Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Scripture fulfillment of 2 Thess 2 ??

Scripture fulfillment of 2 Thess 2 ??

Do any believe that 2 Thess 2:3-12 has been fulfilled ??

3 Don’t let anyone deceive you in any way, for that day will not come until the rebellion occurs and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the man doomed to destruction.
    4 He will oppose and will exalt himself over everything that is called God or is worshiped, so that he sets himself up in God’s temple, proclaiming himself to be God.
    5 Don’t you remember that when I was with you I used to tell you these things?
    6 And now you know what is holding him back, so that he may be revealed at the proper time.
    7 For the secret power of lawlessness is already at work; but the one who now holds it back will continue to do so till he is taken out of the way.
    8 And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord Jesus will overthrow with the breath of his mouth and destroy by the splendor of his coming.
    9 The coming of the lawless one will be in accordance with how Satan works. He will use all sorts of displays of power through signs and wonders that serve the lie,
    10 and all the ways that wickedness deceives those who are perishing. They perish because they refused to love the truth and so be saved.
    11 For this reason God sends them a powerful delusion so that they will believe the lie
    12 and so that all will be condemned who have not believed the truth but have delighted in wickedness.
    Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.Matt 5:6

I have set you an example that you should do as I have done for you. John 13:15

Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.
    And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.
    Matt 25:46

For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith,
    and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.
    1 Tim 6:10

Re: Scripture fulfillment of 2 Thess 2 ??

Quote Originally Posted by Protective Angel View Post

3 Don’t let anyone deceive you in any way, for that day will not come until the rebellion occurs and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the man doomed to destruction.
    4 He will oppose and will exalt himself over everything that is called God or is worshiped, so that he sets himself up in God’s temple, proclaiming himself to be God.
    6 And now you know what is holding him back, so that he may be revealed at the proper time.
    7 For the secret power of lawlessness is already at work; but the one who now holds it back will continue to do so till he is taken out of the way.
    8 And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord Jesus will overthrow with the breath of his mouth and destroy by the splendor of his coming.
    9 The coming of the lawless one will be in accordance with how Satan works. He will use all sorts of displays of power through signs and wonders that serve the lie,
    10 and all the ways that wickedness deceives those who are perishing. They perish because they refused to love the truth and so be saved.
    11 For this reason God sends them a powerful delusion so that they will believe the lie
    12 and so that all will be condemned who have not believed the truth but have delighted in wickedness.
    What I believe Paul is saying to the Thessalonians is [essentially] that, "don't let any one deceive you into believing that the Day of the Lord [time period] IS PRESENT. [because] that Day will NOT be PRESENT if not shall have come The Departure FIRST... [one thing FIRST]... AND the man of sin be revealed" [once he is revealed, that time period WILL indeed BE PRESENT to unfold upon the earth over time].

So they were either currently being deceived in this regard (in the matter of being convinced [wrongly] that that time period IS PRESENT), or else in danger of being deceived in this regard... which is separate to the deception that the man of sin brings when he IS revealed ("whose coming is after the working of Satan..."), as well as the issue of [those who will] "believe the lie/the false/the pseudei" (2Th2:10-12) which occurs also during that future time period.

I assume you're asking about the first issue, the one that you have bolded in black above, which is the matter of their being deceived (or at least were at risk of being deceived) about the faulty idea that "the Day of the Lord IS PRESENT". It wasn't, and Paul explains why.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDivineWatermark View Post
    What I believe Paul is saying to the Thessalonians is [essentially] that, "don't let any one deceive you into believing that the Day of the Lord [time period] IS PRESENT. [because] that Day will NOT be PRESENT if not shall have come The Departure FIRST... [one thing FIRST]... AND the man of sin be revealed" [once he is revealed, that time period WILL indeed BE PRESENT to unfold upon the earth over time].

So they were either currently being deceived in this regard (in the matter of being convinced [wrongly] that that time period IS PRESENT), or else in danger of being deceived in this regard... which is separate to the deception that the man of sin brings when he IS revealed ("whose coming is after the working of Satan..."), as well as the issue of [those who will] "believe the lie/the false/the pseudei" (2Th2:10-12) which occurs also during that future time period.

I assume you're asking about the first issue, the one that you have bolded in black above, which is the matter of their being deceived (or at least were at risk of being deceived) about the faulty idea that "the Day of the Lord IS PRESENT". It wasn't, and Paul explains why.
    Seems like delusion abroad. Man and women changing gender. They say it's OK if your 4 year boy wants to be a girl. Men marrying men. Even gay pastors. Really!! Delusion is on the world.
    Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.Matt 5:6

I have set you an example that you should do as I have done for you. John 13:15

Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.
    And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.
    Matt 25:46

For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith,
    and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.
    1 Tim 6:10

Seems like delusion abroad. Man and women changing gender. They say it's OK if your 4 year boy wants to be a girl. Men marrying men. Even gay pastors. Really!! Delusion is on the world.
    Well, I do believe verses such as the following, refer to presently: "In whom the god of this world [of this age] hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them." 2Cor4:4. Lots of present day blindness and much deception...

however, the context of 2Th2 is referring to a couple of very specific matters, and one of them/the issues, the future "the lie/the false/the pseudei," is set in contradistinction to those who will (in that future time ['in that day']) believe the TRUTH (that is, 2Th2:10-12 versus 2Th1:10; two distinct "beliefs" [people will have] in that future time period, the time period of the "whose coming/presence/arrival" of the man of sin "IN HIS TIME" [that is, IN/DURING "the Day of the Lord" time period (DARK portion)]). IOW, I believe that "the lie/the false/the pseudei" (of this context, vv.10-12) will be something specific (and in that future time period [same time period of "the man of sin" IN HIS TIME]), rather than every random deception that occurs in our present time already.

The other matter is that [Paul is saying] for them (back then, even) not to be deceived by anyone saying [trying to convince them that] "the Day of the Lord [the time period] IS PRESENT" (It wasn't. One thing must happen "FIRST"... AND [then] that time period, involving "the man of sin... revealed," is when it is [will be] indeed "present" [this "sequence" is stated 3x in this passage, as well as agreeing with the same sequence as found in 1Th4-5]).

Paul was referring, in 2 Thes 2, to the Antichrist, who will change the holy laws of the holy people. We have a foreshadowing of Antichrist in Antiochus 4 (Dan 8 and 11), who desolated the temple worship and the Jews who were obedient to the Law of Moses. He sacrificed a pig to Zeus in the temple, and required Jews to abandon Jewish practices like circumcision and Sabbath observance.

We have that today in the antiChristian movement that began with the Enlightenment philosophes. They laid the groundwork for deChristianizing "superstitions" of the people. We've heard from Barack Obama, who felt people in Pennsylvania were backward, "clinging to their guns and to their religion." In the public schools today children are taught in the way of science, but not in the way of religion. The emphasis on multiculturalism is a dilution of any form of religious dogmatism to embrace many different religious or nonreligious paths.

Dan 7.25 He will speak against the Most High and oppress his holy people and try to change the set times and the laws.

2 Thes 2 documents this rise of Antichrist, which Paul absolutely applies to the Church. It is not so much that any particular generation of Christians should expect him as all generations should be aware that antichristianity precedes the rescue of Christ, so that we harden our resolve and determination to remain faithful and holy in the faith. We are specifically told not to expect Christ's Coming for the Church until after Antichrist arises to continue the spirit of deception that has already been present throughout the age.

2 Thes 2.7 For the secret power of lawlessness is already at work; but the one who now holds it back will continue to do so till he is taken out of the way.

It was thought, in the Early Church, that Roman Government somewhat restrained the full rise of Antichrist, since in the book of Daniel the rise of Rome, the "4th Beast," was to precede the rise of Antichrist in the midst of 10 political states.

Blog Entries

Yes I believe so. Nero fulfilled this when he set himself up as God over everything including the church which Paul tells us is the temple of God

3 Donít let anyone deceive you in any way, for that day will not come until the rebellion occurs and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the man doomed to destruction.
    4 He will oppose and will exalt himself over everything that is called God or is worshiped, so that he sets himself up in Godís temple, proclaiming himself to be God.
    5 Donít you remember that when I was with you I used to tell you these things?
    Without going into an intricate exegesis, the answer can be fathomed immediately. In verse 8 this man of wickedness will be, "... overthrown with the breath of his (Jesus') mouth and destroy by the splendor of his (Jesus's) coming". Thus, this man of iniquity must be alive at Christ's Second Coming, he must sit in a Temple of God at the time of Jesus' coming, and he must be calling himself God. It is all connected to our Lord Jesus' Second Coming. Note that the word "coming" at the end of verse 8 is "Parousia", which means "His PRESENCE". This has not happened since,
    1. there is no Temple of God now
    2. the Temple of 70 AD did not witness the "splendor" and "coming" of our Lord Jesus
    3. nobody in 70 AD was recorded as being "destroyed" by the "breath" of the Lord
    4. we have yet to see the "splendor" of the Lord
    5. we have yet to see the "Presence" of the Lord

There are more proofs in this scripture but this should suffice to say 2nd Thessalonians 2 concerning the Beast is yet future.

It is being fulfilled as we speak.

The children are demanding we give up weapons that protect us, and that will result in much unrighteousness.

The schools, the left, and police are conspiring to keep children from being arrested on felony charges, which is condoning lawlessness.

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/loca...201887629.html

To think that the left would not be delighted in the end of self-defense would be a fallacy.

https://personalliberty.com/anti-gun...ty-initiative/
    JER 14:13 Then said I: 'Ah, Lord GOD! behold, the prophets say unto them: Ye shall not see the sword, neither shall ye have famine; but I will give you assured peace in this place.'
    JER 14:14 Then the LORD said unto me: 'The prophets prophesy lies in My name; I sent them not, neither have I commanded them, neither spoke I unto them; they prophesy unto you a lying vision, and divination, and a thing of nought, and the deceit of their own heart.

Quote Originally Posted by dan View Post
    It is being fulfilled as we speak.

The children are demanding we give up weapons that protect us, and that will result in much unrighteousness.

The schools, the left, and police are conspiring to keep children from being arrested on felony charges, which is condoning lawlessness.

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/loca...201887629.html

To think that the left would not be delighted in the end of self-defense would be a fallacy.

https://personalliberty.com/anti-gun...ty-initiative/
    It's my theory, Dan, that those countries who do not let the people have weapons are more controlled by the central government. There would be very little resistance to the political policies of the government.

In the US where I reside we have the 2nd Amendment, because our government was founded on the explicit resolve to prevent a tyrannical central government. While it is true that removing guns from the population would reduce deaths by guns, this does not mean that violence would end. There are other weapons of violence.

But as I said, removing guns from the people invites a central government that sees no impediment to implementing self-serving policies. The people will soon be oppressed by such a government.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by randyk View Post
    In the US where I reside we have the 2nd Amendment, because our government was founded on the explicit resolve to prevent a tyrannical central government. While it is true that removing guns from the population would reduce deaths by guns, this does not mean that violence would end. There are other weapons of violence.
    Forgive me, I'm not American. We Europeans will never understand the American love for guns. I agree that reducing your guns doesn't mean violent crime will end, but it will certainly ameliorate mass fatalities. Everybody claims that their gun is for protection, but if your attacker has no gun, then there'll be little risk of you been shot, isn't it? In the UK, the weapon of choice is the knife, especially among the youth. Hence multiple fatalities from a single individual who woke up on the wrong side of his bed are rare.

I think it is a shame to the adults and commendable to the American youths standing up to say, enough is enough.

But as I said, removing guns from the people invites a central government that sees no impediment to implementing self-serving policies. The people will soon be oppressed by such a government.
    I find this statement rather bizarre, I don't know how guns in every home in America has ever stopped any administration bent on implementing "self-serving policies" from doing so? I am not aware of any armed insurrection of the people against their govt (US) to stop unacceptable policies? Your democracy, like most effective democracies, has proven models designed to hold the government to accountability. And they are more effect than guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Trivalee View Post
    Forgive me, I'm not American. We Europeans will never understand the American love for guns. I agree that reducing your guns doesn't mean violent crime will end, but it will certainly ameliorate mass fatalities. Everybody claims that their gun is for protection, but if your attacker has no gun, then there'll be little risk of you been shot, isn't it? In the UK, the weapon of choice is the knife, especially among the youth. Hence multiple fatalities from a single individual who woke up on the wrong side of his bed are rare.

I think it is a shame to the adults and commendable to the American youths standing up to say, enough is enough.

I find this statement rather bizarre, I don't know how guns in every home in America has ever stopped any administration bent on implementing "self-serving policies" from doing so? I am not aware of any armed insurrection of the people against their govt (US) to stop unacceptable policies? Your democracy, like most effective democracies, has proven models designed to hold the government to accountability. And they are more effect than guns.
    We are far from the heading of the thread now, but ... my two cents worth ...

I'm not a US citizen either, but randyk is correct. The US constitution is specific because from ancient times men have forced other men to be their slaves because they could not defend themselves. I see you are from London, England. How then did Cromwell and the Roundheads defeat Charles for claiming deity? Rolling pins? How then then did the young America shrug off the British colonial yoke? Not with pots and pans I dare say. And what was England's dilemma when Hitler was just across the Channel? The average Brit had to arm him/herself with pitchforks. And there are mass killings in England. The weapon of choice - fertilizers and such with nails in the explosive devise.

In Switzerland, every male has to do military service. He remains active, depending on rank, till into his 50's. During all this time he has his military issue rifle AND ammunition at home. In addition, the private ownership of weapons is not restricted. Switzerland has one of the lowest crime rates in the world. What think ye?

Then, since only law-abiding citizens (or "subjects" in the case of Great Britain), will keep any gun laws. Thus, the gun-laws will result in only criminals having weapons. This is born out by statistics in the US. The most heavily armed societies (like Texas) have the least shootouts. Why? Because every criminal knows that the next guy is probably armed. Co-inhabiting with an armed man or woman breeds courtesy.

Finally, there is a spiritual connection to all this. The prevailing world philosophy is "Gnosticism". Gnosticism teaches that man is essentially good and that his environment makes him sin, and that the solution is Knowledge (which, of course is only given to the "illumined few"). This, of course, is to blame man's inherent evil on God. But the Bible teaches that the environment is good, but that man, in his excesses, does evil. So the question that each one must settle in his/her mind, is:
    Do guns kill people or do people kill people? Maybe Cain can answer that.

Quote Originally Posted by Trivalee View Post

My conviction is that you are unaware of the power your government has over you, as it implements the policies of an elite group. And that elite group may have concerns for the population, but will inevitably impose policies that it believes to be right, for themselves, and for all others.

The trouble with this is, every philosophy and rule in history has believed this, with terrible consequences. How long do dynasties last anyway? How long will it be when a government begins to impose policies that affect one group, and then another, until all groups feel slighted, ignored, and oppressed by the rulers? Eventually, there will be a revolution.

You're wrong if you think our American government does not fit into its calculations the political and physical risk of entering homes, and taking properties. You don't see it because the 2nd Amendment is there, warning the government that oppressive policies will lead to political disaster, when blood is shed.

Beyond this, people enjoy their freedom to have guns. Some just love the art of collecting and using guns, for sport, marksmanship, hunting, etc. But we do value the protection of our homes against intruders. I don't feel bad when an intruder is shot trying to rape a woman. I don't feel bad when someone risks their life burglarizing a residence.

You may not have mass deaths from a lone gunman. But you can't avoid the inevitable revolutions that will come after a government takes control and is oppressive. History is littered with the deaths. And when a government becomes too "peaceable," there's always a Hitler to rise and take advantage of the "soft target."
    Last edited by randyk; Mar 30th 2018 at 06:19 PM.

It's my theory, Dan, that those countries who do not let the people have weapons are more controlled by the central government. There would be very little resistance to the political policies of the government.
    True, but, unfortunately, those same political entities that wish to control the people do not have the military might to protect the public, or even just the police.

So, while they might pat themselves on the back for not having a populace that could overthrow them, they have overlooked the possibility of an invading force that could.

But without a force that is larger than what is needed to guard the police stations, they have, perhaps unwittingly, dissolved their own security.
    JER 14:13 Then said I: 'Ah, Lord GOD! behold, the prophets say unto them: Ye shall not see the sword, neither shall ye have famine; but I will give you assured peace in this place.'
    JER 14:14 Then the LORD said unto me: 'The prophets prophesy lies in My name; I sent them not, neither have I commanded them, neither spoke I unto them; they prophesy unto you a lying vision, and divination, and a thing of nought, and the deceit of their own heart.

Quote Originally Posted by dan View Post
    True, but, unfortunately, those same political entities that wish to control the people do not have the military might to protect the public, or even just the police.

So, while they might pat themselves on the back for not having a populace that could overthrow them, they have overlooked the possibility of an invading force that could.
    Not really. Many, many governments in history have had a strong central government that oppressed the people and had plenty of firepower to resist invasions and defend the populace. Perhaps I'm misunderstanding you?

In fact I would say that *most* governments in history have had a strong central government, leading to inevitable abuses of power. What government, among these many, have *not* had power to defend themselves against invading armies?

My argument is that the decentralization of the central government, or a "weakened" central government, requires arming the public against a government that constantly tends towards centralization and oppression.

Blog Entries

How can it be fulfilled when verses 7 and 8 speak of the 2nd coming? Jesus hasn't returned yet and "man of lawlessness" hasn't shown up either...he's the Antichrist BTW

James 4:10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

Thread Information