Page 1 of 17 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: So who's this Anti-Christ character?

Hybrid View

So who's this Anti-Christ character?

One hears a lot of things and doesn't know what's considered true and what isn't.

So teach me.
    "For a small moment have I forsaken you, and with great mercy will I gather you.With a little wrath did I hide My countenance for a moment from you, and with everlasting kindness will I have compassion on you," said your Redeemer, the Lord."..."For the mountains shall depart and the hills totter, but My kindness shall not depart from you, neither shall the covenant of My peace totter," says the Lord, Who has compassion on you.

Isaiah 54

Re: So who's this Anti-Christ character?

Quote Originally Posted by Fenris View Post
    One hears a lot of things and doesn't know what's considered true and what isn't.

So teach me.
    Just read your bible Fenris...

Cotton Mather
    (1663-1728) (Congregational Theologian)

"The oracles of God foretold the rising of an Antichrist in the Christian Church; and in the Pope of Rome, all the characteristics of that Antichrist are so marvelously answered that if any who read the Scriptures do not see it, there is a marvelous blindness upon them." Taken from "The Fall of Babylon" by Cotton Mather in Froom's book "The Prophetic Faith of Our Fathers," Vol. 3, pg. 113.

Jude
    “He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose.”

― Jim Elliot

Quote Originally Posted by Jude View Post

Cotton Mather
    (1663-1728) (Congregational Theologian)

"The oracles of God foretold the rising of an Antichrist in the Christian Church; and in the Pope of Rome, all the characteristics of that Antichrist are so marvelously answered that if any who read the Scriptures do not see it, there is a marvelous blindness upon them." Taken from "The Fall of Babylon" by Cotton Mather in Froom's book "The Prophetic Faith of Our Fathers," Vol. 3, pg. 113.

Jude
    Apparently I have a marvelous blindness upon me.

I better get that looked at .........
    "He's wild, you know. Not like a tame lion."
    C.S. Lewis, "The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe."

"Oh, but sometimes the sun stays hidden for years"
    "Sometimes the sky rains night after night, When will it clear?"

"But our Hope endures the worst of conditions"
    "It's more than our optimism, Let the earth quake"
    "Our Hope is unchanged"
    "Our Hope Endures" Natalie Grant

Quote Originally Posted by Old man View Post
    Apparently I have a marvelous blindness upon me.

I better get that looked at .........
    Maybe this will help?

http://www.biblebelievers.com/foxes/findex.htm

Jude
    “He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose.”

― Jim Elliot

Quote Originally Posted by Jude View Post
    Erm, he's not in my bible. That's why I'm asking. Such a mysterious character.
    "For a small moment have I forsaken you, and with great mercy will I gather you.With a little wrath did I hide My countenance for a moment from you, and with everlasting kindness will I have compassion on you," said your Redeemer, the Lord."..."For the mountains shall depart and the hills totter, but My kindness shall not depart from you, neither shall the covenant of My peace totter," says the Lord, Who has compassion on you.

Isaiah 54

Actually he could be.

He's just not in your interpretation of your Bible.
    "He's wild, you know. Not like a tame lion."
    C.S. Lewis, "The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe."

"Oh, but sometimes the sun stays hidden for years"
    "Sometimes the sky rains night after night, When will it clear?"

"But our Hope endures the worst of conditions"
    "It's more than our optimism, Let the earth quake"
    "Our Hope is unchanged"
    "Our Hope Endures" Natalie Grant

Quote Originally Posted by Old man View Post
    Actually he could be.

He's just not in your interpretation of your Bible.
    Fair enough. So clue me in.

Isaiah 54

Blog Entries

In 'your' Bible he is found in Daniel 11:29:32.

The New Testament uses this person, and the abomination that he set up, as a prototype of an Antichrist yet to come.
    "Your name and renown
    is the desire of our hearts."
    (Isaiah 26:8)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberseeker View Post
    In 'your' Bible he is found in Daniel 11:29:32.
    I think Jews understood that to be the king of Rome...but ok.

Isaiah 54

Blog Entries

I think Jews understood that to be the king of Rome...but ok.
    Dan 11:29* “At the time appointed he shall return and come into the south, but it shall not be this time as it was before.*
    Dan 11:30* For ships of Kittim shall come against him, and he shall be afraid and withdraw, and shall turn back and be enraged and take action against the holy covenant. He shall turn back and pay attention to those who forsake the holy covenant.*
    Dan 11:31* Forces from him shall appear and profane the temple and fortress, and shall take away the regular burnt offering. And they shall set up the abomination that makes desolate.*
    Dan 11:32* He shall seduce with flattery those who violate the covenant, but the people who know their God shall stand firm and take action.*

I don't think this speaks of Rome, nor the future AC, but Antiochus IV, who seduce many Jews and which required the Maccabees to stand out.
    I think Hannukah is celebrated that the profane acts he did (in verse 21) were sorted after 1150 days.

Blog Entries

This just in, the antichrist is not going to be a real dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aijalon View Post
    So I'm really getting the picture here that all this hype about the antichrist is just not panning out. It was all hogwash, and always was. But it's more than hogwash, it's a hijacking of the Return of Christ, spun as the arrival of the antichrist.

A) he's going to say he's God (Christ is God)

B) he's going to enact some kind of one world currency with it's financial headquarters in either a rebuilt Babylon, or possibly Jerusalem (Scripture says all nations will visit, worship/pay tribute to Christ in Jerusalem)

C) he's going to be some kind of Universalist that forces everyone to believe him (Christ says everyone must believe in him)

D) he's going ally to Israel, or force Israel into a treaty then somehow "break" his treaty and attack Israel (Christ has promised destruction to Jewish Zealots on his land in the past -and- also promised to restore his everlasting covenant of peace with Israel)

E) he's going to start WW3 and send everything back into the bronze age (Scripture says God is going to make the wisdom of the wise foolish, shatter the nations like pottery, and remove all things that cause sin)

F) he's going to enforce some kind of 'world peace' (Scripture says after Christ's return that the nations will no longer study warfare)

G) he's going to build a temple in Jerusalem (Yahweh promises to sit in a literal temple in Jerusalem) and permit animal sacrifices in it (Ezekiel 40-44 depicts a rebuilt temple with animal sacrifices in the eternal kingdom)

H) he's could come from Turkey or Assyria - ISIS territory now - and form some kind of Assyrian/Kurdish superstate or Caliphate in the process forcing Israel into peace (Isaiah says that Assyria is the handiwork of God and will be an ally to Israel after the Day of the Lord. Also Isaiah and Ezekiel say that there will be a war on the mountains of Northern Israel and the region of Damascus before the Day of the Lord)

I) he will come from Jordan or Edom (Christ will enter Israel from the East after coming through Edom -Jordan- on his way into Israel, just before he destroys the nations opposed to him, on Day of the Lord and splitting the Mount of Olives East of Jerusalem)
    This is an old post and I now believe that the splitting of the Mount of Olives under the last one (I) is actually related to Christ's intercessory prayer at the foot of the Mt of Olives in the Garden of Gathesemane when his heart broke in high priestly prayer, making a way of salvation in the new covenant, invoking his blood (through sweat).
    As the "thief" in the night, Christ is going to suddenly appear on the throne of Israel - not the antichrist.

I hope this isn't a silly question Fenris.... I'm confused here. You quote the Bible in your signature but then say the antichrist isn't in your Bible. Is your Bible different? I'm confused.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sonajero View Post
    I hope this isn't a silly question Fenris.... I'm confused here. You quote the Bible in your signature but then say the antichrist isn't in your Bible. Is your Bible different? I'm confused.
    Fenris is Jewish.
    ".....it's your nickel"

Quote Originally Posted by jayne View Post
    Fenris is Jewish.
    Ahhhhhhhh, it makes sense now.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonajero View Post
    His Bible doesn't contain the NT. He doesn't take the NT to be holy writ. Plus, even though the AC can be found in his Bible, he doesn't interpret those passages about the AC to be meaning the AC, apparently. And since there is such a thing as interpreting something incorrectly, that explains why he fails to see an AC in the OT. But of course though, that's why the NT is important as well, it helps shed light on things that were somewhat hidden in the OT, or at least the meaning wasn't all that clear via the OT alone.

Thread Information