Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: So who's this Anti-Christ character?

Re: So who's this Anti-Christ character?

Quote Originally Posted by Keraz View Post
    C'mon now; be honest - who laughed at this? And who thought I was really being nasty to Fenris?
    Zechariah 8:23 This is what the LORD Almighty says: "In those days ten people from all languages and nations will take firm hold of one Jew by the hem of his robe and say, 'Let us go with you, because we have heard that God is with you.'"

When this happens, and it will because God keeps His promises, I will graciously forgive you, and allow you to grasp them hem of my garment. Because that's the kind of guy that I am.
    "For a small moment have I forsaken you, and with great mercy will I gather you.With a little wrath did I hide My countenance for a moment from you, and with everlasting kindness will I have compassion on you," said your Redeemer, the Lord."..."For the mountains shall depart and the hills totter, but My kindness shall not depart from you, neither shall the covenant of My peace totter," says the Lord, Who has compassion on you.

Isaiah 54

C'mon now; be honest - who laughed at this? And who thought I was really being nasty to Fenris?
    I did. It was clearly nasty--very disrespectful.
    Last edited by randyk; Jun 15th 2018 at 06:13 AM.

Blog Entries

Thanks Fenris; I think.
    I find Jeremiah 8:10 quite interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by randyk View Post
    I did. It was clearly nasty--very disrespectful. Who drinks away the water before a valued plant can be watered? And the "fig tree" may even represent Israel to some people. It is the equivalent of saying you don't care if Israel dies, or if Fenris' valued plant dies. It is either hateful or disrespectful--take your pick.
    Now i'm really laughing! You just don't get it. My estimation of your abilities has just nosedived.
    Jesuslovesus got it, I was just trying to inject a little humor, we know that the Lord laughs. Psalms 37:13
    Your use of words like 'nasty, hateful and disrespectful', rebound onto yourself, as you use them, not me.

I will reduce or cease my participation here for a while.
    When I come back, it will be with a very serious warning of what is about to happen.
    Matthew 3:7

Now i'm really laughing! You just don't get it. My estimation of your abilities has just nosedived.
    Jesuslovesus got it, I was just trying to inject a little humor, we know that the Lord laughs.
    You inject a little humor by poking fun at yourself maybe. Thats what I did. You threating to urinate on my grave isn't very funny, or very Christian.

When I come back, it will be with a very serious warning of what is about to happen.
    Oooo now he's warning us. I'll be careful, then.
    "For a small moment have I forsaken you, and with great mercy will I gather you.With a little wrath did I hide My countenance for a moment from you, and with everlasting kindness will I have compassion on you," said your Redeemer, the Lord."..."For the mountains shall depart and the hills totter, but My kindness shall not depart from you, neither shall the covenant of My peace totter," says the Lord, Who has compassion on you.

Isaiah 54

Thanks Fenris; I think.
    I find Jeremiah 8:10 quite interesting.

Jesuslovesus got it, I was just trying to inject a little humor, we know that the Lord laughs. Psalms 37:13
    Your use of words like 'nasty, hateful and disrespectful', rebound onto yourself, as you use them, not me.

Matthew 3:7
    Now you're claiming you're a prophet? If you can't be honest about your disrespectful words to Fenris, it degrades your belief system. Your reputation has gone down in my eyes also. Sorry!

Blog Entries

Can we get back to the topic? If not, can someone throw this thread away lake of fire style?
    James 4:10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

Jesuslovesus got it, I was just trying to inject a little humor, we know that the Lord laughs.
    Please quit trying to be clever when the party you wish to impress is not impressed? You're perhaps a very clever guy. But the one you need to be "clever" with is the Lord. And His eyes are on those you wish to make sport of. If this is truly "just having fun," do so with those who are not offended. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by ewq1938 View Post
    Can we get back to the topic? If not, can someone throw this thread away lake of fire style?
    The topic is about the antichrist. In Matthew 24:24 Jesus warns his Jewish audience about false Messiahs and false prophets and deceiving signs and wonders during the context of the great tribulation. A Messiah was the expected anointed Jewish conqueror.

Rev 13 describes the beast with the same associations during the same timeframe: The beast is associated with false prophets and deceiving signs and wonders.

By association, the antichrist is a false anointed Jewish conqueror. It is no co-incidence that he comes to power in Jerusalem.

Quote Originally Posted by DurbanDude View Post
    By association, the antichrist is a false anointed Jewish conqueror. It is no co-incidence that he comes to power in Jerusalem.
    Ah, the plot thickens. So the antichrist is Jewish? He comes to power in Jerusalem?

Isaiah 54

Quote Originally Posted by Fenris View Post
    Ah, the plot thickens. So the antichrist is Jewish? He comes to power in Jerusalem?
    Although it's certainly possible that he is Jewish, it is likely that he is not. For one thing, he claims to be divine. Jews would not accept that. They didn't accept Jesus for that reason.

I'm particular to the theory that Antichrist will be European--not Jewish. After all, the prototypes of Antichrist, Antiochus, the Roman Emperor, etc. were not Jewish at all. They were Gentiles who persecuted the Jewish People.

I wouldn't think that pinning the Antichrist label on a Jew is a matter of anti-Semitism--not at all. There have been some very bad Jews in history, and even turncoat Jews who have turned against their own people.

The topic is about the antichrist. In Matthew 24:24 Jesus warns his Jewish audience about false Messiahs and false prophets and deceiving signs and wonders during the context of the great tribulation. A Messiah was the expected anointed Jewish conqueror.

Rev 13 describes the beast with the same associations during the same timeframe: The beast is associated with false prophets and deceiving signs and wonders.

The Beast is associated with the Roman Empire--not Judaism. The False Prophet, however, may be associated with Judaism--a corrupt Judaism, in which there is an attempt to mislead the Jews into following the Antichrist. Or the False Prophet may be associated with a corrupt Christianity, which is my position. Already, many Jews have begun to contaminate themselves with corrupt Western ways. And many Christians are led astray by corrupt Western political philosophies as well.

I believe, as I've said before, that the False Christs and False Prophets, predicted by Jesus in his Olivet Discourse, were fulfilled by the Jewish zealots of Jesus' time. They encouraged the Jews to oppose the Romans, thus getting them killed in 70 AD and in the time following. They claimed to be a kind of "Messianic deliverance," such as happened during the revolt of the Maccabees. However, Jesus said that the Romans would prevail, and that the righteous should flee this as a judgment against sinners.

Signs and Wonders are seeming indicators that God and destiny are with the Beast and False Prophet. These are lying Signs and Wonders because although God gives them 3.5 years to rule, they will be destroyed in judgment at the end. These Signs and Wonders are not to be believed. The political and military success of the Antichrist is not to be viewed as God's sanction upon his rule!

Someday people will finally get it. The man of sin comes to power in the Dome of the Rock or Al'aqsa mosque. He's Islamic just like his false prophet.

DurbanDude said,

The topic is about the antichrist. In Matthew 24:24 Jesus warns his Jewish audience about false Messiahs and false prophets and deceiving signs and wonders during the context of the great tribulation.
    In Mathew 24 Jesus' audience wasn't all Jewish. Who he was talking to isn't as important as the questions he was asked.

1. When will these things be. (not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.)
    2. What will be the sign of thy coming. Jesus gave them dozens of signs in the chapter.
    3. What will be the sign of the end of the world. (consummation of the age)

None of that indicates a Jewish man of sin.

randyk said,

The Beast is associated with the Roman Empire.
    So many people believe things that are just NOT found in scripture. I'll ask again. "Where is Rome, Italy, found in ONE verse of prophecy? I challenge the forum to show me ONE!

He is a false Messiah. This could also mean that he is not in reality Jewish because he is false. We do not know the extent of the falseness of his identity. But yes he will seem Jewish to deceive the Jews and the whole world. Just for 3.5 years.

Yes he comes to power in "God's holy place" according to 2 Thess 2:4

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiah James View Post
    Someday people will finally get it. The man of sin comes to power in the Dome of the Rock or Al'aqsa mosque. He's Islamic just like his false prophet.

DurbanDude said,

In Mathew 24 Jesus' audience wasn't all Jewish. Who he was talking to isn't as important as the questions he was asked.

1. When will these things be. (not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.)
    2. What will be the sign of thy coming. Jesus gave them dozens of signs in the chapter.
    3. What will be the sign of the end of the world. (consummation of the age)

None of that indicates a Jewish man of sin.

randyk said,

So many people believe things that are just NOT found in scripture. I'll ask again. "Where is Rome, Italy, found in ONE verse of prophecy? I challenge the forum to show me ONE!
    You may find it interesting that both Sunni and Shiite Islam predict an Islamic friendly Jew to rule and bring peace between the 3 Torah based religions. He will be called Isa (Jesus) according to them. So yes , he will be an Islamic Jewish Catholic supported individual. Sunni embraces him as from God. Shi-ite sees him as the gatherer of Jews for the slaughter and they secretly gather the major armies of the world against Jews for the final war. But true Jesus will appear and defend Jews from this evil attack at the second coming.

He is a false Messiah. This could also mean that he is not in reality Jewish because he is false. We do not know the extent of the falseness of his identity. But yes he will seem Jewish to deceive the Jews and the whole world. Just for 3.5 years
    He will not deceive the Jews. Only Muslim's will be deceived by him. The false messiah would be the Mahdi. The Islamic anti-Christ called the dajjal is likely the man of sin. He doesn't deceive the whole world, only Muslim's.

Some of the greatest misconceptions in Christian prophecy are....
    A pre-trib rapture.
    A one world government.
    A world dictator.
    A united one world religion.
    Rome and the EU produce the anti-christ and false prophet.
    A global mark of the beast/computer chip etc.
    A temple to be rebuilt.

NONE OF THAT WILL EVER COME TO PASS The saddest thing is that Christians seldom admit their mistakes or change their mind.

I could tell you the most likely candidate for anti-Christ, but it would take several pages. I could throw out a name, but would feel uncomfortable doing so without showing the scriptural evidence. It may even be against forum rules to do so.

Thread Information