Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: So who's this Anti-Christ character?

Blog Entries

Re: So who's this Anti-Christ character?

Quote Originally Posted by TheDivineWatermark View Post
    Nope. I believe "the beast" is both a kingdom AND an individual, so that where "he was given A MOUTH," this speaks to the INDIVIDUAL, just as in Daniel 7:20's "and a mouth that spake great things, whose look was more stout than his fellows. [...] the same horn made war with the saints, and prevailed against them" (see also v.25 "speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High [...] and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time" [same time period as Rev13:5-7]).
    You don't see that Daniel's 4th beast is the Rev 13:1 beast and the little horn is the false prophet? The little horn and FP are the antichrist...the beast kingdom with 7 heads and ten horns is NEVER the AC but the kingdom the AC rules over.

The second beast (the one coming up out of the earth) causes the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, but that isn't what we see in 2Th2:4 (which says "shewing himself that he is God" and in another place says "he will not regard... any god: for he shall exalt himself above all" Dan11:37)
    It's his kingdom. To worship the kingdom is to worship the FP. The math is simple on this...don't get tripped up on the FP wanting his kingdom worshiped.
    James 4:10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ewq1938 View Post
    And John says there is a singular Antichrist...and so do many others using different terms for the same person. So, you are incorrect. Teaching there is no singular AC only helps the singular AC in the long run. Congrats! You are helping the enemy.
    No I’m not helping the enemy I don’t deny the beast and what he does I just don’t call him the singular antichrist

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by marty fox View Post
    No I’m not helping the enemy I don’t deny the beast and what he does I just don’t call him the singular antichrist

Ok BUT, what if YOU are wrong? What if your teachings convince others there is no singular AC...and they accept that same guy, the false god...the actual Antichrist that everyone else knows the bible warns about? IMO this kind of teaching aids in the Apostasy...that there is no person who will claim to be God, or Christ returned...so they would accept the false one who claims to be God because they don't understand there actually is a real singular person who is the Antichrist John mentioned once, and others have spoken about. You are definitely wrong on this, I just don't know what else I can say to convince you. Trust me, this is a very bad path and a very bad teaching.
    James 4:10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

Blog Entries

Ok BUT, what if YOU are wrong? What if your teachings convince others there is no singular AC...and they accept that same guy, the false god...the actual Antichrist that everyone else knows the bible warns about? IMO this kind of teaching aids in the Apostasy...that there is no person who will claim to be God, or Christ returned...so they would accept the false one who claims to be God because they don't understand there actually is a real singular person who is the Antichrist John mentioned once, and others have spoken about. You are definitely wrong on this, I just don't know what else I can say to convince you. Trust me, this is a very bad path and a very bad teaching.
    I just believe that most of it was in the past

the bible tells us how to identify the real Jesus and what happens when he comes back every one can read that and I don’t teach anything different

Blog Entries

I just believe that most of it was in the past
    What you teach might be part of the future.

Blog Entries

No Iím not helping the enemy I donít deny the beast and what he does I just donít call him the singular antichrist
    Agree..............

Blog Entries

What you teach might be part of the future.
    And it also matches some events of the past

Quote Originally Posted by Keraz View Post
    But the prophets do tell us to be prepared spiritually and physically and Isaiah 26:20-21 clearly says we should seek shelter on the Day the Lord punishes the world for their sins.
    No. The whole point of the prophet's words being written down for posterity is to cause repentance. To return to God. Not to tell you to hide in a bunker.
    "For a small moment have I forsaken you, and with great mercy will I gather you.With a little wrath did I hide My countenance for a moment from you, and with everlasting kindness will I have compassion on you," said your Redeemer, the Lord."..."For the mountains shall depart and the hills totter, but My kindness shall not depart from you, neither shall the covenant of My peace totter," says the Lord, Who has compassion on you.

Isaiah 54

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fenris View Post
    No. The whole point of the prophet's words being written down for posterity is to cause repentance. To return to God. Not to tell you to hide in a bunker.
    Isa 26:20 Come, my people, enter thou into thy chambers, and shut thy doors about thee: hide thyself as it were for a little moment, until the indignation be overpast.
    Isa 26:21 For, behold, the LORD cometh out of his place to punish the inhabitants of the earth for their iniquity: the earth also shall disclose her blood, and shall no more cover her slain.

Not bunkers but clearly their homes etc, and they are to be inside and shut the doors because of what will be happening outside to the enemies.

Not bunkers but clearly their homes etc, and they are to be inside and shut the doors because of what will be happening outside to the enemies.
    And God can't tell the difference between the enemies and His people?

Medieval commentators understood it to mean to go into the synagogues and study houses, and pray and perform good deeds that will protect you.

Again, the bible isn't about tactical knowledge. It's to stir repentance.
    "For a small moment have I forsaken you, and with great mercy will I gather you.With a little wrath did I hide My countenance for a moment from you, and with everlasting kindness will I have compassion on you," said your Redeemer, the Lord."..."For the mountains shall depart and the hills totter, but My kindness shall not depart from you, neither shall the covenant of My peace totter," says the Lord, Who has compassion on you.

Isaiah 54

Blog Entries

And God can't tell the difference between the enemies and His people?
    That doesn't address that God says to do it.

Medieval commentators understood it to mean to go into the synagogues and study houses, and pray and perform good deeds that will protect you.
    It can be any building but clearly the shutting the doors and being inside is the main point of God's instructions.

Again, the bible isn't about tactical knowledge. It's to stir repentance.
    We are discussing a specific passage not the bible as a whole, not that your statement is correct anyways. The verses we are discussing isn't about repentance.

Guess I'll get back to work on my fallout shelter now...

Isaiah 54

Blog Entries

Guess I'll get back to work on my fallout shelter now...
    That's just mockery. Also known as the appeal to ridicule fallacy. The passage doesn't speak of special places like "fallout shelters" but normal buildings they can enter and shut the doors...most likely their own homes, possibly temples should they be near one when this all started happening. So why makes jokes, and why deny what the passage plainly states and why misdirect all of it to "the bible isn't about tactical knowledge. It's to stir repentance." when no one believes that has anything to do with the two verses being discussed? Seriously, why?

Seriously, why?
    Because God isn't telling people to hide inside. It's silly. All it does is feed Mr Doom and Gloom who only posts bible verses about God smiting people. Especially Jews. I find it all rather ridiculous. If there's a great big smoking hole where I was standing on Judgment Day then you were right. But I don't believe that's happening.

Isaiah 54

Blog Entries

Because God isn't telling people to hide inside. It's silly. All it does is feed Mr Doom and Gloom who only posts bible verses about God smiting people. Especially Jews. I find it all rather ridiculous. If there's a great big smoking hole where I was standing on Judgment Day then you were right. But I don't believe that's happening.
    The fact that the verses I quote are in our Bibles, you find to be ridiculous?

Zephaniah 3:8Öthe whole earth will be affected by the fire of My anger.
    Isaiah 66:15 The Lord is coming in fire like a whirlwind with the flaming fire of His rebuke.
    Luke 3:16 He will baptize with the Holy Spirit and with fire, the chaff will burn forever.
    Ezekiel 20:47 I am about to light a fire, its fiery flame cannot be put out.
    1 Corinthians 3:13...for that Day dawns in fire and fire will test every persons worth.
    Psalm 21:9 The anger of the Lord will engulf His enemies in a fiery furnace and consume them.
    Hebrews 10:27 For the godless, there is only the terrifying expectation of a fierce fire that will consume Godís enemies.
    2 Peter 3:7 & 10 On that Day the earth will be enveloped in flames and all that is in it will be brought to judgement.
    2 Thessalonians 1:7-8 ..when the Lord Jesus comes forth with His mighty host in blazing fire, he will punish all the godless and apostate people.
    Psalms 97:2-5 Cloud enfolds Him, fire goes ahead and consumes His enemies.
    Isaiah 4:4b The Lord will cleanse Jerusalem, with His judgement burning like fire.
    Isaiah 33:12 The nations will be burned to ashes, like thorn bushes set on fire.
    Ezekiel 30:16 I shall set Egypt on fire. Amos 1:1-15 Syria, Palestine, Lebanon and Jordan burned. Amos 2:1-5 Moab and Judah consumed by fire.

Be assured; the Lord WILL carry out His Judgement and in the hole where you were standing, we will plant a fig tree.

Thread Information