Thread: Chess

Chess

Anyone here play chess? My chess rating is about 1000 which is not very high but I've been trying to improve and have been doing some lessons on this app called Chess.com. It's an app for both Android and iPhone. Post your username here if you want and I'll add you so we can play.

Re: Chess

Quote Originally Posted by Christian07 View Post
    Anyone here play chess? My chess rating is about 1000 which is not very high but I've been trying to improve and have been doing some lessons on this app called Chess.com. It's an app for both Android and iPhone. Post your username here if you want and I'll add you so we can play.
    I don't play. I do visit the web site chess.com but I stick with either playing against the computer (low level setting of 3). Occasionally I win. Mostly because the computer makes obviously bad move which even I can see.

Or I stick with one of their training modules - tactics.
    "He's wild, you know. Not like a tame lion."
    C.S. Lewis, "The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe."

"Oh, but sometimes the sun stays hidden for years"
    "Sometimes the sky rains night after night, When will it clear?"

"But our Hope endures the worst of conditions"
    "It's more than our optimism, Let the earth quake"
    "Our Hope is unchanged"
    "Our Hope Endures" Natalie Grant

Blog Entries

I haven't played a person for a awhile but I've never really liked the programs or online sites. Take away the human interaction and you take away a big part of the game in my opinion.
    Day by day
    Oh Dear Lord
    Three things I pray
    To see thee more clearly
    Love thee more dearly
    Follow thee more nearly
    Day by day

I'm in agreement with Brian here. It's one on one in person game of fun. Games are fun.

I'm not good at long drawn out games. I like the quick kill. Defend to form an offensive is key.
    Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.Matt 5:6

I have set you an example that you should do as I have done for you. John 13:15

Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.
    And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.
    Matt 25:46

For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith,
    and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.
    1 Tim 6:10

Blog Entries

Great thread. Been a fan for years. Read several books and played allot. Lost tons to. Played so much got sick of it.

The books taught that if I can get one more pawn than you, I will beat you. ( not always of course ) It does work. Trade for trade, all the way down the line until I have one more piece and position than you. Bingo. Always use you King as a piece in the end game.

They also said “he who controls the Center of the board, controls the game”

First thing I do I trade queens. It throws the lesser experienced right off their game and promotes ‘tilt’

They usually can’t grasp the end game.

All I need is one pawn.
    “A” cannot be “A” & not “A” at the same time.

מקום כניעה סך הכל

Quote Originally Posted by bluesky22 View Post
    Great thread. Been a fan for years. Read several books and played allot. Lost tons to. Played so much got sick of it.

The books taught that if I can get one more pawn than you, I will beat you. ( not always of course ) It does work. Trade for trade, all the way down the line until I have one more piece and position than you. Bingo. Always use you King as a piece in the end game.

They also said “he who controls the Center of the board, controls the game”

First thing I do I trade queens. It throws the lesser experienced right off their game and promotes ‘tilt’

They usually can’t grasp the end game.

All I need is one pawn.
    Paul Morphy had some great queen sacrifices back in the day.
    Matt 9:13
    13 "But go and learn what this means: ' I DESIRE COMPASSION,AND NOT SACRIFICE,' for I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners."
    NASU

Thread Information