Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: So who's this Anti-Christ character?

Re: So who's this Anti-Christ character?

Quote Originally Posted by Trivalee View Post
    You could have done better by providing a few passages about the Antichrist than just asking Fenris to read his Bible.
    Yes i could have Trivalee but with 41,000 posts under his belt I'm sure he's had time to look up the umpteen thousand threads on the subject..

Jude
    How can you pull down strongholds of Satan if you don't even have the strength to turn off your TV?

~ Leonard Ravenhill

Quote Originally Posted by bluesky22 View Post
    I see. Do you care about Truth
    Sometimes. In this instance I'm looking for interesting ideas. Whether they are true or not will become apparent in time, I suppose.
    "For a small moment have I forsaken you, and with great mercy will I gather you.With a little wrath did I hide My countenance for a moment from you, and with everlasting kindness will I have compassion on you," said your Redeemer, the Lord."..."For the mountains shall depart and the hills totter, but My kindness shall not depart from you, neither shall the covenant of My peace totter," says the Lord, Who has compassion on you.

Isaiah 54

Quote Originally Posted by Jude View Post
    Yes i could have Trivalee but with 41,000 posts under his belt I'm sure he's had time to look up the umpteen thousand threads on the subject..
    Don't mock the post count. It was hard work getting there.
    "For a small moment have I forsaken you, and with great mercy will I gather you.With a little wrath did I hide My countenance for a moment from you, and with everlasting kindness will I have compassion on you," said your Redeemer, the Lord."..."For the mountains shall depart and the hills totter, but My kindness shall not depart from you, neither shall the covenant of My peace totter," says the Lord, Who has compassion on you.

Isaiah 54

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fenris View Post
    Sometimes. In this instance I'm looking for interesting ideas. Whether they are true or not will become apparent in time, I suppose.
    How will you know the truth if you see it ?
    A cannot be A & not A at the same time.

מקום כניעה סך הכל

Blog Entries

Ok so a false messiah. He impersonates Jesus, something to that effect?
    Yes, but he persecutes the Christians who know he is a false Messiah. It's mentioned in the Olivet discourse, Matthew 24, Mark 13 etc...and Rev 11 and 13 and a few other places.
    James 4:10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

Quote Originally Posted by jayne View Post
    Fenris is Jewish.
    Ahhhhhhhh, it makes sense now.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesky22 View Post
    How will you know the truth if you see it ?
    I'm not searching for the truth here. I'm looking for an interesting discussion.

Isaiah 54

Quote Originally Posted by ewq1938 View Post
    Yes, but he persecutes the Christians who know he is a false Messiah.
    OK, so the sharper Christians will call him out. I see why this is the subject of much thought and speculation...

Isaiah 54

Quote Originally Posted by Revelation Man View Post
    Daniel 7 as I explained. He arises out of the Fourth Beast. Hes not going to be a Muslim, they are backwards, they could never conquer the world.
    You took a bit of a leap from saying everyone regards the fourth beast as being Rome, to a claim that it must be the European Union. Maybe the people who believe it to be Rome are wrong. Maybe the EU will fall and be replaced by some other entity that contains the city we curerntly call Rome. I'm not sure how you get from a commonly held belief to the certainty of the EU.

I wouldn't be quite so quick to rule out Islam. If you want to play a long game it makes sense to take over society by simply maintaining a higher birth rate than other people until you become a majority. Then the democracy so beloved in the west becomes a tool that can be used against us.

2 Thessalonians 2 has one of the clearest descriptions of the antichrist, but of course even that is subject to debate.

He proclaims himself God in Jerusalem, amidst great signs and wonders. I find a lot of clarity there. Before that he is hidden, not revealed.

It's really unmistakable. How many leaders will declare themselves as a god in Jerusalem, and be widely accepted as such, amidst great deceiving signs and wonders? It's pretty clear.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonajero View Post
    You took a bit of a leap from saying everyone regards the fourth beast as being Rome, to a claim that it must be the European Union. Maybe the people who believe it to be Rome are wrong. Maybe the EU will fall and be replaced by some other entity that contains the city we currently call Rome. I'm not sure how you get from a commonly held belief to the certainty of the EU.

I wouldn't be quite so quick to rule out Islam. If you want to play a long game it makes sense to take over society by simply maintaining a higher birth rate than other people until you become a majority. Then the democracy so beloved in the west becomes a tool that can be used against us.
    The Fourth Beast is PAST, no credible voice states it isn't/wasn't Rome. The Little Horn Arises out of the Fourth Beast. This isn't really that hard when we stop imagining things like Rome wasn't the Fourth Beast, which I see as silly. Go check any archives, all the Jews felt Rome was the Fourth Beast thus they were looking for the Little Horn at any moment circa just before 70 AD . The Jewish leaders even put forth "Messiahs" because they just knew Rome was the Fourth Beast.

The Greatest power ever in that Region was NOT A BEAST !! Come on !!

The E.U. can do whatever it wills, but there will be a 10 King Confederation that arises out of Europe who give their POWER unto the Beast. He also has to be born in Greece as per Daniel ch. 8. So he must arise out of 2 Kingdoms a once. Why do you think we are given the detailed lineage in Daniel ch. 11 ? It runs the gambit all the way to Antiochus Epiphanes, where he is the forerunner to the Anti-Christ.

Here is something everyone misses, I just saw this recently. The False Prophet also has a Forerunner/TYPE via Antiochus Epiphanes who murdered the pious High Priest Onias III and replaced him with his brother who bribed him to kill his brother and name him as the High Priest. His name was Jason he wanted to Hellenize Jerusalem/Israel thus the name which he changed from Yeshua to Jason. I find it startling that once Israel repent just before the 1260, when the Two-witnesses show up at the 1335, and start serving Jesus who will then be their High Priest, they will get a False Prophet with another name !!

As per Islam, that is the same as the RCC theory. Who do you think the 1.5 billion people who are killed will be? Christians will be Raptured. The Harlot is ALL FALSE RELIGION, and she must needs be done away with. This Gentile Beast will destroy the Arabs and Muslims. Read Daniel 11:40-43, he Conquers all of North Africa, Lebanon and Israel. Thus he creates the same territory as the Roman Empire had. The King of the South that pushes at him will be Turkey and others, but he will quash them.

The RCC is a HEADFAKE by Satan as is the Islamic angle.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Revelation Man View Post
    The Fourth Beast is PAST, no credible voice states it isn't/wasn't Rome.
    No credible voice says it is past - for if it were then Jesus would have returned.

This is one reason we KNOW anyone who claims it is wrong, as it is Jesus who destroys the 4th beast, WHEN He comes.

This is why anyone who counts to Rome as the 4th beast is making a simple chronological error.
    Anyone who counts Babylon as the 1st beast also ignores what is stated and makes the same error.

You don't seem to get it brother/Sister. God gives us riddles, Jesus gave us parables and the book of Revelation. HINT: God doesn't want the world to understand the things of God per se. Likewise in Daniel 7 we see 5 Beasts even though only 4 are mentioned. Believe what YOU SEE !!

We are told of Four Beasts. We then see a Little Horn arise 2000 years later and THIS MAN is called a Beast all by himself !!

Daniel 7:11 I beheld then because of the voice of the great words which the horn spake: I beheld even till the beast was slain, and his body destroyed, and given to the burning flame.

SAME HERE: Rev. 19:20 And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.

The Fourth Beast suffered the Mortal Wound. Thus the Seven Headed beast CEASED being a Beast over Israel for almost 2000 years, there was no Israel, thus there could be NO BEAST. When the Anti-Christ Conquers Jerusalem the Mortal Wound of the FIGURATIVE Beast will be healed.

I really don't take anyone that serious who says Rome was not the Fourth Beast of Daniel which would be the 6th HEAD of Rev. ch. 13 counting Egypt and Assyria. Its their opinion, but I don't take that opinion serious. They may be great on every other subject, but sometimes we go bonkers on select subjects.

This is easy stuff once given the keys, if people reject the keys then that is their business. But that doesn't change the facts that Rome is the Fourth Beast and the 5th Beast is A MAN that arises out of its old territory.

Blog Entries

OK, so the sharper Christians will call him out.
    Not openly call him out but they will refuse to worship him or take his mark.
    James 4:10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonajero View Post
    Interesting take on Jews possibly regarding Christianity as a kind of antichrist. On the face of it the statement is absurd - how can followers of Christ possibly be antichrist? But I suppose if Jews don't accept Jesus as being the Christ (Christ being a status rather than a name) then it makes sense. If one doesn't accept Jesus as being the Christ, the Messiah, then following him as the Messiah would logically count as being opposed to the true Christ.
    Yes, I'm just looking at it from the Jewish pov, as they read Dan 7. The would likely see the Little Horn as an entity persecuting the Jewish People. And Christians have certainly persecuted the Jewish People.

Obviously, I don't agree with that. The Antichrist persecutes *Christians.* The only question is, would the ones being persecuted by the Little Horn be Jewish believers, or would it include Christians from all nations, including Israel? I think it is the latter.

Thread Information