) and all the world wondered after the beast.

The previous 6 Beasts were Kingdoms, the LAST BEAST Head will be a MAN just like Rev. 13 says, he has the NUMBER of a Man 666. Rev. 17 tells us it's a Man also, there are 7 Mountains which equal 7 Kingdoms who arise, the last one is juxtaposed against 5 Kings who fell ONE which was still in power but would eventually fall as a power (Rome Mortal Wound) AND the coming Little Horn/Anti-Christ which will be the only BEAST KINGDOM to have the King that Arises also be the King that FALLS !! Which is why we get the 5 Kings that FALL in the first place, we are supposed to understand this Last Beast will be a MAN.........a one man show so to speak. When he is defeated he will be cast stright int hell as the Beast, just like Daniel and Revelation says !!

Dan. 7:11 I beheld then because of the voice of the great words which the horn spake: I beheld even till the beast was slain, and his body destroyed, and given to the burning flame.

Rev. 19:20 And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.

So THE BEAST is a MAN........Kingdoms are not cast into hell, men and Demons are. The above proves the BEAST is a Man.

Quote Originally Posted by dan View Post

Many.

The Wound was Rome, we had no Beast after Rome for nigh 2000 years, the gates of hell can not overcome the Church, the Church turned Rome from a Beast into a Conveyor belt of Christendom !! There can be no Beast without Israel either,(the bible is about Israel) and God saw Israel as Dead Men's Bones until 1948 when He breathed life back into those bones.

So the WOUND is of one of the Seven Heads, just like Rev. 13 says, then the Anti-Christ Conquering Jerusalem/Israel HEALS the Wound of the Seven Headed Beast, a figurative Beast. In other words there was Egypt over Israel and the Mediterranean Sea Region (MSR), then Assyria was over Israel and the MSR, and then Babylon was over Israel and the MSR, followed by Persia, Greece and Rome, all over Israel and the Mediterranean Sea Region. Then there was NO BEAST over Israel, because there was no Israel to Beast over, thus the MORTAL WOUND of the Figurative Beast.

Then 2000 years later Israel was reborn, as was the Fourth Beast via the European Union, now all we are waiting on is the Assyrian (Turk, Isaiah ch. 10) born in Greece (Dan. 8), who comes to power in the E.U. (Dan. 7). When that happens then the Beast will be REVIVED/HEALED just as Rev. 13:1-3 says, if we read it properly, it's about a BEAST with 7 Heads, thus the Leopard, Bear and Lion are all mentioned on purpose, so we know who these Beasts are.

Rev. 13:1 And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns (The 6 that is PAST and the coming Anti-Christ and 10 Kings), and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.

2 And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard (Greece), and his feet were as the feet of a bear(Persia), and his mouth as the mouth of a lion(Babylon): and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority.

3 And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death(Rome); and his deadly wound was healed (Anti-Christ CONQUERS Israel) and all the world wondered after the beast.

The previous 6 Beasts were Kingdoms, the LAST BEAST Head will be a MAN just like Rev. 13 says, he has the NUMBER of a Man 666. Rev. 17 tells us it's a Man also, there are 7 Mountains which equal 7 Kingdoms who arise, the last one is juxtaposed against 5 Kings who fell ONE which was still in power but would eventually fall as a power (Rome Mortal Wound) AND the coming Little Horn/Anti-Christ which will be the only BEAST KINGDOM to have the King that Arises also be the King that FALLS !! Which is why we get the 5 Kings that FALL in the first place, we are supposed to understand this Last Beast will be a MAN.........a one man show so to speak. When he is defeated he will be cast stright int hell as the Beast, just like Daniel and Revelation says !!

Dan. 7:11 I beheld then because of the voice of the great words which the horn spake: I beheld even till the beast was slain, and his body destroyed, and given to the burning flame.

Rev. 19:20 And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.

So THE BEAST is a MAN........Kingdoms are not cast into hell, men and Demons are. The above proves the BEAST is a Man.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Revelation Man View Post
    The beast is a kingdom. The second beast is a man. Men and demons aren't the only things that can be cast into the lake of fire. Did you forget this?

Rev 20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

The beast is a kingdom. The second beast is a man. Men and demons aren't the only things that can be cast into the lake of fire. Did you forget this?

Rev 20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
    The Beast is a MAN just like Daniel 7:11 and Revelation 19:20 says. How can anyone miss that ? Do you just ignore it ?

The Beast is a MAN just like Daniel 7:11 and Revelation 19:20 says. How can anyone miss that ? Do you just ignore it ?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Revelation Man View Post
    The Rev 13:1 beast is not a man nor does Rev say it is. Rev 17 explains the beast as ten kingdoms within 7 mountains.

The Roman empire appeared to die out then along came Constantine and brought it back to life..
    The cross is going to judge everything in your life: your eating, your drinking, your sleeping, your spending, your talking. Everything is cross-examined!

~ Leonard Ravenhill

The Roman empire appeared to die out then along came Constantine and brought it back to life..
    Israel was a Dead Men's Bones. The Bible is about Israel, the Beasts all Beasted over Israel, Constantine nor the British Empire nor the Ottoman Empire are Bests because there was no Israel in God's eyes anymore. Every Beast subdued Israel, why do we try and create things outside of God's reasonings ? I don't get it to be honest.

The Rev 13:1 beast is not a man nor does Rev say it is. Rev 17 explains the beast as ten kingdoms within 7 mountains.
    Rev. 13:18 Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

Dan. 7:11 I beheld then because of the voice of the great words which the horn spake: I beheld even till the beast was slain, and his body destroyed, and given to the burning flame. ADD Rev. 19:20 to that !!

The 7 Mountains are ALSO 7 Kings read the next verse man !!

Gof reduces the Kingdoms to KINGS WHO FALL.

Israel was a Dead Men's Bones. The Bible is about Israel, the Beasts all Beasted over Israel, Constantine nor the British Empire nor the Ottoman Empire are Bests because there was no Israel in God's eyes anymore. Every Beast subdued Israel, why do we try and create things outside of God's reasonings ? I don't get it to be honest.

Rev. 13:18 Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

Dan. 7:11 I beheld then because of the voice of the great words which the horn spake: I beheld even till the beast was slain, and his body destroyed, and given to the burning flame. ADD Rev. 19:20 to that !!

The 7 Mountains are ALSO 7 Kings read the next verse man !!

Gof reduces the Kingdoms to KINGS WHO FALL.

Thread Information