Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627

Thread: So who's this Anti-Christ character?

Blog Entries

Re: So who's this Anti-Christ character?

Quote Originally Posted by randyk View Post
    No, you misinterpret the passage that says God does not discriminate. That does not mean ethnicity is unimportant to him.
    Rather than using a double negative, explain what you mean concisely. What does ethnicity have to do with salvation?

The Scriptures say, God doesn't change.
    Yet our revelation of God's plan does change. Knowing now that the lamb was slain "from the foundation of the world" how do you see that affecting this conversation (dispensationalism)?

He wasn't for ethnicity in the past, and now against ethnicity. The promise was for all ethnicities, and requires all ethnicities.
    If your point is that God approves of ethnic differences, and validates all ethnicity equally, fine and good, but this does nothing to support application of Old Covenant promises on the Hebrews today.

All the promises to the Hebrews are realized in the new covenant. Salvation at it's most basic level - Eternal Life - has nothing to do with being a Hebrew. There is no work to be done in order that God bring the Hebrew people "back" to him before he appears in the sky, not with a temple, not with a new land grant, not with a new exodus, N-O-T-H-I-N-G. There is also no more punishing or cursing that is left to be completed on them, it has all been accomplished.
    As the "thief" in the night, Christ is going to suddenly appear on the throne of Israel - not the antichrist.

Quote Originally Posted by kyCyd View Post
    Ewq and Keraz what about this:

Jeremiah 24:6-7 For I will set mine eyes upon them for good, and I will bring them again to this land: and I will build them, and not pull them down; and I will plant them, and not pluck them up. And I will give them an heart to know me, that I am the LORD: and they shall be my people, and I will be their God: for they shall return unto me with their whole heart.

Jesus said this and it applies to Jews, that is who he said it to.

Matthew 22:37-40 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

If these hang all the law and prophets then can a Jew come to God if the heart is right with God?
    It comes back to a heart thing which applies to all. Only God knows the heart.
    A persons heart be they Jew or Gentile is never right with God until they become a believer..

John 3:36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

Jude
    ​“Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”

~ Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Jude View Post
    A persons heart be they Jew or Gentile is never right with God until they become a believer..

John 3:36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

Jude
    This is true...and I agree... wrath means punishment. I am not saying ones are not punished. To me no relationship with God as we have through Jesus and the Holy Spirit is being punished. To me no new covenant for them Jer 31:31 fulfilled by Jesus for them Mt 26:28 would be like a punishment. So I just see things a bit different I guess. What I posted is part of the gospels and truth. Plus I am a big one with this, also part of the gospel.
    Matthew 19:26 But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

I just see things differently.

Quote Originally Posted by Aijalon View Post
    Rather than using a double negative, explain what you mean concisely. What does ethnicity have to do with salvation?
    Double negative? I'm not "not saying" anything.

Ewq was saying, in context, that at one time ethnicity was important in the program of salvation, and now it isn't. I wasn't saying ethnicity itself is the basis of salvation.

Quote Originally Posted by Aijalon
    Yet our revelation of God's plan does change. Knowing now that the lamb was slain "from the foundation of the world" how do you see that affecting this conversation (dispensationalism)?
    I'm not sure I'm directing anything against Dispensationalism, as such. I'm addressing, perhaps, Covenant Theology. I'm addressing the idea that the national structure of Israel has now been eclipsed by an anti-national structure, a non-ethnic Church.

My belief is that not only has Israel not lost her national hope (Acts 1.6), but to her has been added many other nations with the same hope. Winning salvation for all of these nations, for Israel and non-Israel, is the same process--a process accomplished only by Christ. Salvation is not done by sinful men.

God's purpose, I believe, involves not just the salvation of the individual, but also the salvation of many individuals, grouped into nations, in the present age. Salvation of the nation is really the preservation of a society, so that large groups of individuals can be saved, and a society of those individuals preserved.

Without a society, and without nations in the present age, the individuals cannot be saved for a structure that God has planned for them. Thus, salvation *includes* nations, and not just individuals. If Israel, as a nation, will be saved, so will many nations be saved.

Quote Originally Posted by Aijalon
    If your point is that God approves of ethnic differences, and validates all ethnicity equally, fine and good, but this does nothing to support application of Old Covenant promises on the Hebrews today.

All the promises to the Hebrews are realized in the new covenant. Salvation at it's most basic level - Eternal Life - has nothing to do with being a Hebrew. There is no work to be done in order that God bring the Hebrew people "back" to him before he appears in the sky, not with a temple, not with a new land grant, not with a new exodus, N-O-T-H-I-N-G. There is also no more punishing or cursing that is left to be completed on them, it has all been accomplished.
    I hope I already answered your questions? Salvation does not come from any sinful men, including the Hebrews. But salvation comes from God, whose plan of salvation includes placement of saved individuals in the structure of nations, for their preservation in this age. If nations are not saved, then God's promises have failed, because God promised to Abraham "nations," including the nation of Israel.

I also found this.

When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand
    Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains: Let him which is on the housetop not come down to take any thing out of his house: Neither let him which is in the field return back to take his clothes. Mt.24:15-18

Daniel says this abomination of desolation stands in the holy place and takes away the daily sacrifice.

I can't think of anything more abominable than the murder of Jesus by those standing in the holy place. And Jesus lived in sacrifice daily, so that his followers could "meet with God", but of those who wanted him dead he said,

Woe unto you also, ye lawyers! for ye lade men with burdens grievous to be borne, and ye yourselves touch not the burdens with one of your fingers. Lk.11:46

Luke 17 has similar terminology with respect Jesus's 2nd coming, but first,

But first must he suffer many things, and be rejected of this generation. vs.25 <---this is antichrist, the abomination of desolation, the rejection of Christ.

Even thus shall it be in the day when the Son of man is revealed. In that day, he which shall be upon the housetop, and his stuff in the house, let him not come down to take it away: and he that is in the field, let him likewise not return back. Lk.17:30-31

Then he says something very strange. Remember Lot's wife. Lk.17:30-32

This is extremely odd, because if the abomination of desolation was apparent destruction, you wouldn't look back desiring it. Here, the abomination of desolation is being compared to the sin being committed in Sodom and Gomorrah, the old life which rejects Christ.

Thread Information