Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Revelation & history part 4

Blog Entries

Re: Revelation & history part 4

Quote Originally Posted by randyk View Post
    I think what we have is a motif, which uses the concept of 3.5 years to convey a particular time of trouble within a 7 year period. It is precisely half of a 7 year period. It is therefore a "shortened" period of time, or less than a "Week" of years.

The idea of a shortened "Week" comes from Dan 9 and the 70 Weeks of years. The final and 70th Week is shortened to 3.5 years because Messiah is "cut off" in the "midst of the Week."

This follows after mention of a 3.5 year period that will belong to Antichrist's rule just prior to the establishment of Christ's Kingdom. And we also have, in ch. 8 and in ch. 11, the rule of Antiochus 4, whose period of desolating Jerusalem lasts about 3.5 years.

So the 3.5 years period is a motif. We do know that the Jewish War 66-70 AD was approx. 3.5 years. This does not, however, mean that the 3.5 year Jewish War was synonymous with the 3.5 year time that the Woman spends in the wilderness!

My view is that the 3.5 years in Rev 12 associates with the 3.5 years of Antichrist's reign in Dan 7. In fact, I believe *all* of the 3.5 year periods in the book of Revelation associate with the 3.5 years of Antichrist's reign in Dan 7!

The 3.5 years, the 42 months, the 1260 days all refer to the 3.5 years mentioned in Dan 7. They have nothing to do with the Jewish War in 66-70 AD, the 3.5 year period of desolation under Antiochus 4, or any other period of 3.5 years in history.
    How about the 3 1/2 years earlier in the chapter which is clearly a. Time before

See my part 3 thread

Quote Originally Posted by marty fox View Post
    How about the 3 1/2 years earlier in the chapter which is clearly a. Time before

See my part 3 thread
    Please don't make me look up earlier threads to find out what you're talking about! You can always post a link to it. Anyway, if you're talking about the 3.5 years in Rev 11, my point was that *all* of the references to 3.5 years in the book of Revelation refer back to the 3.5 years in Dan 7, the reign of Antichrist.

Blog Entries

Please don't make me look up earlier threads to find out what you're talking about! You can always post a link to it. Anyway, if you're talking about the 3.5 years in Rev 11, my point was that *all* of the references to 3.5 years in the book of Revelation refer back to the 3.5 years in Dan 7, the reign of Antichrist.
    Sorry but I’m working from my phone

The thread is on the first page but it’s the first 3 1/ years in chapter 12

Sorry but I’m working from my phone

The thread is on the first page but it’s the first 3 1/ years in chapter 12
    I understand, and that's okay. So, my answer is the same, that all of the 3.5 year periods given in the book of Revelation refer back to the 3.5 years in Dan 7. They are time, times and half a time, 42 months, and 1260 days.

The 1260 days has nothing to do with the 1290 days, 1335 days, and 2300 days in the book of Daniel. The 1260 days are tied to the 3.5 years of Dan 7.

We know that because the 3.5 years in the book of Revelation are connected to the Beast, or to the Antichrist. And the Antichrist is mentioned only in Dan 7. So the 3.5 years and the 1260 days have to do with the Antichrist in Dan 7. This eliminates any other period of 3.5 years, including Antiochus 4, and the Roman desolation of Jerusalem. The 1290 days, the 1335 days, and the 2300 days have to do with Antiochus, and have nothing to do with the Antichrist.

Blog Entries

I understand, and that's okay. So, my answer is the same, that all of the 3.5 year periods given in the book of Revelation refer back to the 3.5 years in Dan 7. They are time, times and half a time, 42 months, and 1260 days.

The 1260 days has nothing to do with the 1290 days, 1335 days, and 2300 days in the book of Daniel. The 1260 days are tied to the 3.5 years of Dan 7.

We know that because the 3.5 years in the book of Revelation are connected to the Beast, or to the Antichrist. And the Antichrist is mentioned only in Dan 7. So the 3.5 years and the 1260 days have to do with the Antichrist in Dan 7. This eliminates any other period of 3.5 years, including Antiochus 4, and the Roman desolation of Jerusalem. The 1290 days, the 1335 days, and the 2300 days have to do with Antiochus, and have nothing to do with the Antichrist.
    I agree with your last sentence on AE

Blog Entries

In Rev 12:6 the woman flees into the wilderness for 1260 days and after she flees satan is cast down to the earth(I believe this happens when Jesus ascended back up to heaven) in verses 7-9.

Then starting in verse 13 satan pursues the woman after he has been cast down to the earth but this time for a time times and half a time'

So the woman is protected for a time period then satan is cast out of heaven and then satan peruses the woman and she is protected for another time period.

Thus these are definitely two separate time periods and they are also described differently

In Rev 12:6 the woman flees into the wilderness for 1260 days and after she flees satan is cast down to the earth(I believe this happens when Jesus ascended back up to heaven) in verses 7-9.

Then starting in verse 13 satan pursues the woman after he has been cast down to the earth but this time for a time times and half a time'

So the woman is protected for a time period then satan is cast out of heaven and then satan peruses the woman and she is protected for another time period.

Thus these are definitely two separate time periods and they are also described differently
    This is a very difficult passage, and I can't definitively interpret it. However, I still see the 3.5 years in all of the book of Revelation as a single period. It is the reign of Antichrist, directly preceding the reign of Christ.

Blog Entries

This is a very difficult passage, and I can't definitively interpret it. However, I still see the 3.5 years in all of the book of Revelation as a single period. It is the reign of Antichrist, directly preceding the reign of Christ.
    But how can it be the same time if satan is cast down to the earth and then pursues the woman in between them? The woman is protected two different times once while satan is in heaven and then again after satan Is cast out of heaven

why would the two times periods be described differently? To show that they are different times just like the 42 months is described differently and a different 3 1/2 years

But how can it be the same time if satan is cast down to the earth and then pursues the woman in between them? The woman is protected two different times once while satan is in heaven and then again after satan Is cast out of heaven

why would the two times periods be described differently? To show that they are different times just like the 42 months is described differently and a different 3 1/2 years
    Rev 12.6 The woman fled into the wilderness to a place prepared for her by God, where she might be taken care of for 1,260 days... 14 The woman was given the two wings of a great eagle, so that she might fly to the place prepared for her in the wilderness, where she would be taken care of for a time, times and half a time, out of the serpent’s reach.

I can't be sure of my interpretation because I don't fully understand the symbolism. But I can give you a version that makes sense of it that has the same time period apply for both periods, the 1260 days and the 3.5 years.

I see the Woman as Israel, who in the NT period has been cast out into the Wilderness, in a Jewish Diaspora. But here in this vision, the Woman is now "in her place," which might be the land of Israel. And so, she is now being preserved while still in a state of Diaspora.

She has given birth to Christ, the "Man Child." And here in this vision she has also given birth to "other children," which are Christians. They are being attacked by both Satan and the Antichrist. This is all seen in Dan 7, where Israel is viewed as being oppressed by the Little Horn. In this case, it's clear that these are *Christians* in Israel who are being attacked by the Antichrist.

So Israel is being preserved until her destiny is realized in which she will become a Christian nation. And she is also being attacked by the persecution of Antichrist against the Christians within her. One period of time.

Blog Entries

What you don't seem to follow is that the first vision is stated as being a SIGN in heaven. IOW it is symbolic.
    The second is not stated as being a SIGN but an event.
    The two are clearly related, but are they the SAME time period?
    Those who say that x, x2, x/2 is equal to 3.5 years and 1260 days, basically equate a year to 12 months of 30 days. Yet this is never prophetically proven, only a possibility duie to the months during the time of flood seeming to last 30 days.
    I however don't see x. x2, x/2 as being 3.5 years and so don't disagree with you for the reasons others might.
    The question is still, are they the SAME event, one event after the other, or two separate events but noted together as they are the SAME key actors in both?

Thread Information