Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Fast Food Restaurants That Have Gone Downhill

Re: Fast Food Restaurants That Have Gone Downhill

KFC in the UK is much nicer than KFC in Canada (although if they had the Big Crunch, that'd be ideal). Five Guys isn't great over here, McDonald's is alright, there is no Wendy's, and I've never ventured to Burger King. EU regulations probably make them all kinda \_(ツ)_/. I'd probably rank Subway the highest, except they haven't heard of swiss cheese.

Blog Entries

I somehow got the impression that take out curry was a big thing in the UK. Not sure why I got that impression now though.

I've never been to a Five Guys and most likely won't ever try them. People have told me that it's mostly hype and not worth the money.
    McDonald's....uggg. All I ever get at McD's is a large coffee - and I only go there if the drive through at Tim Hortons is packed. All I ever get at Tim H is coffee too. Hmmm.
    Wendy's is alright. I've never been overwhelmed or underwhelmed by them...they just whelm I guess.

Not all Subways have the same kind of cheeses etc. I think it's a regional thing.
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

I Like "Frosty King" here except the should not be considered "Fast" food. They're a burger joint but they are real slow. And though the burger is good they have a tendency to be heavy handed with the salt shaker over the fries.

"John's Burgers'" burgers are pretty good so are their fries.

Burger King and Jack in the Box fries are usually cold by the time I get home with them, and I don't live far from them.
    "He's wild, you know. Not like a tame lion."
    C.S. Lewis, "The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe."

"Oh, but sometimes the sun stays hidden for years"
    "Sometimes the sky rains night after night, When will it clear?"

"But our Hope endures the worst of conditions"
    "It's more than our optimism, Let the earth quake"
    "Our Hope is unchanged"
    "Our Hope Endures" Natalie Grant

Quote Originally Posted by Old man View Post
    Does Subway count as fast-food. It's not fattening enough.
    Fast food is anything less nutritious than its packaging.

Health food is anything with less taste than its packaging.

Quote Originally Posted by ChangedByHim View Post
    It's ridiculous how much McDonalds charges. Although it seems their food has actually improved a little.
    Last time I was in a McDonalds I was appalled. The food was dismal, truly truly dismal. I didn't even have high expectations of it. The "assistant" needed help figuring out what I ordered. Sausage and egg muffin is obviously a difficult thing to understand. I don't know why they bother with having people at the tills, I can press the button for "Number 2 meal" on my own. There is a certain irony in a McDonalds meal being called a "number 2".

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Athanasius View Post
    KFC in the UK is much nicer than KFC in Canada (although if they had the Big Crunch, that'd be ideal). Five Guys isn't great over here, McDonald's is alright, there is no Wendy's, and I've never ventured to Burger King. EU regulations probably make them all kinda \_(ツ)_/. I'd probably rank Subway the highest, except they haven't heard of swiss cheese.
    I like pepper jack, but I wish it was thicker than vellum.
    Those who seek God with all their heart will find Him and be given sight. Those who seek their own agenda will remain blind.

Is there a Chick-file in the U.K. ?

My favorite is Chic-fil-a, but only because of their sauce and shakes.

Did you know McDonald's fries and burgers will never mold, disgusting. You can watch youtube videos about it.

All FF hinders when you're trying to train for anything physical, which is my goal right now so not eating much of ut, maybe 1x a month.

Quote Originally Posted by Athanasius View Post
    Five Guys is expensive, $10 for a burger, $7 for the fries and $6 for a shake, fries are addicting.

Quote Originally Posted by Pbminimum View Post
    Is there a Chick-file in the U.K. ?
    I wish, or maybe not, I'd be there every other day...

Just out of curiosity what is the price for a medium BigMac Macmeal ie. BigMac burger with medium fries and soda. Here it is around $2.85.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kalahari View Post
    Just out of curiosity what is the price for a medium BigMac Macmeal ie. BigMac burger with medium fries and soda. Here it is around $2.85.
    Wow! That is a great price compared to the USA. I don’t know what it is but I’ll look.

In essentials, unity; in non-essentials, liberty; in all things, charity. - Rupertus Meldenius

Read your Bible and pray every single day. - Pastor Jon Courson

If your grace ain't greasier than a bucket full of chitlin's and gravy, you might be a legalist - an internet friend.

Just under 5 I believe, so quiet expensive by US standards (when I was in the Midwest I remember McDonalds was exceptionally cheap).

Blog Entries

I went to their menu using my location and they didn't have prices listed.

It was kinda scary to see "Our recalls" on the top of their features list though.......
    Those who seek God with all their heart will find Him and be given sight. Those who seek their own agenda will remain blind.

Blog Entries

The prices change state to state and city by city. You'll pay a lot more in a place like NYC or Los Angeles than you would in Scranton PA or Lawrence KS.
    I don't even want to imagine what the prices are like in Seattle.
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Thread Information