Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: So who's this Anti-Christ character?

Re: So who's this Anti-Christ character?

The ant-christ is the one who believes Jesus Christ but he himself or herself does not believe that he or she is Christ.

Quote Originally Posted by Keraz View Post
    Those prophesies are important to us because we are the generation that will experience them.
    How do you know?
    Ignorance of what God has planned, when He has told us plainly and graphically, is just foolishness.

The Lord has made known His plan, He will not relent or change it.
    The whole point of warning us is to stir repentance, not have us dig a fallout shelter in our backyard. really, now.
    "For a small moment have I forsaken you, and with great mercy will I gather you.With a little wrath did I hide My countenance for a moment from you, and with everlasting kindness will I have compassion on you," said your Redeemer, the Lord."..."For the mountains shall depart and the hills totter, but My kindness shall not depart from you, neither shall the covenant of My peace totter," says the Lord, Who has compassion on you.

Isaiah 54

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kawuma Julius View Post
    The ant-christ is the one who believes Jesus Christ but he himself or herself does not believe that he or she is Christ.
    I see the Antichrist as one who makes himself equal to Christ, thus rejecting Christ, and magnifying himself. That means he never accepted Jesus as the Christ. Dan 8:11 speaks of magnifying himself to the prince of hosts.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fenris View Post
    How do you know?

The whole point of warning us is to stir repentance, not have us dig a fallout shelter in our backyard. really, now.
    There are two main ways of knowing that the Day of the Lord's wrath is close.
    Firstly; the Bible. Jesus said that He would work for 2 'days', then achieve His reward. Luke 13:32 Paralleled by Hosea 6:2. 2 witnesses tell us that to the Lord 1 day equals 1000 years earth time. Psalms 90:4, 2 Peter 3:8 There has been 1988 years since Jesus began His ministry.

The other way is simply the state of the world today, as in the days of Noah, people just getting on with their lives without a thought for their Creator. God will correct this situation, as he did then. And scoffers have surely come, who say: Everything goes on as normal, we need fear nothing.

Quite right, we must have repentance and a strong faith at all times.
    But the prophets do tell us to be prepared spiritually and physically and Isaiah 26:20-21 clearly says we should seek shelter on the Day the Lord punishes the world for their sins.

Blog Entries

There are two main ways of knowing that the Day of the Lord's wrath is close.
    Firstly; the Bible. Jesus said that He would work for 2 'days', then achieve His reward.
    No, he said he would cast out devils and do cures for two days and then be perfected the 3rd day, not rewarded. This is not about thousands of years but 3 literal days.

Luk 13:32 And he said unto them, Go ye, and tell that fox, Behold, I cast out devils, and I do cures to day and to morrow, and the third day I shall be perfected.

Luk 13:32 And he said unto them, Go ye, and tell that fox, Behold, I cast out devils, and I do cures to day and to morrow, and the third day I shall be perfected.
    Luk 13:33 Nevertheless I must walk to day, and to morrow, and the day following: for it cannot be that a prophet perish out of Jerusalem.
    Luk 13:34 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, which killest the prophets, and stonest them that are sent unto thee; how often would I have gathered thy children together, as a hen doth gather her brood under her wings, and ye would not!
    Luk 13:35 Behold, your house is left unto you desolate: and verily I say unto you, Ye shall not see me, until the time come when ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord.

Barnes:

The third day - After a little time. Perhaps, however, he meant “literally” that he would depart on that day for Jerusalem; that for two or three days more he would remain in the villages of Galilee, and then go on his way to Jerusalem.
    I shall be perfected - Rather, I shall have ended my course “here;” I shall have “perfected” what I purpose to do in Galilee. It does not refer to his “personal” perfection, for he was always perfect, but it means that he would have “finished or completed” what he purposed to do in the regions of Herod. He would have completed his work, and would be ready then to go.

Gill:

and the third day I shall be perfected; that is, in a little time after, I shall be made perfect by sufferings, my course will be finished, and I shall have done all the work completely, I came about; and till that time come, it is not in his power, nor yours, nor all the men on earth, or devils in hell, to take away my life, or hinder me doing what I am about.
    James 4:10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ewq1938 View Post
    No, he said he would cast out devils and do cures for two days and then be perfected the 3rd day, not rewarded. This is not about thousands of years but 3 literal days.

Luk 13:33 Nevertheless I must walk to day, and to morrow, and the day following: for it cannot be that a prophet perish out of Jerusalem.
    Luk 13:34 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, which killest the prophets, and stonest them that are sent unto thee; how often would I have gathered thy children together, as a hen doth gather her brood under her wings, and ye would not!
    Luk 13:35 Behold, your house is left unto you desolate: and verily I say unto you, Ye shall not see me, until the time come when ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord.

Barnes:

The third day - After a little time. Perhaps, however, he meant “literally” that he would depart on that day for Jerusalem; that for two or three days more he would remain in the villages of Galilee, and then go on his way to Jerusalem.
    I shall be perfected - Rather, I shall have ended my course “here;” I shall have “perfected” what I purpose to do in Galilee. It does not refer to his “personal” perfection, for he was always perfect, but it means that he would have “finished or completed” what he purposed to do in the regions of Herod. He would have completed his work, and would be ready then to go.

Gill:

and the third day I shall be perfected; that is, in a little time after, I shall be made perfect by sufferings, my course will be finished, and I shall have done all the work completely, I came about; and till that time come, it is not in his power, nor yours, nor all the men on earth, or devils in hell, to take away my life, or hinder me doing what I am about.
    Luke 13:33 is not reiterating verse 32. Plain reading shows they are about 2 different time periods, not just His immediate fate.
    The first word of verse 33; Notwithstanding, is better said as; 'However', or 'Nevertheless', or just 'Yet'.

Bible translations render the last word of verse 32 in many ways, but being crucified is hardly 'perfected', or 'finish My course' and many other variations. BECAUSE, He didn't become perfected 2 days later and His work has continued thru the age.
    An age; the Church age, that we now know may well be completed 2000 years after Jesus commenced His work. Work that did NOT stop at the Cross. Proved by His appearance to Paul and to many even today.
    THEN Jesus will receive his reward of reigning over the world as King for 1000 years.
    Only 12 years to go!

Keraz said,
    Those prophesies are important to us because we are the generation that will experience them.
    In response Fenris said,
    How do you know?
    How does Keraz know?
    1. That's the purpose of the seals. They are prophetic indicators or 'events' that are meant to show us that those who witness them is the time approaching tribulation and the ultimate return of Jesus Christ. AND, according to several other 'indicators' (too many to mention here) we also have several reasons to believe that we are close to and approaching the time of the end.

2. Jesus said, "Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled."
    What generation is Jesus refering to?

I know that preterist like to say the generation Jesus is refering to is the one Jesus is speaking to. However, the grammar and context of the passage proves the generation Jesus is talking about is the one who experiences and endures ALL the events and conditions Jesus mentions between verses 2-33.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ewq1938 View Post
    I've never been a fan of that comparison. Sure, there is an evil trinity in the whole Satan and two beasts but they don't use the father/son/spirit metaphors...
    But that's exactly what Satan seeks out to do -- copy everything God does. So, Satan, the Beast and the False prophet are Satan's answer to the Holy Trinity.

Blog Entries

Bible translations render the last word of verse 32 in many ways, but being crucified is hardly 'perfected', or 'finish My course' and many other variations. BECAUSE, He didn't become perfected 2 days later and His work has continued thru the age.
    An age; the Church age, that we now know may well be completed 2000 years after Jesus commenced His work.

Jesus was speaking of Himself as a fleshly being, and that when perfected He would be Spiritual. For He knew that:

1 Cor 15:41 There is one glory of the sun, and another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars: for one star differeth from another star in glory. 42 So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption: 43 It is sown in dishonour; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power: 44 It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body...

1 Corinthians 15:50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

Jesus knew that He had to die to get to the place of sitting at the right Hand of God. In verse 32 he spoke of the physical flesh walking through life and then on the 3rd day He would become Spiritual. Then in verse 33 He jumps back to the physical to clarify that HIS DEATH AND RESURRECTION was not going to happen within 3 days literally.

Also, It was still NOT FOR THEM TO KNOW His full act of Salvation at that time.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ForHisglory View Post
    Basically yes, except it seems in one version of the heads he WAS physically present - which I take to mean A4E.
    The AC is like Satan a demonic being, yet he lived as a man, and we have that he will live as a man again. Now this becomes a side question as to how exactly a demonic / angelic being can be a man. Is this through impersonation, or possession or something else?
    As the spirit of AC is throughout the beast, so I don't think it is referring to possession, but rather impersonation, but may be it is something else.
    The only time that Satan will appear in physical form is when he is bound by Michael for 1000 years (Rev 20:2). At this time, Jesus is on earth and seen by all. With Jesus literally seen, it follows that his angels will also be in physical form too.

The Beast will be truly a man just as A4E was but empowered by Satan. But Satan will move from empowerment to possess the Beast when his image speaks.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenris View Post
    How do you know?

He/she does not know when it will happen. Jesus Christ himself said he didn't know when but only His father knows. Christians who claim they know are claiming they know more than their lord and savour. I doubt they do know more than there lord and savour..

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiah James View Post
    2. Jesus said, "Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled."
    What generation is Jesus refering to?

I know that preterist like to say the generation Jesus is refering to is the one Jesus is speaking to. However, the grammar and context of the passage proves the generation Jesus is talking about is the one who experiences and endures ALL the events and conditions Jesus mentions between verses 2-33.
    Right!

[I also believe Scripture teaches that "the Church which is His body" will not be present on the earth when the first Seal is opened; i.e. "the beginning of birth PANGS" / the INITIAL "birth PANG [singular; 1Th5:2-3]" which is the "whose coming [arrival/advent/presence]" of the man of sin 2Th2:9a, correlating also with the Dan9:27[26b] "for ONE WEEK [7 yrs]" -- the generation who sees the beginning of what Jesus was referring to will see "all these things" (i.e. in the 7-yrs leading up to His Second Coming to the earth FOR the promised and prophesied earthly Millennial Kingdom)]

Quote Originally Posted by rom826 View Post
    He/she does not know when it will happen. Jesus Christ himself said he didn't know when but only His father knows. Christians who claim they know are claiming they know more than their lord and savour. I doubt they do know more than there lord and savour..
    In the context, though, Jesus was referring to the point in time of His Second Coming to the earth (not our Rapture, per context); Once He resurrected/ascended [32ad] He then "knew" perfectly, and later in The Revelation [95ad], He disclosed further information ON *THAT* topic (the things involving and encompassing what all will LEAD UP TO His Second Coming to the earth, including various timing-clues, and time-stamps, etc)

... so that those who will be existing in that future time period SHOULD come to "know" IF they will but heed His Word (and heed those who will be conveying it faithfully, during that time period [like the 2W, and "the servants of our God" (Matt24:14,26:13,Matt22:9-14nasb[Rev19:9 distinct from v7],Matt25:40,Matt23:39, etc...]), but Scripture also informs us that many won't heed it (just as in Noah's day), that is, during those future 7 years leading up to His Second Coming to the earth FOR the promised and prophesied earthly Millennial Kingdom (the context of the Olivet Discourse) which will commence upon His "return".

The word "knows/knoweth" is in the perfect tense. That means it is true at the time He spoke it, but true only up until something else changes that status (i.e. His resurrection/ascension [32ad] and then [95ad's] Rev1:1 words "the revelation of Jesus Christ, WHICH GOD GAVE UNTO HIM, TO SHEW unto His servants..." and in it involves quite a revelation of details concerning "time elements" and so forth). What the "perfect tense" indicates is NOT the idea that no one WILL EVER know, nor CAN EVER know... This is not the idea being communicated there, though many repeat this as if it were so.

[again, the CONTEXT being His Second Coming to the earth]

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Soldier_of_Faith View Post
    Jesus was speaking of Himself as a fleshly being, and that when perfected He would be Spiritual. For He knew that:

Jesus knew that He had to die to get to the place of sitting at the right Hand of God. In verse 32 he spoke of the physical flesh walking through life and then on the 3rd day He would become Spiritual. Then in verse 33 He jumps back to the physical to clarify that HIS DEATH AND RESURRECTION was not going to happen within 3 days literally.

Also, It was still NOT FOR THEM TO KNOW His full act of Salvation at that time.
    Your attempts to make simple understanding of scripture into something else, is puzzling. Why do it?

Yes; the disciples were confused about Jesus' intentions. But we have the benefit of hindsight, of there being nearly 2000 years since then.
    You ignore the parallel prophecy in Hosea 6:2, that says there will be 2 'days', then He will revive us, raise us up and we shall live in His sight. Plainly referring to the Millennium.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rom826 View Post
    We do not know the day or the hour, but we CAN know the season. That 'season', is very apparently: NOW.
    When Jesus commenced His ministry, He quoted Isaiah 61:1-2a and said it was fulfilled then. He stopped before: and a day of the vengeance of our God. That is the next event prophesied to happen. We are told about it in over 100 prophesies and warned to be ready for it.

Psalms 83 describes an attack by the Islamic nations onto Israel. That is what will trigger the Lord's wrath and His vengeance upon those who hate His people.
    We can see the probability of this attack as imminent, as Iran prepares the weapons tipped with fire.... Psalms 7:12-16, Psalms 11:4-6, Revelation 6:12-17, +

Thread Information