Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hawaii’s Kilauea volcano erupts

Blog Entries

Hawaii’s Kilauea volcano erupts

It's closer to ten thousand having to leave the area. I watched a live news cast on this my sister posted on Facebook. Started out talking about the big earthquake to the ground cracking open to lava spewing out.
    Here's the news link on it: http://www.foxnews.com/science/2018/...acuations.html
    "People do not drift toward holiness. Apart from grace-driven effort, people do not gravitate toward godliness, prayer, obedience to Scripture, faith, and delight in the Lord. We drift toward compromise and call it tolerance; We drift toward disobedience and call it freedom; We drift toward superstition and call it faith. We cherish the indiscipline of lost self-control and call it relaxation; we slouch toward prayerlessness and delude ourselves into thinking we have escaped legalism; we slide toward godlessness and convince ourselves we have been liberated?" - D A Carson

Re: Hawaii’s Kilauea volcano erupts

Yeah, Pele speaks every once in a while. Pele is the traditional Hawaiian fire God. Not endorsing that, just commenting in a humorous way.

I was stationed in Hawaii for a couple of years with the Army. Spent a lot of time up at Pohakuloa Training Area which sits between Mauna Kea and Mauna Loa, the latter of which the Kilauea volcano resides. Earthquakes and the occasional spitting of Kilauea were common.

Actually, the one out in the Indian Ocean is more captivating. It is a major blow. Watch the video on this page....

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/wor...e-Indian-Ocean

here... found a video of it on YouTube.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbkN2Vwy2nI

Blog Entries

Thanks for the video Cliff, it was very good. Right now I'm worried about those living in the path of the lava and dealing with some pretty strong earthquakes. The world news has been covering this now. The last I've heard two homes have been lost to this.
    Here's the lastest: https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ood/583791002/

Quote Originally Posted by moonglow View Post
    Thanks for the video Cliff, it was very good. Right now I'm worried about those living in the path of the lava and dealing with some pretty strong earthquakes. The world news has been covering this now. The last I've heard two homes have been lost to this.
    Here's the lastest: https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ood/583791002/
    I don't know if you recall a former member, Liquid Tension. He lives in Hilo and has been giving updates. Some fairly large earthquakes due to magma displacement and I think there are 7 fissures open now.
    Do not say, “Why were the old days better than these?” For it is not wise to ask such questions.
    Ecc 7:10

John777 exists to me only in quoted form.

This site shows that there are several volcanoes erupting..

What's erupting? List & map of currently active volcanoes

https://www.volcanodiscovery.com/eru...volcanoes.html

Jude
    The Church right now has more fashion than passion, is more pathetic than prophetic, is more superficial than supernatural.

~ Leonard Ravenhill

That's a pretty neat site.
    Do not say, “Why were the old days better than these?” For it is not wise to ask such questions.

Re: Lava Flow Intensifies In Hawaii Eruptions

Lava Flow Intensifies In Hawaii Eruptions.. Spews 200 Feet In Air

After a day of relative calm, Kilauea roared back in full force on Sunday, spewing lava 300 feet in the air, encroaching on a half mile of new ground and bringing the total number of destroyed structures to 31.

Activity from the volcano, which erupted on Hawaii's Big Island on Thursday, also opened a new vent on Sunday, bringing the total to at least 10, according to Hawaii's Civil Defense Agency.

There have been 1,800 residents evacuated from their homes in the Leilani Estates and Lanipuna Gardens neighborhoods where cracks have been opening and spilling lava into the subdivisions.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/hawaii-off...ry?id=54968317

Jude
    The Church right now has more fashion than passion, is more pathetic than prophetic, is more superficial than supernatural.

~ Leonard Ravenhill

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by teddyv View Post
    I don't know if you recall a former member, Liquid Tension. He lives in Hilo and has been giving updates. Some fairly large earthquakes due to magma displacement and I think there are 7 fissures open now.
    Yes I remember him. Where's his updates at?

I kind of wish they wouldn't call them structures that have burned down from the lava. They are homes. This morning the weather channel showed a car being crushed and burned by the lava. It's so slow moving yet unstoppable.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jude View Post
    This site shows that there are several volcanoes erupting..

What's erupting? List & map of currently active volcanoes

https://www.volcanodiscovery.com/eru...volcanoes.html

Jude
    Hey thanks! I'm surpised at how many are active.

Post Re: Hawaii Volcano Shows 'No Sign Of Slowing Down,' Destroys Dozens Of Homes

Hawaii Volcano Shows 'No Sign Of Slowing Down,' Destroys Dozens Of Homes..

Edmund DeMarche
    1 hr ago

Molten lava from Hawaii's Kilauea volcano continued gushing into the lush paradise on the Big Island Monday, even as an eleventh fissure opened up, destroying more than two dozen homes and spewing lava hundreds of feet in the air.

The 26 decimated homes were located in the Leilani Estates subdivision, where molten rock, toxic gas and steam have been bursting through openings in the ground created by the volcano, officials said. No fatalities or major injuries have been reported since the eruptions began Thursday.

Hawaii County Civil Defense Administrator Talmadge Magno told reporters on Sunday that some of the fissures “have established pretty good flows and just continue to cover more of the subdivision,” adding a sizeable lava flow was heading north of a new vent.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ha...h1Q?li=BBnb7Kz

Jude

~ Leonard Ravenhill

Blog Entries

Re: Hawaii Volcano Shows 'No Sign Of Slowing Down,' Destroys Dozens Of Homes

Kinda like living in a flood zone
    Those who seek God with all their heart will find Him and be given sight. Those who seek their own agenda will remain blind.

I was watching a YouTube vid from Pastor J D Farag on Oahu. He was saying that the folks he has talked to that are "in the know" regarding Kilauea are saying that we haven't seen the worse of it yet. It might be worse case scenario stuff, but it is being tossed around that Kilauea could really blow big time. And based on how the structure of the Big Island is, if that were to happen, the windward side could slide off, it would cause a tsunami that would be close to 1000 ft high. One can only hope and pray those ideas are wild eyed and over exaggerated.

Quote Originally Posted by Cliff View Post
    It might be worse case scenario stuff, but it is being tossed around that Kilauea could really blow big time. And based on how the structure of the Big Island is, if that were to happen, the windward side could slide off, it would cause a tsunami that would be close to 1000 ft high.
    That sounds pretty ridiculous. It sounds a lot like someone confusing the story of the volcano Cumbre Vieja on the Canary Islands that was suggested could slide into the ocean. Although that is not thought to be likely at all.

One can only hope and pray those ideas are wild eyed and over exaggerated.
    Methinks they are.

I was watching a YouTube vid from Pastor J D Farag on Oahu. He was saying that the folks he has talked to that are "in the know" regarding Kilauea are saying that we haven't seen the worse of it yet. It might be worse case scenario stuff, but it is being tossed around that Kilauea could really blow big time. And based on how the structure of the Big Island is, if that were to happen, the windward side could slide off, it would cause a tsunami that would be close to 1000 ft high. One can only hope and pray those ideas are wild eyed and over exaggerated.
    Sounds like what many thought would happen to California.

Sounds like fear mongering. News is now coming in that this volcano will set off the ones on the left coast.

Is it just me or does it seem that fear is growing in society these days. People seem to becoming more and more fearful.
    "He's wild, you know. Not like a tame lion."
    C.S. Lewis, "The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe."

"Oh, but sometimes the sun stays hidden for years"
    "Sometimes the sky rains night after night, When will it clear?"

"But our Hope endures the worst of conditions"
    "It's more than our optimism, Let the earth quake"
    "Our Hope is unchanged"
    "Our Hope Endures" Natalie Grant

Quote Originally Posted by Old man View Post
    Sounds like what many thought would happen to California.

Sounds like fear mongering. News is now coming in that this volcano will set off the ones on the left coast.

Is it just me or does it seem that fear is growing in society these days. People seem to becoming more and more fearful.
    I talked with a resident of Hawaii. He said there are two known large cracks on the island that some have suggested could fail. One has slid some distance before. So it appears there is a possibility of some large land failures, but it's probably a pretty remote one.

Thread Information