Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Neither will I hide my face any more from them

Re: Neither will I hide my face any more from them

Quote Originally Posted by divaD View Post
    I'm rethinking my position on some of Luke 21, based on the following possible connections between Luke 21 and Ezekiel 39, where yesterday as I was formulating a post for this thread, the following is what I ended up with.

On 2nd thought, I could be wrong about the possible connections with that of Ez 39 and Luke 21. In Ez 39 when God hid His face from them, this could have initially occurred way before the time of the first century, thus Luke 21 being in regards to something else altogether. Which then seems to prove a point FHG sometimes makes. Just because two entirely different passages seem to be saying some of the same things, that doesn't always mean they are speaking of the same events every time. Maybe he's right about that?

Blog Entries

Neither will I hide my face any more from them

The topic of this thread is taken from the prophecies found in Ez 39.

Ezekiel 39:29 Neither will I hide my face any more from them: for I have poured out my spirit upon the house of Israel, saith the Lord GOD.

The timing of this verse is meaning after 'my judgment that I have executed'(verse 21), where we see that judgment is against Gog and his multitude accompanying him.

The question one must honestly ask themselves, has this judgment He is to execute, has it already been fulfilled? And if after asking oneself that, and if the answer is no, the next question one must honestly ask themselves, who would the LORD have been hiding His face from? Would He have been hiding His face from believing Jews, or from unbelieving Jews? Believing Jews would be meaning Jews who have converted to Christianity. Unbelieving Jews would be meaning Jews who hadn't converted to Christianity. Which makes better sense? The former or the latter below?

Neither will I hide my face any more from believing Jews, those that have converted to Christianity, IOW the church: for I have poured out my spirit upon the house of Israel, saith the Lord GOD.

Neither will I hide my face any more from unbelieving Jews, those that have not converted to Christianity: for I have poured out my spirit upon the house of Israel, saith the Lord GOD.

It seems to me then, God has hardly washed His hands of all unbelieving Jews who don't convert to Christianity eventually. If that was true, how does one explain that God no longer hides His face from them, not before He executes His judgment on Gog and his multitude, but not until after He executes His judgment on Gog and His multitude instead?

Anyone who still claims that the Jews currently occupying that region in the ME, that these are fakes, thus not God's people, and that the regathering back into the land that began in the last century, that this was not of God, how does one explain the prophecies in Ez 39 then? Someone has to fulfill them, otherwise they are false prophecies. Obviously the ones that fulfill them are unbelieving Jews, which then fits a good majority of the Jews currently regathered to that particular region in the ME.

Ezekiel 39:7 So will I make my holy name known in the midst of my people Israel; and I will not let them pollute my holy name any more: and the heathen shall know that I am the LORD, the Holy One in Israel.

And guess what, meaning to those who deny unbelieving Jews are still God's people, regardless? Verse 7 clearly indicates they are still His people, and that His people meant here are meaning the same people He no longer hides His face from once He executes His judgment on Gog and his multitude. How then can some of you on this board speak so demeaning of the Jews currently regathered in that region in the ME, in spite of prophecies, such as are found in Ez 39?

Fortunately most on this board don't demean the unbelieving Jews currently occupying that region in the ME, yet some on this board apparently do. And the ones that do are mainly the ones you see butting heads with Fenris at times. Where you see these same ones claiming the Jews currently regathered in that region in the ME, that these are trespassers, that they are no longer God's people, that their regathering was not of God, so on and so on. If that is supposed to be true, debunk the OP then...seriously.
    Just like Jesus answered questions with questions would it be God's plan to have unbelieving Jews move in and kick out and up route some Christian palisindians from their churches and houses?

Quote Originally Posted by marty fox View Post
    Just like Jesus answered questions with questions would it be God's plan to have unbelieving Jews move in and kick out and up route some Christian palisindians from their churches and houses?
    Everyone when they read the OP needs to also understand the point being made in the OP. The point being made in the OP, unless God has already executed His judgment on Gog and hs multitude, the last verse in Ez 39 has not been fulfilled yet. What that means is this. As we speak, God is still hiding His face from the house of Israel meant in Ez 39, where that has to mean unbelieving Jews. In the ME where Jews have regathered since the last century, are these mainly believing Jews, IOW Christians, that have regathered there? Or mainly unbelieving Jews, IOW non Christians? If the latter, there you go then, it seems to fit perfect with the house of Israel meant in Ez 39.

Blog Entries

On 2nd thought, I could be wrong about the possible connections with that of Ez 39 and Luke 21. In Ez 39 when God hid His face from them, this could have initially occurred way before the time of the first century, thus Luke 21 being in regards to something else altogether. Which then seems to prove a point FHG sometimes makes. Just because two entirely different passages seem to be saying some of the same things, that doesn't always mean they are speaking of the same events every time. Maybe he's right about that?
    I may be right sometimes...
    We definitely have the picture of an event as well as the event itself, yet the picture is normally also an event.

So we find in regards to the physical temple, so we find with the various maifestations of the beast.

Blog Entries

Everyone when they read the OP needs to also understand the point being made in the OP. The point being made in the OP, unless God has already executed His judgment on Gog and hs multitude, the last verse in Ez 39 has not been fulfilled yet. What that means is this. As we speak, God is still hiding His face from the house of Israel meant in Ez 39, where that has to mean unbelieving Jews. In the ME where Jews have regathered since the last century, are these mainly believing Jews, IOW Christians, that have regathered there? Or mainly unbelieving Jews, IOW non Christians? If the latter, there you go then, it seems to fit perfect with the house of Israel meant in Ez 39.
    Many unbelieving Jews but some of those Jews are still being saved all of the time

If you take Isreal in Ezek.39 to mean Israel in the ME, or Gog and Magog to mean physical places on the map, you will never be able to see the scripture fulfilled.

Yet, Ezek. 39 has been fulfilled for/in all saints made perfect and is yet fulfilled for/in upcoming believers and faithfuls.

God's face (presence, name, power,, that is how come His glory is also His face) is hidden from anyone who is unfaithful or is an unbeliever, or does iniquity, whether such one is a Jew or Gentile. But, His face is not hidden from anyone upon whom He has poured His Spirit.

For example, His face is not hidden from any believer/child added to the Church by the Spirit and given the grace of God for his/her salvation. His face is not hidden from sons raised up and given the judgment of God. Why? Because children and sons have the Spirit. God had poured His Spirit upon them.
    Grace and peace unto you from God the Father and from the Lord Jesus Christ!

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious View Post
    If you take Isreal in Ezek.39 to mean Israel in the ME, or Gog and Magog to mean physical places on the map, you will never be able to see the scripture fulfilled.

Yet, Ezek. 39 has been fulfilled for/in all saints made perfect and is yet fulfilled for/in upcoming believers and faithfuls.

God's face (presence, name, power,, that is how come His glory is also His face) is hidden from anyone who is unfaithful or is an unbeliever, or does iniquity, whether such one is a Jew or Gentile. But, His face is not hidden from anyone upon whom He has poured His Spirit.

For example, His face is not hidden from any believer/child added to the Church by the Spirit and given the grace of God for his/her salvation. His face is not hidden from sons raised up and given the judgment of God. Why? Because children and sons have the Spirit. God had poured His Spirit upon them.
    It doesn't matter whether Gog and Magog are physical places on the map or not. What matters is, it is not until judgment is first executed on Gog and his multitude, that God no longer hides His face from them. There is clearly chronology there. And chronology matters. For instance. There is a 1st coming and a 2nd coming. That involves chronology. No way can the 2nd coming precede the first coming. In the same way then, no way can He no longer hide His face from them before He executes His judgment on Gog and his multitude.

Quote Originally Posted by marty fox View Post
    Many unbelieving Jews but some of those Jews are still being saved all of the time
    I agree with you about some of the many unbelieving Jews being saved all the time. Actually that's been going on for around 2000 years or so. But if the judgment on Gog and his multitude is yet to be executed, that means God is still hiding His face from some of them. I can't claim to know why. But God knows why though. And somewhere in the OT He once said My ways are not the same as your ways...or something like that. Been awhile since I visited that particular passage. I don't even recall what book in the OT it was in, but I do recall reading something like that though.

Blog Entries

I agree with you about some of the many unbelieving Jews being saved all the time. Actually that's been going on for around 2000 years or so. But if the judgment on Gog and his multitude is yet to be executed, that means God is still hiding His face from some of them. I can't claim to know why. But God knows why though. And somewhere in the OT He once said My ways are not the same as your ways...or something like that. Been awhile since I visited that particular passage. I don't even recall what book in the OT it was in, but I do recall reading something like that though.
    Isaiah 55:8
    "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the LORD.

The main point I was making in the OP, when He no longer hides His face, that is meaning after He has executed His judgment on Gog and His multitude. Until then, He is obviously still hiding His face from the ones meant in Ez 39. In light of that, your arguments above seem to fall short of addressing any of that.

My take is, as we speak, He is still hiding His face from someone, and that sometime in the future He no longer will be. Who would He still be currently hiding His face from if not unbelieving Jews?
    For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known. 1 Cor 13:12

It is kind of like asking; When is, "then"?

Whenever it is, I believe it will be the same as Ezek 39.

It doesn't matter whether Gog and Magog are physical places on the map or not. What matters is, it is not until judgment is first executed on Gog and his multitude, that God no longer hides His face from them. There is clearly chronology there. And chronology matters. For instance. There is a 1st coming and a 2nd coming. That involves chronology. No way can the 2nd coming precede the first coming. In the same way then, no way can He no longer hide His face from them before He executes His judgment on Gog and his multitude.
    God's face is not hidden from whom He pours His Spirit. Ezekiel 39:29 KJV declares:

Neither will I hide my face any more from them: for I have poured out my spirit upon the house of Israel, saith the Lord God.

Today, God pours His Spirit upon many in the house of Israel of God. That house of Israel includes both Jews and Gentiles. Upon whom God pours His Spirit, even if that happened early today, there is a prior judgment against Gog and Magog given to him/her. Meaning? The judgment against Gog and Magog has already taken place for some folks upon whom the Spirit has been poured and from whom, therefore, God's face is not hidden.

Point is this: when you become a son of man by the eternal Spirit, judgment is automatically committed to you just as salvation was earlier given to you when you became a child. As the Father committed all judgment to the Son of man, so is judgment also committed unto His brethren who are like Him in the world.

God's face is not hidden from such a person upon whom the Spirit is poured.
    Grace and peace unto you from God the Father and from the Lord Jesus Christ!

Thread Information