Thread: "Hey Google, tell me the bible verse of the day"

"Hey Google, tell me the bible verse of the day"

Hey all,

a colleague and I developed this little app called Bible Verse of the Day for the Google Assistant which fetches an reads out a verse of the day from the bible to you (via BibleGateway.com). You can test it out on any Android phone (Android 6.0 or higher), iPhone, Google Home, Android Smartwatch, Android TV, or Android Auto. Find more info on the app here.

I hope you enjoy it

Cheers,
    Matthias

“Hey Google, tell me the bible verse of the day”

Google Assistant is a virtual personal assistant that can engage in two-way conversations and is available on mobile phones, tablets, smart watches, smart home devices as well as on Android TV and Android Auto.

We, a group of Christians at Google, thought the Assistant could be a great medium for people to engage with the Bible. So we went ahead and created an Assistant app called Bible Verse of the Day. The app will simply look up the verse of the day from the bible, read it out and display it.

After launching the Assistant* (i.e. by saying “Hey Google”, “OK Google”, or touching & holding the home button), you can trigger the app with any of the following phrases:

“Speak to Bible Verse of the Day”

“Talk to Bible Verse of the Day”

“Tell me the bible verse of the day”

“Can you tell me the bible verse of the day”

There are likely to be additional trigger phrases you could use, but the above worked successfully in our tests.

The Assistant also allows you to create your own shortcuts, so you could configure something like "Give me today's verse" to trigger the bible verse of the day app.

Right, go ahead and try it out then! And feel free to share with anyone you think might enjoy this (i.e. friends, family, colleagues, your church etc.).

If you have any feedback for us (including requests for additional languages) please fill in this form.

* Google Assistant might not be activated yet on your smartphone. Follow the steps outlined here to make sure it is enabled.

Credits:

Bible text: THE HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION®, NIV® Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.

The verse of the day is served via BibleGateway.com.

Blog Entries

Re: "Hey Google, tell me the bible verse of the day"

Very cool, thanks!
    “A” cannot be “A” & not “A” at the same time.

מקום כניעה סך הכל

Re: "Hey Google, tell me the bible verse of the day"

Hey, this app is still available today! Awesome. Thank you.

Thread Information