Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Heaven?

Heaven?

Our Pastor is doing a series on Heaven. He asked people to send him questions they have about heaven. What would your's be? Here's a couple that I had; 1. Are we cognizant of the agony our loved ones are experiencing in Hell? If so how could it be Heaven? If not does God take away our memories of Earth? 2. Are people in Heaven aware of what's going on in our present realities? If so do the decisions we make upset them and wouldn't that bring misery to Heaven?

Blog Entries

Re: Heaven?

I think if the Bible doesn't answer our questions, we are speculating...and that can be detrimental.

But I do know one thing about heaven...

"Eye has not seen, nor ear heard,
    Nor have entered into the heart of man
    The things which God has prepared for those who love Him."
    Those who seek God with all their heart will find Him and be given sight. Those who seek their own agenda will remain blind.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GraceX2 View Post
    Our Pastor is doing a series on Heaven. He asked people to send him questions they have about heaven. What would your's be? Here's a couple that I had; 1. Are we cognizant of the agony our loved ones are experiencing in Hell? If so how could it be Heaven? If not does God take away our memories of Earth? 2. Are people in Heaven aware of what's going on in our present realities? If so do the decisions we make upset them and wouldn't that bring misery to Heaven?
    1 Corinthians 4:9 "For I think that God hath set forth us the apostles last, as it were appointed to death: for we are made a spectacle unto the world, and to angels, and to men."

Matthew 18:10 Take heed that ye despise not one of these little ones; for I say unto you, That in heaven their angels do always behold the face of my Father which is in heaven.

Luke 15:7 I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance.

Luke 15:10 Likewise, I say unto you, there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner that repenteth.
    James 4:10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

Many many years ago I had the same concerns and the Lord gave the following verse. I should first say I could not remember the verse so I had to look it up. First read Revelation 21:1-4 and pasy special attention to vs4, "and He/God shall wipe away every tear from their eyes; and there shall no long be any death; there shall no longer be any mourning, or cyring, or pain; THE FIRST THINGS HAVE PASSED AWAY."

IN GOD THE SON,
    maverick

Are there any verses that directly say that dead men and women go to heaven? In Acts 2:29-34 we have an interesting fact. It is 50 days after our Lord Jesus was resurrected, and ten days after our Lord Jesus went to heaven BODILY. But Peter, under inspiration, says of David in the present tense ...
    verse 29 Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day.
    verse 34 For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand,"

Can a dead man, who is both "naked" and "unclean" in death, go to heaven? And then, how do the dead RISE in resurrection when they are already ABOVE?

Our Pastor is doing a series on Heaven. He asked people to send him questions they have about heaven. What would your's be? Here's a couple that I had;

1. Are we cognizant of the agony our loved ones are experiencing in Hell?
    If so how could it be Heaven?
    If not does God take away our memories of Earth?

2. Are people in Heaven aware of what's going on in our present realities?
    If so do the decisions we make upset them and wouldn't that bring misery to Heaven?
    1. Several places in scripture tell us the Lord will wipe away our tears and comfort us, and any sorrow will be temporary, and not continuing.

Isaiah 25:8 "He will swallow up death in victory; and the Lord GOD will wipe away tears from off all faces"

Isaiah 65:17 "For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind. But be ye glad and rejoice for ever in that which I create: for, behold, I create Jerusalem a rejoicing, and her people a joy. And I will rejoice in Jerusalem, and joy in my people: and the voice of weeping shall be no more heard in her, nor the voice of crying."

Revelation 7:17 "For the Lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them, and shall lead them unto living fountains of waters: and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes."

Revelation 21:4 "And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away."

Revelation 21:24, 22:2 "21:24 And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it. In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations. And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him:

Because the Lord will remove all sorrow.

We do not know for sure how; nor do we know for sure what earthly memories we may or may not retain; but I would expect we will have full understanding, and at that time, any sorrow would be justified, once we know all we will know. Christ's glory will overshadow all pain or sorrow.

2. I think the joy is so overwhelming to them; they do not get upset over our failures. Remember, there is no sin there; so no 'getting upset' and no 'misery'.
    At the least, I'm sure they are hopeful and prayerful for our success down here; and our eventual reunion with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Walls View Post
    Are there any verses that directly say that dead men and women go to heaven? In Acts 2:29-34 we have an interesting fact. It is 50 days after our Lord Jesus was resurrected, and ten days after our Lord Jesus went to heaven BODILY. But Peter, under inspiration, says of David in the present tense ...
    verse 29 Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day.
    verse 34 For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand,"

Can a dead man, who is both "naked" and "unclean" in death, go to heaven? And then, how do the dead RISE in resurrection when they are already ABOVE?
    I have always wondered if the apostle Paul, who is asleep in Jesus, is dead in Christ?

Quote Originally Posted by Walls View Post

You have to discern between the context of the passages about 'going to heaven'....to know the answer.

Passages that are talking about the dead body of a person, tell us the body goes to the grave to await the resurrection.
    Other passage that are talking about the spirit of a person, tell us the spirit goes to be with the Lord at death.

Use Jesus on the cross as your example.

Yes, he died and His body was taken down and put in the grave; and His body did not go to the Father in Heaven at the time of His death.

But Jesus, like us, are more than just a body alone. We have an immaterial spirit as well that is not bound by the grave like our body is.

However, 3 times on the cross; Jesus is mentioned in relation to his Spirit.....(Father Into thy hands I commend my spirit, -- today thou shalt be with me in paradise, -- and Jesus bowed His head and gave up the ghost)

Quote Originally Posted by percho View Post
    I have always wondered if the apostle Paul, who is asleep in Jesus, is dead in Christ?
    To begin with, the only thing sleeping is Paul's body. Please don't try to being the false doctrine of soul sleep into Bible Chat.

Blog Entries

All true Christians that die are the "dead in Christ".
    James 4:10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

Blog Entries

"Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent."

Eternal life begins at this point.
    Those who seek God with all their heart will find Him and be given sight. Those who seek their own agenda will remain blind.

Has one already inherited eternal life? Has the adoption already taken place?

Or because of having the Spirit of Adoption, does that make ones, heirs of the hope of eternal life, groaning within ourselves awaiting the adoption.

I will not even give the scriptures because each of you already know them.

Which (The Holy Spirit from V 5) he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour; That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life. Titus 3:6,7

When did you become an heir? When will you be an inheritor?

Has one already inherited eternal life? Has the adoption already taken place?
    When did you become an heir? When will you be an inheritor?
    II Corinthians 5:16 "Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more. Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new."

John 3:35 "The Father loveth the Son, and hath given all things into his hand. He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him."

John 5:24 "Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life."

John 6:47 "Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life. "

John 10:10 "The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly."

I John 5:11 "And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life. These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life"

Quote Originally Posted by keck553 View Post
    I think if the Bible doesn't answer our questions, we are speculating...and that can be detrimental.

But I do know one thing about heaven...

"Eye has not seen, nor ear heard,
    Nor have entered into the heart of man
    The things which God has prepared for those who love Him."
    Aren't we speculation about a lot already. The truth is is that scripture says very little about Heaven.

He is. 1st Thessalonians 4:16 is about Christians - the Church, and Paul is a member of the Church. He must wait for the "last Trumpet" to RISE - showing that he is BELOW as Acts 2 says.

Thread Information