Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 94

Thread: "fatal wound"

  1. #76

    Re: "fatal wound"

    Quote Originally Posted by DurbanDude View Post
    It makes sense to logically narrow down the options. Every clue gets us closer to the answer. To define which kingdom of the seven consecutive kingdoms is wounded helps us define it. i narrowed it down to two possibilities.

    This wound clearly relates to the fourth beast, Rome. It's not the five heads that existed before the one that is (Rome) or the one to come. Was Rome wounded by the sword? Of course. Since then the two capitals of Rome were no longer united. They were separate kingdoms.
    Oh, I get it.

    But, in my scenario it's a real man, because there has been a man of this kind before.

    So, I have taken what the wounded head has said as his blasphemy, that, "Self-defense is no reason to have a gun," since God Loves to save a life, especially, I would think, one that hasn't accepted Christ.

    Now I am only waiting to see what group or individual makes a statue of the first beast that talks.
    JER 14:13 Then said I: 'Ah, Lord GOD! behold, the prophets say unto them: Ye shall not see the sword, neither shall ye have famine; but I will give you assured peace in this place.'
    JER 14:14 Then the LORD said unto me: 'The prophets prophesy lies in My name; I sent them not, neither have I commanded them, neither spoke I unto them; they prophesy unto you a lying vision, and divination, and a thing of nought, and the deceit of their own heart.

  2. #77
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Pacific NW, USA
    Posts
    11,795

    Re: "fatal wound"

    Quote Originally Posted by Revelation Man View Post
    Because the 8th King or the SCARLET BEAST on which the 7 heads resides is not a man nor a kingdom. He is a Demon Spirit. Just like the Red Dragon of chapter 12 is Satan, the Seven Heads are also upon him. But since Satan is the ruler, not Apollyon the crowns are shown in Rev. ch. 12 but not in Rev. ch. 17.

    We have three instances where the Seven Heads and 10 Horns are shown.

    1.) Rev. 12, the Seven Heads have Crowns because the personage being spoken about is Satan who is the King over all Kingdoms of this world. The Red Dragon.
    2.) Rev. 13, the 10 Horns have Crowns because the Anti-Christ/Beast is over the 10 Kings, and he is being spoken about in this chapter. The Beast
    3.) Rev. 17 is about Apollyon the Beast that WAS...IS NOT...YET IS. He was placed in the bottomless pit when Rome dispersed Israel. The Scarlet colored Beast.

    The Scarlet Colored Beast is a King over the Seven Heads so to speak, but since hes a Demon Spirit his Kingdom is not of this World physically speaking and Satan is over him in the Spirit world so no crowns are given unto him in Rev. ch. 17. He is Apollyon. We can see he is released from the pit in Rev. ch. 9, he then kills the Two-witnesses in Rev. ch. 11.

    We have the Dragon Beast that is over all kingdoms of the world. We have the Beast(s) of Earth who are seen as Kingdoms of earth who have Ruled, Conquered or Enslaved Israel and the Mediterranean Sea Region. We have the Scarlet Dragon who is a Demon placed over the Mediterranean Sea Region, his job was to destroy Israel.
    I might go for this if it was stated a little more explicitly. There is a basis for this in Apollyon, and in the fact the Beast "was, and is not." However, we really don't have a lot of explicit theology to go by. So I remain in search for the elusive *doctrine.*

  3. #78
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    14,644
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: "fatal wound"

    Quote Originally Posted by randyk View Post
    How did Antichrist exist as a man before the time of John?
    He didn't. The beast in the verse you quoted is the AC's government...satan has used a form of it through history which is why it existed in the past, not at John's time but was to come again which is what we see in the Rev 13:1 beast...which is not the AC. The AC is the false prophet who exercises all the power of that Rev 13:1 beast proving that it is the FP who is all powerful and is not second in command to anyone.
    James 4:10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

  4. #79
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Coastal Mountains
    Posts
    8,805

    Re: "fatal wound"

    Quote Originally Posted by DurbanDude View Post
    This Rev 17 kngdom/demon isnt given an eye or mouth like a man, so the text is referring to the kingdom/demon but NOT it's human leader.

    This Rev 17 beast is described as the 8th kingdom, so it isn't one of the seven, which got wounded, but is an 8th, one that re-appears from an entity that existed before the late first century. Was and IS NOT.

    Rev 17:8 says the unsaved inhabitants of the world will be astonished, implying that believers expect this country to re-appear. Israel is the only country I'm aware of prophetically expected to re-appear, yet had ceased to exist by the time of the writing of Revelation. And the world remains astonished at the Jewish strong presence in the Middle East after nearly 2000 years.

    2 Thessalonians 2 is clear the antichist comes to power in Jerusalem, normally any coronation type event occurs in ones capital city. This hints at Israel. Israel is also the only country that has re-appeared from long ago, expected to re-appear by believers but not unbelievers. Many countries are falling in the Middle East, replaced by Western stooges, ten Israel friendly countries surrounding Israel are being raised up for the purpose of giving Israel prominence and peace in the region. (The ten kings purpose is to give power to the beast)
    Sure this Israel beast view isn't popular. But isn't it a bit weird that the apostles had little sympathy for apostate Israel before the fall of Israel, yet now nothing has changed, Israel is still in sinful behaviour and rejecting Christ, yet now Israel is super popular in the church?

    Reality is that this current Israel will become the beast, the country from which false religion rules the world.

    When Israel achieves it's time of peace and power, it will be a time of sin. While they are happy at peace and compromised with the nations and religions around them, only a sudden war against Israel will turn them to Jesus on the day of the Lord:

    Ezekiel 39 They will forget their shame and all the unfaithfulness they showed toward me when they lived in safety in their land with no one to make them afraid.

    Joel 2 the day of the Lord is indeed great and very awesome, And who can endure it?
    12 “Yet even now,” declares the Lord,
    “Return to Me with all your heart,
    And with fasting, weeping and mourning

    Zechariah 12 And on that day I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem.
    10 “And I will pour out on the house of David and the inhabitants of Jerusalem a spirit of grace and pleas for mercy, so that, when they look on me, on him whom they have pierced, they shall mourn for him, as one mourns for an only child, and weep bitterly over him, as one weeps over a firstborn

    Yet Christians buy the propaganda of a current godly Israel. Biblically it will be a nation of shame and sin before the day of the Lord. And then, in repentance at the second coming, Israel will be raised up as head nation of Earth during the glorious Messianic Age.

  5. #80
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Clanton Alabama
    Posts
    1,130

    Re: "fatal wound"

    Quote Originally Posted by DurbanDude View Post
    Sure this Israel beast view isn't popular. But isn't it a bit weird that the apostles had little sympathy for apostate Israel before the fall of Israel, yet now nothing has changed, Israel is still in sinful behaviour and rejecting Christ, yet now Israel is super popular in the church?
    Nothing has changed? Really? Lets see God turned His back on Israel for 2000 some odd years and in 1948 God blessed Israel by breathing life back into them just as Ezekiel prophesied He would do in the last days. But nothing has changed? Oh, I understand you are speaking about Israel still serving the Law, which sadly many Christians try to do today. And thus your point is Israel still will not recognize their Messiah, the Savior, one Jesus Christ !! Well I know that, and they are not supposed to SEE until the Rapture happens, and that is exactly what Paul told us.

    Romans 9:25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in. 26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:

    27 For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins. 28 As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they are beloved for the father's sakes. 29 For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance.

    Paul is telling us, if we will just hear him, that Israel will be grafted back in, when they finally BELIEVE AGAIN. (In the PROMISED SEED [Jesus], not the LAW). And when will that happen? When did Paul say the Blindness will be lifted? Well he stated that blindness has come IN PART UNTIL, the fullness of the Gentles (Church) be come in. The he says ALL ISRAEL will be saved. Here we have to use logic/common sense. We know every Jew is not going to be saved because 2/3 are killed during the Tribulation which tells us many refuse to accept Jesus, now some might accept Christ afar and just can't make it to Petra, and thus they are killed by the Anti-Christ, but nevertheless many of the 2/3 do not accept Christ, so what does Paul mean by Quoting Isaiah that ALL ISRAEL WILL BE SAVED? Well of course he means that Abraham's seed will be preserved, just as God promised Abraham, of course. Thus Israels SEED is preserved forever, that is why God protects the Woman (Israel) in the Wilderness for 1260 Days, to preserve the seed, thus ALL ISRAEL, as a Nation/SEED is preserved forever.

    So all we are waiting on is the Rapture. Then the 70th Week comes, in that 70th week Israel atones for her sins and turns unto Jesus Christ her Messiah. Many scriptures tell us this. Zechariah 12:10 and 13:1. Malachi 4:5-6 also says that God will send Elijah back BEFORE the Great and dreadful Day of the Lord, to turn Israel back unto God.

    Reality is that this current Israel will become the beast, the country from which false religion rules the world.
    Israel can't be a Beast, by definition a Beast is one that Conquers, Enslaves or Rules over Israel.

    When Israel achieves it's time of peace and power, it will be a time of sin. While they are happy at peace and compromised with the nations and religions around them, only a sudden war against Israel will turn them to Jesus on the day of the Lord: Ezekiel 39 They will forget their shame and all the unfaithfulness they showed toward me when they lived in safety in their land with no one to make them afraid
    You are not quite painting the whole picture here. The battle is not what turns Israel unto God, the two-witnesses do that. Israel repents BEFORE the Day of the Lord. The passage you cited, when understood in full, only shows that God sanctified and separated Israel once again from the world, but Israel had to repent first, just like the 70th week decree stipulates. If God was just going to forgive them and start winning battles for them he could have done that 2000 years ago. So in that context your theory just doesn't pass the smell test brother.

    Ezekiel 39:26 After that they have borne their shame, and all their trespasses whereby they have trespassed against me, when they dwelt safely in their land, and none made them afraid. 27 When I have brought them again from the people, and gathered them out of their enemies' lands, and am sanctified in them in the sight of many nations; 28 Then shall they know that I am the Lord their God, which caused them to be led into captivity among the heathen: but I have gathered them unto their own land, and have left none of them any more there. 29 Neither will I hide my face any more from them: for I have poured out my spirit upon the house of Israel, saith the Lord God.

    So what does this mean? Well it doesn't mean God won a war for them for no reason. It means Israel has REPENTED/Been Sanctified again/Separated from the world.

    Verse 26 says AFTER....Meaning after Israel dwelt safely in their land circa 3000 (David/Solomon/Jesus) on, AND after they have born their sins and shame in other lands (Israel got dispersed the world over in 70 AD). Then God says he will gather them out of those Nations again and sanctify them (Elijah calls them to repentance) then all nations will know that I am the Lord God that brought them out of bondage, and God says He will not HIDE HIS FACE FROM THEM ANYMORE !! Like he did for 2000 years.

    In SHORT: This doesn't mean God is going to start winning battles per se for Israel, it means hes going to sanctify them first, then stop hiding His face from them. Elijah and the other Witness will turn Israel back unto their Messiah BEFORE the Day of the Lord. Thus they repent before the Abomination of Desolation(1290) and before the Holy people are SCATTERED (1260) and the Two-witnesses do that at the 1335.

    Joel 2 the day of the Lord is indeed great and very awesome, And who can endure it?
    12 “Yet even now,” declares the Lord,
    “Return to Me with all your heart,
    And with fasting, weeping and mourning
    Israel repents BEFORE the Day of the Lord. That is the crux of the question. Basically its saying TURN TO ME BEFORE THE DAY OF THE LORD, you can not survive it without Me.

    Zechariah 12 And on that day I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem.
    10 “And I will pour out on the house of David and the inhabitants of Jerusalem a spirit of grace and pleas for mercy, so that, when they look on me, on him whom they have pierced, they shall mourn for him, as one mourns for an only child, and weep bitterly over him, as one weeps over a firstborn
    IN THAT DAY...Means in the Day Israel REPENTS. Read chapter 13 for clarity on what THAT DAY MEANS !!

    Zechariah 13:1 In that day there shall be a fountain opened to the house of David and to the inhabitants of Jerusalem for sin and for uncleanness. 2 And it shall come to pass in that day, saith the Lord of hosts, that I will cut off the names of the idols out of the land, and they shall no more be remembered: and also I will cause the prophets and the unclean spirit to pass out of the land.

    So if God is POURING His Spirit upon Israel (Zechariah 12:10) and if a FOUNTAIN (Blood of Jesus) has been opened for SINS and for UNCLEANNESS, that means IN THAT DAY, Israel will have had to of REPENTED !! Amen.

    Yet Christians buy the propaganda of a current godly Israel. Biblically it will be a nation of shame and sin before the day of the Lord.
    No, we in the know understand Israel has not repented yet and that will come just after the Rapture my brother.

  6. #81
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Coastal Mountains
    Posts
    8,805

    Re: "fatal wound"

    Quote Originally Posted by Revelation Man View Post
    Nothing has changed? Really? Lets see God turned His back on Israel for 2000 some odd years and in 1948 God blessed Israel by breathing life back into them just as Ezekiel prophesied He would do in the last days. But nothing has changed? Oh, I understand you are speaking about Israel still serving the Law, which sadly many Christians try to do today. And thus your point is Israel still will not recognize their Messiah, the Savior, one Jesus Christ !! Well I know that, and they are not supposed to SEE until the Rapture happens, and that is exactly what Paul told us.

    Romans 9:25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in. 26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:

    27 For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins. 28 As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they are beloved for the father's sakes. 29 For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance.

    Paul is telling us, if we will just hear him, that Israel will be grafted back in, when they finally BELIEVE AGAIN. (In the PROMISED SEED [Jesus], not the LAW). And when will that happen? When did Paul say the Blindness will be lifted? Well he stated that blindness has come IN PART UNTIL, the fullness of the Gentles (Church) be come in. The he says ALL ISRAEL will be saved. Here we have to use logic/common sense. We know every Jew is not going to be saved because 2/3 are killed during the Tribulation which tells us many refuse to accept Jesus, now some might accept Christ afar and just can't make it to Petra, and thus they are killed by the Anti-Christ, but nevertheless many of the 2/3 do not accept Christ, so what does Paul mean by Quoting Isaiah that ALL ISRAEL WILL BE SAVED? Well of course he means that Abraham's seed will be preserved, just as God promised Abraham, of course. Thus Israels SEED is preserved forever, that is why God protects the Woman (Israel) in the Wilderness for 1260 Days, to preserve the seed, thus ALL ISRAEL, as a Nation/SEED is preserved forever.

    So all we are waiting on is the Rapture. Then the 70th Week comes, in that 70th week Israel atones for her sins and turns unto Jesus Christ her Messiah. Many scriptures tell us this. Zechariah 12:10 and 13:1. Malachi 4:5-6 also says that God will send Elijah back BEFORE the Great and dreadful Day of the Lord, to turn Israel back unto God.


    Israel can't be a Beast, by definition a Beast is one that Conquers, Enslaves or Rules over Israel.



    You are not quite painting the whole picture here. The battle is not what turns Israel unto God, the two-witnesses do that. Israel repents BEFORE the Day of the Lord. The passage you cited, when understood in full, only shows that God sanctified and separated Israel once again from the world, but Israel had to repent first, just like the 70th week decree stipulates. If God was just going to forgive them and start winning battles for them he could have done that 2000 years ago. So in that context yor theory just doesn't pass the smell test brother.

    Ezekiel 39:26 After that they have borne their shame, and all their trespasses whereby they have trespassed against me, when they dwelt safely in their land, and none made them afraid. 27 When I have brought them again from the people, and gathered them out of their enemies' lands, and am sanctified in them in the sight of many nations; 28 Then shall they know that I am the Lord their God, which caused them to be led into captivity among the heathen: but I have gathered them unto their own land, and have left none of them any more there. 29 Neither will I hide my face any more from them: for I have poured out my spirit upon the house of Israel, saith the Lord God.

    So what does this mean? Well it doesn't mean God won a war for them for no reason. It means Israel has REPENTED/Been Sanctified again/Separated from the world.

    Verse 26 says AFTER....Meaning after Israel dwelt safely in their land circa 3000 (David/Solomon/Jesus) on, AND after they have born their sins and shame in other lands (Israel got dispersed the world over in 70 AD). Then God says he will gather them out of those Nations again and sanctify them (Elijah calls them to repentance) then all nations will know that I am the Lord God that brought them out of bondage, and God says He will not HIDE HIS FACE FROM THEM ANYMORE !! Like he did for 2000 years.

    In SHORT: This doesn't mean God is going to start winning battles per se for Israel, it means hes going to sanctify them first, then stop hiding His face from them. Elijah and the other Witness will turn Israel back unto their Messiah BEFORE the Day of the Lord. Thus they repent before the Abomination of Desolation(1290) and before the Holy people are SCATTERED (1260) and the Two-witnesses do that at the 1335.


    Israel repents BEFORE the Day of the Lord. That is the crux of the question. Basically its saying TURN TO ME BEFORE THE DAY OF THE LORD, you can not survive it without Me.



    IN THAT DAY...Means in the Day Israel REPENTS. Read chapter 13 for clarity on what THAT DAY MEANS !!

    Zechariah 13:1 In that day there shall be a fountain opened to the house of David and to the inhabitants of Jerusalem for sin and for uncleanness. 2 And it shall come to pass in that day, saith the Lord of hosts, that I will cut off the names of the idols out of the land, and they shall no more be remembered: and also I will cause the prophets and the unclean spirit to pass out of the land.

    So if God is POURING His Spirit upon Israel (Zechariah 12:10) and if a FOUNTAIN (Blood of Jesus) has been opened for SINS and for UNCLEANNESS, that means IN THAT DAY, Israel will have had to of REPENTED !! Amen.


    No, we in the know understand Israel has not repented yet and that will come just after the Rapture my brother.
    Sure there will be a revival among Jews in the few years before the second coming. And I certainly agree with you that the two witnesses will contribute towards this.

    And there will be national repentance when the armies are approaching Jerusalem, as per the verses I quoted, no doubt there.

    Then after that the Messianic Age, when Israel is restored and forefront of the nations.

    But until then, in the last few years the antichist will be their false Messiah, coming to power in Jerusalem.

  7. #82
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Clanton Alabama
    Posts
    1,130

    Re: "fatal wound"

    Quote Originally Posted by DurbanDude View Post
    Sure there will be a revival among Jews in the few years before the second coming. And I certainly agree with you that the two witnesses will contribute towards this.

    And there will be national repentance when the armies are approaching Jerusalem, as per the verses I quoted, no doubt there.

    Then after that the Messianic Age, when Israel is restored and forefront of the nations.

    But until then, in the last few years the antichist will be their false Messiah, coming to power in Jerusalem.
    That never happens brother and nowhere in scriptures is it even insinuated. I got a brother to TRY AND FIND IT, and then he changed his mind.

    The Day of the Lord is Gods Wrath, and it starts with the very first seal. Malachi 4:5-6 says Elijah turns Israel back unto God BEFORE the great and dreadful Day of the Lord.

    Why would Israel FLEE unto the Wilderness as Jesus asked them to do if they were not HEEDING his word before the Abomination of Desolation? I can never get a answer on that one. Its because Israel repents before the 1290 (AoD) and thus FLEE at the 1260 (Holy people are SCATTERED) and that is because the Two-witnesses show up at the 1335. Thus they never accept this ANTI-CHRIST who Conquers them at the 1260 !!

  8. #83
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Coastal Mountains
    Posts
    8,805

    Re: "fatal wound"

    Quote Originally Posted by Revelation Man View Post
    That never happens brother and nowhere in scriptures is it even insinuated. I got a brother to TRY AND FIND IT, and then he changed his mind.

    The Day of the Lord is Gods Wrath, and it starts with the very first seal. Malachi 4:5-6 says Elijah turns Israel back unto God BEFORE the great and dreadful Day of the Lord.

    Why would Israel FLEE unto the Wilderness as Jesus asked them to do if they were not HEEDING his word before the Abomination of Desolation? I can never get a answer on that one. Its because Israel repents before the 1290 (AoD) and thus FLEE at the 1260 (Holy people are SCATTERED) and that is because the Two-witnesses show up at the 1335. Thus they never accept this ANTI-CHRIST who Conquers them at the 1260 !!
    Sorry I disagree. Just like in the days of Antiochus, there will be a faithful remnant and a deceived majority. Non compromising Jews will flee, the rest will stay in safety in Israel until the northern army attacks.

    Joel 2 describes the sinful state of Israel right until the day of the Lord. So the beast reigns at the same time as Israel is in sin.

  9. #84
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    8,263
    Blog Entries
    13

    Re: "fatal wound"

    Quote Originally Posted by DurbanDude View Post
    Sorry I disagree. Just like in the days of Antiochus, there will be a faithful remnant and a deceived majority. Non compromising Jews will flee, the rest will stay in safety in Israel until the northern army attacks.

    Joel 2 describes the sinful state of Israel right until the day of the Lord. So the beast reigns at the same time as Israel is in sin.
    Right-O brother. You hit the nail on the head. The few believing called "the remnants" will flee into the desert, but the majority will remain in Jerusalem and will be slaughtered by the AC. If in anyone is in doubt, let them read Isaiah...

  10. #85
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Coastal Mountains
    Posts
    8,805

    Re: "fatal wound"

    Quote Originally Posted by Trivalee View Post
    Right-O brother. You hit the nail on the head. The few believing called "the remnants" will flee into the desert, but the majority will remain in Jerusalem and will be slaughtered by the AC. If in anyone is in doubt, let them read Isaiah...
    We differ on some things, agree on others.

    I believe the deceived will happily remain in Jerusalem under the antichrist's rule. Not slaughtered by him because they have aligned themselves with him. Only when there is this surprise attack from the north and east, then they will think twice about how holy their false "anointed one" is. That's when they will turn to Jesus to help them.

  11. #86
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Clanton Alabama
    Posts
    1,130

    Re: "fatal wound"

    Quote Originally Posted by DurbanDude View Post
    Sorry I disagree. Just like in the days of Antiochus, there will be a faithful remnant and a deceived majority. Non compromising Jews will flee, the rest will stay in safety in Israel until the northern army attacks.

    Joel 2 describes the sinful state of Israel right until the day of the Lord. So the beast reigns at the same time as Israel is in sin.
    So there is a Remnant that listens to God that hasn't turned to Jesus as the Messiah? That makes no sense, to listen to or heed God they have to have REPENTED. And that is exactly what I stated will happen. And this Anti-Christ doesn't move in and become Israel's SUPPOSED King, he Conquers Jerusalem/Israel at the 1260. So he starts out killing Jews, not trying to be their King. He says HE IS God, he make no pretense about being some Messiah of the Jews. Now there will be a lot of the Jews who are advocating that the Jews should not be a Religious type state, its the new norm, the progressives/liberals don't serve gods, they serve MANKIND (Humanism) thus it makes perfect sense that they will declare a man AS GOD but they are not looking for a Messiah of their Fathers, they are looking doe a Humanistic Savior. The progressive types do not believe in ANY God !! They just don't. They see Jesus/Messiah as likened unto Zeus, Jupiter etc. etc.

    So there will be some that are Humanists, just like the Beast who doesn't believe in any Gods either. Just like Daniel 11:37 says. There will be some that adhere to the old customs/laws and refuse to follow Jesus Christ, as a matter of fact I think the False Prophet is a Rabbi who is seething that Israel turned to Jesus as their Messiah and he throws in with the Man of Sin out of Spite. The Beast does not reign before the children of Israel REPENT, but not all of them REPENT, but all men are IN SIN anyway. The Scriptures tell us plainly that Israel turns back to God BEFORE the Day of the Lord.

    Many of the slaughtered Jews will be in foreign countries. They will be like the Remnant Church who are Beheaded in Rev. 12:17, they will not be protected unless they make it to Petra. That doesn't mean they don't repent, so we have no way of knowing how many of the 2/3 that die do so having ACCEPTED Jesus Christ as their Messiah.

    The most often quoted passage is quoted wrongly.

    John 5:43 I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive.

    This is Jesus talking to the Pharisees, and this was fulfilled before 70 AD, the Pharisees thinking (RIGHTLY SO) that Rome was the Fourth Beast tried to force forth a MESSIAH a few times because they were expecting the Little Horn to come forth at any moment. Of course they Failed because Jesus had already come, they didn't realize the Little Horn wouldn't come for another 2000 some odd years.

    So that prophesy was told face to face to those Jewish Pharisees. And it was fulfilled 2000 years ago.

    Israel REPENTS before the Day of the Lord this time. The Two-Witnesses show up 75 days before the Day of the Lord.

  12. #87
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Coastal Mountains
    Posts
    8,805

    Re: "fatal wound"

    Quote Originally Posted by Revelation Man View Post
    So there is a Remnant that listens to God that hasn't turned to Jesus as the Messiah? That makes no sense, to listen to or heed God they have to have REPENTED. And that is exactly what I stated will happen. And this Anti-Christ doesn't move in and become Israel's SUPPOSED King, he Conquers Jerusalem/Israel at the 1260. So he starts out killing Jews, not trying to be their King. He says HE IS God, he make no pretense about being some Messiah of the Jews. Now there will be a lot of the Jews who are advocating that the Jews should not be a Religious type state, its the new norm, the progressives/liberals don't serve gods, they serve MANKIND (Humanism) thus it makes perfect sense that they will declare a man AS GOD but they are not looking for a Messiah of their Fathers, they are looking doe a Humanistic Savior. The progressive types do not believe in ANY God !! They just don't. They see Jesus/Messiah as likened unto Zeus, Jupiter etc. etc.

    So there will be some that are Humanists, just like the Beast who doesn't believe in any Gods either. Just like Daniel 11:37 says. There will be some that adhere to the old customs/laws and refuse to follow Jesus Christ, as a matter of fact I think the False Prophet is a Rabbi who is seething that Israel turned to Jesus as their Messiah and he throws in with the Man of Sin out of Spite. The Beast does not reign before the children of Israel REPENT, but not all of them REPENT, but all men are IN SIN anyway. The Scriptures tell us plainly that Israel turns back to God BEFORE the Day of the Lord.

    Many of the slaughtered Jews will be in foreign countries. They will be like the Remnant Church who are Beheaded in Rev. 12:17, they will not be protected unless they make it to Petra. That doesn't mean they don't repent, so we have no way of knowing how many of the 2/3 that die do so having ACCEPTED Jesus Christ as their Messiah.

    The most often quoted passage is quoted wrongly.

    John 5:43 I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive.

    This is Jesus talking to the Pharisees, and this was fulfilled before 70 AD, the Pharisees thinking (RIGHTLY SO) that Rome was the Fourth Beast tried to force forth a MESSIAH a few times because they were expecting the Little Horn to come forth at any moment. Of course they Failed because Jesus had already come, they didn't realize the Little Horn wouldn't come for another 2000 some odd years.

    So that prophesy was told face to face to those Jewish Pharisees. And it was fulfilled 2000 years ago.

    Israel REPENTS before the Day of the Lord this time. The Two-Witnesses show up 75 days before the Day of the Lord.
    Nah, Jesus warned Jews of false Messiahs in the last days. Therefore there shall be false Messiahs in the last days

    24 For false messiahs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect

    Great signs and wonders are specifically associated with the AC, for example the beast given a mouth of Rev 13 and the man of sin of 2 Thess 2.

    Therefore the AC will be a false Messiah. The overlap of timing and description is too strong.

  13. #88
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    14,644
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: "fatal wound"

    Quote Originally Posted by DurbanDude View Post

    Therefore the AC will be a false Messiah. The overlap of timing and description is too strong.
    Yes and I believe he will claim to be Jesus returned for the second coming.
    James 4:10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

  14. #89
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Pacific NW, USA
    Posts
    11,795

    Re: "fatal wound"

    Quote Originally Posted by ewq1938 View Post
    He didn't. The beast in the verse you quoted is the AC's government...satan has used a form of it through history which is why it existed in the past, not at John's time but was to come again which is what we see in the Rev 13:1 beast...which is not the AC. The AC is the false prophet who exercises all the power of that Rev 13:1 beast proving that it is the FP who is all powerful and is not second in command to anyone.
    That isn't a very satisfying explanation. Satan has used a form of it through history? What kind of argument is that? Do you really think John's readers read about this one who "was, is not, and is to come," and said, "Of course, I should've seen it! It was Satan in some ambiguous form in history. I should've known!"

    I'm not even saying there isn't truth in that. There may be. But your explanation falls far short.

    My own consideration is that spirit of Antichrist may have been present to murder Jesus, and was defeated at the resurrection of Jesus. Paul said that the spirit of lawlessness is, however, still present, and will cause the Antichrist to physically emerge in the endtimes.

  15. #90
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    14,644
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: "fatal wound"

    Quote Originally Posted by randyk View Post
    That isn't a very satisfying explanation. Satan has used a form of it through history? What kind of argument is that? Do you really think John's readers read about this one who "was, is not, and is to come," and said, "Of course, I should've seen it! It was Satan in some ambiguous form in history. I should've known!"
    Few of John's readers will understand. I assume that is intentional. As for the beast government being used through history, that's all in Rev 17 and even in Rev 12 it is hinted at since Satan has 7 heads and ten horns prior to the actual rise of the Rev 13:1 beast who, WOW, has 7 heads and ten horns also!
    James 4:10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 140
    Last Post: May 5th 2018, 07:07 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: Jan 23rd 2016, 11:56 PM
  3. The Antichrist: Fatal wound
    By DurbanDude in forum End Times Chat
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: Oct 24th 2015, 08:54 PM
  4. the first beast's fatal head wound
    By Nihil Obstat in forum Bible Chat
    Replies: 62
    Last Post: Mar 28th 2009, 09:16 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •