Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: So who's this Anti-Christ character?

Re: So who's this Anti-Christ character?

And right on cue...
    Quote Originally Posted by Keraz View Post
    The fact that the verses I quote are in our Bibles, you find to be ridiculous?
    There we go.
    Be assured; the Lord WILL carry out His Judgement and in the hole where you were standing, we will plant a fig tree.
    Make sure to water it, I don't want a sickly fig tree over my final resting place.
    "For a small moment have I forsaken you, and with great mercy will I gather you.With a little wrath did I hide My countenance for a moment from you, and with everlasting kindness will I have compassion on you," said your Redeemer, the Lord."..."For the mountains shall depart and the hills totter, but My kindness shall not depart from you, neither shall the covenant of My peace totter," says the Lord, Who has compassion on you.

Isaiah 54

The fact that the verses I quote are in our Bibles, you find to be ridiculous?

Zephaniah 3:8Öthe whole earth will be affected by the fire of My anger.
    Isaiah 66:15 The Lord is coming in fire like a whirlwind with the flaming fire of His rebuke.
    Luke 3:16 He will baptize with the Holy Spirit and with fire, the chaff will burn forever.
    Ezekiel 20:47 I am about to light a fire, its fiery flame cannot be put out.
    1 Corinthians 3:13...for that Day dawns in fire and fire will test every persons worth.
    Psalm 21:9 The anger of the Lord will engulf His enemies in a fiery furnace and consume them.
    Hebrews 10:27 For the godless, there is only the terrifying expectation of a fierce fire that will consume Godís enemies.
    2 Peter 3:7 & 10 On that Day the earth will be enveloped in flames and all that is in it will be brought to judgement.
    2 Thessalonians 1:7-8 ..when the Lord Jesus comes forth with His mighty host in blazing fire, he will punish all the godless and apostate people.
    Psalms 97:2-5 Cloud enfolds Him, fire goes ahead and consumes His enemies.
    Isaiah 4:4b The Lord will cleanse Jerusalem, with His judgement burning like fire.
    Isaiah 33:12 The nations will be burned to ashes, like thorn bushes set on fire.
    Ezekiel 30:16 I shall set Egypt on fire. Amos 1:1-15 Syria, Palestine, Lebanon and Jordan burned. Amos 2:1-5 Moab and Judah consumed by fire.

Be assured; the Lord WILL carry out His Judgement and in the hole where you were standing, we will plant a fig tree.
    Dude... this is completely void of love and filled with anger. And that's coming from me of all people.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fenris View Post
    Because God isn't telling people to hide inside. It's silly.
    but it is exactly what God does in fact say, silly or not it's in black and white. "enter thou into thy chambers, and shut thy doors about thee: hide thyself" yet you say God isn't saying what he is saying.

God: hide thyself
    Fenris: God isn't telling people to hide inside.

I don't understand how you could be so backwards on something so simple, and simply worded. There isn't any metaphors or parables to figure out here. Hide inside is exactly what God is saying.
    James 4:10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pbminimum View Post
    Dude... this is completely void of love and filled with anger. And that's coming from me of all people.
    The Bible quotes I presented are God's Words, not mine. I am not angry, nor do I hate anybody, but God is a God of justice and He does take vengeance on His enemies. Nahum 1:2

Fenris is happy. I promise to water his fig tree. I may drink the water first, though!

Quote Originally Posted by ewq1938 View Post
    but it is exactly what God does in fact say, silly or not it's in black and white.
    And Christians always read the bible literally? Black on white text? I think not.

Hide inside is exactly what God is saying.
    Why? What's the point?
    "For a small moment have I forsaken you, and with great mercy will I gather you.With a little wrath did I hide My countenance for a moment from you, and with everlasting kindness will I have compassion on you," said your Redeemer, the Lord."..."For the mountains shall depart and the hills totter, but My kindness shall not depart from you, neither shall the covenant of My peace totter," says the Lord, Who has compassion on you.

Isaiah 54

The Bible quotes I presented are God's Words, not mine. I am not angry, nor do I hate anybody, but God is a God of justice and He does take vengeance on His enemies. Nahum 1:2

Fenris is happy. I promise to water his fig tree. I may drink the water first, though!
    See even in your jokes you can't help but be nasty.

God is a being of love. When He chastises us, He does it out of love. You, on the other hand, seem genuinely gleeful at the thought of people being punished by God. Especially Jews. As Pbminimum said, above, this does not come across as love. Just something for you to ponder before you post your next doom and gloom verse.

Isaiah 54

Blog Entries

Keraz is wrong, God gives no preferential or partial treatment to any nationalities, either in wrath, or blessing.
    As the "thief" in the night, Christ is going to suddenly appear on the throne of Israel - not the antichrist.

See even in your jokes you can't help but be nasty.

God is a being of love. When He chastises us, He does it out of love. You, on the other hand, seem genuinely gleeful at the thought of people being punished by God. Especially Jews. As Pbminimum said, above, this does not come across as love. Just something for you to ponder before you post your next doom and gloom verse.
    A couple of people I've read, Pat Brooks and James McKeever. These are Christians who had a penchant for attacking Jews. And they did so out of a love for the NT Scriptures, which they thought taught Replacement Theology. I really liked J. McKeever because he had an eschatology I believed in. But when he turned "south," to attack the Jews, I knew he had become just another extreme R.T. advocate, who "hated" Jews.

It's a strange thing. To me it's like "Trump Derangement Syndrome." Instead of trying to support people, they search high and low for any justification for hating certain people. We can disagree agreeably. But certain doctrines mixed with certain personalities, combined with choice, seem to amount to *hate.* And I can't go along with it, even if it is a matter of conscience and legitimate belief in a particular theology. Where that theology becomes insulting and hateful I have to distance myself from it.

Blog Entries

And Christians always read the bible literally? Black on white text? I think not.
    The text makes it obvious when metaphors are being used. This is no metaphor.

Why? What's the point?
    The text explains the point.
    James 4:10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

Quote Originally Posted by ewq1938 View Post
    The text makes it obvious when metaphors are being used.
    As I am fond of saying, what is "obvious" to one person isn't obvious to another, at all.

Isaiah 54

Blog Entries

C'mon now; be honest - who laughed at this? And who thought I was really being nasty to Fenris?

C'mon now; be honest - who laughed at this? And who thought I was really being nasty to Fenris?
    Both.. i laughed and thought it was a bit nasty, but honestly (even if you don't think i do) i like you Keraz, and i understand that you've been attacked constantly for your beliefs so your a bit prickly but this joke wasn't the worst thing I've seen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by randyk View Post
    A couple of people I've read, Pat Brooks and James McKeever. These are Christians who had a penchant for attacking Jews. And they did so out of a love for the NT Scriptures, which they thought taught Replacement Theology. I really liked J. McKeever because he had an eschatology I believed in. But when he turned "south," to attack the Jews, I knew he had become just another extreme R.T. advocate, who "hated" Jews.

It's a strange thing. To me it's like "Trump Derangement Syndrome." Instead of trying to support people, they search high and low for any justification for hating certain people. We can disagree agreeably. But certain doctrines mixed with certain personalities, combined with choice, seem to amount to *hate.* And I can't go along with it, even if it is a matter of conscience and legitimate belief in a particular theology. Where that theology becomes insulting and hateful I have to distance myself from it.
    Hurray! Hurray!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Aijalon View Post
    Keraz is wrong, God gives no preferential or partial treatment to any nationalities, either in wrath, or blessing.
    This comment about me, is diametrically opposed to what I do believe.
    As you say: the real people of God are those who love Him and keep His Commandments. They are blessed and all the rest of the worlds people will face His wrath.

Randyk, we've been over this Replacement Theology issue many times. I do not espouse it, I point out how there has always been a true, faithful Israel. They are seen throughout the OT and 3000 were added to them at Pentecost. Acts 2:51

Now, many millions of people from every tribe, race, nation and language, comprise the faithful people of God. His Overcomers; His Israelites.

But you, Randyk and many others here and all over, like to think that God has a plan for the people who call themselves Jews. This idea conflicts with plain Bible teaching, of how it is only those who choose Jesus as their Saviour and Redeemer and who follow the way of Christianity now, are the Israel of God. Galatians 6:16
    Yes, there are many OT prophesies that state blessings specific to the descendants of the Patriarchs. But the New Testament is perfectly clear: A real Jew, as in God's eyes, is one who is circumcised of the heart, that is: a faithful Christian believer, and he receives his commendation not from men, but from God. Romans 2:29
    Nowhere does the Bible say God will save all the Jews. In fact many describe their demise and only a remnant will be saved. Romans 9:27

However, as I have said many times, the Jews are only 2/12 ths of all Israel. The other 10 tribes remain scattered around the world and it will be thru them that God's promise to the Patriarchs of their actual descendants occupying all of the holy Land, will be fulfilled.

Randyk, we've been over this Replacement Theology issue many times. I do not espouse it, I point out how there has always been a true, faithful Israel.
    OK, and when God says that He's going to punish "Israel", who does He mean? Because the bible just says "Israel".

"Oh, that's the BAD Israel", you'll say. But God doesn't specify. "Israel" is a specific people, who are sometimes good and sometimes bad. That's the "true Israel", not whatever poppycock you're inventing.

Isaiah 54

Thread Information