Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HA HA Going Home today HA

Blog Entries

Re: HA HA Going Home today HA

Quote Originally Posted by jesusinmylife View Post
    Sure. There are many one horned animals. But only the unicorn is called the unicorn.
    Nope. Any one horned animal could be called a unicorn. There isn't and never was a magical horse with one horn.

Strongs even says it was a bull.

H7214
    רם רים ראים ראם
    re'êm re'êym rêym rêm
    reh-ame', reh-ame', rame, rame
    From H7213; a wild bull (from its conspicuousness): - unicorn.
    James 4:10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

While I believe it is highly probable that Scripture is referring to a one horned bull in ancient history, I think it would be funny if everyone was wrong and a one horned horse did indeed exist at some point in history. Granted, I am not saying they existed. I am just saying we do not know for sure. I think it would be funny if God showed us one day this animal in his new kingdom.
    "You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind.This is the first and great commandment.And the second is like unto it, You shall love your neighbor as yourself." (Matthew 22:37-39).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jason0047 View Post
    While I believe it is highly probable that Scripture is referring to a one horned bull in ancient history, I think it would be funny if everyone was wrong and a one horned horse did indeed exist at some point in history. Granted, I am not saying they existed. I am just saying we do not know for sure. I think it would be funny if God showed us one day this animal in his new kingdom.

http://content.time.com/time/health/...814227,00.html

The whole article is interesting but only posting this part here:

A translation error, when Hebrew scripture was rendered into Greek, added to the allure of the creature now known as the unicorn. The wild ox, a now-extinct creature rendered in bas relief profiles with one horn, was translated in Greek as monokeros or one-horned. In the Latin bible of the Christian world that became unicornos and "unicorn" by the time the English translators of King James got to work. And so, God impresses His power upon Job by saying, "Will the unicorn be willing to serve thee, or abide by thy crib? Canst thou bind the unicorn with his band in the furrow? or will he harrow the valleys after thee?"
    James 4:10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

Quote Originally Posted by ewq1938 View Post
    http://content.time.com/time/health/...814227,00.html

The whole article is interesting but only posting this part here:
    I just now recall reading about a legend about a discovery of a grey horse with one horn. I am trying to find the website of where I read it, but I cannot find it.
    "You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind.This is the first and great commandment.And the second is like unto it, You shall love your neighbor as yourself." (Matthew 22:37-39).

Quote Originally Posted by ewq1938 View Post
    Nope. Any one horned animal could be called a unicorn. There isn't and never was a magical horse with one horn.

Strongs even says it was a bull.

H7214
    רם רים ראים ראם
    re'êm re'êym rêym rêm
    reh-ame', reh-ame', rame, rame
    From H7213; a wild bull (from its conspicuousness): - unicorn.
    That's the problem with Strongs. It's based off the KJB. So of course it's gonna agree with its own incorrect translation. If it's a bull, say bull. That's the issue with the poetic nature of that version
    9 Let us not lose heart in doing good, for in due time we will reap if we do not grow weary. 10 So then, while we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, and especially to those who are of the household of the faith. - Galatians 6:9-10 NASB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jesusinmylife View Post
    That's the problem with Strongs. It's based off the KJB. So of course it's gonna agree with its own incorrect translation. If it's a bull, say bull. That's the issue with the poetic nature of that version
    Post 18 explains why it was translated as a unicorn. Thayer's concordance agrees with the Strong's anyways. And, a bull fits the context perfectly because God is mocking Job because naturally a bull isn't going to do the things God mentions.

Blog Entries

Ok, so know "they" are saying its Monday, April 23rd.

That can't be, I have a dentist appointment on the 25th.
    Those who seek God with all their heart will find Him and be given sight. Those who seek their own agenda will remain blind.

Thread Information