Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Come Out of Her My People (Rev. 18:4)

Re: Come Out of Her My People (Rev. 18:4)

hence,
    "Babylon" is "their region, they made above Eden" ;
    as east of this earth ,

and only by analogy 'this earth' ,
    since they rule this earth fróm their HQ east of this earth ,
    ..making this earth more as their local Zoo ,
    implementing governments of them , who are constantly Deluding adamite souls
    with their fake politics and fake themes

Quote Originally Posted by Trivalee View Post
    The Beast to come is NOT the Muslims.

And what argument do have for the final empire of the beast to not be the Muslims?

They are the one in control of the region today with the thankful exception of Israel. Unfortunately, Israel is still not whole. Many parts of Israel is still under Muslim authority.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gavriel View Post
    And what argument do have for the final empire of the beast to not be the Muslims?

They are the one in control of the region today with the thankful exception of Israel. Unfortunately, Israel is still not whole. Many parts of Israel is still under Muslim authority.
    The key is in the Beasts of Daniel 2. Being in control of the mid-east region doesn't make them the 4th Beast.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by -loNe View Post
    hence,
    "Babylon" is "their region, they made above Eden" ;
    as east of this earth ,

and only by analogy 'this earth' ,
    since they rule this earth fróm their HQ east of this earth ,
    ..making this earth more as their local Zoo ,
    implementing governments of them , who are constantly Deluding adamite souls
    with their fake politics and fake themes
    You have a funny or shall I say, "strange" way of writing. One could be mistaken for thinking you're writing a poem. The only problem is the meaning often don't make sense

The key is in the Beasts of Daniel 2. Being in control of the mid-east region doesn't make them the 4th Beast.
    Head of Gold - Neo-Babylonian Empire
    Arms and Chest of Silver - Persian Empire
    Bronze Belly and Thighs - Greek Empire
    Iron Legs - Roman Empire in two legs, first from Rome, then from Byzantium (Constantinople).
    Feet of Iron and Clay - the Muslim Empire. The empire that replaced the Roman empire's rule over the Holy Land. This last empire is characterized in Daniel as a varied people that are seldom united. The Muslims are very much a varied people, Arab, Turks, Persians, Afghans, Indians, Indonesians, Libyan, Egyptians, etc. And they don't get along very well with each other. And truly they have been seldom united. The Muslims fit the empire of iron and clay precisely. They are also the seventh head of the beast in Revelation 17.

So Daniel 2 works for the Muslims too. When one recognizes that the Muslims make up 25% of the world's population, that they are very much a warlike people, and have little tolerance for others, and that they have an everlasting hatred toward Israel and the Jewish people, I would say not only are they a good candidate, they are the candidate. The Muslims are the empire of iron and clay. They are the seventh head of the beast.

Shalom,

Gavriel

Not necessarily. It could be either Israel or the church, depending on the context.
    What does the Bible say about who is "My People"?

Exodus 3:7 (NASB)
    7 The Lord said, “I have surely seen the affliction of My people who are in Egypt, and have given heed to their cry because of their taskmasters, for I am aware of their sufferings.

My People are the Jewish people, whether they are in Egypt, or Israel, or walking in the desert, whether they are in Jerusalem, or New York City. It doesn't matter. My People are G-d's People, the Jewish people, no matter where they are. To read something more into this is not helpful to anyone.

Romans 11:11-18 (NASB)
    11 I say then, they did not stumble so as to fall, did they? May it never be! But by their transgression salvation has come to the Gentiles, to make them jealous. 12 Now if their transgression is riches for the world and their failure is riches for the Gentiles, how much more will their fulfillment be! 13 But I am speaking to you who are Gentiles. Inasmuch then as I am an apostle of Gentiles, I magnify my ministry, 14 if somehow I might move to jealousy my fellow countrymen and save some of them. 15 For if their rejection is the reconciliation of the world, what will their acceptance be but life from the dead? 16 If the first piece of dough is holy, the lump is also; and if the root is holy, the branches are too.
    17 But if some of the branches were broken off, and you, being a wild olive, were grafted in among them and became partaker with them of the rich root of the olive tree, 18 do not be arrogant toward the branches; but if you are arrogant, remember that it is not you who supports the root, but the root supports you.

Now Gentile believers are grafted into the vine of the Jewish people. They too are G-d's People. So the command to "Come Out of Her My People" are first for the Jewish people, and then for all the Gentile believers who have been grafted in by accepting the Messiah as Lord and Savior.

Shalom,

Gavriel

Blog Entries

Iron Legs - Roman Empire in two legs, first from Rome, then from Byzantium (Constantinople).
    Feet of Iron and Clay - the Muslim Empire. The empire that replaced the Roman empire's rule over the Holy Land. This last empire is characterized in Daniel as a varied people that are seldom united. The Muslims are very much a varied people, Arab, Turks, Persians, Afghans, Indians, Indonesians, Libyan, Egyptians, etc. And they don't get along very well with each other. And truly they have been seldom united. The Muslims fit the empire of iron and clay precisely. They are also the seventh head of the beast in Revelation 17.

So Daniel 2 works for the Muslims too. When one recognizes that the Muslims make up 25% of the world's population, that they are very much a warlike people, and have little tolerance for others, and that they have an everlasting hatred toward Israel and the Jewish people, I would say not only are they a good candidate, they are the candidate. The Muslims are the empire of iron and clay. They are the seventh head of the beast.
    Your case is even weaker than I thought. If the division between Muslims is the bedrock of your case, then I don't suppose you've heard that neither Catholics, Episcopals, Evangelicals, Church of England (Anglicans) etc. agree with each other either?

Your case is even weaker than I thought. If the division between Muslims is the bedrock of your case, then I don't suppose you've heard that neither Catholics, Episcopals, Evangelicals, Church of England (Anglicans) etc. agree with each other either?
    The "seldom united" aspect from Nebuchadnezzer's dream is hardly a bedrock. It is nothing more than a descriptive detail. The bedrock is the rulership over the Holy Land. In the 7th century AD, Rashidun Muslims wrestled control of the region from the Byzantine Romans. The Muslim have been a fixture in the region ever since, over 1300 years. In this respect they are a warring conquering empire, like the Romans, Greeks, Persians, and Neo-Babylonians before them. The Catholics, Protestants, etc. are not warring conquering empires.

The Muslims are the empire of iron and clay. They are also the seventh and final head of the beast, the one yet to come that must remain for a little while.

You are free to disagree. Truthfully, I write this for the others that read these post. The Muslims today are the great adversary of G-d's Holy People. They fit the prophecies precisely. Nothing else will ever fulfill them as well.

The Muslims today are the great adversary of G-d's Holy People. They fit the prophecies precisely. Nothing else will ever fulfill them as well.
    I agree with your conclusion. Middle Eastern nations are not cohesive, but they all hate Israel.

The federation of ten kingdoms:

Dan 2:41* And whereas thou sawest the feet and toes, part of potters' clay, and part of iron, the kingdom shall be divided; but there shall be in it of the strength of the iron, forasmuch as thou sawest the iron mixed with miry clay.*
    Dan 2:42* And as the toes of the feet were part of iron, and part of clay, so the kingdom shall be partly strong, and partly broken.*
    Dan 2:43* And whereas thou sawest iron mixed with miry clay, they shall mingle themselves with the seed of men: but they shall not cleave one to another, even as iron is not mixed with clay.

Not much has changed. The words spoken to Ishmael Gen 16:11,12 and to Esau in Gen 27:40, 11 are a harbinger of the future.

I am not sure, but the ten countries may be named in Psalms:

Psa 83:4* They have said, Come, and let us cut them off from being a nation; that the name of Israel may be no more in remembrance.*
    Psa 83:5* For they have consulted together with one consent: they are confederate against thee:*
    Psa 83:6* The tabernacles of Edom, and the Ishmaelites; of Moab, and the Hagarenes;*
    Psa 83:7* Gebal, and Ammon, and Amalek; the Philistines with the inhabitants of Tyre;*
    Psa 83:8* Assur also is joined with them: they have holpen the children of Lot. Selah.

These countries correspond (in order)to modern day nations/cities- Southern Jordan, Arabs, central or western Jordan, Egypt, Lebanon, northern Jordan, Sinai Peninsula, Palestinians, [Tyre] a city in Lebanon, and Syria or Iraq. These verses refer to both past and future.

Blog Entries

The "seldom united" aspect from Nebuchadnezzer's dream is hardly a bedrock. It is nothing more than a descriptive detail. The bedrock is the rulership over the Holy Land. In the 7th century AD, Rashidun Muslims wrestled control of the region from the Byzantine Romans. The Muslim have been a fixture in the region ever since, over 1300 years. In this respect they are a warring conquering empire, like the Romans, Greeks, Persians, and Neo-Babylonians before them. The Catholics, Protestants, etc. are not warring conquering empires.

The Muslims are the empire of iron and clay. They are also the seventh and final head of the beast, the one yet to come that must remain for a little while.

You are free to disagree. Truthfully, I write this for the others that read these post. The Muslims today are the great adversary of G-d's Holy People. They fit the prophecies precisely. Nothing else will ever fulfill them as well.
    Just one question, you claim the Muslims are the 7th head of the Beast that is YET TO COME, still, you point out that they have been around for 1300 years! How so?

Revelation 18:4 (NASB)
    I heard another voice from heaven, saying, “Come out of her, my people, so that you will not participate in her sins and receive of her plagues;

This is nothing short than a command from heaven itself. Who is the target of this command. Revelation chapter 17 and 18 provides many clues. The key clue is determining who is the "her" in Revelation 18:4.

Revelation 17:18 (NASB)
    18 The woman whom you saw is the great city, which reigns over the kings of the earth.”

This may be the best identifying verse. The book of Revelation refers to the "her" as a "great city."

Revelation 18:10, 16, 18, 19, and 21 all refer to "her" as a city. That is six very clear identifying clues that point that the "her" is a city, and a great city at that. The Greek word used from the oldest manuscripts is "polis". In English the word "metropolis" is derived from this Greek word. Metropolis is a very good term to describe this city.

Back up in Revelation 17:18 is another very unique and identifying clue. It says that this " great city" will "reign over the kings of the earth." Let's think about this for a moment or two. We have a great city that reigns over the kings of the earth. The NIV uses the word "rules" in place of "reign". Either way this is an amazing declaration. How can a single city have the power to reign or rule the kings of the earth? When looking at the history of the world, this is not a usual condition. Rome may be the greatest ancient example, but even that great city's empire could not claim rulership over the "kings of the earth." There were many other kings of the earth at the time of Rome's greatest expansion that were not under Roman rule, whether they be Germanic kings, or Parthian rulers, or many others.

Revelation 17:18 (NIV)
    18 The woman you saw is the great city that rules over the kings of the earth.”

This "reign over the kings of the earth" clue alludes to a global rulership. For the Apostle John in the first century AD this is more than an amazing concept. During John's time this would have been impossible. In the history of the earth, there have only been two governments that had global authority over the other kings or nations of the earth. The first was the League of Nations with its headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland. Created after the end of World War I, it was dissolved after World War II . The second is the United Nation headquartered in New York City (1952). Geneva does not fulfill the prophecy. But what about New York City? Could the "her' from Revelation 18:4 be New York City? It does contain a government that makes rulings over the the other government of the earth. And this government is unique in that it is not a part of a nation, but is a collection of nations headquartered in a single great city.

One may say that the United Nation is ineffective and would not be a good fit. But the prophecy does not indicate anything about the quality of "her" rule. It just says that she will rule. The United Nations makes regular resolutions or rulings that govern the action of the nations of the earth from rules governing trade on the high seas, to peace keeping missions in the world's hot spots, to combating hunger and disease, and much more. I would agree that many of these endeavors are fruitless, but alas that determination is not a part of the prophecy. And the prophecy is more pointed toward the city than the government within her.

The ramification that New York City is the "her" in Revelation 18:4 is simply amazing. Could the book of Revelation, written in the first century AD, be referring to a city that would not even be settled until 1624AD, over 1500 years later? This is a miracle in and of itself. For the believer though, this should not be a difficult concept. But for the unbeliever this could potentially be life changing.

There are many clues in Revelation 17 and 18 concerning this "great city." But more on that in later post.

Shalom
    Yes, this was also David Wilkerson's thoughts on the matter. I wrote him a letter, disagreeing with him. I said that the Woman is clearly Rome, and that an identification with the US is, in my view, "false prophecy." The Woman is associated with 7 hills, and also with 7 empires in history. One of the "kings" existed in John's day. That had to be Rome.

Wilkerson, to his credit, said that he was not prophesying that the Woman was Rome--only that God showed him the same elements in the US as is seen in the Woman. I'm fine with that. The US is falling fast. But then again, why should the US be destroyed by the 10 kings and the Antichrist? They are worse than America!

So I think the Woman was indeed Rome, but only one phase of this Woman's development. In the endtimes she will continue, just as she "ruled kings of the earth" in the time of Jesus. To rule the kings on earth is a general statement--not necessarily a comprehensive claim to absolute rule over *all* kings! It is a statement of an *empire,* as opposed to a monarchy. Rome was an *empire!*

I think that in the endtimes Antichrist will rule, not over the whole earth but only over 10 kings. However, his pull will impact the whole world, striking them with fear, and eliciting worship among carnal people the world over. He will represent freedom of religion *away from God,* as opposed to in conformity with God. This will be "free morality," or human license.

Surely the Antichrist will have a formidable empire. But it will never match the empire of Jesus. Jesus' Kingdom will truly be comprehensive. Antichrist's Empire will be transient and limited.

Just one question, you claim the Muslims are the 7th head of the Beast that is YET TO COME, still, you point out that they have been around for 1300 years! How so?
    Revelation 17 New American Standard Bible (NASB)
    10 and they are seven kings; five have fallen, one is, the other has not yet come; and when he comes, he must remain a little while.

Revelation was written during the time of the Apostle John. The Romans ruled the Holy Land at the time. There are the "one is." The "has not yet come" is the one that would follow Rome's rule. The Muslims conquered the Holy Land from the Byzantine Romans in the seventh century AD. They have ruled the region and far more ever since, over 1300 years.

Daniel 2 New American Standard Bible (NASB)
    4 You continued looking until a stone was cut out without hands, and it struck the statue on its feet of iron and clay and crushed them.

They are the last empire. They next thing is a stone not cut out by human hands that will destroy this empire and its warlike ways with it. Note that the stone strikes the statue at the feet of iron and clay. The Muslims will not be destroyed by man. The Messiah will take care of them. Baruch HaShem!

A new kingdom ruled by the Messiah will follow.

Daniel 2 New American Standard Bible (NASB)
    44 In the days of those kings the God of heaven will set up a kingdom which will never be destroyed, and that kingdom will not be left for another people; it will crush and put an end to all these kingdoms, but it will itself endure forever.

Shalom,

Gavriel

Edited to add greater clarity.

Quote Originally Posted by randyk View Post
    Yes, this was also David Wilkerson's thoughts on the matter. I wrote him a letter, disagreeing with him. I said that the Woman is clearly Rome, and that an identification with the US is, in my view, "false prophecy." The Woman is associated with 7 hills, and also with 7 empires in history. One of the "kings" existed in John's day. That had to be Rome.
    The woman is not a part of the beast. The woman has nothing to do with the seven hills or the seven empires.

Revelation 17 (NIV)
    16 The beast and the ten horns you saw will hate the prostitute. They will bring her to ruin and leave her naked; they will eat her flesh and burn her with fire.

Scripture is clear on the relationship between the beast and woman (prostitute). The beast hates the prostitute. They are not united.

Wilkerson, to his credit, said that he was not prophesying that the Woman was Rome--only that God showed him the same elements in the US as is seen in the Woman. I'm fine with that. The US is falling fast. But then again, why should the US be destroyed by the 10 kings and the Antichrist? They are worse than America!

So I think the Woman was indeed Rome, but only one phase of this Woman's development. In the endtimes she will continue, just as she "ruled kings of the earth" in the time of Jesus. To rule the kings on earth is a general statement--not necessarily a comprehensive claim to absolute rule over *all* kings! It is a statement of an *empire,* as opposed to a monarchy. Rome was an *empire!*
    Rome had its time. That is long past. Rome didn't rule the kings of the earth in the time of our Messiah. They didn't rule over the civilizations in the Indus Valley, or China, or the Americas. The United Nations rules over all of them. One might say that the United Nations has ineffective leadership. And I would agree with that. But the prophecy does not go into the quality of the woman's rulership. It just says that it will. The detail about "ruling the kings of the earth" is just a descriptor. The prophecy is all about the great city and her ultimate fate. For the great city is within G-d's kingdom. And G-d's Holy People are in jeopardy by living there. That is why the command "Come Out of Her My People" needs to be heard and understood. To not correctly identify the subject could cost lives, many lives.

I think that in the endtimes Antichrist will rule, not over the whole earth but only over 10 kings. However, his pull will impact the whole world, striking them with fear, and eliciting worship among carnal people the world over. He will represent freedom of religion *away from God,* as opposed to in conformity with God. This will be "free morality," or human license.
    Again the woman is but a great city. It is not the beast or the antichrist. The woman will have nothing to do with the ten toes or ten horns.

Surely the Antichrist will have a formidable empire. But it will never match the empire of Jesus. Jesus' Kingdom will truly be comprehensive. Antichrist's Empire will be transient and limited.
    I can agree with this.

Shalom,

Gavriel

Quote Originally Posted by verity View Post
    I agree with your conclusion. Middle Eastern nations are not cohesive, but they all hate Israel.

The federation of ten kingdoms:

Dan 2:41* And whereas thou sawest the feet and toes, part of potters' clay, and part of iron, the kingdom shall be divided; but there shall be in it of the strength of the iron, forasmuch as thou sawest the iron mixed with miry clay.*
    Dan 2:42* And as the toes of the feet were part of iron, and part of clay, so the kingdom shall be partly strong, and partly broken.*
    Dan 2:43* And whereas thou sawest iron mixed with miry clay, they shall mingle themselves with the seed of men: but they shall not cleave one to another, even as iron is not mixed with clay.
    I too used to think that there would be a ten nation confederacy with the last empire of the beast, the Muslims. I once believed that ten nations would ban together to wage war against the saints. But today I am not as certain. And it started with a conclusion from Daniel Chapter 2, Nebuchadnezzar's Dream.

I knew that Rome were the legs of iron, but I was somewhat baffled by the two legs until I was given a little revelation. Baruch HaShem! Rome ruled over the Holy Land in two legs, first from the city of Rome and then from the East after the empire was divided. So, I wondered what was the time from Rome and what was the time from the Eastern empire.

The Holy Land was ruled from Rome starting with the conquest by Pompey the Great in 63 BC up to Emperor Diocletian’s splitting of the empire in 285 AD. This is a period of 348 years.

So, beginning in 285 AD the Holy Land was ruled from the east, and eventually from the Eastern Roman Empire capital of Constantinople. These Eastern or Byzantine Romans would rule over the Holy Land until the rise of Islam. In 634 AD followers of the prophet Mohammad won the Battle of Ajnadayn over the Byzantine Romans, beginning the Muslim conquest of the Holy Land. This would be the beginning of the end of the Byzantine or Eastern Roman Empire’s rule over the Holy Land. So, to recap, the Holy Land was ruled from the city of Rome for 348 years. The Holy Land was then ruled from the eastern portions of the Roman Empire and the city of Constantinople from 285AD to 634AD, or approximately 349 years. One leg from the western city of Rome lasted approximately 348 years. One leg from east and later the city of Constantinople lasted approximately 349 years.

These are very precise time frames that are nearly equal. Two legs of iron! It is quite amazing how accurately Nebuchadnezzar's statue symbolized the various empires.

Well if Rome was represented in two parts what of the Muslim empire that followed? Amazingly, the Muslim empire are actually a succession of kingdoms or authorities that have ruled over the Holy Land, or at least some of it, starting with the first Muslim Empire, the Rashiduns. So, below is a list:

1.) Rashidun Caliphate 632AD to 661AD
    2.) Umayyad Caliphate 661AD to 750AD
    3.) Abbassid Caliphate 750AD to 969AD
    4.) Fatimid Caliphate 969AD to 1073AD
    5.) Seljuq Empire 1073AD to 1098AD
    6.) Ayyubid Dynasty 1187AD to 1260AD
    7.) Mamluk Sultanate 1260AD to 1517AD
    8.) Ottoman Empire 1517AD to 1917AD
    9.) Nation of Jordan 1949AD to 1993AD
    10.) Palestinian National Authority 1993AD to Today

Ten! Some strong like the Rashiduns, or the Ayyubid Dynasty founded by Saladin of "Kingdom of Heaven" fame, or the Ottoman Turks. But some are weak like the Seljuqs, the Nation of Jordan, and the Palestinian National Authority. It fits the ten toes, some of iron, and some of clay. It fits the ten horns too.

Shalom,

Gavriel

gavriel, Thanks for the history lesson. What little history I know is mostly from historical novels and the Bible.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The picture of the city in Rev 17 and 18 is all about apostate religion. Fornication, abomination, and whoredom all have to do with idols and idolatry. (Deut 7:25) Babylon is the mother of harlots. The history involving Babylon began before the call of Abraham in Gen 10:8-10 and Gen 11 and continued throughout history.

Babylonian influence infiltrated the teachings in the synagogues. The "oral law" is a corruption of the law of Moses. It was “interpreted” until it became tradition that is so full of leaven that it makes the Word of God of no effect. This “law of the Jews” is full of fables. (Titus 1:14) The influence of these false teachings pervades religions worldwide.

Babylon the Great, the Harlot, is the mother of false religion with Satan as the driving force. A look at all the cathedrals, temples, and ornate churches around the world show her abominations are not necessarily confined to a single city.

Rev 18
    For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies.And the merchants of the earth shall weep and mourn over her; for no man buyeth their merchandise any more. The merchandise of gold, and silver, and precious stones, and of pearls, and fine linen, and purple, and silk, and scarlet, and all thine wood, and all manner of vessels...and souls of men.

Does this not bring to mind statues, robes, challises, tapestries, incense, false gods of gold and silver?

Also:
    Rev 18:22* And the voice of harpers, and musicians, and of pipers, and trumpeters, shall be heard no more at all in thee; and no craftsman, of whatsoever craft he be, shall be found any more in thee; and the sound of a millstone shall be heard no more at all in thee;*
    Rev 18:23* And the light of a candle shall shine no more at all in thee; and the voice of the bridegroom and of the bride shall be heard no more at all in thee: for thy merchants were the great men of the earth; for by thy sorceries were all nations deceived.*

It will be the merchants and tradesmen and craftsmen the world over who will mourn her passing. Why? Because they became rich supplying all the materials for the idols and the idolatrous churches of the world.

Rev 14:8* And there followed another angel, saying, Babylon is fallen, is fallen, that great city, because she made all nations drink of the wine of the wrath of her fornication.*

Rev 16:19* And the great city was divided into three parts, and the cities of the nations fell: and great Babylon came in remembrance before God, to give unto her the cup of the wine of the fierceness of His wrath.

Also, although the present day city of Babylon is basically in ruins, it has been a slow decline. This did not happen "suddenly" or "in one hour" or "in a moment in one day." Also, although there are few inhabitants, scripture states that "it shall no more be inhabited forever...so shall no man abide there...neither shall the Arabian pitch tent there."

Isa 13:19* And Babylon, the glory of kingdoms, the beauty of the Chaldees' excellency, shall be as when God overthrew Sodom and Gomorrah.*
    Isa 13:20* It shall never be inhabited, neither shall it be dwelt in from generation to generation: neither shall the Arabian pitch tent there; neither shall the shepherds make their fold there.*
    Isa 13:21* But wild beasts of the desert shall lie there; and their houses shall be full of doleful creatures; and owls shall dwell there, and satyrs shall dance there.*
    Isa 13:22* And the wild beasts of the islands shall cry in their desolate houses, and dragons in their pleasant palaces: and her time is near to come, and her days shall not be prolonged.*

Thread Information