Thread: Churches handling personal issues

Churches handling personal issues

My mom left my dad, I hqd no idea but he uses drugs and apparently had increased his intakr, so she left and took me with her. The long term church she attended started pointing fingers and whisperings happened, so she left.

She began attending another church for several months and decided she wanted to join. She took the membership cladd and signed up to be interviewed by an elder. At this interview, they asked about my dad and she told them the truth. They told her at this time they would put off membership because tphe wanted her to go to one of their counselors in order to see if she should join the church, he told her a counselor would call her. She, along with everyone else was shocked. She left there. They never called either.

The Christian counselor she was seeing at that time told her she should go to a liberal church, he ended up being Lutheran.

Now she attends a much smaller church, she likes it but no one knows what is going on with her. She attends a prayer meeting, she prays for them and asks for prayer with basic requests. She knows not to say anything.

What is up with churches today? Seriously, tossing one of their own out.

It has given me a bad taste for churches, pastors and all "religious" types. If you can't even attemp to act like Christ, then maybe they are in the wrong place.

Last night she was tellung me other stuff with churched and my dad and it all the behavior makes me want to run far away from the church...and to God! Thank God HE welcomes us with oprn arms!!

I can't help but think God is showing us something about churches today, or that church is not really for this.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Re: Churches handling personal issues

2 churches is a vary small sample size. I've never seen that in any of the churches I've been a member of. Not even the cult. Look around more.
    9 Let us not lose heart in doing good, for in due time we will reap if we do not grow weary. 10 So then, while we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, and especially to those who are of the household of the faith. - Galatians 6:9-10 NASB

Re: Churches handling personal issues

Quote Originally Posted by jesusinmylife View Post
    2 churches is a vary small sample size. I've never seen that in any of the churches I've been a member of. Not even the cult. Look around more.
    Regardless, it happened. She has gone to many in the area, most are liberal and thankfully she doesn't buy into that. The one that rejected her is well known, about 5,000 members.

Why is it believers just push this under the rug and act like it didn't happen, it's rejected.

The church doesn't have the greatest reputation overall, how could you not hear? lol

How do we fix this problem in our churches? Is it fixable?

Thread Information