Page 1 of 68 12345678910111251 ... LastLast

Thread: Is eternal security or a sin and still saved belief Biblical - Pt 2

Re: Is Eternal Security or a Sin and Still Be Saved Belief biblical?

Quote Originally Posted by TrustGzus View Post
    According to George Bryson, I am on the dark side. I have his book and it tells me so (I have both his books actually).
    Well, you are known by the enemies you keep....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Mark View Post

Keck, it was an inspired change!
    “This above all: to thine own self be true,
    And it must follow, as the night the day,
    Thou canst not then be false to any man.”

-WS
    Those who seek God with all their heart will find Him and be given sight. Those who seek their own agenda will remain blind.

Quote Originally Posted by keck553 View Post
    No, we do NOT "die spiritually." We are not a revolving door for The Holy Spirit. God is not petty.
    It is an astounding argument! Indeed, those I have spoken with who hold this doctrine will tell you it is wrong for them to divorce, and then turn around and say God divorces us all the time and then remarries. Indeed, God is not that petty. Hosea is a perfect example. So is Jeremiah and Isaiah. For the years Israel was in captivity, God still considered Himself in relationship with her.
    Matt 9:13
    13 "But go and learn what this means: ' I DESIRE COMPASSION,AND NOT SACRIFICE,' for I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners."
    NASU

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by IcyHippoCrazy View Post
    I call Jesus "Hey, man" or "dude" quite often. Funny, he's never seemed to be offended by it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athanasius View Post
    He does seem much more bothered when I start prayers with, 'Hey man, supreme idiot again'.
    Nah, he's gotten to where he expects that from me!

While I am quite liberal in my faith I think that this kind of humor (even when your heart is at the right place) is a bridge too far for me.

YMMV.

Quote Originally Posted by ProDeo View Post
    While I am quite liberal in my faith I think that this kind of humor (even when your heart is at the right place) is a bridge too far for me.

YMMV.
    I am right there with you bro. Honor/fear/respect are important to the Lord.
    13 "But go and learn what this means: ' I DESIRE COMPASSION,AND NOT SACRIFICE,' for I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners."
    NASU

I am right there with you bro. Honor/fear/respect are important to the Lord.
    You guys carry the burdens you wish to carry in your relationship with God, and I'll carry mine.

Familiarity or comfort is not indicative of lack of honor, reverence, or respect.

Blog Entries

It is an astounding argument! Indeed, those I have spoken with who hold this doctrine will tell you it is wrong for them to divorce, and then turn around and say God divorces us all the time and then remarries. Indeed, God is not that petty. Hosea is a perfect example. So is Jeremiah and Isaiah. For the years Israel was in captivity, God still considered Himself in relationship with her.
    "There is no one who calls on Your name, Who arouses himself to take hold of You; For You have hidden Your face from us And have delivered us into the power of our iniquities. But now, O LORD, You are our Father, We are the clay, and You our potter; And all of us are the work of Your hand. Do not be angry beyond measure, O LORD, Nor remember iniquity forever; Behold, look now, all of us are Your people.…"

Brother Mark, there is a lesson to be learned in in Isaiah 64. Reading it, we tend to focus on the pot, but really we need to focus on the Potter. What happens to the unwanted clay when a potter is shaping the pot? It gets flung all over the Potter!

As much as it grieves me that my inequity gets flung on my Savior, He can handle it without abandoning the pot. And I am forever and ever grateful that He has born my inequities, past, present and future. I can't even fathom a greater love than that. And I will not cheapen nor lesson that Grace by assigning such pettiness to God that my relationship with Him is a revolving door.

I am His, and my prayer is that as He sanctifies me, much less dross gets flung on Him. My Redeemer.
    Those who seek God with all their heart will find Him and be given sight. Those who seek their own agenda will remain blind.

"There is no one who calls on Your name, Who arouses himself to take hold of You; For You have hidden Your face from us And have delivered us into the power of our iniquities. But now, O LORD, You are our Father, We are the clay, and You our potter; And all of us are the work of Your hand. Do not be angry beyond measure, O LORD, Nor remember iniquity forever; Behold, look now, all of us are Your people.…"

Brother Mark, there is a lesson to be learned in in Isaiah 64. Reading it, we tend to focus on the pot, but really we need to focus on the Potter. What happens to the unwanted clay when a potter is shaping the pot? It gets flung all over the Potter!

As much as it grieves me that my inequity gets flung on my Savior, He can handle it without abandoning the pot. And I am forever and ever grateful that He has born my inequities, past, present and future. I can't even fathom a greater love than that. And I will not cheapen nor lesson that Grace by assigning such pettiness to God that my relationship with Him is a revolving door.

I am His, and my prayer is that as He sanctifies me, much less dross gets flung on Him. My Redeemer.
    This is worth reading again. Pardon me while I copy it for every one else to read twice. Amen brother Keck. Amen. Wish I could rep you again but I gotta spread it around a bit more first.
    NASU

You guys carry the burdens you wish to carry in your relationship with God, and I'll carry mine.

Familiarity or comfort is not indicative of lack of honor, reverence, or respect.
    It's not a burden. And familiarity has a time and a place. But so does honor/fear/reverence/respect.
    NASU

Sometimes it can be just that. Though I'm not pointing out your speck. For instance, who do we most often not appreciate like we should ? Our immediate family....

Blog Entries

Ok, I'll quote King James:

And again he entered into Capernaum after some days; and it was noised that he was in the house.

2 And straightway many were gathered together, insomuch that there was no room to receive them, no, not so much as about the door: and he preached the word unto them.

3 And they come unto him, bringing one sick of the palsy, which was borne of four.

4 And when they could not come nigh unto him for the press, they uncovered the roof where he was: and when they had broken it up, they let down the bed wherein the sick of the palsy lay.

5 When Jesus saw their faith, he said unto the sick of the palsy, Son, thy sins be forgiven thee.

6 But there was certain of the scribes sitting there, and reasoning in their hearts,

7 Why doth this man thus speak blasphemies? who can forgive sins but God only?

8 And immediately when Jesus perceived in his spirit that they so reasoned within themselves, he said unto them, Why reason ye these things in your hearts?

9 Whether is it easier to say to the sick of the palsy, Thy sins be forgiven thee; or to say, Arise, and take up thy bed, and walk?

10 But that ye may know that the Son of man hath power on earth to forgive sins, (he saith to the sick of the palsy,)

11 I say unto thee, Arise, and take up thy bed, and go thy way into thine house.

12 And immediately he arose, took up the bed, and went forth before them all; insomuch that they were all amazed, and glorified God, saying, We never saw it on this fashion.

At what point does King James say this paralyzed man repented?
    We can make a logical deduction that he repented based on this verse:

"And the times of this ignorance God winked at;
    but now commandeth all men every where to repent:" (Acts 17:20).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jason0047 View Post
    We can make a logical deduction that he repented based on this verse:

"And the times of this ignorance God winked at;
    but now commandeth all men every where to repent:" (Acts 17:20).
    You ignored my question. Why did the paralyzed man not have to repent to be forgiven?

Why did Jesus forgive the woman caught in Adultery?

Want more examples?

Blog Entries

You ignored my question. Why did the paralyzed man not have to repent to be forgiven?

Want more examples?
    The man at the pool in John 5.

In essentials, unity; in non-essentials, liberty; in all things, charity. - Rupertus Meldenius

Read your Bible and pray every single day. - Pastor Jon Courson

If your grace ain't greasier than a bucket full of chitlin's and gravy, you might be a legalist - an internet friend.

Want more examples?
    All those around the cross that crucified Him.
    NASU

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TrustGzus View Post
    The man at the pool in John 5.
    Amen. Glory to God.

All those around the cross that crucified Him.
    “Forgive them Father.......”

All Glory be to God alone.

Thread Information