Thread: A strange experience in my youth

Help A strange experience in my youth

Many years ago when I was about 18 or 19 in the Montreal area, I was on my way to my mother's place when I was approached by 2 men about 30ish with short hair and facial hair while at a crosswalk waiting for the light to change. I assumed they just got off the bus that just passed through the intersection. They wanted to tell me about God. I was curious to hear what they had to say. They spoke such sweet words making me wanting to hear more and more that after listening to them for awhile I was in a trance like state and everything looked like I was in a foggy haze. Then they offered to take me down to the river and baptize me. I felt compelled to go with them wanting to please God and yet a part of me tried to get away afraid they wanted to drown me or something else. Montreal has it's share of crazy people. I got away from them finally after they followed me to my mother's place and I told her what happened. She threw them out and they called her satan. I was already a messed up kid at the time and this made me even more confused and hopeless. Decades later I still don't know what to make of this. Today I am a baptized Christian and have a relationship with God. A happy one as far as I can tell. I prayed about it a few times but still have no answer. Did God call me for a purpose then and I missed the boat so to speak out of fear? Is my relationship with Him forever tainted because of it? Was the devil trying to destroy me spiritually? I know he can't physically harm you but can mess with your head through people. Maybe God will use someone here to give me answers.
    JESUS CHRIST, often imitated, never duplicated.

Blog Entries

Re: A strange experience in my youth

Whatever happened that day is over and done with.

There are three ways of looking at it in order to help you move on.
    • If this was an opportunity from God, and you "missed" it, God will call on you again. Our missing of an opportunity doesn't ruin God's plans. We can't ruin anything that God has got on his agenda.
    • If this was of the devil, then thank God you did miss the main event.
    • Stop looking at yesterday and trying to analyze it. Look to today and what God has planned for you now.
    ".....it's your nickel"

Cool Re: A strange experience in my youth

Quote Originally Posted by jayne View Post
    Whatever happened that day is over and done with.

There are three ways of looking at it in order to help you move on.
    • If this was an opportunity from God, and you "missed" it, God will call on you again. Our missing of an opportunity doesn't ruin God's plans. We can't ruin anything that God has got on his agenda.
    • If this was of the devil, then thank God you did miss the main event.
    • Stop looking at yesterday and trying to analyze it. Look to today and what God has planned for you now.
    .,.,.,..,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,. ,.,..,,,,,.....,,,.,.,..,,.,.....,,..,.,.,.,.,., Amen (:-

Well ! One idea is that now you can question what some one says..... You will not take it for granted.

I pray you will get or have a bible and do some reading....... the whole bible is good and for us...... but the section for us

in this time is Romans - Thes. ?
    Eph. 2:8
    For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
    9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc B View Post
    Today I am a baptized Christian and have a relationship with God. A happy one as far as I can tell. I prayed about it a few times but still have no answer. :
    This is what matters-- your relationship with God today. A relationship with the Lord begins when a person accepts the Lord as their savior. Continue to grow in the Lord. Read the scriptures and pray. Jayne gave you excellent advice. I just want to add:
    There is so much evil in this world. There is nothing wrong with witnessing to strangers, BUT in this world, there are people who prey on the innocent. You did not know those men. Something caused you to be concerned for your safety. Your mother did exactly what she should have, and sent the strangers away from her child. Neither of you had any way of knowing their true intentions. She may have saved your life.

Thread Information