Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Guitar building, ahhhh Guitar anything thread

Blog Entries

Re: Guitar building, ahhhh Guitar anything thread

Quote Originally Posted by BrianW View Post
    I've never used one myself but I found a cool review on it. Seems like a great pedal!

Seem like the Tape Mode would be most used by me on this one.

Tape mode looks great! I should get some hours on that function before I embarrass myself with it live.

I played around with it a little yesterday...it definitely has a noise floor...not used to that at all.

For now, I'll use it for dotted eight's the contemporary worship musicians seem to be obsessed with.....
    Those who seek God with all their heart will find Him and be given sight. Those who seek their own agenda will remain blind.

Blog Entries

I've got a few delay pedals and even though I've spent countless hours with them I still haven't scratched the surface of what they can all do. The trick is to find a couple of settings you really like and stick with them while you experiment with other things in the mean time.

Boss pedals like this usually have some very nice presets built in that you can edit as needed. If someone gave me one of these I'd figure out how to reset it factory mode - if the presets have already been edited - and start from scratch.
    He's wild you know. Not like a tame lion.

Blog Entries

I've got a few delay pedals and even though I've spent countless hours with them I still haven't scratched the surface of what they can all do. The trick is to find a couple of settings you really like and stick with them while you experiment with other things in the mean time.

Boss pedals like this usually have some very nice presets built in that you can edit as needed. If someone gave me one of these I'd figure out how to reset it factory mode - if the presets have already been edited - and start from scratch.
    Good advice! Will do.

Thanks!
    Those who seek God with all their heart will find Him and be given sight. Those who seek their own agenda will remain blind.

In a place of praying hard and trusting God while battling on my knees!
    Blog Entries

Just ordered a new full sized steel fret leveling beam. I had ordered a cheap one on Amazon and once it arrived, glad I didn't pay too much because "cheap" is what I got. Once the fret leveling is done, then the final stages of assembly for this guitar. This weekend I plan on checking out the bone nut I dropped into some blue dye last weekend
    Slug1--out

~Titus 2:11 For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men,~

~Honestly, the pain of persecution lets you KNOW you are still alive... IN Christ!~

~Colossians 1:28 Him we preach, warning every man and teaching every man in all wisdom, that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus.~

~"In the turmoil of any chaos, all it takes is that whisper that is heard like thunder over all the noise and the chaos seems to go away, focus returns and we are comforted in knowing that God has listened to our cry for help."~

Blog Entries

Do you have the files and tools to do the crowns, ends and polishing too?

Blog Entries

Do you have the files and tools to do the crowns, ends and polishing too?
    I have some tri-sided files, plus the one for the ends (the edges of the angles are smooth). Polishing I'll use the buffer on the Dremmel tool
    Slug1--out

~Titus 2:11 For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men,~

~Honestly, the pain of persecution lets you KNOW you are still alive... IN Christ!~

~Colossians 1:28 Him we preach, warning every man and teaching every man in all wisdom, that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus.~

~"In the turmoil of any chaos, all it takes is that whisper that is heard like thunder over all the noise and the chaos seems to go away, focus returns and we are comforted in knowing that God has listened to our cry for help."~

Blog Entries

That's a bit more work than using a crowning file but will certainly get the job done if you're careful. Wishing you luck bro!

Blog Entries

That's a bit more work than using a crowning file but will certainly get the job done if you're careful. Wishing you luck bro!
    Crowning files are expensive, at least quality ones are. If I was in the biz to fix guitars, I'd invest in a good set.
    Slug1--out

Blog Entries

Ah. Good point.

The files you have will work. You do know about the marker trick right?

Blog Entries

Ah. Good point.

The files you have will work. You do know about the marker trick right?
    Yep. I began by marking only the specific areas that were higher and after 1/3 the neck was done and I had about 10 marks, I realized I just need to mark all the frets and do a complete job.
    Slug1--out

Blog Entries

That's the only way to know that you got them all level. To check use a small, enough to cover three frets, flat edge and place them on the frets in the same direction a string goes. If it sets flat and you can't rock it back and forth you're good to go. Check along the radius and then move down the neck. If you get any rocking you can just touch up whichever fret is still high.

Mark all of the frets when you do the shape and crown too. You only want to leave a thin line right at the top.

Blog Entries

I gotta say, I just love this Hall of Fame 2.

Blog Entries

That's a reverb pedal right? I've never tried the HoF's. How do they compare to a spring reverb in an amp?

Blog Entries

That's a reverb pedal right? I've never tried the HoF's. How do they compare to a spring reverb in an amp?
    Amazing. I have a Fender Ultra Chorus with a spring reverb, the only thing the HoF won’t do is blast off to mars when you kick it.

I was even more impressed when I played my Tele through it (I used my LP the previous week). It was soooooo clean

What’s really cool is you can increase spring reverb in your mix (depending on your starting point) with the built in expression pedal thingy, I think it’s called ‘mash’ - it sounds odd and expression would be built in the on/off button, but it really works good.

Blog Entries

Sweet! I've got an old BOSS reverb pedal and another I can't remember the name of but I never thought they even came close to a real reverb with a tank.
    Then again both of my pedals are from the 80's or 90's and I'm sure the tech has come a long way since then.

Thread Information