Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Fast Food Restaurants That Have Gone Downhill

Blog Entries

Re: Fast Food Restaurants That Have Gone Downhill

Quote Originally Posted by BrianW View Post
    The prices change state to state and city by city. You'll pay a lot more in a place like NYC or Los Angeles than you would in Scranton PA or Lawrence KS.
    I don't even want to imagine what the prices are like in Seattle.
    Especially with legal marijuana. Jack those fast food prices up because demand is on the rise.

In essentials, unity; in non-essentials, liberty; in all things, charity. - Rupertus Meldenius

Read your Bible and pray every single day. - Pastor Jon Courson

If your grace ain't greasier than a bucket full of chitlin's and gravy, you might be a legalist - an internet friend.

Quote Originally Posted by TrustGzus View Post
    Especially with legal marijuana. Jack those fast food prices up because demand is on the rise.
    They are around $7-8 for a big mac meal and what drove it up was the $15 minimum wage.,,.and yes, you can smell marijuana everywhere now. lol

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DavidC View Post
    They are around $7-8 for a big mac meal and what drove it up was the $15 minimum wage.,,.and yes, you can smell marijuana everywhere now. lol
    I think the price in Illinois is close. I’ll try to drive by and check and we don’t have that stupid $15 dollar wage, though my daughter could use it. She’s a manager and doesn’t even make $10.

Smell.....gross. Never moving there.

In essentials, unity; in non-essentials, liberty; in all things, charity. - Rupertus Meldenius

If your grace ain't greasier than a bucket full of chitlin's and gravy, you might be a legalist - an internet friend.

I think the price in Illinois is close. I’ll try to drive by and check and we don’t have that stupid $15 dollar wage, though my daughter could use it. She’s a manager and doesn’t even make $10.

Smell.....gross. Never moving there.

When the minimum wage increased to $15 an hour, some of the workers told their employers they needed to take less hours to keep their income under a certain amount for their state benefit money (welfare). It will take 3 years for it to reach $15 and I believe this is year 2.

A manager only making less than $10?

Some FF joints are now marjiauna stores, no pun intended. lol

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ChangedByHim View Post
    As the title suggests, name some FF places that have gone downhill, particularly in the area of food quality or portion size.

For me, I'd nominate Burger King and KFC. BK used to have pretty good burgers, flame grilled right in front of you. Now they're about half the size and microwaved, as best as I can tell. As for KFC... I think they've tampered with the Colonel's recipe.

What at do you say?
    in our area KFC quit having a buffet and no more fried chicken livers ! My mom and dad were regulars on tuesday , senior discount day , but no more ! I would eat with them sometimes but it was kind of average .

One thing I've noticed about fast food restaurants in general is it's like pulling teeth to get them to give you ketchup, napkins etc.. at the drive thru UNLESS YOU ASK FOR THEM.

Back in the day I never had to ask.
    Galatians 6:14 - But God forbid that I should boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world.

Quote Originally Posted by mailmandan View Post
    One thing I've noticed about fast food restaurants in general is it's like pulling teeth to get them to give you ketchup, napkins etc.. at the drive thru UNLESS YOU ASK FOR THEM.

Back in the day I never had to ask.
    Quite a while ago I was in a place that wasn't strictly "fast food" but kind of was because you served yourself in a buffet-style line and then paid. The guy at the till asked me if I needed so many packets of salt and vinegar. I'd just taken a small handful. He looked and told me they weren't free. I imagine he realised from the look on my face that I was about to just abandon my tray of food and leave because he said something like "I'll let you have those".

At the time I'd have expected to pay maybe $8-10 for the food I had and this guy expected me to pay closer to $15, and then pay extra to put salt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonajero View Post
    Quite a while ago I was in a place that wasn't strictly "fast food" but kind of was because you served yourself in a buffet-style line and then paid. The guy at the till asked me if I needed so many packets of salt and vinegar. I'd just taken a small handful. He looked and told me they weren't free. I imagine he realised from the look on my face that I was about to just abandon my tray of food and leave because he said something like "I'll let you have those".

At the time I'd have expected to pay maybe $8-10 for the food I had and this guy expected me to pay closer to $15, and then pay extra to put salt on it.
    They look for every way possible to nickel and dime you these days. I remember when salads came with a meal as a free side and now they want to charge you like $4 for just a basic salad in addition to what you pay for your meal.
    Galatians 6:14 - But God forbid that I should boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world.

Blog Entries

Big Mac meal in my town:

$6.19 before tax.

Big Mac meal in my town:

$6.19 before tax.
    Wow! This shows that our currency is almost under valued by half.

All these years and McDonald's still fails to have onion rings and hot dogs. Their "build your own" sandwiches missed the mark.
    Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.Matt 5:6

I have set you an example that you should do as I have done for you. John 13:15

Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.
    And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.
    Matt 25:46

For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith,
    and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.
    1 Tim 6:10

Onion rings and Hotdogs is what Harveys is for

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Athanasius View Post
    Onion rings and Hotdogs is what Harveys is for
    Now that BK has hot dogs, one can go there too.

Does anyone remember the fast food restaurant "SMAKS?" There was one that opened in the neighborhood I grew up in back in the 70's but by the early 80's or so, it closed down.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mailmandan View Post
    Does anyone remember the fast food restaurant "SMAKS?" There was one that opened in the neighborhood I grew up in back in the 70's but by the early 80's or so, it closed down.

Never heard of it. Maybe it was regional.

Thread Information