Thread: Where to go from belief?

Where to go from belief?

Hi guys/gals,

So I came to these forums a while back, in my doubt, desperately wanting to believe in God and connect with him. I am now at the stage where I have no doubts. I have been doing a lot of research about the gospels and history and it just continues to give me confidence in my belief. I found some talks with a guy called John Lennox and they are brilliant.

So I still have not gone to church yet and still kind of scared about that but the more time goes on I think I need to take that step.

My main question though is where do I go from here in my daily life with people that do not believe? The reason I say this is, I have become so grounded in my belief by the facts I have found/read that I wonder if I should start to share this with others. I almost feel like the more I learn the more I need to share before I burst, does that make sense?

The trouble is I am not sure if I am qualified to do it as I have not even finished reading the bible yet and I am really just starting out. Also, I don't want people to feel I am being overbearing and trying to push my beliefs on others. What is it they say "Never talk about religion or Politics" lol. I am also a very shy person so I am not even sure where this need to share is coming from as the thought of doing it is a bit terrifying as well lol.

Anyways, I wondered what other Christians out thought and what advice you could give.

Thank you in advance.

Peace

Blog Entries

Re: Where to go from belief?

Quote Originally Posted by Belief View Post
    Hi guys/gals,

So I came to these forums a while back, in my doubt, desperately wanting to believe in God and connect with him. I am now at the stage where I have no doubts. I have been doing a lot of research about the gospels and history and it just continues to give me confidence in my belief. I found some talks with a guy called John Lennox and they are brilliant.

So I still have not gone to church yet and still kind of scared about that but the more time goes on I think I need to take that step.

My main question though is where do I go from here in my daily life with people that do not believe? The reason I say this is, I have become so grounded in my belief by the facts I have found/read that I wonder if I should start to share this with others. I almost feel like the more I learn the more I need to share before I burst, does that make sense?

The trouble is I am not sure if I am qualified to do it as I have not even finished reading the bible yet and I am really just starting out. Also, I don't want people to feel I am being overbearing and trying to push my beliefs on others. What is it they say "Never talk about religion or Politics" lol. I am also a very shy person so I am not even sure where this need to share is coming from as the thought of doing it is a bit terrifying as well lol.

Anyways, I wondered what other Christians out thought and what advice you could give.

Thank you in advance.

Peace
    If you have a little money you can spend (under $20) go to Amazon or Barnes & Noble or STR.ORG and get a small book by Greg Koukl titled “Tactics”. Great for quiet people or people who aren’t scholars about how to engage people in conversation.

The book isn’t expensive but it’s worth about $1,000,000 in my opinion.

In essentials, unity; in non-essentials, liberty; in all things, charity. - Rupertus Meldenius

Read your Bible and pray every single day. - Pastor Jon Courson

If your grace ain't greasier than a bucket full of chitlin's and gravy, you might be a legalist - an internet friend.

Thanks, I will check it out.

Found the book and it looks interesting so I ordered it, I also found one by a gentleman name frank Turek which looks good as well.

Thread Information