Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: So who's this Anti-Christ character?

Re: So who's this Anti-Christ character?

Quote Originally Posted by divaD View Post
    His Bible doesn't contain the NT. He doesn't take the NT to be holy writ. Plus, even though the AC can be found in his Bible, he doesn't interpret those passages about the AC to be meaning the AC, apparently. And since there is such a thing as interpreting something incorrectly, that explains why he fails to see an AC in the OT. But of course though, that's why the NT is important as well, it helps shed light on things that were somewhat hidden in the OT, or at least the meaning wasn't all that clear via the OT alone.
    Well said. I am, however, fascinated by some Christian beliefs, and one of them is this Anti-Christ person. And I do appreciate how everyone here indulges my curiosity and shares their beliefs on the matter. I'm not passing judgment and nobody is wrong, you're just sharing your understanding. Thanks all and God bless.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jude View Post
    Just read your bible Fenris...

Cotton Mather
    (1663-1728) (Congregational Theologian)

"The oracles of God foretold the rising of an Antichrist in the Christian Church; and in the Pope of Rome, all the characteristics of that Antichrist are so marvelously answered that if any who read the Scriptures do not see it, there is a marvelous blindness upon them." Taken from "The Fall of Babylon" by Cotton Mather in Froom's book "The Prophetic Faith of Our Fathers," Vol. 3, pg. 113.

Jude
    You could have done better by providing a few passages about the Antichrist than just asking Fenris to read his Bible.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fenris View Post
    One hears a lot of things and doesn't know what's considered true and what isn't.

So teach me.
    Do you see the little horn in Daniel as Antiochus Epiphanies Fenris?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ForHisglory View Post
    Christ as you might know means Messiah in Greek - anointed.
    The antichrist therefore is the one who is against or not Christ.
    Now in the New Testament (NT), Jesus is proclaimed Messiah or Christ.
    So at heart there are multiple antiChrist's who claim to be Christ but are not.
    Possibly a Jew might argue that Jesus is an antiChrist, if they don't accept he was the Messiah.

However there is an individual whom we know as Antiochus IV of Maccabees fame, who was a foreshadowing of the antichrist (AC).
    This is tied into the beasts of Daniel's visions - each beast being a power which has/had power over God's people and over Jerusalem.
    The power behind this is of course Satan, the serpent of old, yet this particular spirit is also called the antiChrist, for it is against he work of God, who sent the Messiah to defeat the work of the devil.
    Now when we see and understand the beast and its power over the elect, and especially when we consider Daniel 2 and 7, which speak of the ending of that power and the coming of the Rock which destroys these powers (kingdoms) and sets up a kingdom which lasts forever, so we have the end of the one who blasphemes and sets himself up as God.

The NT then has a further Revelation which gives further insight into this final period of time.
    In just a few strokes, you succeeded in presenting a compelling synopsis of the Antichrist. I hope it helps our brother Fenris, in his quest.
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by marty fox View Post
    Do you see the little horn in Daniel as Antiochus Epiphanies Fenris?
    Not sure.

The destruction mentioned in the book of Daniel is either primarily about the Greeks under Antiochus Epiphanes IV or it's about the Roman destruction in 70. I myself lean towards the former, in which case it could well be talking about Antiochus. But there are plenty of Jews who are smarter and more well learned than I who believe that the little horn is Titus, who captured Jerusalem and destroyed the Temple.

Blog Entries

Not sure.

The destruction mentioned in the book of Daniel is either primarily about the Greeks under Antiochus Epiphanes IV or it's about the Roman destruction in 70. I myself lean towards the former, in which case it could well be talking about Antiochus. But there are plenty of Jews who are smarter and more well learned than I who believe that the little horn is Titus, who captured Jerusalem and destroyed the Temple.
    Thanks I go with AE

Fenris,
    Who do you say are the sons of Belial?

Anyone who is against God possesses the spirit of the anti christ, old or new testament, imo.

Blog Entries

I'm not passing judgment and nobody is wrong.
    Well, we sure are all not simultaneously right! ( but you knew that )
    A cannot be A & not A at the same time.

מקום כניעה סך הכל

Daniel 7:20-21 [24,25,27 for its timing, which is the same timing given in Rev13:5-7 (same doings, as well)]

20 And of the ten horns that were in his head, and of the other which came up, and before whom three fell; even of that horn that had eyes, and a mouth that spake very great things, whose look was more stout than his fellows.

21 I beheld, and the same horn made war with the saints, and prevailed against them;

Since I believe The Revelation was written AFTER the events of 70ad, I see the events described therein to be "future" (which agrees with the wording and SEQUENCE of Matt22:7-8, "and burned up their city [i.e. 70ad events]. THEN SAITH HE to his servants..." [see Rev1:1 re: "The Revelation of Jesus Christ WHICH GOD GAVE UNTO HIM to shew unto His servants things which must come to pass IN QUICKNESS [NOUN]"]

["made war with"/"make war with" = Dan7:21, Rev13:7, Rev12:17, all with the same timing]

I also believe the "he, he, he" of Dan9:27[26] is the "who, who, who" of 2Th2:9a,4,8... (during the same "7 yrs," future)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by divaD View Post
    His Bible doesn't contain the NT. He doesn't take the NT to be holy writ. Plus, even though the AC can be found in his Bible, he doesn't interpret those passages about the AC to be meaning the AC, apparently. And since there is such a thing as interpreting something incorrectly, that explains why he fails to see an AC in the OT. But of course though, that's why the NT is important as well, it helps shed light on things that were somewhat hidden in the OT, or at least the meaning wasn't all that clear via the OT alone.
    Every Bible (Jew/Gentile) contains prophecies about the Antichrist. Fenris as a Jew must have read the relevant passages in the Jewish Bible. So the question, is whether he accepts the passages for what they are? Many of us have debated with him about what the prophets said concerning Jesus Christ in the OT and know how he invariably, counters with his own interpretation of the texts - views that have no place for Jesus in them. It comes down to hermeneutics; if one convinces himself that black is white, nothing can persuade him otherwise, I suppose.

He (Fenris) started this OP to inquire about the Antichrist, I am sincerely hoping that he is seeking information that will enable him to reevaluate his position on this important subject. Given his Judaic disposition on the NT, I have always as much as is possible, used the OT to make my case when discussing scriptures with him. In this regard, FHG has done a fantastic job by using only the OT in posts #5,9,10,16 to point out the prophecies concerning the Antichrist.

If Fenris is coming with an objective and open mind, he will find more than is sufficient here particularly in the OT, to enable him to reassess his position and find validity for the AC. Whether he seeks further corroboration in the NT or not, the case is made that the Antichrist is not just an NT invention.

In conclusion, the good news is that the Bible is so rich that one can find whatever they are looking for -- if it is sought with the right mind.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidC View Post
    Fenris,
    Who do you say are the sons of Belial?
    Idol worshipers? Which instance are you referring to?

Quote Originally Posted by bluesky22 View Post
    Well, we sure are all not simultaneously right!
    I'm not interested in who's right. I just want to hear what people have to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonajero View Post
    I'm not quite getting how you concluded that the European Union has to feature here, it seemed like a bit of a jump into the dark. Can you clarify that for me?
    Daniel 7 as I explained. He arises out of the Fourth Beast. Hes not going to be a Muslim, they are backwards, they could never conquer the world.

Blog Entries

One hears a lot of things and doesn't know what's considered true and what isn't.

So teach me.

He is anti-Messiah. He does this by impersonating the Messiah which causes an Apostasy within Christianity. There's a lot of verses to show this but I wanted to give a grief explanation.
    James 4:10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

Quote Originally Posted by ewq1938 View Post
    He is anti-Messiah. He does this by impersonating the Messiah which causes an Apostasy within Christianity.
    Ok so a false messiah. He impersonates Jesus, something to that effect?

Blog Entries

I'm not interested in who's right. I just want to hear what people have to say.
    I see. Do you care about Truth ( generally speaking )
    A cannot be A & not A at the same time.

מקום כניעה סך הכל

Thread Information