Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Trump dumps Iran nuclear deal

Blog Entries

Re: Trump dumps Iran nuclear deal

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Mark View Post
    They would need to know who the next leader would be... Germany sent Lenin to Russia during WW1 to replace the Russian Tzars and that ended up being a very effective weapon initially. But in the end, it was way more costly. The ultimate result was a division of Germany during WW2. Something needs to be done with Syria but after watching Iraq and Egypt, I am not convinced that we can find someone better that Assad.

If I were the head of Israel, I am not sure what I would do other than make Assad suffer for allowing Iran access. If I could find a way to prop him up and make him pay dearly for his Iranian alliance, I would do so in a heart beat.
    Where is Cyrus when we need him?

Those who seek God with all their heart will find Him and be given sight. Those who seek their own agenda will remain blind.

Hey that coin is...pretty cool.
    "For a small moment have I forsaken you, and with great mercy will I gather you.With a little wrath did I hide My countenance for a moment from you, and with everlasting kindness will I have compassion on you," said your Redeemer, the Lord."..."For the mountains shall depart and the hills totter, but My kindness shall not depart from you, neither shall the covenant of My peace totter," says the Lord, Who has compassion on you.

Isaiah 54

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fenris View Post
    Hey that coin is...pretty cool.
    Yeah man

Those who seek God with all their heart will find Him and be given sight. Those who seek their own agenda will remain blind.

Oooh the half Shekel! Where you finding these?
    "For a small moment have I forsaken you, and with great mercy will I gather you.With a little wrath did I hide My countenance for a moment from you, and with everlasting kindness will I have compassion on you," said your Redeemer, the Lord."..."For the mountains shall depart and the hills totter, but My kindness shall not depart from you, neither shall the covenant of My peace totter," says the Lord, Who has compassion on you.

Isaiah 54

Blog Entries

https://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,...141444,00.html

Either mikdash Education Center - or just possibly from the mouth of the first fish you catch from Lake Galilee

Quote Originally Posted by keck553 View Post
    Where is Cyrus when we need him?

Awesome. Some of my friends and I have wonderd if Trump is similar to Cyrus.
    Matt 9:13
    13 "But go and learn what this means: ' I DESIRE COMPASSION,AND NOT SACRIFICE,' for I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners."
    NASU

President Trump is extremely popular in Israel right now.

Isaiah 54

Nice write up on NRO-

Pulling Out of the Iran Deal Was the Right Call
    By JIM TALENT
    May 10, 2018 4:54 PM

President Trump made the courageous and correct decision to pull out of the Iran nuclear agreement. There is pretty general agreement, even among the Europeans, that the deal was seriously flawed. I would put it much stronger than that. We gave everything the Iranians wanted up front — a hundred billion dollars in sanctions relief — in return for their promise to comply in the future with certain limits on a nuclear-weapons program they wouldn’t even admit they had.

Moreover, even the minimal limits in the agreement would sunset after ten years, leaving the Iranians free to build the warheads which, thanks to the recent Israeli intelligence coup, we know beyond a shadow of a doubt the mullahs always wanted.

I thought at the time of the agreement that the Iranians would cheat around the edges of it but would mostly comply in the short term. They wanted to enjoy the sanctions relief, and they needed time to develop ICBMs and more advanced centrifuges. The agreement gave them both money and time. Why cheat on a deal that gives you everything you want?

But the Iranians made two big mistakes.

First, the deal was never ratified as a treaty, because, as everyone knew at the time, it would have been laughed out of the Senate. So, it’s a simple executive agreement, which doesn’t require ratification. That seemed like a neat sleight of hand by the Obama administration three years ago, but it meant that the deal wasn’t binding, in law or honor, on any subsequent president, whether the Iranians complied with their part of it or not.

In other words, the agreement was no more than a promise by one president to lift the sanctions on Iran under certain conditions that he deemed sufficient to justify doing so. The president in question — Barack Obama — faithfully kept this promise through the rest of his term in office.

That was what the Iranians bargained for, and that was what they got. No doubt they hoped that the next president would be someone who would bow to the weight of European opinion and the arms-control establishment, and continue giving them benefits while they continued fomenting aggression against America and its interests. That was a gamble against the future; it’s their problem, not ours, that they lost.

Second, the regime promised their own people that it would use the sanctions relief to improve conditions inside of Iran. Instead, they spent the money — or that part of it that the Iranian Revolutionary Guards didn’t steal — to support Bashir al-Assad in Syria, buy weapons, and sponsor terrorism and conflict throughout the Middle East.

It was one promise they should have kept. Iran’s economy is in a tailspin. The regime was rocked by demonstrations over the new year and is being hit now with widespread labor strikes and a rapidly inflating currency. More and more Iranians are manifestly fed up and are no longer buying the farce that they can change the system through elections in which the candidates are all approved by the regime, and in which the winner has little power anyway. The radical clerics run Iran, not the government, and, increasingly, Iranians know it.

I’m not saying the regime is about to fall, but it is overextended, and that makes it peculiarly vulnerable now to the re-imposition of American sanctions. One of the few good national-security developments in the last 15 years is that the United States has figured out how to make sanctions particularly effective. You target the banks. The world trades in dollars, which means that every transaction — including the sale of oil — has to surface eventually in a bank which cannot operate if it must disconnect from the American financial system.

Yes, the rogues can and do launder cash and pursue other illicit activities, such as the drug trade, to get some resources. But you can’t run a country on that, not for long anyway, and especially not when you want your country to be the hegemon of the Middle East. That was why the Iranians were so desperate for a deal three years ago; the tough sanctions which Congress passed over the opposition of the Obama administration had brought them to their knees.

Let’s see what happens now as the sanctions go back into force. The Europeans will complain, but Trump can mollify them by cutting them a little more slack in his tariff policy. The Iranians may promote a conflict between Hezbollah and Israel, but that was coming anyway, and the Israelis wouldn’t still be around if they weren’t a very tough nut to crack. Besides, Hezbollah has a lot on its hands already in Syria.

There’s one other big point that should be considered. The nuclear agreement was part of the Obama administration’s broader policy to build a Middle Eastern equilibrium around the proposition that Iran would evolve into a responsible regional actor. That was never going to work, not as long as the current regime is in power in Tehran. By pulling out of the deal, Trump is laying the basis for a renewed partnership with other regional players who fear the threat from Iran, who never liked the deal, and whose interests and objectives are much more in alignment with those of the United States.

The Europeans may not like this decision, but in Egypt, Jordan, Israel, the Gulf States — and maybe even Iraq — they are cheering it on.

All in all, I’m inclined to agree with Andy McCarthy that this was very much the right move. It’s not without risk, of course, but nothing in the Middle East is, and President Trump judged rightly that it’s better to err on the side of pressuring our adversaries than gambling on their good will. The challenge going forward is for the Trump administration to implement this decision effectively and weave it into a broader strategy for restoring an acceptable balance of power in the Middle East. If that happens, Mr. Trump will really deserve, and might even get, the Nobel peace prize.

Isaiah 54

Related topic on Trump, equally important.

Hagee Says Trump, Like Truman, Earned ‘Political Immortality’ by Moving Embassy to Jerusalem

by JOEL B. POLLAK 11 May 2018

JERUSALEM, Israel — Pastor John Hagee, founder and national director of Christians United for Israel (CUFI), told Breitbart News in an exclusive interview Friday that President Donald Trump had earned “political immortality” by moving the U.S. embassy in Israel to Jerusalem.

“I told him that the moment that you do that, I believe that you will step into political immortality. Because you are having the courage to do what other presidents did not have the courage do to.”

He added that he believed the transfer of the U.S. embassy to Jerusalem Monday would cement the bond between the U.S. and Israel.

“For decades America has referred to Israel as ‘our dearest friend in the Middle East.’ But we never put our embassy there, when in fact our embassy was located in the capital cities of other nations that were run by tyrants and dictators.

“President Trump has demonstrated courage under fire and has pronounced Jerusalem the capital of Israel, which shatters the delusion of the Palestinians that they should own it. And it’s sending a signal to the other nations of the world that we really do support the state of Israel. We are treating them equally now with the other nations of the world. They are not receiving preferential treatment. This is only what’s fair.”

Hagee explained the importance of Jerusalem to Christians in particular.

“Christians believe that Jerusalem will be the capital city in the Eternal Kingdom, ruled by Jesus Christ,” he said. (Religious sources tell Breitbart News that this belief is a tenant of dispensational theology, which is one of several branches of Evangelical Christianity.)

“The U.S. embassy moving to Jerusalem is a very clear indicator of the verse in the book of Deuteronomy (28:13) where God promises: ‘I will make you the head and not the tail.’

“Jerusalem is the epicenter of Christianity. Jerusalem is where Abraham placed Isaac on the altar on the Temple Mount in this city. Jerusalem is where Jeremiah and Isaiah penned the principles of righteousness that became the moral foundations of our civilization. … Jerusalem is the city of God.”

He added: “Outside the city of Jerusalem, Jesus Christ was crucified, resurrected from the dead, and when he returns the second time, is going to put his foot on the Mount of Olives in the city of Jerusalem. Jerusalem is the future of the world. Not Washington; not Rome; not Paris, France; not Berlin — Jerusalem. Jerusalem is the shoreline of eternity.”

“Jerusalem is the city of God,” he added.

Hagee also emphasized that CUFI’s mission was to protect Jews as well as the Jewish state.

“We would like for the people of America to know that … we have 4.1 million members dedicated to the destruction of antisemitism in all of its forms. Antisemitism is exploding in Europe, its exploding in the colleges and universities of America, and antisemitism is not a Jewish problem — it’s everybody’s problem.

“Antisemitism, in the Christian sense, is a sin. And as a sin, it damns the soul. So we are absolutely committed to the destruction of antisemitism.”

Hagee noted that he had visited the Golan Heights this week, just hours after Iranian forces fired missiles at Israeli territory for the first time.

“I stood on the very spot at the northern Israel border looking into Syria, where those 20 missiles came. Four of those missiles were shot down by the Iron Dome, and the remainder did absolutely no damage to any citizen in the State of Israel.

“The Israeli air force executed an absolutely masterful operation last night … in destroying Iranian bases that would most certainly be the superstructure of the military that they would put into use against Israel.”

He praised President Trump for leaving the Iran nuclear deal, describing Iran as “the head of the snake” in the Middle East.

“What President Trump has done in extracting the United States of America from the nuclear deal has been a tremendous benefit and blessing to the State of Israel and the Jewish people,” he said.

He also emphasized that Americans were safer because of Trump’s decision.

Barack Obama put into the hands of a terrorist state — the leading terrorist state in the world — billions of dollars through which Iran would pay for advanced weaponry to use against Israel and against the United States of America. An inter-continental ballistic missile is not needed to blow up Jerusalem. It is needed to blow up New York.

“That is why America is safer. It has even been carried in the American media that Iran has its intelligence people, terrorists, all in America, plotting and planning for the way to attack and destroy our nation. This should concern us. This is why, when [Trump] took the money out of the hands of Iran, when we withdrew from this deal, America and the world are safer.”

He also addressed liberal criticism of the president’s decision.

“Liberals in America are saying, ‘Why shouldn’t Iran be allowed to have nuclear weapons?’ In the past, America and Russia had massive amounts of nuclear power, but we had mutually assured destruction … and a passionate desire to live.

“But Iran has a theology that glorifies death,” he added, “and it only pays off when you are killing someone that is conceded an infidel.”

Asked whether he agrees with a comparison between President Trump and King Cyrus of Persia, whose decision to allow the Jews to return to build Jerusalem is described in the Bible, Pastor Hagee agreed, but emphasized a more important, and modern, analogy.

“Cyrus is the one that made it possible for the Jewish people to return to Israel. I think there is a very clear comparison between Cyrus and President Trump.

“I think there is a brighter comparison between Harry Truman and President Trump. President Truman recognized Israel as a state 11 minutes after Ben-Gurion read the [declaration of independence] in the arts center in Tel Aviv.

“Harry Truman’s closest friends and his political advisers said do not so this … Harry Truman ignored the advice of even [Secretary of State] George Marshall, who had enormous international standing, to recognize the state of Israel. And Harry Truman is loved in the State of Israel for doing that.”

He said he told President Trump that “your name will be remembered 1000 years from that day, like Truman, as two presidents who did what others did not dare to do. Because of the raw courage required to do so.”

Hagee praised the work of CUFI and its members in educating leaders and lawmakers about the importance of the Jerusalem embassy.

“CUFI is the largest pro-Israel organization in the world, period,” he declared. “What God has allowed us to accomplish has never been done in the history of Christianity.”

Isaiah 54

Blog Entries

Yeah, I'd say anyone who is merged with King Cyrus is going to be politically immortal.

Winning.

I love that word..so I'll say it again.

Winning.

And Obama legacy going bye bye.

Isaiah 54

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fenris View Post
    And Obama legacy going bye bye.
    That might actually be a good thing, historically anyway.

Kinda like Jimmy Carter's legacy.

Now an Iranian "student group" is offering a $100,000 reward for anyone who bombs the US embassy in Jerusalem. If you're asking how a "student group" has $100,000 to give as a reward, that's a good question. Probably because the "student group" is actually run, and funded by, the government.

But the Iranian government is actually peaceful and can totally be trusted to not cheat and build nukes. Or use them. Sure.

Isaiah 54

Blog Entries

Sure would be nice if that $100K went to ..... oh I don't know.....education perhaps?

Thread Information