Thread: Hey there!

Hey there!

My name is Estelle. I am lonely. But not alone. Married with three beautiful kiddies. Afrikaans speaking. Confused. I feel God has forgotten me.

Re: Hey there!

Quote Originally Posted by Bietjiebaie View Post
    My name is Estelle. I am lonely. But not alone. Married with three beautiful kiddies. Afrikaans speaking. Confused. I feel God has forgotten me.
    Hi Estelle, welkom hier by ons. Daar is 'n Afrikaanse deel van die forum waar jy in Afrikaans kan praat. Ek hoop jy sal vind dat God jou nooit verlaat nie.

Groete
    Kalahari

Hello Estelle;

Welcome to the forum.

I understand the loneliness and feeling like God has forgotten us. The last several years have been like that for me. But I know He hasn't. He may be unseen and silent but for me anyway it was a lesson in enduring and continuing to hold on regardless. Keep praying, reading the Bible and get some fellowship. Do you attend a local church?
    "He's wild, you know. Not like a tame lion."
    C.S. Lewis, "The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe."

"Oh, but sometimes the sun stays hidden for years"
    "Sometimes the sky rains night after night, When will it clear?"

"But our Hope endures the worst of conditions"
    "It's more than our optimism, Let the earth quake"
    "Our Hope is unchanged"
    "Our Hope Endures" Natalie Grant

Hello Estelle and welcome to BibleForums!
    Galatians 6:14 - But God forbid that I should boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world.

I haven't been at church for quite a few months now. I need to feel the Holy Spirit moving, and our local church is more politics than anything else. I have nothing against Dutch Reform Church and I know wonderful people there, but I hunger for more...

I haven't been at church for quite a few months now. I need to feel the Holy Spirit moving, and our local church is more politics than anything else. I have nothing against Dutch Reform Church and I know wonderful people there, but I hunger for more...
    Hi, Bietjiebaie. Yes, a lot of Churches are more politics than preaching and teaching. Welcome aboard.
    The Outlaw Bible Student Ė Studies on the Fringe of Christianity

A Different Kind of Christian Website

Blog Entries

Greetings Estelle,

Welcome to BF. While I canít speak to your specific local Dutch Reformed Church, generally if you engage with a Dutch church in their liturgy and Sunday school, you should find it very, very rich.

The very first Q&A of their Catechism is one of the most beautiful statements ever made outside of the Bible IMO.

Q. 1. What is thy only comfort in life and death?
    A. That I with body and soul, both in life and death,a am not my own,b but belong unto my faithful Saviour Jesus Christ;c who, with his precious blood, has fully satisfied for all my sins,d and delivered me from all the power of the devil;e and so preserves mef that without the will of my heavenly Father, not a hair can fall from my head;g yea, that all things must be subservient to my salvation,h and therefore, by his Holy Spirit, He also assures me of eternal life,i and makes me sincerely willing and ready, henceforth, to live unto him.j

(a) Rom 14:7,8
    (b) 1 Cor 6:19
    (c) 1 Cor 3:23; Titus 2:14
    (d) 1 Pet 1:18,19; 1 John 1:7; 1 John 2:2,12
    (e) Heb 2:14; 1 John 3:8; John 8:34-36
    (f) John 6:39; John 10:28; 2 Thess 3:3; 1 Pet 1:5
    (g) Matt 10:29-31; Luke 21:18
    (h) Rom 8:28
    (i) 2 Cor 1:20-22; 2 Cor 5:5; Eph 1:13,14; Rom 8:16
    (j) Rom 8:14; 1 John 3:3

In essentials, unity; in non-essentials, liberty; in all things, charity. - Rupertus Meldenius

Read your Bible and pray every single day. - Pastor Jon Courson

If your grace ain't greasier than a bucket full of chitlin's and gravy, you might be a legalist - an internet friend.

Thread Information